Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They/Them Pronouns Mod?

Looking for some advice on how to tackle making an American English they/them pronouns mod. EA has taken steps in using they/them for some notifications already- I'm just looking to possibly do so for the whole game!
one of the main arguments against a they/them option/conversion is that it's hard to translate into other languages, which EA has to support. but, if it's made by the community, then that argument falls flat, right?
so, essentially, I have two courses of action, I think. I have to choose one or the other, or maybe just do both and offer them separately, but currently I think my options are:
1. find and replace all statements using he/him and she/her with they/them appropriate statements, overriding all pronouns
2. add a third pronoun option which can either be selected in CAS or toggled in-game; essentially using option 1. but with some more advanced coding, probably adding onto the UI or a new menu and attempting to replace all statements just for one sim.
a note for all of you: I've never once peeked into TS4's code, although I know it runs on Python, I think. if this is more complex than what it seems on the outside, do tell.
(oh, and if this in the wrong section, do please move it or direct me to the correct one.)
suspected osdd-1b system|he/him|heavily modded game, see something you like, just ask:>|novice programmer and experienced artist|
"it's like one of my Japanese animes!"

Comments