Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS broken?

This has started after the skin update. I'm not sure if it's just how it is now or not and I don't really know how to word this issue.
But when you click on an item in CAS on your sim, it doesn't automatically go to that item in the CAS catalog anymore. You have to scroll to find the item and the same with skin tones (well the skin tones you create with the slider, you have to save it in order to come back to it).

I'm sorry if I wasn't able to explain it well, but if you do understand: Are you having this issue?

Comments

• TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hm.... i always thought that was the usual behaviour. In any case, this has been an "issue" since the november update...
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I'm having this issue and it is really annoying.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yup, same here unfortunately.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Yes I've been experiencing that too, but I find that the item is usually a few rows above when I click something, so I think it is trying lol
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I only tend to have this issue with CC. As long as I am only showing the normal game stuff, I seem to be able to click any have it go to the item.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Same issue for me, no CC or mods currently in my game, new game folder and I was just in CAS today and that was happening to me as well, it used to automatically go to what the sim is wearing. It works for makeup, didn't try hair, but definitely doesn't work for clothing like it used to.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Same issue here.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Same issue. I hate scrolling through tons of different pants trying to find the one I selected. I also wished they’d distinguish them better, maybe highlight them in yellow? The green outline is too obscure
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I've been experiencing this issue too.
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yes, this is annoying.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Yes I've been experiencing that too, but I find that the item is usually a few rows above when I click something, so I think it is trying lol

Same here. I've been scrolling up a few rows to find the item. It seems like some kind of alignment issue.
    #Team Occult
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,560 Member
    What I have noticed is that I can't seem to edit the size of my toddlers anymore. I take my family into cas.fulleditmode and can't find the option for body. With the older Sims: Child and up, you've got the weight and muscle tone sliders. With Toddlers, we had Body and when we clicked on that we had three choices. I've noticed that little Andrew is quite a chubby little dude. His older brother never chunked up like that nor his older twin sisters. So, what is it about Andrew? :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Samesies!! I thought it was just me and that I was going crazy. Glad to see it wasnt just me. 🙂

Now about being crazy....😋
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Same for me as well.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited December 2020
    usually this happens because clothing isnt in the clothing category you are editing

but idk if it happens with all clothes now cause ive just been assuming its that everytime it happens
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free