Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

Comments

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    YES
    How about this Devs? Take all of Sims 1 + Seasons...and that can be base game Sims 5. Upgraded to the latest graphics, of course. Now expand from there. And give us REAL packs...we all know why there are so many sales on Sims 4 content - they aren't truly worth full price. And I'm someone who typical will buy at full price! Do the above, and you will please a pretty large segment of your player base - and have oceans of content that have never been crossed.
  • Options
    JENI2810JENI2810 Posts: 29 Member
    edited December 2020
    NO
    I was way late to TS4 as I was still playing catch up with TS3 and then had a break. Lockdown brought me back, and still haven't explored half the packs I own or done what I want to do yet. Also if TS5 is a base/basic version then I prefer having all the gameplay/objects/worlds I have now.
  • Options
    RoboticHatRoboticHat Posts: 35 Member
    NO
    No, not yet in my opinion. TS4 has a long way to go before I would want TS5.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    NO
    Eventually, of course I do.

But if we want a game that is FINISHED and READY when it is released, please allow the studio to take all the time it likes to get there.

Reminder: We have been informed again and again that there are years of content for TS4 already in the pipeline. Don't push for the next game yet. Enjoy what we have or play something else.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited December 2020
    NO
    Sindocat wrote: »

But if we want a game that is FINISHED and READY when it is released, please allow the studio to take all the time it likes to get there.

Reminder: We have been informed again and again that there are years of content for TS4 already in the pipeline. Don't push for the next game yet. Enjoy what we have or play something else.

In my opinion, that's a weak advice for players like myself who have played older series since A LOT of features have been removed in TS4.

A 6 year old game should be better than TS2 & TS3 that has a shorter lifespan but it isn't.
  • Options
    DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    NO
    Not yet. I'm not ready to go back to a base game with most of the features I like missing and then waiting for years to get it all back again. I'd rather they keep expanding on the game we have now. For a few more years anyway.
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    YES
    As long as they learn from the sims 4 what worked and what didn’t.

I want another strong foundation like the sims 2 so that future content builds upon a strong base where sims are already unique and interesting, and there is decent gameplay for every age.

After that, packs can add more content to further flesh out gameplay, add new worlds, etc.

Also, I want eps to be made like the sims 2 and 3 days where they add lots of meaningful content and not just recycled animations. Currently I feel like game packs add the most meaningful content for the sims 4
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    NO
    I voted no, because it feels like they want to do more things with the Sims 4, and Sims 4 doesn't feel complete yet.
    I also started the game about a year or so ago, when a bunch of the packs went on sale and I bought them. So, I am probably a bit biased, because I don't yet have the Sims 4 fatigue.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    NO
    I thought I did, and probably still do deep down inside, but I don't know if I can handle another 6-7 years of waiting for new content & bugs to be worked out.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    NO
    Nope, because what I've observed that some people are expecting the Sims 5 to be a combination of the past iteration. If there's TS5, it has to give out something new, fresh, unique, & nothing like one before. So, it's a no from me. If it's something new & different, some people are still dissatisfied. Let them continue with the current TS4 because there's so much that they can still do to improve the players experience.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    YES

More years of broken and buggy content? I wonder how unplayable Sims 4 will be in more years...and more and more people will be leaving the Sims fandom to play games like "Paralives".
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    YES
    I wanna say yes and no.

Yes because I new iteration is always nice because you get a different experience, different graphics/style, new tools or improved tools, updated cultural references/perspective.

No because you have to start all over. Base games are usually pretty bare. You usually end up playing an older iteration more be sure this new one doesn't have enough or have what you really need to play.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    YES
    I’m actually on the fence...I’ve invested so much in the game but am not satisfied with it by a long shot so...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    NO
    Enjoy what we have or play something else.

Sometimes its really hard to enjoy anything with so many bugs. Yesterday i rage-quit the game because im compltely tired of the autonomous behaviours doing all weird kind of things for no reason. And the mccc apparently doesnt work anymore. But yea of course, we have to "enjoy" what we have....
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2020

More years of broken and buggy content? I wonder how unplayable Sims 4 will be in more years...and more and more people will be leaving the Sims fandom to play games like "Paralives".
    Stardew Valley just got a new free update too. I am excited about Paralives. Bugsnax has been a great game I have been playing with that dark humor I love that the first Sims game had. Actually seeing a lot of the game changers playing and enjoying other games too. Nice to give other non AAA companies support especially while smaller companies are struggling more financially than all these big companies are. Nice to support the underdogs for a change.

I never understood brand loyalty towards any company. Gaming is full of more options than it was 6 years ago and it is wonderful and much cheaper than $780 for a more entertaining experience.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    The only way I would want a Sims 5. Is if they brought back the open world of Sims 3, and cars for sims to own and drive
    like Sims 3. It would be worth it to me to have open worlds again with the good things from sims 4. Cars to drive would be great
    as well. But I would only want Sims 5 if it had our open worlds back.
  • Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    No opinion.

I know I won't buy Sims 5 after spending so much money on Sims 4.

BUT, my brother says he wants it, and will buy it for sure (but only if it has online playability, so he can play multiplayer. He won't buy it without the multiplayer option.)

