Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    edited December 2020
    @Metior_Ice
    Since I'm kind of the hybrid person around here...
    Spellcaster-vampires used to be born in the game from caster-vampire pairings. The only problem with them is that the motive panel doesn't display right and their charge metre and curse list are missing. You also can't get back to the vampire perk tree once the Sim's a caster too. There's a mod out there by Iced Cream on Mod The Sims that fixes these issues. Iced Cream also made an all-in-one hybrid stabiliser for all occult combinations (it's how I had Ezio the vampire-mermaid-spellcaster).

But primarily your hybrid issues are going to be motive sort related, or second form related. Ergo, part-aliens work for stable hybrids because they don't have a second form.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    I went back to Cecilia Serpente today, because I fiddled with getting another household from another save onto my current one. The thing is: it's about this old guy whose wife died, and now he's dating this woman who he doesn't know is just a serial golddigger out for his money... But when I played that old save, the wife was already dead when I had to re-save the household (I made the household on my mom's PC and had to get it on the Gallery of my own PC)! So now the relationships aren't showing up as I want on their family tree: I have to bring her back to life, then kill her off again. I read that a high-level spellcaster can learn De-Deathify, and it's my best bet to bring her back... And wasn't I wanting to get Cecilia up to the max spellcaster level anyways? I'd honestly think that she'd want to watch the chaos that would cause as well, so I had the perfect excuse to dust off the ' ol Serpente household.

So she has a club of evil spellcasters going on next to her job, and it already had 1 member: Simonius Vitregovich. He was more there to just fill the ranks, though. And I posted before about a Sim I had found for her on the Gallery, right? Well, the club always meets in the Realm of Magic, and guess who she ran into...
    LzLQhrN.png
    Yup, Damien Night himself, the planned father of her future children! Lucky me, because I hadn't quite finished building him a house yet. You can understand: I added him to the club immediately after she had introduced herself. I somehow can't really imagine Cecilia marrying him, but it only takes one Try for Baby for that line of evil spellcasters to happen, right? I'll have her date him for a bit, but marriage isn't in the cards for these two. He kind of turned her down in the beginning, but a bit of her doing some friendly schmoozing and a few flirty interactions with a positive friendship bar later? Not only did he join the club: Cecilia also got a half-decent romantic relationship bar on him, got him on board with her political cause, AND got him to donate to it. Who needs mind control when you've got charm like that?

After a small bit of cursing Sims in celebration of this, it was time to head back home for some more magical practice.
    6wgJcdN.png
    Keep at it, Cecilia, we need you at Virtuoso. She learned Burgliate, Infatuate and Morphiate today: ooh boy, this can't be good news for those innocent Sims... Randomizer, why did you find it a good idea to teach her THOSE particular spells!? :D She also has the hexproof perk now, so she won't have to worry about pesky hugging curses anymore. I'm having her specialize in Mischief magic, but De-Deathify is Untamed: I do think a small dip into Untamed magic would fit Cecila as well, though. She has now mastered every Mischief spell out there, so I'm getting to Untamed tomorrow. She had work that day, so I sent her to scour the shelves for tomes in the Realm of Magic after. I decided not to start a club gathering, as Damien would probably only serve to distract her... Simonius was there, though, so at least some chaos was caused.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Keidra wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice
    Since I'm kind of the hybrid person around here...
    Spellcaster-vampires used to be born in the game from caster-vampire pairings. The only problem with them is that the motive panel doesn't display right and their charge metre and curse list are missing. You also can't get back to the vampire perk tree once the Sim's a caster too. There's a mod out there by Iced Cream on Mod The Sims that fixes these issues. Iced Cream also made an all-in-one hybrid stabiliser for all occult combinations (it's how I had Ezio the vampire-mermaid-spellcaster).

But primarily your hybrid issues are going to be motive sort related, or second form related. Ergo, part-aliens work for stable hybrids because they don't have a second form.

Thanks. I didn't know. I don't use mods because they aren't supported for the PS4, but I know of a few mods I would add if I could.
    @Metior_Ice
    Btw I don't get notifications from quotes, so I assume it doesn't work unless you @ someone.

Anyway, spellcaster-vampire hybrids are fine without mods if you take vampire first, get the perks you want because you won't be able to access the panel again, then turn into a spellcaster, either through cheat or through the sages, which worked even if you're a vampire last time I made a vampcaster but may not work now idk. (Recently Maxis patched out vampcasters being born as hybrids, idk if they fixed vampires being able to take the sage quest.) Then just make it a priority to get hexproof. You can tell when you're in charge state without the metre so it's not really a big deal. Honestly, neither is the lack of curse slots, really.

Oh, they also won't be able to have a vampire dark form. The game won't delete it but I found it will randomise it every time the hybrid's taken into CAS. It's a pain in the butt without mods man I honestly feel sorry for console players. Mercasters are possible too bc casters don't have a second form and mermaids don't have a perk tree, but will sometimes glitch and swim on land.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.

edited December 2020
    I slept since my last post, and I didn't wake up until it was dark outside. I'm feeling well enough to sit at a computer and type, so here's another update. After this, I should be able to go back to continue the story.

The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

The Island Elemental Twins: Dylan and Zalrian

The twins visited the Natural Park preserved by the Merfolk and Elementals. This was a place of balance between elemental forces, and it happened to be a good place for families to hang out.

When they arrived, Dylan swam to the Water Sanctuary to meditate. Unfortunately, connecting to the sea proved difficult because the Sanctuary was incomplete.

50728338642_90d5ab0c90_b.jpg

Zeph denied Ukupanipo's connection to the Island. He was the shark god responsible for watching over the fish, and yet, he neglected his responsibilities. His doppelgänger Panipo was much more proactive about protecting the islands.

