Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So this happened...

01r3AbO.jpg

This is only the second time I've had a meteor hit in 7 years playing. No sims were harmed, but it took out my entire garden! :D

Comments

• Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    If the lot was bigger I'd put some water in it and make it a pond. I haven't had one this save, but I'm waiting for it.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Me, I love dropping meteors on my sims deliberately. "NRAAS>Debug Enabler>Options>Trigger Meteor (two flavors)

Small things amuse me. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    If the lot was bigger I'd put some water in it and make it a pond. I haven't had one this save, but I'm waiting for it.

I moved them to an entirely new house :D That one was a starter and my sim had just gotten married so I was getting ready to move to a bigger home anyway. The meteor just sped that up :D
    Me, I love dropping meteors on my sims deliberately. "NRAAS>Debug Enabler>Options>Trigger Meteor (two flavors)

Small things amuse me. :D

:D:D:D
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I had my first one recently and I was terrified because it was my future heir, then a child, who saw the sky getting dark! :o
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I had my first one recently and I was terrified because it was my future heir, then a child, who saw the sky getting dark! :o

Lol, the first time it happened it took out 2 of my sims! I had no idea that when that message popped up it meant RUN! :D
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @StephSteb I was just looking for the pics I took. The sims in the yard are neighbours. My sims were safely inside because I moved them as soon as I got the warning! Sorry you lost your sims :'(

Joe, who was a child, had been painting right beside where the big meteor fell. He would have died for sure!
    50073710406_6a96722f5a_o.jpg
    50073956057_626b730cd1_o.jpg
    50073710356_b39ce27203_o.jpg
  • Options
    Great photos <3 I had JUST finished making my sims and had been playing for a whole 15 minutes when POW! everyone but the dad sim GONE! That was a fun day googling to figure out what in the world just happened :D
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    R.I.P. garden :( ...

On another note ,congratulations!! It's random events like this that makes the game so interesting and dare I say fun. :p
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    OliviaAROliviaAR Posts: 31 Member
    I am so envious.
    I have yet to experience one in the five years I've been playing.
    50367188388_aeb7c99673_m.jpg
    Sometimes All You Need Is A Warm Hug From Your Bestfriend
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    R.I.P. garden :( ...

On another note ,congratulations!! It's random events like this that makes the game so interesting and dare I say fun. :p

Definitely interesting and fun. I've never had anything hold my attention as long as Sims 3 has :D
    OliviaAR wrote: »
    I am so envious.
    I have yet to experience one in the five years I've been playing.

If a message pops up that says ".... is wondering why the sky got dark" RUN as far away from wherever you are immediately :# If you like mods, NRaas Debug Enabler can trigger meteors. I never want meteors, though, so I don't use it. I would say I hope you get one soon but....that sounds mean :D
  • Options
    OliviaAROliviaAR Posts: 31 Member
    @StephSteb I will keep that in mind. :D I want to experience a meteor shower, but not lose one of my sims to one. If I wanted a ghost sim that died from one, I would just make one in CAS. lol I am took attached to my sims, though. <3
    50367188388_aeb7c99673_m.jpg
    Sometimes All You Need Is A Warm Hug From Your Bestfriend
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited September 2020
    Life_in_Nikkei_SimmersRiverview.jpg
    Life_in_Nikkei_SimmersRiverview2.jpg
    Life_in_Nikkei_SimmersRiverview3.jpg
    Screenshot-77.jpg
    Screenshot-81.jpg
    I just love the little synchronized dance they do when they're terrified.
    Screenshot-106.jpg
    Screenshot-209.jpg
    Yup...in Nikkei_Simmer's Riverview...life will never...EVER...be the same.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I've been playing since 2012, no natural meteor strikes ever. I'm still waiting.
    I don't mind cheating things in the game that I don't really consider cheating if I need it to happen for a story, but I would like to have an unexpected one occur first. So, not pushing that Nraas button for a meteor strike. :grin:
    I don't particularly want to lose a sim either, but that is what quit is for and why I use the saveas feature. lol
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer I wouldn't be surprised if all of your sims have Chicken Little syndrome by now :D

@bekkasan I don't want them, EVER :D
  • Options
    liizzys1302liizzys1302 Posts: 53 Member
    Lucky!! I've so far never had a meteor hit and i've been playing for years.
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited September 2020
    Man, those meteors are huge! I got a strike right away when I first got Ambitions but then played for years without another. Then all of a sudden, while in Roaring Heights, it said "the sky is getting dark". I managed to move my Sim just in time. Made a lot of money that day.

It is a scary thing when it happens. You just know someone is going to die.

Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I remember this so vividly that it's funny:
    My sim in an old save was in his garden when that pop-up appeared. He was killed before I switched to him, as I'd been controlling his wife at the time.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    luellacorlissluellacorliss Posts: 2 New Member
    I just had my first meteor ever in 9 years of playing!!! Very exciting. It took out both my tractors and some of my garden, though. :'(

Question: I picked up the meteor rocks and can't find anything else to clean up, but my sims are still getting the "filthy surroundings" moodlet in the area the meteor landed. I replaced everything that got broken, and didn't see any ashes when I erased my terrain paints. Any idea what I may have missed
  • Options
    DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@luellacorliss That happened to me too. I ended up replacing 1/3 of the lot, so a whole entire huge wrap around porch and side of (+2 squares into) the entire house, and driveway. They did not look burned/damaged At All. But my simies still complained. I think my sims must have thought it still smelled scorched! lol
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Only two meteor strikes have happened in my 10 years of playing and they were so tragic, I never want to see them again. :(

I'd mod them out if it's possible.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    If they're getting the moodlet then there definitely is something still around that is scorched. There could be scorched flooring under a kitchen cabinet or even stairs. I had that happen to me, though it wasn't from a meteor strike, it was from a starting scenario. I couldn't do anything about cleaning under the stairs, so I started over and rejected the scenario.

If your sim is neat, have them clean the house, and watch them. If not, hire a maid. If they go to clean something and throw a fit about not being able to get somewhere, you will know where the problem is. Hopefully, you'll be able to move something in buy mode so they can mop under it.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited December 2020
    emorrill wrote: »
    Only two meteor strikes have happened in my 10 years of playing and they were so tragic, I never want to see them again. :(

I'd mod them out if it's possible.

@emorrill Yes NRaaS Retuner will allow you to remove meteors.

Edit: Here is is, the bottom of this page: https://www.nraas.net/community/Weather-And-Seasons
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    @luellacorliss There's probably some scorched floor under a rug or something. Try what @IreneSwift suggested, that's how I found all of the spots. I was really bummed to lose my garden but it also pushed me to move to a bigger place with a bigger garden :D

@emorrill I don't want them, either. :o<3 Thanks so much for the mod suggestion, @KevinL5275
  • Options
    luellacorlissluellacorliss Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you all for your help! @DivaDoodle @IreneSwift @StephSteb

It was the fence around my garden. It didn't looked scorched or have a replace option, so I ignored it at first, but once I deleted it and built a new one, the moodlet was gone.

I have to say the meteor experience was super exciting for me! Glad to know the game can still surprise me. It's possible this has unleashed a new meteor monster on my unsuspecting sims... :D