Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

Did you develop a new obsession this year?

NORMANDIE. And also cardamom buns. XD

YouTube :lol:

I think the lockdown period made me obsessed with it!

JackSepticEye, CallMeKevin, and Haylett RV (been RV shopping) were my top picks during this difficult time.

Hopefully, when things get better, I'll be able to get a newer trailer (than the 1993 travel trailer I was living in)! Until then I enjoy looking at what is out there in the RV industry.

Man, I haven't watched Jacksepticeye in forever.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Ehhh, I wouldn't say that I have any new obsessions... :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

YouTube
  • Options
    Oh look, we're at 2021 now.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
  • Options
    When you find someone who listens to Wildways just like you:
    a2gUBJb.png
    AgileVainIbis-size_restricted.gif
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Yay! It's officially my birthday, which means three days until New Years and the actual 2021 :grin:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options

Yay! It's officially my birthday, which means three days until New Years and the actual 2021 :grin:

Happy birthday!! You're up early?? Or haven't slept yet?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member

Happy birthday @bellagorilla 🎉
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited December 2020
    Happy birthday @bellagorilla

Hope you have a wonderful day today! 🎂
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    Happy birthday Bella!
    they/he
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    Did your appearance change this year?

Hmm, nothing too drastic. Just changed the frames of my glasses earlier this year, but they still look kinda similar to my previous ones. And then I am tying my hair more into space buns more often too whenever I don't have to work at the office.

Shaved off my hair a couple of months ago, that's it though.

Happy birthday Bella!
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited December 2020
    Happy Birthday @bellagorilla ! Doing anything special?

As for the QQ at hand, new obsessions. Hubs says I don't HAVE obsessions, but rather, I tend to BE obsessive. And absolutist and stubborn!

This is because I went toe-to-toe with him over how to build the sheet-metal plenum as a fume hood solution. He wanted to use plastic-foil bubble wrap, as insulation, inside the plenum. I said we could insulate the outside, between the sheet metal and the wall, but not place anything, especially any floppy plastics that will get even floppier when exposed to heat (and sag, obstructing airflow), inside a metal box designed to contain and direct steam, smoke, etc.

He said we could just screw it in securely. I said in order to counter the tendency to sag, both from gravity and the softening of floppy plastic when exposed to moderate heat, we'd need to screw it in a dozen places, which puts a dozen holes in the metal, allowing for moisture and warmth to collect between the wood and the sheet metal, creating an opportunity for rot/mold. So...we can insulate outside the box, without puncturing it or putting anything inside it. Also, if, heaven forfend, there is ever a grease fire on my stove (never had one yet but I'm also not the only one using it), the metal box ushering exhaust through the hole to the outside of our house, is better off without anything flammable, inside it.

It's not a new obsession for me this year, but I have an obsession with good engineering, and with not doing things in such a way as to create problems.
    Post edited by Nushnushganay on
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Happy bday Bella!
  • Options
    My awesome neighbours are back from the US after 4 years and I wanna get them something. 😊 Maybe some kinda cake or whatever dessert I can find at the mall today. LOL. Well, maybe not like a 'cake' cake cuz those are $30. Ain't nobody got money fo dat. 😂
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Oh, I hadn't slept yet :sweat_smile: but thanks!
    Lyoufln wrote: »

Thanks Lyou!

Thank you! So far, it's not been a bad day :smile:
    xSongx wrote: »
    Happy birthday Bella!

Thanks Song!
    Today's Q Q is:

Hmm, nothing too drastic. Just changed the frames of my glasses earlier this year, but they still look kinda similar to my previous ones. And then I am tying my hair more into space buns more often too whenever I don't have to work at the office.

Happy birthday Bella!

Thanks Lyric!
    As for the QQ at hand, new obsessions. Hubs says I don't HAVE obsessions, but rather, I tend to BE obsessive. And absolutist and stubborn!

This is because I went toe-to-toe with him over how to build the sheet-metal plenum as a fume hood solution. He wanted to use plastic-foil bubble wrap, as insulation, inside the plenum. I said we could insulate the outside, between the sheet metal and the wall, but not place anything, especially any floppy plastics that will get even floppier when exposed to heat (and sag, obstructing airflow), inside a metal box designed to contain and direct steam, smoke, etc.