50727510908_7f2284d78c_z.jpgThe Sims™ 4_20201215232804 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum: "I hope the Tome of the Wayfinder's Breeze helps you through college. The book is connected to you, and it holds power over your vitality and spirit. Don't lose it."

Zeph: "I'm not the one you need to lecture about losing stuff, but thank you."

50728239186_0d5c997efc_b.jpg

Calum swam around Mua'Pel Am. The humans, Islanders and Tourists alike left trash on the shore that washed out to sea. As the younger brother of the Pod's Leader, Calum felt he had a responsibility to lead by example and clean up the ocean around Mua Pel'am.Trash can't put itself in the trash can it belongs in.

50728338542_dcc497c383_c.jpg

Calum and the pod enjoyed swimming in the ocean; it's the natural home for merfolk. It was just a shame that it had so much pollution.

50727510863_bd329423c6_b.jpg

Calum got slimed multiple times, but his efforts paid off.

50728338527_166a87c2f5_b.jpg

50728239116_dd55c7a633_b.jpg

But his efforts weren't in vain.

50728338512_60d9b30978_b.jpg

When Calum, Dylan, and Zeph returned home. They found Juniper completely neglected. Apparently, Arihi only focused her attention on caring for Jade. Maybe, it took all her energy to keep up with her.

50728338502_e73921df6e_c.jpg

Calum stepped in to fix his needs. Poor Juniper, he doesn't throw tantrums or actively seek attention. He's a very gentle and quite toddler.

50728239081_72323ef95b_b.jpg

Calum gave Juniper a soothing hug before giving him a bath.

50728338472_973428b6fe_c.jpg

50728338452_b92318388a_c.jpg

Calum read Juniper to sleep. Juniper was worried that if he closed his eyes he would be forgotten. It took a moment for him to sleep.

50728337277_85b8411dc7_c.jpg

50728238976_2fe3e5f1d2_b.jpg

After Juniper went to sleep, he started tending to Jade's needs that weren't as low.

He got splashed by Jade while she was in the bath, and she didn't hesitate to speak up when she wanted out of the high chair. Calum barely had a chance to tuck in Juniper before going back to Jade.

50728238896_ab1f9a046a_b.jpg

50728338267_5ee84d84f8_c.jpg

50728238761_b10ec375a2_k.jpg

But, Jade and Juniper were ready to go for a day at the beach.

Juniper Imagine himself exploring a sunken ship in a kelp forest while Jade pretended to she was a pirate in the pirate's nest.

50727510528_0361475a2c_b.jpg

50728238716_b80df8ca37_h.jpg

With the disconnect in their imaginations braking her fantasy, Jade decided to be a mergirl with her merboy bro under the sea. She imagined herself diving into the water as she slid down the slide.

50728338127_c4b6423415_b.jpg

Juniper's a hugger.

Juniper: "Wanna Hug."

Jade: "No thank you. You smell."

50728338107_4131a56639_z.jpg

When they returned home, Arihi gave Juniper a bath. The Earth Elemental Twins would be grown up before she knew it.

50727510363_11afb08901_c.jpg

Extra:

After being ignored, it seems Juniper learned how to spontaneously make milk appear when he's hungry.

50728338092_8d0bac0be8_z.jpg

Music hinting at the next chapter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCXnekDA5ZQ
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
    @Keidra
    Keidra wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice
    Btw I don't get notifications from quotes, so I assume it doesn't work unless you @ someone.

Anyway, spellcaster-vampire hybrids are fine without mods if you take vampire first, get the perks you want because you won't be able to access the panel again, then turn into a spellcaster, either through cheat or through the sages, which worked even if you're a vampire last time I made a vampcaster but may not work now idk. (Recently Maxis patched out vampcasters being born as hybrids, idk if they fixed vampires being able to take the sage quest.) Then just make it a priority to get hexproof. You can tell when you're in charge state without the metre so it's not really a big deal. Honestly, neither is the lack of curse slots, really.

Oh, they also won't be able to have a vampire dark form. The game won't delete it but I found it will randomise it every time the hybrid's taken into CAS. It's a pain in the butt without mods man I honestly feel sorry for console players. Mercasters are possible too bc casters don't have a second form and mermaids don't have a perk tree, but will sometimes glitch and swim on land.

Thank you. I'm going to try to use the @ button more often. I've replied to a lot of people and didn't do that. I moving forward, I'll remember.

That's good info to know. I've been able to give my merfolk traits that pretty much make it so they don't need spells. Zeph can insta fix and insta upgrade things and Dylan can play song that basically makes other sims do various tasks like cleaning, mind control with music. They can even teleport now. Lol. Still, It's a shame about the Mercaster because that would've been cool for Ember if she didn't hate water. She has the fear of the ocean.
  • SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    edited May 2021
    Reality Kings Season 4: Episode 9

Derrick is now a toddler and has the trait "Charmer."
    Screenshot-497.png

Erik brought Derrick to Manuel's place so that he could meet Manuel and the twins. Dane was there too.
    Ep9a.jpg

The twins had their first Winterfest as toddlers. Manuel prepared the ham dinner, and the twins met Father Winter for the first time.
    Ep9b.jpg

Orphaned cousins Jordan, Jordi, and Markus had a 3-day vacation in Mt. Komorebi. It was Jordan's treat to his cousins for having good grades. The three of them arrived to their lodging in Friday afternoon (after class). They were planning to do a mountain excursion, so they started to practice climbing rock walls close to their lodging.
    Ep9c.jpg

In the evening, they attended the Festival of Light wearing kimono. Jordan, being a "Global Superstar," attracted many fans and paparazzis (also due to "Paparazzi Darling" quirk).
    Ep9d.jpg

The three returned to their lodging after the festival. Jordi and Markus slept in the same bedroom while Jordan slept in a separate bedroom.
    Ep9e.jpg

In the morning of the New Year's Eve, they had breakfast near a food stall and then continued building their rock climbing skill. They also tried skiing in the bunny slope.
    Ep9f.jpg

