Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you feel like TS4 is missing?

Comments

• SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    Has anyone mentioned vehicles and parking lots? :lol:
  • SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    The ability to make sims have crushes. So sims will flirt with who I want even when I'm not playing them.

I agree with this. The romance bar between two Sims should not be the same if the attraction is not mutual. There should be a concept of unrequited love in the game.
  • spivoskispivoski Posts: 299 Member

I feel the game is missing subtle animations and interactions, such as things like slow dancing, or sims actually dancing together in rhythm. I would also like to see more occult. I was spoiled by TS2 and TS3 with having a new occult themed with each new expansion pack.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    spivoski wrote: »
    I feel the game is missing subtle animations and interactions, such as things like slow dancing, or sims actually dancing together in rhythm. I would also like to see more occult. I was spoiled by TS2 and TS3 with having a new occult themed with each new expansion pack.

Yep! The little things are actually what keep my interest and there is so much they could be doing from pack to pack that would make me even more of a champion for the game. I'm still nerding out about the proper trait animations.
  • ValmontValmont Posts: 105 Member
    edited December 2020
    This game is missing some proper and decent code.

It sure has beautiful art, the best assets in the franchise. Animations are top too, clothes and furniture also great. the performance is amazing, one of the best Ive ever seen What sucks is the code... It shouldnt be hard to implement some invisible values to traits adding compatibility/incompatibility odds in interactions. Making a sim more or less prone to be mean to you based on such things...

Also progression shouldnt be hard to implement. Im aware some well known mods do fix that "issue" but Im not a fan of having mods, and specially of having someone tell me to "get rid of all your mods and repair the game" lol... they always blame the mods first, drivers second, their product? No, just download the game again :disappointed:

Every time I play this game old bugs are gone but new bugs appear. Now the game has crazy freezes. Origin still eating TONS of cpu for god knows what. I tried a witch and had bugs with cauldrons, animation glitches with flying brooms. The old "compell do drink" is still stuck in the action queues after soooo many years. I cant queue a sim to eat and watch tv now... they will stop preparing meals to do random things. My vampires still get relationship penalties if they drink plasma near asleep/mesmerized sims, they dont change their skin color to green in dark form. I had that mirror quirk from getting famous stop working, drinking the potion that reset quirks didnt help me. Sometimes I order a sim to perform an action 3 or 4 times and they keep canceling. Have you guys tried to use the ladies bathroom in narwhal arms night club? Its impossible now because the stairs dont work no matter what.

I do get patching bugs aint as profitable as selling new chairs but to me what this game is missing most is some proper and decent coding. It was supposed to be less buggy after they sacrificed open worlds and gave us these tiny little neighborhoods but... these bugs are just appalling!
    Post edited by Valmont on
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    spivoski wrote: »
    . I was spoiled by TS2 and TS3 with having a new occult themed with each new expansion pack.

Id rather they put all the supernaturals into their own packs. Thats where I thought they were going with TS3:Supernatural but they have vampires in Nightlife :/// not everyone wants supernaturals in their game
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    I think family game play is missing for sure. My sims seem to have no connection to the other even with recent updates, other than the random moodlet families don't really acknowledge that they are family. It's like a kid is just another sim. The game just feels hollow for lack of a better word and while the outside (CAS/build mode) is pretty if you look beyond that something (meaningful gameplay) is clearly missing.
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    I feel what is missing is the Heart that The Sims 3 I felt captured but The Sims 4 is great for building. What is missing is Slumber Parties and big consequences for behaviors also my sims feeling like a individual like in The Sims 3.

I completely forgot about slumber parties! It goes to show the lack of family game play available. There has been such a heavy focus on young adult and adult by extension that the other life stages take a back seat outside of the toddlers addition, which becomes more of a headache than anything else over time.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Zinoman wrote: »
    -Story progression and bigger worlds. I don't really like it when my sims meets other sims at work or at school and those sims live nowhere. And those who do live in the world... Well, once two generations have passed none of those families are alive. Then I'm left with random sims with no backstory.

-better personalities. I've stopped caring about the personality of my sims bc they are all the same anyway. Plus what we got so far are pretty boring. Give me some unique ones, so I can make variety of sims! Something that is not only tied to some new gimmick of an expansion pack.

-one sided love !! It would maybe work like an attraction system of sort. Your sims would get a crush even without flirting with the other sim, and then get jealous and/or sad when their crush makes moves on other sims or really happy if their crush interacts with them. Then there should be an option to reveal the crush and either get rejected or accepted. Also if you tell abt your crush to someone else, they could also gossip about it, so your crush might learn about it without you directly telling. I've been wanting something like this for ages so I could make a love sick fool sim who pines for some other sim all their life but never reveal their feelings lol. Also it would be fun gameplay for teens as well, adding some drama.

