Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make members of your household NPC's!

I have heard many people ask, can you make members of your household NPC's, and the answer is, yes, there is a way, ok here's how.
1. Bring up the cheat bar (by pressing CTRL, shift & c on you keyboard)
2. Type in, ageuptonpc
3. Bring up the cheat bar again
4. Type in, testingcheatsenabled true
5. Find the sims in your household you wish to make a npc, hold down shift, and click him.
6. Press edit sim in create a sim.
7. Make that sim a toddler and accept
8. Hold down shift and click that sim again
9. Click, start ageing transaction, once turned into a child, it will ask if you want this sims to be a npc or not, accept.
10. Hold shift and click on that sim again and edit in create a sim make back to (young) adult and he will be a npc living in your house!

NOTE: that sims clothing, hair and traits may change, (but you can change back in create a sim mode) but any relationships they're in will remain, as I used it on my boyfriend, who became a npc in my house after using this, and he still was my boyfriend.

Hopefully this is useful, and now you can have fun of having npc, housemates, spouse's, children etc!

Comments

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2012
    do they then still count towards the total max number of sims in the house?

or can there this way live 9 sims in the house?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • NRaasNRaas Posts: 734 New Member
    edited May 2012
    anettesb wrote:

Yes, they still count towards your household limit. :)
  • turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited May 2012
    NRaas wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

Yes, they still count towards your household limit. :)

is it possible to change them back when they are teen?
  • NRaasNRaas Posts: 734 New Member
    edited May 2012
    turistas9 wrote:
    is it possible to change them back when they are teen?

Such is possible using [MasterController Cheats]' "Advanced \ Selectability".

That mod's functionality also makes it simple to switch them to unselectable to begin with. :)
  • FaminanaFaminana Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Does the npc have to be a sim you made or can it be a default one already there?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited October 2012
    By having a NPC living in your household, will they go out on their own, find their own relationships, and other stuff?
  • mrlabeanmrlabean Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited February 2013
    The ageuptonpc doesnt work. :(
  • jazladyjazlady Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I have a macbook pro - how do I change child from npc back to active member of my household. I don't have mastercontroller and don't know how to setup on macbook - it should be a feature within sims3 base game.
  • 10eliblue10eliblue Posts: 2,280 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Speaking of Raas, I think you can use his Mod and make the Sim unselectible, the same thing as a NPC?
  • kymber13kymber13 Posts: 274 Member
    edited April 2013
    mrlabean wrote:

Yes, it does - just did it yesterday in a test game. I used a townie family with a toddler (Sophie Rogers). I did testingcheatsenabled true, then brought the cheat bar up again and typed in "ageuptonpc". Then I bought a birthday cake and had her blow out the candles. When she changed, I shift-clicked her and hit "age up to NPC". Then a message popped up giving me the option of turning her into an NPC, which I accepted.

I was also able to take the toddler Sim into CAS and save her to my bin - I wanted to see if you could save Sims born in game as children, and you can. :lol:

ETA: You must have aging enabled for it to work. Then you can go back into options and turn aging off again, if that's how you prefer to play.

The NPCs do take care of thier needs, and they do still interact with household members - not sure about other Sims, though.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    edited March 2013
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    By having a NPC living in your household, will they go out on their own, find their own relationships, and other stuff?

I will also would like to know this please.If they will take care of their needs, have their own relationships, etc.
  • ElMattioElMattio Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Will the NPCs in your household still contribute to your household's money when they earn money, is there a chance one day they'll just walk out and surely they would lose all there skills will be lost when u put them down to toddler and back again? Thank ou in advance for answering my questions :)
  • NANSINOODLESNANSINOODLES Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    mrlabean wrote:
    it worked the first time i used it but you have to use testingcheatsenabled true
  • Maddi221Maddi221 Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    See I followed the instructions and the icon on the left was still a toddler and it was really annoying. Does the icon eventually go back to normal.
  • CellLoyalAmberBCellLoyalAmberB Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    false it doesnt work, it just made my guy old not non playing
  • Melz17Melz17 Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    Ageuptonpc works but only if the sims age up from a toddler to a child. It does not work if the sim is in any other life stages (e.g. Child, teen, young adult etc.)

I want to add the npc in my family back to a playable character. It does not show the add to active family option once you use the ageuptonpc trick on the sim. Now I've been looking all over the web on how to reverse this ageuptonpc trick and did not find any useful solutions. So I've played around a bit and found a way to reverse this trick. Just thought I might share it here in case someone else comes looking for an answer.

All you have to do is go to edit town mode and split up the family (move the npc sim out, if the npc is a child or teen, you will have to move him/her out with an adult). Resume the game and have a sim from your active family ask the npc to move in. Problem solved, npc is now a playable character in your active family.
  • PVT_JEBUSPVT_JEBUS Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    Not sure if anyone else gets this problem but when i have made the character an NPC and it is now a young adult, every now and then when playing the character will basically get shorter and then zip back to normal size. Anyone got a fix for this? or have i just simply done the process wrong?
  • KurokuLeeKurokuLee Posts: 155 Member
    edited June 2014
    Changing a Sims age in CAS will do that.

You need to reset him/her:

ctrl+shift+c

Type: resetsim john smith

Replace john smith with your Sims full name.
    edited June 2014
    aah ok thanks for the reply.
    edited June 2014
    I already have some pre-made characters that i want to be NPC's in my game, after i have made them an NPC, i go to edit them but there is no load sim button. Does anyone know if you can and how to load your previous sims?
  • SimsillitySimsillity Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone know how to do this in Sim 4? I'm pulling my hair out because everytime a sim leaves house I'm forced to control that sim, making large house management cumbersome and time consuming. I just want to control one sim in a family.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2017
    Simsillity wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to do this in Sim 4? I'm pulling my hair out because everytime a sim leaves house I'm forced to control that sim, making large house management cumbersome and time consuming. I just want to control one sim in a family.
    I think you would be more likely to get a helpful answer if you ask this on a thread in the TS4 section of the forum. This one is for TS3 and I'm afraid many of us do not play both games. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Cabey333Cabey333 Posts: 6 New Member
    [quote="Simsillity;c-15519710"]Does anyone know how to do this in Sim 4? I'm pulling my hair out because everytime a sim leaves house I'm forced to control that sim, making large house management cumbersome and time consuming. I just want to control one sim in a family.[/quote]

Have you found a way? I'm trying right now and there doesn't seem to be any solution for it.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Cabey333 wrote: »
    Simsillity wrote: »

Have you found a way? I'm trying right now and there doesn't seem to be any solution for it.

@Cabey333, you might be better off asking this question over in The Sims 4 section as this is an old thread for The Sims 3, so you might got an answer over there as there is more people more familiar with TS4 since most of the players in this section still play TS3... :)
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi there, I'm closing this thread as it has been necro'd from 2017.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top