They watched Countdown to Midnight in Hazakura Lounge because there's no TV in their lodging. Paparazzis and fans gathered as expected.
    Ep9g.jpg

In the morning of the New Year, they had breakfast in their lodging. Then they tried climbing taller rock walls and realized they were not yet ready for a mountain excursion. They decided to do it next year after they reach higher level of rock climbing skill. (Jordan was only at Level 6 while Jordi and Markus were only at Level 4; I'm finding it hard to build the rock climbing skill even with the "Savant" reward trait and "Very Focused" mood!)
    Ep9h.jpg

Being Jordan's cousins, along with social media activity, gained Jordi and Markus fame.
    Screenshot-506.png

The three spent the rest of their vacation in Onsen Bathhouse. They left before their vacation ended so that Jordi and Markus could attend school the following morning.
    Ep9i.jpg

-To be continued-

Season 1 Episodes
    Season 2 Episodes
    Season 3 Episodes
    Current Season's Previous Episodes
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    Episode 5
    Episode 6
    Episode 7
    Episode 8
    Post edited by SwanSong93 on
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited December 2020
    Silandra gave birth to her second daughter Diamond, and Jason, the son of Sam, decided to hook up with Dina Caliente, whom is currently pregnant with 2 daughters.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    Awesomes out I had another post but I had a baby boom so thought I'd show you how that turned out instead...except for Fabien and Gem which didn't get pregnant with the rest of the group like I told them to....lol.
    JKJaESB.png
    First my boys had their daughter Sage.
    TpIJEP2.png
    And she is a witch like her father even though he's a noob lol.
    yA8UGmz.png
    Then my problem children Toshi seems to have accentuated the orange in Talia's skin tone, they had Karl, Kyle and Julianna.
    xc4lfwU.png
    trWv8B7.png
    i9YeHxd.png
    1Gt8ngp.png
    Luca and Norah had this little beauty Krysta.
    tSnB6yr.png
    fKZrNLc.png
    Now Jill and Juanita's baby, Dax, might seem a little off but acceptable since they both still have their tan so they would naturally be closer to what he is.
    xTRaRal.png
    bQKAU6H.png
    And my star couple had their son who has a name that escapes me but he is a total doll.
    kJsr4Wb.png
    When Gem and Fabien's kid is born I'll shorten the aging time to see them age up.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Artemis and Zoey get married. (spoiler cut for Grim out of uniform as always)

Pre-wedding planning chat. It's going to be a small affair, just the brides and Artemis' parents on Sixam.

h2d51I3.png

The ceremony begins.

7xGknzy.png

Just married confetti celebrations.

B5d1KzF.png

Congratulations and hugs all round.
    6UsRVTp.png
    ODvZz3t.png
    JKXN7za.png

Aislinn performs an impromptu violin concerto for the newlyweds.
    vCu2l4G.png

Back on Earth, Grim surprises Zoey with a gift. An all expenses paid weekend at the newest romantic getaway in Willow Creek.
    ucX19FG.png

The newlyweds enjoy their honeymoon home.

IHyfNBC.png

NfyZ20T.png

And an outdoor breakfast grill, followed by a spot of fishing. Zoey seems to have gained some weight though.

eAusKmW.png

qOSBrL3.png

Just to be sure...yep, there's a bub on the way.

3sTJq6L.png

Zoey breaks the happy news to her wife.

guxnoko.png

And they settle down for their last night away in front of the TV...

UcvJHva.png

We'll leave them with Zoey's first attempt at a romantic painting.

A2p5ukQ.png
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I hope everyone is still able to enjoy the holiday season. <3
    Maybe we should put our photos behind spoilers if we have more than 15 - I think it helps with loading for some and this page is already super photo heavy.

@RedDestiny92 p818 Toddlers and children are so cute in this game, so I can't wait to see them in your posts. I love Elvion's expressions in the screencaps and all the couples. What a sweet update. <3 p819 I'm glad you've already started posting toddlers! I think Karl is the cutest.

@Daephene p818 I like your take on the Pleasant sisters. A happy accident? Haha. I hate to pull back the curtain, but I'm curious - do you have a mod or did you try for baby? Regardless, I'm glad you moved them in together with his family, because the university courses can already be a grind, and with a baby it's surely worse. Go Lilith with the A+.

Fier Legacy :)
    Intro & Past Posts in Spoiler

INTRO
    CFRyVIZ.jpg
    The Fiers are a vampire family led by an arrogant and socially awkward megalomaniac named Asher who, among other things, hopes to have 100 children. As of now, he's had 16 (#17 is on the way!). The youngest five recently became young adults and are discovering the perks of university, so Asher's ready to move on from the life he's built with them in Sulani. Even though everyone is into pursuing an eco lifestyle and protecting the environment and even though Asher employed some draconian conservation policies while working as a top-level conservationist, he's done with that kind of tiny living stuff and had a (gaudy flamboyant) palace built in San Myshuno, where he recently relocated his family and where he intends to raise the next generation of his children.

PAST POSTS
    1. Fier Legacy Introduction
    2. Teenage Lifeguard (Delmarya)
    3. Living Her Best Life (Adelise)
    4. Night on the Town
    5. Day of Fier P1
    6. Day of Fier P2
    7. Happy Birthday P1 (Dawn)
    8. Happy Birthday P2 (Dawn)
    9. A First Kiss (Dawn)
    10. Conservationism and a Death Flower for Deli
    11. Vampire Population Control (Asher)
    12. Happy Birthday (Delmarya)
    13. Merry Winterfest
    14. Ambitious Dysis
    15. Gen 4 Enrolls in University
    16. Relaxation? Before University
    17. New Year's Eve
    18. Sulani Bonfire
    19. Midnight Encounter (Delmarya)
    20. Deli Strikes Out (Delmarya)
    21. One Americano and Two Slices of Bread (Delmarya)
    22. Lovestruck Procrastination Queen (Dysis)
    23. Balancing Love and Academics (Dysis)
    24. Saying Goodbye P1
    25. Saying Goodbye P2
    26. Forcing Fun at Foxbury (Dysis)
    27. First Impression = Great, Second Impression = Trash (Deli)
    28. Asher's Incompetence (Asher)
    29. A Productive Day
    30. A Day for Love P1 (Dysis)
    31. A Day for Love P2 (Delmarya)
    32. Asher's Advice and Planning a Date
    33. Only the Ice Cream Was Pure Perfection? (Deli)
    34. Debating Firsts (Darius)
    35. Limited Romance at the Romance Festival (Deli)
    36. Happy Lunar New Year P1 (Delmarya)
    37. Happy Lunar New Year P2 (Asher)
    38. Aster's Past (Delmarya)
    39. Reservations About Everything (Deli)
    40. Moving On (from Sulani to San Myshuno)
    41. First Days in San Myshuno
    42. The Spice Festival is too Hot
    43. New Life on the Way
    44. First Fourth Generation Fier Graduates
    45. Enjoying Change & Anticipating More

Delmarya Fier was a sunshine-loving vampire who recently gained immunity to the sun. Despite this, the sun remained a bit terrifying—it was hard to instantly accept that exposure would no longer set her flesh aflame. There was also something serene and uniquely beautiful about Sulani's vacant beaches at night, so she still found herself doing much of her conservationist work post-sunset.

One evening, when she dared to venture out at sunset instead of after, to photograph the landscape, some dude photobombed her.
    QJ7mPEl.jpg
    QqE4YIs.jpg

They awkwardly introduced themselves to each other and then went their separate ways. He was a Sunali-native named Zachary Rose who lived near the volcano on Mua Pel'am. He seemed nice. Maybe Zachary could be friendly with her? Maybe he wouldn't find her weird? Deli figured that since he lived near the volcano, where Vlad used to live, there was a non-negligible chance that he was familiar with vampires even though vampires were rare. But did she want to hang out with someone who was potentially friendly with Vlad who had a reputation for being evil? Perhaps—she was desperate for friends, but she knew it wouldn't really work out with someone evil or mean.
    ZingyJk.jpg

Besides, Zachary was kind of cute. Deli was glad she caught him in a photo.

Meanwhile, Asher and Adelise continued their prenatal coaching of baby #17. This time the almost baby's lesson was on chess. Asher wasn't happy to have his losing become a lesson of what not to do, though. But if baby #17 was becoming familiar with his voice (and forgot the lesson), it was fine.
    YbFaW2Z.jpg

Afterwards, Adelise swam in the pool to relax.
    nKxwbyW.jpg

Deli couldn't get over the fact that she could be outside during the day in the sun without hurting. She loved it! It was amazing and all other wonderful things.
    dRecVEu.jpg

When Dyna asked for Deli's help with her soccer practice, Deli jumped at the chance despite her not knowing the first thing about the sport.
    d4ciPSs.jpg

On the whole, Deli was enjoying life and she was enjoying that she was enjoying life. She played games guilt-free. She even entered her father's fancy office without telling him and used his computer to write articles on conservationism.
    6ZiS7Lq.jpg
    MEgUpNT.jpg
    edited December 2020
    The Eisenstern Legacy
    Start | Previous | Family Tree

Unfortunately I caught a game bug lol and spent a lot of yesterday testing if it was the game or my game, and then ruling out which mod it was. I still have no idea. It works as expected in my no-mods save, but also sporadically works nonsensically in the modded saves sooo that's nice. And I didn't get a lot of play in. Oh well.

TS4-x64-2020-12-27-17-31-29.jpg
    Ezio spends most of his time talking to one of the kids. Mostly it's been Freya because she was the only one at home during the day.
    TS4-x64-2020-12-27-21-30-42.jpg
    Turns out it's me that needs to adjust to Drake being human, not Drake, because I'm like, wait why are you in sleepwear, did your vampire energy bar go-ooooohhhh, riiiiiight....

TS4-x64-2020-12-27-21-36-40.jpg
    The sink broke and left a puddle. So I told Ezio to repair the sink and then Scruberoo the puddle. It was gone before Drake even got out of the bathroom.

TS4-x64-2020-12-27-22-04-55.jpg
    Unfortunately, Lana died, and now everyone in the house except for Drake and Diablo are very sad about it (none of them knew Lana except Ezio). It's kind of bull you can get the +3 sad moodlet from a grandparent you don't even know dying. Sigh, there's a mod for it, but it seems to be broke.

Oh well. Free emotional control.
    (I do hate that play with emotion seems to have been nerfed. <_<)

TS4-x64-2020-12-27-22-05-42.jpg
    Ezio decided to call Akira, since with Lana gone, it meant Akira wasn't too far behind. He died the next day.

TS4-x64-2020-12-27-22-46-32.jpg
    The boys came home from school finally feeling the sad moodlet. (They had powerful positive moodlets overriding it at first.)

TS4-x64-2020-12-27-22-51-02.jpg
    Freya was sad too, though she probably didn't really understand why. I kind of want to petition the mourning moodlets removed from toddlers. They're like, 2, they don't understand death.

TS4-x64-2020-12-27-22-53-20.jpg
    The kids tried to make the best of it by making snowpals, and talking to each other. The Eisenstern kids are actually very close, and even though none of them are outgoing, they all act like they are with each other. Mm. I have a love-hate relationship with family play, this is probably why I don't make it much further than here.

But! I've officially made it the longest for a Sims 4 legacy! In a couple generations it'll be my longest legacy ever.

TS4-x64-2020-12-27-23-59-37.jpg
    Lana ended up with Freya. So I dragged her out into the shed and lol that sounds bad um, set her up with a table and a candle out there, and she came out the first night.

