Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member
    edited December 2020

46 The Watcher Watches: Luc's Teen Party!

The teens are so excited about Luc's Teen Party! Leelu, having the artistic trait, decides She should also make a brilliant painting to add to Luc's decorations! Ahhhhh she admires her work!
    KuA3vsh.jpg

"I will just leave it here, as a surprise for Luc to discover!" she thinks, hoping he will be pleased.
    toKZ8PX.jpg

"Gee, I'm astounded this house was so messy, Our parents really kept it in disarray" thinks Ari "It seems like these laundry machines have been going non-stop all day!"
    HMiO6Q5.jpg

Cabana and Tristan are having a blast! Tula and Ari too!
    xYW5Nho.jpg
    OuTpdgW.jpg

Wheee! "Ari come join me, it's so fun!" Fawn calls
    0eyILCF.jpg
    jT6Yrky.jpg

"Leelu I saw your painting! I'm so glad we share the love of art!" says Luc
    "oh good! I'll make another one for you, Luc" She runs off happily thinking "Luc must think I really have talent!"
    EwbjS1D.jpg
    fmULjbz.jpg
    no949im.jpg

Cabana is making fish and chips! He wants there to be enough food, he knows how hungry teens can get!
    A6QaSDb.jpg

"Hoooooo wab Na!" shouts Leelu at the tv! and she laughs and laughs "It's so fun to watch on the bed, you can really Hoot and Hollar at the shows!" she thinks
    SpeFG49.jpg
    ccqkWF1.jpg

Cabana comes in to share a joke, they have the same trait.
    cSKbFcH.jpg

"eh, he tells dorky jokes, but he's ok for an adult I guess." she thinks
    5hStVe2.jpg

Cabana knows the best way to get to know teens! This is Quigley.
    cfR7pRe.jpg
    zAGzB87.jpg

Cabana likes meeting all the teens, Rut roh, he knows he will have his work cut out for him with Daydream Ivy being a slob!
    Tlqzyqp.jpg

But soon gets to be friends, letting her know he is the chaperone and what's expected of guests.
    1PpArYF.jpg
    TeJnGN1.jpg
    4EAtV3t.jpg
    xp45KSr.jpg
    4Gg8sxS.jpg
    IfBdKBN.jpg

"Hi Quigs, gee you look so different, I hardly recognized you!" says Tristan
    ldBrtFu.jpg

"yes I had my sex change and am very happy now, Cutie-pie" says Quigley flirtatiously.
    VUxNRDC.jpg

Tristan is not comfortable with anyone but Tula being flirtatious with him, Luckily he see his sister Emily. he excuses himself "Oh sorry Quigs, I see my sister is waiting for me to greet her!"

"Em! What's new with you and Dad?"
    Ao0zihi.jpg

"Well he was really mad about the impropriety when I wanted Waylan to move in with us! He's so Proper, it's nuts! But I love Waylan, and since he is no longer a Werewolf, he has problems fitting in with his family now, so yeah, we worked it out! and I'm really happy!"

Emily tries to joke with Ari, noticing the discarded apparel on the floors "Ari! What material should you avoid using because it will make clothing too light? fiber optics! hahahahaa" she is not the most tactful girl, nor the best joke teller.
    8pK3gg7.jpg
    but she soon seems to do a smooth recovery!
    T5NeRIC.jpg

hmmm Are Quigs and Daydream an item?
    pkVCglO.jpg
    7UAU0Ba.jpg
    ZtYfny3.jpg

Felicity likes Quigs too.
    NYtoEUj.jpg

lol Cabana Boi! Nice bathing suit! he likes to have fun with the water toys!
    ZTDMPLY.jpg
    XCfbBWg.jpg

Cabana knows he needs to have another talk with Daydream about her messy behavior, he tries to be diplomatic in a friendly way. Letting her know He is the chaperone and He is in charge, but he cares about them all, and wants to be fair. He understands teens, He used to be one!
    w0OTImS.jpg?1
    Igv4zgo.jpg
    gcVizo3.jpg
    P7omuo3.jpg

The party rocks on, late into the early morning, as dancers dance, talkers talk, and gamers game.
    FmaIrBV.jpg
    pliOEN0.jpg?1

Then in Cabana's room, I find what can only be true love!
    peK06Ez.jpg
    qrZU3Bd.jpg

yep Waylon, I can't wait either, your kids will be darling!.... but when you grow up, ok?
    0HjT13u.jpg
    you4kZg.jpg

Cabana Boi tells all the teens he has placed sleeping bags if any get tired. he adds " it is too late to drive home, so please make yourself at home!"