He said we could just screw it in securely. I said in order to counter the tendency to sag, both from gravity and the softening of floppy plastic when exposed to moderate heat, we'd need to screw it in a dozen places, which puts a dozen holes in the metal, allowing for moisture and warmth to collect between the wood and the sheet metal, creating an opportunity for rot/mold. So...we can insulate outside the box, without puncturing it or putting anything inside it. Also, if, heaven forfend, there is ever a grease fire on my stove (never had one yet but I'm also not the only one using it), the metal box ushering exhaust through the hole to the outside of our house, is better off without anything flammable, inside it.

It's not a new obsession for me this year, but I have an obsession with good engineering, and with not doing things in such a way as to create problems.

Thanks Nush! My grandmother bought me sushi for lunch, and my mother got me cheesecake and we (my siblings, my mom, my grandmother, and I) played one of my favorite card games. No alcohol, even if I can legally purchase it now :joy: otherwise I think I've got the evening to chill and do whatever :3
    Mouselline wrote: »
    Happy bday Bella!

Thanks Mouse!
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options

Thanks Lyou!

Happy birthday Bella!

Thanks Song!
    Today's Q Q is:

Happy birthday Bella!

Thanks Lyric!

Thanks Nush! My grandmother bought me sushi for lunch, and my mother got me cheesecake and we (my siblings, my mom, my grandmother, and I) played one of my favorite card games. No alcohol, even if I can legally purchase it now :joy: otherwise I think I've got the evening to chill and do whatever :3
    Happy bday Bella!

Thanks Mouse!

Sushiiiiii. 🥺🥺
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I can imagine that there will be a lot of celebrating going on on a global scale come this Thursday when 2020 is officially behind us. Though I probably will stay in and not celebrate to protect others, my family, and my self. I use to work in a general hospital and worked around this stuff all day every day. And I can tell you with certainty that infectious viruses are no joke. My time working in a general hospital was preCovid.
  • Options

Thanks Lyou!

Happy birthday Bella!

Thanks Song!
    Today's Q Q is:

Happy birthday Bella!

Thanks Lyric!

Happy bday Bella!

Thanks Mouse!

Sushiiiiii. 🥺🥺

Yeah, it was good :yum: I hadn't had any since leaving campus in March, so it tasted especially good :3
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    What was the best moment of the year for you?

Hmmm... I don't have any like super outstanding moments. Maybe that time when Toli replied on my Instagram post of the drawing of him. XD

Or maybe when I was promoted to lead designer in my company. That was cool even tho I totally didn't attend the ceremony/company dinner cuz I took my leave in advance. LOL.

I still think the Toli one is a bit cooler.

sunman502 wrote: »
    I can imagine that there will be a lot of celebrating going on on a global scale come this Thursday when 2020 is officially behind us. Though I probably will stay in and not celebrate to protect others, my family, and my self. I use to work in a general hospital and worked around this stuff all day every day. And I can tell you with certainty that infectious viruses are no joke. My time working in a general hospital was preCovid.

Ha, I doubt it. Just cuz the 2020 is poop doesn't mean Covid will totally be cancelled in 2021. So why celebrate?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Probably after hubs and I had been through what each of us feared was something that could end us, we were able to reach across to each other, and for the first time in our entire relationship, he was suddenly no longer afraid to hold my hand or kiss me in public. For the first time ever, we could walk *together* as a couple and it was okay. Better than okay. It was like we were starting all over again, but this time, he was fully there, no longer ruled by fear of others' opinions, and so for the first time, WE were really there, together, when we had never quite been, before. I had no idea how deeply it hurt before, that he was willing to be with me in private but never even look like a couple, let alone a married one, in public...until that dam broke and suddenly everything became possible.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Neat I saw two of my posts on a random wordpress. Guess I'm famous now... Probably for the wrong reasons. Edgy 2015 Sorak?
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    Last painting of 2020!

s2sH8q7.jpg

x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Hm, not sure. It’s been a rough year, but now that I look back, I realize I can think of lots of really good things that happened this year too. Two of the good things that happened this year was getting a haircut and my summer job.
  • Options
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    Neat I saw two of my posts on a random wordpress. Guess I'm famous now... Probably for the wrong reasons. Edgy 2015 Sorak?

Is it one of those weird sim blogs that screenshot people's posts from here? If so, I'm popular there. 😂
    x3vZicL.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top