Ma'am, are you aware you JUST died?

TS4-x64-2020-12-28-00-48-39.jpg
    Freya got interested in the photos of her brothers on the walls. There are a few of her, too. Nothing as good as what my friend can do. I'm trash at in-game photos. >> I may start deliberately using custom poses because I can never get anyone aligned how I want.

TS4-x64-2020-12-28-02-02-26.jpg
    Anyway, with Freya having maxed her toddler skills I aged her up early with the birthday cake. I'm sick of toddlers, so... yeah seemed a good idea.

TS4-x64-2020-12-28-02-04-03.jpg
    Wasn't too bad but needed some tweaking.

TS4-x64-2020-12-28-02-13-41.jpg
    Yay! Strangely I like Freya with shorter hair.

TS4-x64-2020-12-28-02-16-17.jpg
    Frey was still sad, so Ezio used calm emotions. (He earnt the values traits from my baby Embers save.)

Next
    Post edited by Keidra on
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

@haneul Asher made me laugh. Losing at chess... It would be fun to see a chess match between him and Zeph. But Prenatal lessons, lol, that's a bit extreme! But, it made me laugh.

How will Asher react if Deli ends up with the photobomber. That would be interesting.

edited December 2020
    The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

The Island Elemental Twins: Dylan and Zephyr

Starting Dylan and Zeph's rotation, Ember had the bully taking her chips at school. She seems to have learned from Zeph's succcess dealing with this. And, she's just as merciless.

50772238251_ee6d818317.jpg

50771490403_dbfb2e49da_n.jpg

Dylan and Zeph sent in their applications for University, and while they waited for acceptance, they called their underwater familiars the twin Azure Dolphins, Fin and Flynn. Fin didn't stick around, but Flynn let Zephyr pet him before having a short conversation.

50771490383_0883d7fda3_b.jpg

50772238816_ba6ece1b7a_z.jpg

Zeph: "Me and Dylan are going to leave the Islands and go to University."

Flynn: "I wish I could go with you."

Zeph: "I know. Seeing you there would brighten my day."

Dylan: "The campus has a river. We could meet there, but we would have to be careful. Humans don't know merfolk and elementals exist."

50772238776_04a3f6fc96_c.jpg

At Triton's Beach, Dylan and Zeph introduced themselves to Vesper, one of the Musical Geniuses in the Pod.

50771489773_49dfb4571d_c.jpg

Dylan sang a solo, and his mermadic voice drew a crowd. His singing for pop, rock, and almost any genre is exceptional.

50772352932_4d32912bba_b.jpg

When Dylan and Zeph sang a duet, their voices harmonized and drew the crowd to the second floor. Kemps and Vesper was among the crowd.

50771490208_0fd96202c9_b.jpg

Dylan sang another solo. It was late, so the Karaoke Bar didn't have many visitors. Dylan's mom and Zeph listened to the solo with others arriving as morning approached.

50772238626_eaf2e715ab_h.jpg

Kemps arrived at the Karaoke Bar early in the morning. He was tense about his nephews leaving the islands. Dylan calmed him down.

50771490148_cdaab5766f_b.jpg

Before they left for college, I had Dylan make fruitcake to conduct the fruitcake test and see who liked it. Jade and Juniper were excluded.

50771490123_b40f4607f5_k.jpg

So, who didn't like it.

Calum

50771490048_a6c56c4302_k.jpg

Dylan

50771489888_e6cb8ed305_k.jpg

Ember

50772352787_70d555ecf9_k.jpg

Who Liked it

Arihi

50772352792_e92cc8653c_k.jpg

Zephyr

50771490093_d2bc70f38f_k.jpg

Jade wanted into the highchair just to say nonsense to Arihi. She made everyone laugh. Dylan continued to prepare extra food for the family for when he and his brother wouldn't be there.

50772352772_5dac63c10e_b.jpg

Ember made a mess in the Kitchen and almost got away with it because she had a scouts meeting.

50772238381_7bf0042c2e_b.jpg

Arihi made sure she cleaned up her mess. Arihi might be bad with Toddlers, but she can handle herself with teens and children.

50772238346_f7f2e86249_c.jpg

But' Arihi does her best to be a good mother to her toddlers. She really tries.

Arihi reading to Jade: "And the Aliens came to Sulani...."

50772352577_71eec036c2_b.jpg

Arihi: "And they snatched up all the little boys and girls that ran around with their clothes off, threw tantrums, broke school projects, smashed dollhouses, and drove their parents crazy. And finally, peace was restored."

50771489843_7ac7d358dd_b.jpg

I mean, Arihi does try...
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
    Small status update. I'm making this a separate post just in case it helps with quotes.

I'm starting to feel better, so I might have the energy for more updates later. I'm definitely still infected with something in my sinuses, but things don't look as bad.
    Brandi IV walked on the wild side and ended up giving birth to Jared and Brandi V. Also I realized Jason's two daughters that were born at the same time yesterday, are actually twins! So I renamed them Shana and Hana.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Not going to make a general comment post because I have two updates to write, but a few responses to recent posts:
    @Metior_Ice Hope you feel better soon!

@Keidra In my legacy save I always made the youngest the heir so I didn't have any younger siblings in my way when I was ready to focus on the new generation. But all your kids are cute in that family so I'm sure any of them would be fun.

@haneul I don't use any mods, so that was just me. Occasionally I just click try for baby on a whim when my sims are in no way prepared for children just to see what happens, and if it works I call it an accidental pregnancy. Most of the children I plan in advance I consider planned in game too, except for the upcoming one for Darius and Candy because it's part of their story that they didn't mean to start a family so young.

I'll so the shorter update first. Back to the Pleasants!

