Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With Smooth Edges for Base Game.

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited December 2020 in The Sims 2
Had to get a different pc, (no choice) and Windows 10, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super card. I ran Graphics rule maker several times, but the smooth edges are horrible on this card. Which by the way wasn't even in the new list of video cards that were updated recently. Does anyone here know what line I have to change in the CSConfig to get better results? Only base game at the moment. I miss my Windows 7 pc and full game. :'(

Also, when I went into CAS after using the GRM, the couch on the side is bright white, part of the top of the mirror is cut off, like the Sim doesn't fit in the scene and the Sims (any of them) No cc at all, is way too bright what's going on with that? The rule maker doesn't seem to know what to do with my card. Miss my Radeon R7 :'(
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Thank you @Rflong7, I read them, kind of sketchy but I think I figured out most of it. I'm just not sure what to set the memory total to where it says 32MB, because some use 1724 but my card has 4gbs dedicated memory so not sure what I should put there. I think that is the problem with the smooth edges, really horrible. Lol, funny story spent all day installing my discs and patches then got down to AL and it's scratched lol, and copying it didn't work to well because I was too tired, then started to install my M&G disc and I've lost it not in box. That's always my luck some days. :s
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Yes, I have read that in word. But couldn't get to any of the links in there. I tried searching for the 4GB patch but it's a photo only, lol, the link doesn't even work on my machine. I had to disable something in Regedit so I could install that horrible SecuRom on BV, and FT and H&M or windows 10 wouldn't let me install them. But now after installing them it says I'm playing wrong disc, or a big red dot pops up and says Sims 2. It was working fine (i guess) when I only had DD installed with no problems but once I started installing my cds of the EPs etc. it went haywire, so I'm pulling out my hair and banging my head on my desk. This is one reason I kept 7 on my desktop for so long. I really, really, hate Win. 10 and will never like it, ever. Sorry, to rant, but I also went to Origin and thought ok I will just install it again on this new pc but it says Play on Origin now...I can't download it anymore. I would rather deal with Securom than Origin.

I never thought I would have this much trouble with 10. I know how to use it, but it's on a laptop we have and not enough for my games. So, I can't even get the games to load now, lol let alone fix my Graphics Problems. :/ I must be having a senior moment and I can say that because I am one.
    omg, thank you @Rflong7 , I finally got it installed. I had to uninstall the ones with SecuRom on them because W10 has a fit, but installed all of them up through Seasons. Then GRM wouldn't make a backup so I had to do some stuff but finally got it to work, too. It was that silly W10 that wouldn't let it back up the Config files until I set it to run as admin. A new update on 10 stops people from doing anything and having to give themselves permission. I really really do appreciate your help. Now back to Simming! Thank you.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    You have the exact card I do. I just plain ignore the GRM as it ALWAYS produces buggy results, I just edit my graphicsrules ini by hand. I don't have smooth edges available but I don't really need it, the game looks pretty enough without anti-aliasing, which I usually prefer to be off anyway.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
    edited January 2021
    Actually the smooth edges returned with a later disc like Seasons etc. I kept checking with each EP if the settings changed to something more desirable (smooth edges, etc.) and it returned after installing a later EP. The problem wasn't that it was grayed out but that it didn't actually fix anything once it showed back up.