Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If the sims 5 is released, what new traits would you like to see?

LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 66 Member
edited March 2022 in Off Topic Chat
I would like to see traits such as, "independent minded," "sociable," "energetic," "thrill seeker," "playful," "kind-hearted," "cheerful," "patient," "impatient," "honest," "genuine," "dishonest," "liar," "strong-willed," "determined," "girly-girl," "tomboy," "nature lover," "meat lover," "gamer," "curious," "hard-working," "considerate," "caring," "inconsiderate," "selfish," "uncaring," "sensitive," "insensitive," "compliant," "submissive," "fashion lover," "likes culture," "fashion hater," "hates culture."
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I'm not sure what the difference would really be between.....

Dishonest/Liar
    Strong-Willed/Determined
    Honest/Genuine
    Compliant/Submissive

Aren't those basically the same thing? What would make them have different actions/reactions compared to the other?

I would for sure like to see these in the game if they actually determined a sims personality.
  • ehud8651ehud8651 Posts: 62 Member
    "Manipulative" "Sadistic"
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Cute - makes other sims always have the urge to pinch your cheek or stare at you.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    I would like to see traits such as, "independent minded," "sociable," "energetic," "thrill seeker," "playful," "kind-hearted," "cheerful," "patient," "impatient," "honest," "genuine," "dishonest," "liar," "strong-willed," "determined," "girly-girl," "tomboy," "nature lover," "meat lover," "gamer," "curious," "hard-working," "considerate," "caring," "inconsiderate," "selfish," "uncaring," "sensitive," "insensitive," "compliant," "submissive," "fashion lover," "likes culture," "fashion hater," "hates culture."

Great choice.
    In addition: Technophobe, Gloomy, anxious, shy, brave, goofy, smart, romantic

Please DO NOT give us evil (Unless you really grant us the possibility to commit crimes. Pranks are not evil.)
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    (Disclaimer: I've played only the Sims 4 so I don't know what is new or not...if none of these are new then just have them return in the next Sims game or whatever)

Hates pets, or hate just a specific animal such as cat, dog, etc. Gets uncomfortable or tense near them and gets angry when pets do something gross rather than uncomfortable.

Bossy. Likes telling other Sims what to do and being in charge, hates to get ordered around. They're usually confident Sims but not very sociable.

Shy. Just return that one from the Sims 3 lol. There's a lot of traits from Sims 3 that didn't return in 4 that shouldn't have been gone to begin with, I really miss the Loser trait lmao.

I'd love to have ADHD or Asperger's too, but that can be understandably difficult to pull off as they're complicated and misunderstood conditions. There is an ADHD trait mod for Sims 4 that is pretty accurate to irl ADHD though, so it's not impossible to have that.

Oh yeah, have more than 3 or 5 slots for traits too. 3 is too limiting.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2020
    Considerate
    Deceptive, not exactly a liar, evasive
    Grumpy
    Boring, Dull
    Irrational, overwrought (that might be an emotion)
    Impatient, if they don't get a skill or friend fast enough etc. throw a fit.
    Logical, pratical, everything is thought out before doing.
    Bossy is a good one, I would like to see that. lol Lots of lectures.
    Hubris/Arrogant
    I thought Shy was in TS4, must have missed it. But yes, shy has to be better than the loner trait in TS4.
    Brave, not all Sims should be brave and whip out a fire extinquisher
    Snooty, Snoby, it was good in TS3 I would like to see it have a little more depth.
    There are several traits in The Sims Medieval that I would love to see in the regular game.
    Narcisstic, nothing matters unless it benefits the Sim, lack of empathy
    Natural born worrier, worries about outfits, hair, appearance, the world, the next day, someone else or whatever.
    Sleezy, whatever that means to you. Would sell the last bite in mother's house, or whatever else you think a sleezy Sim would do. Wouldn't bat an eye to take advantage of a feeble minded Sim.
    Naive, believes anything or anything someone says.
    Dubious, having dual personalities, sometimes in conflict with themselves.
    Uncouth, says whatever is on their mind, no filters. It's bad manners to ask how much someone makes, that's uncouth.
    Proper, always has proper manners, ask someone to sit down, invites to eat, or drink etc. Always stays away from gossip etc. Doesn't take part in idle gossip or spreading rumors, speaking badly about others. Proper manners.
    Gossiper, tells big tales about other Sims. Spreads rumors, starts trouble, has fun sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.Trouble maker.
    Loyal, would never tell another's secret, and or cheat on their partner. Would defend another's honor, and do what is necessary for the group/household because they are loyal. (whether that loyality is misplaced or not)
    Honorable, honest, returns things lost, doesn't lie, or deceive or play games with the mind, doesn't manipulate.

Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 66 Member
    How about "tattletale (also known as snitch.
    )?"
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Nihilistic - doesn't do anything overt but gets very happy when unfortunate things happen to other sims.
    Whereas Mean-Spirited will do something to other sims.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • UrbzieUrbzie Posts: 5 New Member
    I am not so concerned by what traits there are, but more of their balance. Creating a sim in Sims 4 with great traits almost feel like cheating. I would love for the different traits to have more downsides and upsides.

For example I think if you have one trait that was "neat", the sim would tidy more automatically, but also get stressed or uncomfortable faster in dirty and messy rooms.

While "sloppy" would clean less up after themselves, but also care less about messy and dirty environment.

Outgoing make friends faster and social needs decline faster, more autonomously talk to other sims aso.

Non social (don´t know the best English word), less autonomously talking to strangers, social needs decline slower aso. making and keeping friends might take more work.

When I make a sim I never choose traits like "Materialistic" or "Lazy", but if a trait like materialistic made sims happier from earning money and having money and a nice house aso. and maybe confident boosting from those things; Then I would be more inclined to use it if I wanted to create a sim that I wanted to be economically successful and that was one of my goals. It should of course also have downsides like less happy when "poor" and in low cost environments aso.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I want personality sets, not traits
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Bring back TS3's traits.
  • LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 66 Member

Personality sets are too restricting, and group people into different categories. Personality traits allow you to choose any traits you want.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

Personality sets are too restricting, and group people into different categories. Personality traits allow you to choose any traits you want.

Traits are too basic, they arent sophisticated enough. They leave too big of a gap where most sims behave the same. Some traits arent really "traits" at all. Hating sunny weather isnt a personality.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Secretive
    Xtra
    Honourable
    Stable
    Kind
    Generous
    Wicked
    Conniving
    Conperson
    Cruel
    Insensitive
    Creepy
    Lucky
    Blessed
    Unlucky
    Silly
    Gentle
    Warm
    Juice Addict
    Woohoo Addict
    Romance Addict
    Player
    Hater
    Lover
    Fun
    Funloving
    Helpful
    Compassionate
    Caring
    Hates Political Correctness
    Politically Incorrect
    Politically Correct
    Fabulous
    Hard to understand
    Lingistic
    Simple

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited November 2020
    Transgender, please! with the option to change pronouns including customize them (at least adding a they/them option to the game ought not to be too daunting) and go a little further with the customizing of gender in the game? Like, it already asks if the Sim can stand to "use the restroom with number one" or not (apparently even the technical term for it is censored), and appoints the plumbing for that if needed, but could the chest also have an option of "flat" or 'breasts" added when we customize our Sims? It troubles me greatly that my poor trans Sim has to live with breasts and a binary choice of pronouns, against their will.

#TransgenderAwareness Happy Transgender Awareness Week
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • ExperitculusExperitculus Posts: 35 Member
    @Urbzie
    I agree that a trait must give the sim some change in attribution, but I suppose aesthetic qualities can be fun.

(Eg. Trait — Attentive : attentive sims prefer continue unfinished tasks. They will not read a new book until finishing the one they’re currently reading. They’ll obsess with a partially written song.)
    “But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raises the dead.”
  • bellagoth19bellagoth19 Posts: 12 New Member
    @Nushnushganay I totally agree with you. It's hard having a trans sim get the wrong pronouns in the game; someone once suggested to me I change the male or female part at the top of the screen in CAS (for the correct pronouns) and to just change the physical frame to fit the sim, but it just doesn't feel like it's accurate or enough.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited December 2020
    @bellagoth19 I couldn't agree more. It's a little progress, but there should be no reason why other games leave the Sims in the dust on the forefront of representation for gender diversity. Cyberpunk 2077 is much-hyped for that, but as the author of an article on that entitled "It sucks that Cyberpunk 2077’s edgelord marketing worked so well" wrote, the fact that attention was paid to the junk in the trunk, but none at all to the need for an option to choose voice independently from gender, demonstrates the lack of any genuine trans perspectives in the devteam. A little something in honor of that effort:
    WECvjaSl.jpg
    :D
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • bellagoth19bellagoth19 Posts: 12 New Member
    @Nushnushganay definitley! I think the Sims 4 has so much potential to be a fairly accurate representation of trans experiences and the diversity within such; it just needs a lot of work before we get there. I really hope that in the near future you and I will be able to make sims that feel more genuine. (I especially loved your idea of a customizable chest option; also why can't we customize our sims' pronouns in the game? It seems like it would be a fairly easy addition!). Thank you for talking about it!
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    @Nushnushganay