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2020
    YES
    I’m fairly sure that eventually this franchise will get boring if they don’t keep refreshing it and with Paralives being in development and looking very promising it seems to me to be a rather bad decision not make a Sims 5 at this point. I think EA will need to step up their game once there is some competition on the scene.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    RoboticHatRoboticHat Posts: 35 Member
    NO
    Kasanth wrote: »
    The only way I would want a Sims 5. Is if they brought back the open world of Sims 3, and cars for sims to own and drive
    like Sims 3. It would be worth it to me to have open worlds again with the good things from sims 4. Cars to drive would be great
    as well. But I would only want Sims 5 if it had our open worlds back.

wait, sims had cars to drive in TS3?!? I haven't played since the original sims so I missed out on TS2-3, I just got TS4 this year. CARS?!
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    NO
    Nope, I think TS4 still has so much potential to explore. I would hate to start all over again with a very basic base game and have to wait 5+ years to get to where we are today.
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    edited December 2020
    NO
    Scobre wrote: »
    [ Gaming is full of more options than it was 6 years ago and it is wonderful and much cheaper than $780 for a more entertaining experience.

Gaming is full, but the quality of videogames these days is completely horrible. I mean, really. Steam is filled with indie games that are most of them trash, plagued with bugs, terrible playability, awful graphics and i mean, MOST of them (i would say 90%) but they publilsh everything because, well, money of course. Then you have the supossed "AAA" games that are not AAA anymore because of bugs, lack of proper antialiasing, bad shadow casting, problems with lod generation, and etc, etc. Sure, videogaming industry these days is full, full of xxxxx. LOL. I miss so much the years 2000-2010. When the broken DX11 generation didnt exist. So, no, i dont want a new sims, because its not going to be "better" than what we have. THAT, i can asure you. Companies these days dont worry anymore about making quality products.

More options? of course. Cheaper? hahaha dont make me laugh. Unless you buy an indie game, games are not cheaper, pretty the opposite. Plus all the DLCS, expansions, and whatnot.

And the problem is, 95% of those options are not really options. Because they are garbaje games. And games that are supossed to be "AAA" end up being just another trash to pile. Unfortunately. But people who was born in these past 20 years well, they are completely clueless about the videogaming industry, sadly. NOTE that im not talking about you (i dont have a clue how old are you), but generally speaking.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    YES
    Tantalus wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    [ Gaming is full of more options than it was 6 years ago and it is wonderful and much cheaper than $780 for a more entertaining experience.

Gaming is full, but the quality of videogames these days is completely horrible. I mean, really. Steam is filled with indie games that are most of them trash, plagued with bugs, terrible playability, awful graphics and i mean, MOST of them (i would say 90%) but they publilsh everything because, well, money of course. Then you have the supossed "AAA" games that are not AAA anymore because of bugs, lack of proper antialiasing, bad shadow casting, problems with lod generation, and etc, etc. Sure, videogaming industry these days is full, full of xxxxx. LOL. I miss so much the years 2000-2010. When the broken DX11 generation didnt exist. So, no, i dont want a new sims, because its not going to be "better" than what we have. THAT, i can asure you. Companies these days dont worry anymore about making quality products.

More options? of course. Cheaper? hahaha dont make me laugh. Unless you buy an indie game, games are not cheaper, pretty the opposite. Plus all the DLCS, expansions, and whatnot.

And the problem is, 95% of those options are not really options. Because they are garbaje games. And games that are supossed to be "AAA" end up being just another trash to pile. Unfortunately. But people who was born in these past 20 years well, they are completely clueless about the videogaming industry, sadly. NOTE that im not talking about you (i dont have a clue how old are you), but generally speaking.

There are some very good points in your post. One that I want to point out is that most gaming companies seem to be of the mind to get the game out as soon as possible to get that revenue coming in. Then, as gamers play and report bugs, they'll simply fix them. However, without proper Quality Control before release date, the bugs pile up and the devs simply can not keep up with them.

I want a Sims 5, however I would rather have one released many years from now that has most bugs already fixed before release instead of buying one tomorrow that has bugs that the devs have yet had the time to actually detect and correct.

This is not a Sims issue. This seems to be an industry wide issue.

On the other hand though, it's also partially the gamers' fault as well. We live in a society where we want it and we want it now! That's the general demand of most people. So as gamers, we tend to feel the same way which puts the pressure on the gaming industry to get the next okay game out quickly instead of the next best game. So again, yeah, I want a Sims 5 but I'm in no hurry. Make the game 95% bug free before release and you'll get the praise that you deserve!
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I wont get it at all.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    NO
    Two reasons. I doubt the current team can do the job properly in view of the many years of a shallow/lackluster TS4. I see the main factors being management, lack of vision for how a Sims game should be, EA's attitude of most profit for least resources committed. A 'why build a first class game when a third rate one will rake in the profits from the millions of pigeons out there?' The P.T. Barnum model.

The consistent reports of it being online. That will kill the game, for reasons amply given elsewhere in the forums. EA has apparently not learned its lesson from the prior failures.
  • Options
    VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    ONLY if it includes BUNK BEDS in the basegame!
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell