Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA/Sims 3 Steam Sales 🀬

Comments

• SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    @ClarionOfJoy I checked on Steam; I was hoping for The Sims 3 to go on sale so I can get the remaining DLC before I go to the Store, especially since there are new Sims 3 players who is intrigued in the game and the contents The Sims 3 has. The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 had "Collector's Editions" in which everything was included when they reached the age The Sims 3 is at now. It's just isn't fair to those who hasn't completed their collection or starting out as Sims 3 players having to pay "full price" for a game that is nearly twelve years old yet a game less than a decade old has gone on sale over a dozen times this year alone. It's a big disappointment that The Sims 3 haven't been on sale since February this year.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2020
    At this point there's no point buying S3 packs from EA, last year I bought pretty much all of them from CDKeys and G2A. They were about $5 each.

One on G2A I had an issue with, but that was because I took a risk and bought from a lower ranking seller for a cheaper price. Got a full refund from g2a within a few weeks though so it was no problem.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited December 2020
    @ClarionOfJoy I checked on Steam; I was hoping for The Sims 3 to go on sale so I can get the remaining DLC before I go to the Store, especially since there are new Sims 3 players who is intrigued in the game and the contents The Sims 3 has. The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 had "Collector's Editions" in which everything was included when they reached the age The Sims 3 is at now. It's just isn't fair to those who hasn't completed their collection or starting out as Sims 3 players having to pay "full price" for a game that is nearly twelve years old yet a game less than a decade old has gone on sale over a dozen times this year alone. It's a big disappointment that The Sims 3 haven't been on sale since February this year.

Yeah, people in the discussion section of The Sims 3 @ Steam are pretty disappointed! I'm starting to get the feeling that TS3 will never be on sale again....at least until TS5 is released anyway. Then, they might issue an ultimate edition of TS3 maybe.

It is a pretty awesome game though. I have lots of other games from Steam, GOG and Epic, but I clock in the most hours per month on Origin because of TS3. I honestly think it is worth purchasing even at the higher prices. But if people really want it for cheaper, maybe start looking at the other legitimate web stores besides Origin and Steam where you can get slightly lower prices.

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I honestly have no idea why they always singled out Sims 3 from any sales, they never created the ultimate edition or all in one edition and rarely put this game on sales, did they really want to boost Sims 4 sales so much that they almost never put Sims 3 on sales knowing many people were coming back to this version recently?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    It's been over a year now since The Sims 3 last went on sale on Steam
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    Maybe The Sims 3 is selling better than The Sims 4, and that's why EA doesn't want to slash prices even further?
    I mean, The Sims 4 has received A LOT of negative feedback and criticism from the community for a wide range of features - features that were staples in the franchise since the founding. This may lead people to write bad reviews, which encourages and incentivizes people to buy more Sims 3-related content. Now, because Sims 3 is still selling like hotcakes, that may explain why EA is hesitant on slashing those prices.
    There is a big EA Publisher's Sale at Steam right now - guess which game they didn't add to the sale? :/

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    They even JACKED the prices of Sims packs in the Steam Store. $26.99??? ARE THEY EFFIN' KIDDING ME? Though yeah, if it was the only option, I'd still pay it over paying $29.99 for that steaming pile of... (My mommy told me if I didn't have ANYTHING NICE to say...to not say anything at all...)
    Bambi-thumper-adult.png
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Ive been waiting for Island Paradise to go on sale for months now...idk if if the time will ever come πŸ’€
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I stick to Origin for my Sims 3 because their prices are still better than Steam Sales.
    I would even get my Civilization VI Expansion Packs & Bundles in Origin if it was possible, because it probably would be more affordable than on Steam. Oh, well. :'(
    Man, I remember the last time EA had Sims 3 Steam Sales was at 2018 Summer Sales if IIRC, and they even increase the price of all their games after returning to Steam last year.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    It could be that EA are using Sims 3 as a basis for a possible/probable Sims 5 and want to separate them, date wise. Sims 3 aficionados have been so supportive and vociferous about how splendid Sims 3 is and how rubbish Sims 4 is, they probably believe them. It would be the easiest and cheapest way to make a iteration and what EA might do.

They'd bring a new generation in and leave old timers to the old games of Sims 2,3 and 4. I'd still prefer 4 though.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Ive been waiting for Island Paradise to go on sale for months now...idk if if the time will ever come πŸ’€
    It is disappointing! I have been waiting for university life pack to go on sale for months too, if not a whole year even. I even went to cdkeys since people here mentioned it but they dont have UL in stock lol.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I've been wanting to get TS3 for well over a year now but the pricing is prohibitive, both on steam and origin. I'm not going to use shady grey market sellers like g2a or cdkeys and neither will i consider the likes of Ebay where it is just as bad.

As it stands? there is no possible way to get TS3, which sucks. You'd think EA would want to celebrate their past successes in TS3, instead like TS1 and TS2 this is likely to be left to rot and then yanked altogether some point down the road, never to be seen again. I can't understand the reasoning for that at all, more so when you got the likes of Dragon Age and Mass Effect which are part of EA Mobile like The Sims and they are still very much on sale.
    edited February 2021
    So I've been subscribing to the sims 3 subreddit, and I saw plenty of people completing their collections by getting the disc version as cheap as 5 dollars a piece from their local game store or Walmart idk, which I assume they lived in the united states, so might want to try that, since I live in a middle east atm, I doubt there is any I only missing the 70 80 90s pack.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited February 2021
    There are still some Sims 3 packs you can buy retail in Europe too but rare nowadays.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    GameStop has Sims 3 expansion packs for $20.

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=The+sims+3&lang=default
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited February 2021
    Another way I aquired most of my Sims 3 packs is by buying them used on Amazon. I got University for 5,99, Late Night for 3,99 and some were more expensive like Supernatural which was 10 bucks.
    The only thing that bothered me was that because the games were used 2 out of 4 times the code was used so I couldn't register the pack to Origin, but you don't need to register the pack to Origin anyway, you just need to install with the disc and you're good to go.

A trick for that is: Only buy the last EP new from either Origin or Steam and then buy the rest used, you only need the latest EP to launch the game, so you don't have to own the discs from other EPs or have them registered, as long as you have installed them, you will only need the discs if you decide to re-install.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I stick to Origin for my Sims 3 because their prices are still better than Steam Sales.
    I would even get my Civilization VI Expansion Packs & Bundles in Origin if it was possible, because it probably would be more affordable than on Steam. Oh, well. :'(

Steam often has sales for Civ 6. Usually 50% or 30% off.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ProZackProZack Posts: 15 Member
    There are too many TS4 whales (gacha reference) shelling out money, they probably forgot TS3 exists.
    β™› π“ π•¦π•–π•–π•Ÿπ•šπ•– β™›

"Segregation was wrong when it was forced by white people, and I believe it is still wrong when it is requested by black people." ~ Coretta Scott King
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Even with 50% Sales in Steam, Civilization VI is still a bit price. However, it's still a way better play than Sims 3 & 4. It's so world conquer. :D<3B)
    Even with 50% Sales in Steam, Civilization VI is still a bit price. However, it's still a way better play than Sims 3 & 4. It's so world conquer. :D<3B)

Epic has Civilization VI. When Epic has its 10$-off coupon sales on top of their percent-off sales, it's the best discounts! Their last coupon & percent off sale was this past Christmas and I got so many great games at good prices: Red Dead Redemption, Far Cry games, Assassin's Creed games, Mafia games, etc.

• Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    Agreed. Sims 3 regular price should be much, much cheaper. And the store content should be reduced alot! Actually, the store items should be at the one dollar an item level at this point. Or is it time to start giving it away from time to time? I think EA keeps these prices as they are because this game has as much traffic as the newer 4. There is a big following that refuses to play Sims 4. Maybe it has a bigger player base then we think.
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    There is a big following that refuses to play Sims 4. Maybe it has a bigger player base then we think.

This is similar to what happened when The Sims 3 was released. There are still a lot of people loyal to The Sims 2. I'm waiting for them to do some type of The Sims 3 Ultimate Collection on Origin. I feel like it's a matter of time.
    angrycat.gif
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    The sims 3 sales are back on steam, and origin.