I don't think one's own gender decision (transgender, nonbinary, etc) or gender preference (gay, lesbian, bi, etc) should be a personality trait. Do all transgender people behave the same way?

Not saying they shouldn't add that in. Just that it shouldn't be by a "personality trait" choice. And keeping gender separate from a personality trait would let them add in things like what pronouns do they use.

I want traits that actually have an affect on the game. Sims 4 fails in that regard largely. The emotion system is too strong and overpowers the traits. And I want them to be actual personality traits.

They should have a section for more of the lifestyle things they tend to put in as traits: vegetarian, technophobe, etc.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    I'd love an insomniac trait, combine the feelings of El Bandito knocking over the trash-can and waking the lot up randomly and/or making it take a little longer for your Sim to fall asleep. Perfect for my type of self-sim

That and an impulsive liar trait is up there. I'd love to see the gossip that would be spread or what they would lie about like traits/wealth just to spice up the game when Jim turns out to NOT actually be a Sim whos good at his job. Especially if discovering that someones a liar makes all their (even true) gossip get taken badly.
    Transgender, please! with the option to change pronouns including customize them (at least adding a they/them option to the game ought not to be too daunting) and go a little further with the customizing of gender in the game? Like, it already asks if the Sim can stand to "use the restroom with number one" or not (apparently even the technical term for it is censored), and appoints the plumbing for that if needed, but could the chest also have an option of "flat" or 'breasts" added when we customize our Sims? It troubles me greatly that my poor trans Sim has to live with breasts and a binary choice of pronouns, against their will.

#TransgenderAwareness Happy Transgender Awareness Week

I can easily agree on the actual idea for my Sims. It shouldn't be a trait though. Like having it be 20% (TS3)/33% (TS4) of a sims personality would limit the Sim from another slot choice. It should be a proper option you can toggle and pick.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I like this new direction taken in TS4, of letting the inherent trait system take a step back, and make sims behave more according to situational triggers instead, and making traits acquirable through their lived life. I would like them to develop that.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I like this new direction taken in TS4, of letting the inherent trait system take a step back, and make sims behave more according to situational triggers instead, and making traits acquirable through their lived life. I would like them to develop that.

Now see, I'm the total opposite, I prefer my sim to act a certain way because of the traits I chose for them. Having them react due to situations makes them all seem the same.

I want them to react to situations according to their traits. If they're a dog lover and they see a stray dog I expect them to go goo-goo over the dog. If I have a sim who loves the outdoors, I don't want them to always want to be inside on the computer, they should automously go fishing, taking a walk, tend to the garden, etc. A creative sim should naturally gravitate towards creative activities, painting, knitting, candle making, etc.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited December 2020

Traits are too basic, they arent sophisticated enough. They leave too big of a gap where most sims behave the same. Some traits arent really "traits" at all. Hating sunny weather isnt a personality.

Seems like "traits" gets bad rep because of TS4, I personally still prefer Traits (TS3 one not TS4) over personality points since human(or sims) is a very complex creature and dont have to get restricted to outgoing-shy, sloppy-neat, nice-grouchy, playful-serious, active-lazy like in TS2.

most of the complex personality i assign to my sims is being mean-spirit while also good at heart, innapropriate but good at heart, sims with evil+friendly trait combination making them have this malicious intent or ulterior motive when being nice to others and I can achieve that with TS3 version of traits. since it's not limited to either Nice-Grouchy option in TS2
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    - Cordial
    - Quick-Tempered
    - Neat
    - Sloppy
    - Outgoing
    - Shy
    - Active
    - Couch Potato
    - Playful
    - Serious