March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Much CC Do You Have in Your Sims 4 Mods Folder?

Comments

• GrandmaCGrandmaC Posts: 1 New Member
    4000+
    I had played with 0 for a long time, then discovered a site where I wanted ALL the cc they had. I searched for more and got download happy! I do go in occasionally and delete those I rarely use, so I have anywhere from 3500 to 5000 and have no problems with the game running.
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022
    4000+

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • CatSaarCatSaar Posts: 45 Member
    Don’t use cc/my game is completely vanilla
    Pretty much vanilla besides the OMSP shelf as I am mostly a builder and I share everything I make. Altho I do often miss using cc.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2020
    4000+
    I just merged a bunch of folders to take up less room, and deleted a few items. I now have "only" 41.74 GB of mods/cc. My CAS folder is 35.7 GB. My (unmerged still) hair folder alone is 17.9 GB. I have 1,765 hairs and 3,242 clothing items (not including shoes or accessory clothing items). Yikes!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • VeteranSimmerVeteranSimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    4000+
    My mods currently occupy 21.6 GB without HQ mod. I delete packages from time to time but it's hard to catch up. If I'll be able to clean, will probably save 3-4 GBs. Bad part is the mods I want to delete have small size so it's almost like deleting doesn't worth it. But otherwise I can't find what I want. I open build mode decorations section in fear. Wish there were more ways to narrow down our search. Filter button is not that useful for ccs.
  • discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    2300-3000 pieces
    I'm not sure, I took a wild guess but it comes out to 11 GB.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    300-800 pieces
    I'm trying really hard to not download every other day. :D
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    3300-4000 pieces
    I try to keep the mods folder capped at 3500 which also includes my gameplay and bug fixing mods. I do go through everything once month using S4S and delete items I seldom use but it looked so good in the previews, I couldn't resist. If a hair or piece of clothing has visual flaws, those are deleted almost immediately. Outdated CC and B/B items are tossed, and I have lost some of my favorite ones since EL was released because of the eco footprint that was added in that pack, and the visual effects that come with being in a totally green neighborhood. But I do check my favorite sites for new releases almost every day. And try to stick with the 'add one item delete one item' standard so my folder doesn't implode. I never have a long loading time and everything I am using right now, works as advertised and doesn't conflict with anything else. But because this latest patch on the 3rd borked some of my favorite gameplay mods, I am freezing my game where it is now for a bit. A few of my must-have mods were just recently updated and I don't want to play without those again. CC has always been an important part of my playing style since Sims2 days, and that probably won't ever change. But the longer Sims4 goes on, the more work there is to keep everything running smoothly. And I would rather play than search for updates every three months. That part of using CC has become a real pain.
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    edited September 2020
    4000+
    I have exactly 10,573 pieces of cc in my game. And this doesn't include gameplay mods (ww, mccc, ui cheats, slice of life, etc). I have a problem lol :D
  • its_tara22its_tara22 Posts: 2 New Member
    :* i had 8,000-9000 a few hours ago but my game was having trouble so i deleted some and now im down to 6,452.
  • its_tara22its_tara22 Posts: 2 New Member
    :* i had 8,000-9000 a few hours ago but my game was having trouble so i deleted some and now im down to 6,452. It takes up 34.6GB.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    300-800 pieces
    Not even 100, but more than I thought I had
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    300-800 pieces
    Less than 300 bits of CC, fair few mods.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2020
    4000+
    Brexoxo wrote: »
    I have exactly 10,573 pieces of cc in my game. And this doesn't include gameplay mods (ww, mccc, ui cheats, slice of life, etc). I have a problem lol :D

This is me 😆😆😆
    And my game runs smooth. Only recently I'm starting to get a bit of lag in build mode so im looking to eleminate a bit.
    Also wish it was an easier way to get rid of stuff

For every one thing I delete I replace it with 10 things 😵😵😵
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ObiwanxKannoliObiwanxKannoli Posts: 19 Member
    I play on console (xbox) so sadly no mods or cc, I'm hoping they make a way for you to do it with Sims 5 and next gen consoles. I just admire all the beautiful mods and cc from afar.
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited October 2020
    1600-2000 pieces
    4,630 pieces. I really need to clean and organize my mods folder one day.

EDIT: Apparently, I voted in this poll already. Must have been a while ago. :#
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    2300-3000 pieces
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I just merged a bunch of folders to take up less room, and deleted a few items. I now have "only" 41.74 GB of mods/cc. My CAS folder is 35.7 GB. My (unmerged still) hair folder alone is 17.9 GB. I have 1,765 hairs and 3,242 clothing items (not including shoes or accessory clothing items). Yikes!

I would looovvvveee to have your mod folder! :)

• szanne7777szanne7777 Posts: 43 Member
    4000+
    I have 126 GB consisting of 76,063 files in 789 folders, lol.

Yeah, I'm a certified & licensed download junkie. 🤣
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    300-800 pieces
    I have 506 items (1.61GB) in my mods folder right now. It's mainly maxis match hair, makeup, and clothes. But I also have some mods. I used to go back and forth between vanilla and having mods. I'd have to say two mods I cannot live without are Wonderful whims and MC Command Center. But I could see myself going back to complete vanilla again. Sometimes it's easier that way because I'm lazy and don't like having to keep updating mods, and the game has gotten a lot better with CAS items.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • ag19ag19 Posts: 2 New Member
    i have around 2400 items in my mods folder, which makes my computer heat up and lag. i want to delete the stiff i don't use but can rarely find the things in my folder. any suggestions? help!!
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    29 items. Most of them are sorted into a subfolder. I have a folder for custom content made by @CameronLineage which I love <3 and other folders for mods, like mcc and KawaiiStacie's Better Schools mod.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited December 2020
    4000+
    Rouensims wrote: »

It's now 44.39 GB. I need an intervention! :scream:
    ag19 wrote: »
    i have around 2400 items in my mods folder, which makes my computer heat up and lag. i want to delete the stiff i don't use but can rarely find the things in my folder. any suggestions? help!!

The easiest way I've found is to put an item you don't want on a Sim, upload the Sim to your library, then use Sims 4 Tray Importer to find and delete the file from your computer.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited December 2020
    1600-2000 pieces
    I don't have tons of CC when it comes to objects, mainly just things in specific style - like grungy, rusty things, etc. The most CC I have is for hair, clothing and lots of various clutter, because it just adds a lot of realism to every lot/house. Then I also use quite a lot of skin details for my vampire sims- scars, custom eyes, etc. For make-up I only have about 3-4 custom eyeshadows, blush and lipsticks. Now when we have make-up sliders, finally is the in game make-up usable.
  • bubblegum2304bubblegum2304 Posts: 3 New Member
    I don't use any CC. I hate how the artstyles from most CC and 'official' EA products differ. I think it's one of the reasons why players either have quite a lot of CC in their files or none. There doesn't seem to be any in between
  • 123Caitluck123Caitluck Posts: 5 New Member
    4000+
    > @szanne7777 said:
    > I have 126 GB consisting of 76,063 files in 789 folders, lol.
    >
    > Yeah, I'm a certified & licensed download junkie. 🤣

I have more... I'm now trying to throw away some folders lol. I want to start over because I have a problem XD