-more hair colors and clothes swatches.

Add those and I'd start playing sims4 in a heartbeat again.

I love your idea about one sided love! It would be so fun and add alot to the game! I want this.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2020
    I started playing the sims 3 again recently and here are few fun nostalgic features that I find that I actually miss quite a bit!

I'll start with the obvious one we all gripe about - real sim babies that are not objects and can be placed in various locations (albeit, those locations usually include the floor and the ground, but still, nice to bring your baby out in public with you!)
    KptAka6.png

Trampolines!
    wzb8D43.png

Functional laundromats!
    Z42vEvc.png

Fishing in random puddles
    NcdOzBo.png

Tattoo parlors. Also the fact that you can choose where on the body you want a tattoo, resize it, play around with the opacity, and also overlap tattoos.
    beJyI96.png

Swimming at the beach. Though from what I understand, you can do this in Sulani with Island Living. But this was just a basic thing sims could do at any beach in TS3
    BAXKyM0.png

Also junkyards were pretty cool, being able to dig for scrap to use for projects, and also being able to salvage old furniture.
    3HvbFIA.png
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    - more family/generations gameplay
    - more romance interactions
    - sims with real personalities
    - wants/fears
    - lifetime wishes/goals (like TS3 style)
    - functional memories
    - car pools & school buses
  • RoboticHatRoboticHat Posts: 35 Member
    I miss the burglars in the original sims! I don't know why lol That sound the game made when they would show up.... almost 2 decades later I still remember how creeped out it made me feel
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Probably good research. Customers are teens and young adults in majority. We should have more „hot” interactions and romances with more depth
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    The only thing I really miss are the Pet shop with all the other pets to buy, owning and playing your own shop manager like in Open for business and the burglars. The rest I don't miss at all.

These threads are getting a bit monotonous these days so I'm signing off until after Christmas. (unless Maxis gives us a big surprise in the next few days that is)!

Happy Holidays or Christmas (if you celebrate it), everyone. 🎄🎄🎄 <3
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    edited December 2020
    ''What do you feel like TS4 is missing?'' How about, EVERYTHING.
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Being able to assign seats, more poses, after school activities/clubs for kids and teens and more couple interactions.
  • Lee12321Lee12321 Posts: 318 Member
    I would honestly just be happy with more swatches for furniture a colour wheel would be perfect but I think it's too late in the game now, and I do miss the zombies from TS3 - I would love to see them make it to TS4
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Two words...SLOW DANCING, period.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    FIXES.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    The storylines. The Goths don't even have a graveyard. They completely ignored the Bella disappearance story from TS2. Replaced the newbie family with bob and Eliza like who are they?

These are blank premades. They're boring. There's no drama.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    edited December 2020
    Hi there! A quick heads-up: I moved this thread to the Game Feedback section.

I also had to remove multiple posts in this thread for baiting/trolling/flaming - which is against the forum rules. Please remember the forum rules and keep things civil.

- Leeloo
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    A vision. I feel like The Sims 4 lost the "soul" of the past games. I want to be proven wrong but I might say The Sims 3 was the peak of this franchise and from now on it became a product that will remain like that until it is not profit anymore.
    I don't care how many positive points we try to find to say good things about The Sims 4 but the truth is that this game is a downgrade that nobody wished. We are just dealing with it until there's no competitors ready to play.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited December 2020
    I spent this week adding mods in my game.
    I wanted to hold off until the game was done and I can mod it in peace, but I can't stand it anymore.

I added mods to:

-Improve Whims
    -Add Social Chemistry based on Traits and Skills
    -Add Romantic Attraction (Wonderful Whims)
    -Improve Sim and NPC Socials (Have some Personality Please)
    -Remove the Environmental Moodlet

My game feels alive just from these mods.
    I am playing University and just interacting with the dormies is so enjoyable now.
    It makes me want to have my sims stay in contact with them after Uni and there will certainly be some pairings.

Sentiments are a nice add, but we need more.
    I am enjoying the game so much now.

But in addition to that, I was thinking we could use a Fear emotion and an Envious trait
    There should be times that sims and tense and times they are truly afraid, or maybe just make Tense the early stage of a Fear emotion and add more depth to it.

Envious sims get jealous of sims who have maxed skills and career levels that they themselves are struggling with. They get less Jealous the higher they are in the levels. They get triggered by socials related to careers or skills, or witnessing really skilled sims or sims wearing top level career outfits. There should also be an opposing trait for sims who are happy for sims who are striving.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • MillyMilly Posts: 17 Member
    Burglars like the previous games.