I have decided when he ages up I'm changing the baby's name to Daniel, after the father that was tragically lost between realities. Everyone's been pretty happy to meet him.
    xuUonpI.png
    dMnkgOF.png
    jWCz3Fu.png

Rohan has kept his part time job, since he has a son to provide for now. Eleanor does a lot of baby care while they study, but not all of it.
    Unfortunately Ekram had some difficulty with the broken refrigerator.
    bUL2KKr.png

Rohan seemed to think he was kidding around at first, but he wasn't.
    aQie7NB.png
    So I look forward to Daniel aging up in mourning and having a sad moodlet to start off his toddler stage.

But Ekram does come to visit. Apparently to make work for his wife, as he mostly left dirty dishes around for her to clean and broke things that she had to fix.
    vUMv3Xy.png
    I may be letting him fade away sooner rather than later.

Angela does her schoolwork in the nursery now, in case the baby needs anything.
    2tWqtdu.png

In the meantime, Lilith and Cameron attended the romance festival.
    P87D1Jt.png

And found it inspiring.
    5zr7i9H.png

And then there was a wedding arch right there...
    kstGc02.png
    oB2sFws.png

The festival ended and the arch disappeared halfway through, but they carried on and are officially married now!
    6W8uQk0.png

Unfortunately my luck with switching households ran out. Rohan failed two classes and Angela failed one. I have to cut them some slack, they have a newborn and just experienced a death in the family. But I've decided to play their household only until they graduate, with aging on, then switch back over to Lilith and Cameron and turn aging back off so no one ages twice while they finish their degrees. That should give me more time to enjoy the other activities and options on campus too, in addition to making sure they study properly for their exams. I had them do turn in their term papers and presentations when I was playing them so it was just the classes with the exams that I couldn't keep their grades up in.

But before I do all that, I decided to go back to my main save for a little while, so my next update will be back with Athena's descendants.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    So, my New Year's profile pic is going to be of the newest member of the Andreas family, as that seems properly symbolic. And now I'm going to introduce her. This sim-week was started before Christmas and finished today.

It hasn't been all that many weeks since I posted about Derrick, Evie and Darius moving into their new home and taking in the Behr sisters as foster daughters.
    xmlnQOL.png

They've been doing a lot of helping with homework and encouraging to journal, though Derrick might be a little too proud of himself there.
    XopGwT3.png
    Yme2plu.png

Also, both of those pictures were of Yuki, because early in this week, Darius and Candy both aged up! And as I predicted last time, got pregnant the first time they had real woohoo. I'll use a spoiler tag because there's a lot of pictures coming.
    Incidentally the woohoo in question had a witness, who found it hilarious.
    cRAb6Qx.png

The family went to geek con, where nothing really happened and the pictures didn't turn out great. And then Darius and Candy did their typical nightclub outing. Candy wasn't feeling well, so she took a pregnancy test in the bathroom. Surprise!
    SYTkYu0.png
    My parents are going to kill us!

Candy didn't let being pregnant slow her down for the night.
    BP6WGdx.png
    bQaLhFn.png

The next day she couldn't quite look his parents in the eye as she told them the news.
    s6AaLTi.png
    DfrsCSs.png
    The one time that weird talking over the shoulder thing has an in-story explanation.

But they ended up being pretty ok with the situation and actually celebrated being grandparents.
    EUJIlCm.png

Evie is in the PR branch of the social media career, so I decided she used her connections to get Darius a job as a programmer (he liked video games and dancing, and there are no careers in the latter). He actually got pretty into it and took up the Computer Whiz aspiration.
    khzPBW3.png

And Evie helped Candy get in on the ground floor in a business career, even though she didn't have the best grades in high school. Candy started in her second trimester, and then fortunately the rest of the pregnancy was on the weekend.
    4XKTmRM.png

Darius and Candy have developed the deeply in love and smitten sentiments, so I sent them on a date. To the ruins in the middle of winter... but it was pretty! And they built a snowpal! Of human height with three parts and everything!
    bpf2K2m.png
    NI2qPKn.png

Darius was actually pretty excited about the baby, even if he knew they weren't ready.
    Qz2Pdto.png

And then he revealed why he'd really asked her out there.
    NNpVoXc.png

OMG you're so much heavier than before you were pregnant! Don't say that out loud.
    7A93gbN.png

Now I don't remember if this was before or after the date, but while Candy's early young adulthood was off to a rocky start, Yuki was still a teen and still super moody.
    eJNvq7x.png

Derrick and Evie took the family out to the spice festival, where Darius and Candy at least enjoyed some of the food, and the general festival vibe.
    WAur30O.png
    1bj1R1n.png
    s0uYrPI.png
    BTW, I gave him a haircut when he aged, and some wardrobe changes, but I didn't change Candy. I hadn't played her very long with her current look and she's in no hurry to grow up anyway, baby or not.

Anyway, Derrick's sister Amelia is married to Evie's brother Pierce, so they invited the two of them to join. They both highly approved of the way Darius was treating the mother of his child.
    vK4CeB2.png

But Yuki was still moody, so she went down to the arcade in the karaoke bar basement to work out her frustrations on a video game.
    udDAM7E.png

That didn't even help much, so she went upstairs and starting journaling autonomously.
    GvApXYn.png

Evie had a talk with her to try and cheer her up. She even sat and listened to all the geeky info about whatever the latest video game or scifi movie was about. Evie is not anything resembling a geek, but she cares enough to listen anyway.
    DCIrvYy.png
    In the end the mood swing timer ran out before they went home, so Evie counted that as a success.

Now here's the part where I torture my sims. Ok, so I wanted Candy to not be happy about this pregnancy, being unexpected and all, and her being a party girl, so I gave her the hates children trait. It definitely worked to make her unhappy while pregnant!
    LqzsoXh.png

While everyone else was kind of excited.
    z57V70n.png
    OqG5BBa.png

She did manage to enjoy Talk Like a Pirate Day though. You'll just have to take my word that they're talking like pirates here.
    sgQ0G9c.png

And those holiday moodlets helped her through the next day... when Darius's Uncle Erick got to deliver the baby!
    uX6PQqd.png

But he's not wearing his glasses! Shouldn't he wear his glasses!
    yalu0yz.png

Despite the temporary removal of her mother's heart (don't underestimate the power of glasses, folks), baby Desiree was born just fine.
    2N5dNws.png
    Neither she or Candy looks very excited about it.

But in actuality, the trait doesn't kick in with infants, so Candy didn't mind the nooboo so much.
    qhudJ09.png

Daddy fawned over her.
    v6nqzfB.png

And Grandma basically took control of her care because you can't just wait for kids to do these things.
    bJfQVWy.png
    77H3dZ6.png

Though to be honest Derrick and Darius have been known to get all up in each other's space trying to care for the little one's needs.
    9J2zRMY.png

And then, despite it being the middle of winter, Darius and Candy decided to have a very quick outdoor wedding at the chalet.
    lrLm1CO.png

It's really quite a pretty venue in the snow.
    y9LKNrd.png
    3ptRiJn.png

But they just said their vows in front of the household and got out of there before freezing to death.
    svvnuV9.png

Then, as it was Big Game Day, they invited several relatives over for a party. They set out pretty much every dessert Mila had ever made that was still in the fridge and encouraged their guests to eat them multiple times.
    NZSrmJb.png
    The expiration date on food in the fridge gets messed up when you rotate so those dishes are going to be around forever.
    On the plus side, it means Derrick and Evie may never need to learn how to cook.

During the party Darius played Don't Wake the Llama with cousins Farrah (brunette) and Isabella (redhead).
    Darius can play without looking, but Isabella doesn't have his skill, or luck.
    Re1GdDN.png
    pg1sK2W.png

And then we have a toddler!
    9b6ZjAs.png
    aOgNEY0.png
    Khaled's red hair was passed on to both of his sons and two of his four grandchildren, and now his first great grandchild.

Pictures of toddler life in her super colorful room.
    9CWyMQY.png
    cqfU0cs.png
    AD8aqcP.png

She's still not irritating her mother, so everything is going smoothly.

Bonus pics... I forgot that I had Max and Millie try for a baby right before I left their household until she showed up at the gym.
    jRRSeqp.png

I'm not sure pregnant sims should be allowed to do that.
    vDx0X3o.png

And I checked manage households and those two now have a baby boy! So Kendall has a little brother, who I shall name Keith.

Happy simming everyone!
    @Daephene The good news is that what I'm dealing with is much easier to treat than COVID, but the bad news is that my immunity is weakened. I'm staying at home until I feel better. It's the secondary stuff I'm most worried about. You know, the indirect stuff. Aside from sinus congestion, and a persistent headache. I'm feeling much better than I did a couple days ago. I expect to be recovered soon. It just took sleeping most of the time.

Congrats on the new addition for the new years.

Seeing Rohan got me thinking about how far Dylan and Zeph have come along. The next update will feature their first week away from home at University. I forgot to edit the dorm before enrolling, so I used cheats to make a few adjustments.

Sorry for Rohan's loss.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @Daephene so nice to see someone using Rohan. He is such a lovely sim and because he came with DU I don't think he gets the love he deserves that some of the premades from the earlier expansions get. I love having him as a main sim with Quin. I am not an Ekram fan though - he causes so much trouble in my games and is so rude to every one.

I haven't played with Cameron yet. I am on 6th gen in a game and the fletcher genes are very strong - most good looking sims trace back to him. He married Diego Lobo apparently, so doubly good genetics there. I like the sims 4 version of the Pleasants - they always seem to be nice in my game but being DU sims I havent really done much with them yet (or my Island Living ones).

@AlwaysAsking loved your sims family photos. Its was nice to see you all together (even if as sims) and real life shots of my family aren't much better! Someone always closes their eyes or looks away at the wrong time or just have a case of the "what is that face you did?".

Nothing much happening in my game as I am concentrating on building.
    both rooms:
    YeqVdiNl.png
    and lots:
    w7LZ2u3l.png
    HY9NuLSl.png

pdVnVeul.png
    O41KCVRl.png

Finally MCC did something right - it paired my simself up with the sim I made as a partner for her - I cant believe MCC pulled them both in as townies in the same generation and paired them up.
    Here they are from one of my saves (my hair was fading out because I was unable to dye it this year and so now my simself and I are back to being brunettes not blondes)
    NbVO4cEl.png?1

and here is MCC matching them up (and giving my simself a haircut I would never wear!) They ended up having 6 children including a set of triplets so I think they were happy.
    aL6mcKD.png
  • MomobreadMomobread Posts: 43 Member
    One of my sims, Stella Salisbury, who lived alone in Old Penelope, Strangerville (which was vacated after Mr. George Cahill died), was finally in her third sim generation (equivalent to nine sim years) of drinking the Potion of Youth and staying as a Young Adult for the entire duration as all her acquaintances and friends died of old age.

Today, I tried equipping the cheat trait Grim Reaper, and made her into a (pseudo) Grim Reaper. She trailed black smoke everywhere she went and floated (a tad too slow for my patience), her voice was deep and echoey, her Needs bars were extremely laggy and only fixed when I had her go to another lot, she couldn't touch any bodies of water, she won't die no matter the disasters the Cursed trait brought on her home lot and she didn't age a single day (her birthday keeps rescheduling).

I went to Manage Worlds and tried to observe her from a distance-- through another sim I just created for the sole purpose of watching over her. Her name was Alicia and it was produced by the randomized sim name generator; her last name was too complicated I forgot about it. She lived in Sulani and she seduced Stella, only to find out that Stella could not Woohoo, nor try for baby, and only had limited romantic interaction. Dejected, she went back to her home and when Winterfest came, she seduced Father Winter instead and had his twin baby girls who had "Father Winter's Baby" in their trait list. By the time I finally shut off the game, the twin girls had already become teens and I had become too invested with their family, I completely forgot about Stella.

I have no pictures because I'm currently typing this off a phone (and actually only found this forum; in fact I only created an account today), but I'll try to include some tomorrow.
    29f133cf659275dfe489edf6400a35dae18fd460_hq.gif
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Long time no see! Hope you´re all happy and healthy. As I have few more days left before I have to return to school, I thought why not use them productively?
    As I have no clue what was the last thing I posted about, lets start with a quick recap of what has happened since then, as several years have passed in my game.
    Part 1:
    • Luna Villareal married Joaquin Le Chien, adopted a daughter with him, graduated from university and became a famous actress.
    • Sergio Romeo got married for the third time. His new bride: Darling Walsh. He still has no relationship with any of his children.
    • Mila divorced Hugo based on false claims of infidelity, he moved back home to Lilith and his step-siblings.
    • Lilith started an affair with her son´s childhood friend Orange Bailey-Moon. They are currently dating, much to her daughter Mariana´s horror, who grew up to be unflirty and could do without the PDA.
    • Caleb and Evita broke up for good. His current whereabouts are unknown, as I haven´t seen him around for ages now. Probably moping somewhere.
    • Eva Capricciosa is still single, none of her love interests ever chooses her. Last one ditched her to marry Lorelai Ember (Morgyn´s and Evita´s eldest daughter).
    • Paolo Rocca´s wife still hasn´t divorced him, despite him having affairs left and right. Their quintuplets are teenagers now and really good-looking.
    • Judith Ward remains happily married to her vampire toyboy, she will soon age up to be an elder.
    • Salim Benali is single and still searching for his one true love. On the plus side, his career finally took off and he is now a minor celebrity after writing several bestselling fantasy novels.
    • Gunther and Esme remain happily married with 4 kids.
    • Her twin Hermione is still missing, her family speculates that she might be dead. Again.
    • Esme´s stepsister Christine dated Morgyn for a while, before they came to a mutual conclusion that they like each other´s clothes more than each other. Christine is currently single, on top of the medical career, has several friends with benefits and is considering adopting a cat or two.
    • Christine´s little sister Jolene has 4 toddlers (including identical triplets) with her boyfriend Emmanuel (he has appeared in story as one of Laenor´s friends, though he knew both Jolene and Hermione long before Laenor was even born. As he is not human, he stopped aging as a young adult.)
  • Charla97Charla97 Posts: 66 Member
    Well in my game I've created my family from when I was about 11 so that's been quite fun for me, it's a way of being close with my mum again as well. In my game today it rained a lot and my dad had a bad day at work, probably caught sleeping :blush: at work hehe. I'll try and upload some pics when I work out how to do that. Happy gaming.
    edited December 2020
    Josephine wanted to have a Gen 3 party(all gens are in their own groups) at a club.
    dJBIsv7.png
    1 - Far left wearing pink: Sandy
    2 - To her right(would be her left): Sodina
    3 - Speaking to Sodina: Josephine
    4 - Behind her: Candy Behr(her mother)
    5 - Wearing green jacket: Sam
    6 - Hugging: Monica and Brandi III(they are sisters)

A Denny is easy to spot for they all have iconic blonde hair.

Not pictured: Samson a "Lassie" type dog(I don't know the name of the bred) had 2 puppies. Brandi IV has that Cat and Dog hangout lot trait as well as Cat and Dog lover traits, so yeah, she runs a dog and cat shelter/kennel/home lol. Brandi V and her brother Jared had to move out because it was getting a little crowded in there.
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    @Metior_Ice - it’s great if you can create stable alien-mermaid hybrids in your game. I had that going with my current generation because Jade, who is a mermaid, married Xenophon, who is an alien. However, all their kids had issues with missing body parts due to their hybrid-ness. I tried using the all-in-one hybrid mod stabiliser and it worked for a while but eventually I had to get rid of the mermaid traits and just have them be aliens. I’m not sure whether being hybrids caused my game to have a consistent Last Exception error but after saving the family to the Library and putting them in a new save, and removing the mermaid trait, the game is going really well. Unfortunately, the family lost their relationship to each other though so I had to redo the relationships with Jade and her parents and siblings. Her father still isn’t recognised as her father though, which is a nuisance.

The choice to make Jade’s children aliens came back to bite me yesterday. It was Winterfest and I was letting the family have some free will time. Padme was talking to her mother and all of a sudden there was a flash. Padme has deleted her mother’s memory of her!!! Jade had an excellent relationship with all her six children but suddenly hers and Padme’s was non-existent! I have never felt more like killing off a sim than I did in that moment 😂. Padme has driven me nuts since the time she was born and I’m glad that I’m going to age her and her twin Ahsoka up a day early because I really don’t want to have her in the house any more!

In extended family news, Obi-Wan, Poe and Luke each got a member of the same household pregnant on the same day 🤣. Poe’s offspring was deleted by the game because there would be too many sims in the household. But I moved Liberty Lee and her two toddlers in with Obi-Wan, who was already living with Nawai Ngata, who was having his baby as well (that household would be fun!). Then I moved Travis Scott in with Luke and marked them for marriage, hopefully to each other! And then Poe moved in with Summer Holiday and her toddler daughter in the hopes that they might get together in the next round of pregnancies/marriages. I’ve got to fix my settings because an awfully high number of people are getting pregnant but there’s not a lot of marriages happening!

Nawai gave birth to a boy the game called Benny (which is highly appropriate for Obi-Wan, given that was his alias in the movies) but I can’t let him keep the name because Leia had her baby Ben on the same day. So Benny will get renamed Kenobi, and will get a little sister who I’m going to rename Siri, after Obi-Wan’s love interest from the books.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top