But Oh yikes! when Cabana heads to his bed, he's horrified to find Daydream is in his bed! He goes out muttering about how mixed up some teens can be, and finds a free sleeping bag.
    WwWH4xh.jpg
    hQms7ud.jpg

No! Daydream you are not marrying Cabana! He doesn't want to marry a teenager! Why do you want to marry an older man? Oh. no. no.
    m5Ju0KY.jpg
    fLoTBJT.jpg
    Tg4r2TA.jpg

Daydream does her homework and Quigs chats to her while they eat "I live in a big house Daydream, I think you would like it" he tries
    I3yJcTh.jpg

'I would only want someone wealthy, like a rich musician like my Dad" she responds
    v9hNt9R.jpg

"I could be a rich musician..."
    iMwUbxc.jpg
    AEzdcRl.jpg
    ZwrvBYT.jpg

"I would also need him to be a great cook! MmmmMM'' thinks Daydream ''Cabana makes a mean burger! and he is a beef cake! heeheee"
    Gr9dT1J.jpg

"oh yeah! he said I have to clean up after myself!"
    arnFGOW.jpg

*puts plate back on table* "Yay I did it! I'm So tidy now! I know he will be impressed!"
    eJQkcST.jpg
    3i637Ai.jpg

Luc and Quigs are talking, I have him ask if Quigs has someone special, he shakes his head "no" then glances over at Daydream.
    ayJ1Br0.jpg

Daydream had the hearts for Tristan then goes to sit next to him. Tristan is saying something about a bike to Daydream
    VYRLjbY.jpg

Daydream immediately gets up. I don't think she liked whatever he said.
    cJsX80E.jpg

All too soon it's time the party ends, and teens rush off for school
    Rzbo19I.jpg
    YC3bY07.jpg
    uaivBTr.jpg

Cabana Boi awakens to a nice quiet house but full of dirty dishes, he glances over and smiles, and shakes his head. He will fulfill a wish today cleaning! :)
    9DviYzw.jpg

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I always wanted to invent the time machine in Ambitions back in the day, but I never got around to it, so now that I have it installed again, I'm determined.

I'm playing the Curious Family in order to complete this challenge, with little Bunny as my inventor. I love that children use a step stool when using some objects. I also love that children can actually do things in this game.

OoRm6qG.png

Uh, oh, Bunny caught on fire! Thank you Cherish for coming to the rescue. Oh hello there Notzo, I'm glad you're unaffected by the chaos around you.

stYaItE.png

But time cannot be wasted! Bunny is back to work, there will be time to shower later.

snrGo3y.png
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Hello Everybody. I've been giving out lots of likes and awesomes.

Also it's too hot at my place today for me to want to do much. But I have been working on my next video. It follows on from Robbie and Candice's wedding in Cornucopia. They stay in that world for a while and read all of the recipes and fishing bait books. Because that's what they needed to do before returning home to set up house together. They got a whole lot of new stuff in their house and put their books and things they'd caught, collected and harvested before I returned to the main Holden household.

Life continues. All of Gerri's 15 children were instant babies who arrived on the same day. I decided they could age up from Teen to YA when they completed their Lifetime Wish or when they needed to be a Young Adult to get a job in order to achieve their lifetime wish. This led me to start playing with 3 or 4 of them and getting their lifetime wishes. Those sims were making more progress than the others and became treated as the older siblings. Now two of them have married and moved out.

Javon was the first to get his lifetime wish of Zoologist and he was the first to age up to Young Adult and the first to marry and move out with his new wife, Gwen.

Robbie needs to work in the science career to get his lifetime wish so he aged up soon after Javon and went to work. In his case all I required of him was to have an A Grade at school to age up to Young Adult. Now Robbie has married Candice and moved out.

In the meantime several others also got their lifetime wishes. They aged up to Young Adult. The first was Alecia. She also had the LTW of Zoologist. Her prospective husband moved in a while ago and they are just about ready to go away on vacation so they can be sure of their relationship before getting married and moving out.

Lynette who also had the LTW of Zoologist. I made a potential spouse for her but she had to wait to meet him due to overcrowding at home. He has now moved into the household since Javon, Gwen, Robbie, Candice and Elsa have all moved out.

Elsa is the really annoying genie that Robbie got out of a dusty old lamp. She's still causing trouble since I let her loose in town instead of drumming her out of the world.

Since Robbie and Candice read all of the recipes and fishing bait books I decided each of the couples will need to read all of the fishing bait books and all recipes they are able to read depending on the level of their cooking skill. So my sims are doing a lot of reading. I'm not planning to show all of this reading in my videos but if you watch the videos you might see some reading occasionally.

I've been having birthdays two at a time. First it was Javon and Robbie, then Alecia and Lynette followed by Felicia and Wilfred and Byron.

I might have got the exact coupling of the birthdays a bit mixed up but that is who aged up to Young Adult. Byron is Wilfred's Imaginary Friend made real and he was made real as a teen. All other Imaginary Friends are made real as Young Adults. So Byron was a an anomaly.

Felicia needed to join the science career to achieve her lifetime wish.

Wilfred's lifetime wish is a bit of a problem and I decided not to spend time on it. He wants to adopt an unicorn. So I might work towards that much later on - after the Head of the Household badge is achieved. Or maybe leave it for him to worry about. He aged up to Young Adult.

The final pair to have aged up to Young Adult are Demetria and Dolores. They have both achieved their Lifetime Wish. Demetria needed a perfect private aquarium and Dolores needed to get to the top of the painting and guitar skills.

I've been making the imaginary friends real and setting them loose as townies because each baby in this game is supposed to get an imaginary friend and there aren't enough townies and I thought making the imaginary friends real and sending them on their way would solve two problems. One is lack of townies, and the other being a superfluous doll in a young adult's inventory.

All of the sims mentioned above who had imaginary friends have made their imaginary friends real and released them to become townies. Gwen had an imaginary friend but Candice didn't and all future spouses of the Holden clan are not expected to have their own imaginary friends.

The current imaginary friends posed for this shot.
    Josie-Byron-Brian-Pauline-Bill-Colin-Jake-Holden-Imaginary-Friends-Made-Real001.jpg
    From left to right: Josie, Byron, Brian, Pauline, Bill, Colin, and Jake.

They are a colourful lot and have a variety of personalities. The game has started matching them up with other townies and forming couples. Hopefully babies will follow. Some of my townies have already had babies. So far there are 2 toddlers and 1 baby in town.

Here are all of the townies at this stage. The Imaginary Friends are included in this pic. There are not many townies in the world so far.
    Everybody-But-Holden-Households.jpg

Javon and Gwen as well as Robbie and Candice should be added to this lot as they have moved out and become townies too - although they are related to the Holdens and will be assisting in the production of the 30 Grandchildren. I won't be playing their households again until after the badge is awarded or I decide the badge is not going to be awarded after a huge effort at producing lots of grandchildren.

This was the main Holden household just after Javon and Gwen moved out. Robbie and Candice are still in the household at this point. They have since moved out.
    Holden-Household-At-Time-Of-Javyn-Wedding002.jpg

The young adults in the main Holden Household after Javon, Gwen, Robbie and Candice moved out.
    Demetria-Dolores-Wilfred-Felicia-Lynette001.jpg
    From Left to Right they are: Demetria, Dolores, Wilfred, Felicia, Lynette

Denis and Alecia are not in the pic because Denis is Alecia's future husband. They are the next couple to go on vacation and marry and move out. That will all happen in a future episode.
    Denis-And-Alecia001.jpg

Javon and Gwen at their wedding.
    Javon-And-Gwen-Wedding003.jpg

Here are Robbie and Candice. They are now married and living in town waiting to start having babies to add to the 30 grandchildren. So far the grandchild count is 0.
    Robbie-And-Candice002.jpg

All sims of course will graduate once they age up to Young Adult.

Here are the teens at this point but two of them will be aging up in this new episode I'm currently working on.
    Sharonda-Meagan-Latoya-Kendall-Joni-Constance-Coby001.jpg
    Left to right they are: Sharonda, Meagan, Latoya, Kendall, Joni, Constance, Coby.

Sharonda and Coby are the pair due to age up to Young Adult in this new video I'm currently working on.

Sharonda ages up now because she needs to join the law enforcement career to get her lifetime wish, and Coby because Javon and Gwen brought home enough relics for him to achieve his lifetime wish of Private Museum.

I've been making imaginary friends real by generally working down the portrait panel column in order of age. The next one to make their imaginary friend real will be Dolores. Her imaginary friend is Wiggles. I gave Wiggles a makeover and she is by far my favourite imaginary friend made real so far.

In this video I'm currently working on you will see Wiggles made real and turn into Win.
    Win012.jpg

So that's about it for now with where I'm up to in this video making project. I'm about half way through making the video. Probably it'll get posted a day or so after Christmas.

@coco I'm fine thanks. It is just too hot here at the moment.

@bekkasan I'm glad you still enjoy building, and I agree, setting up a new computer is a great way of grabbing some time to make a few things for the Exchange. You never know just how long you can make it last before you feel the need to add just a little bit of CC and then, before you know i, there is an avalanche of it arriving in your Downloads folder.

@GraceyManor congratulations of the stunning wedding pictures.

@Tamijo thanks for the comment. I'm sorry you don't like to watch much of YouTube. I didn't watch it either until after I started making videos. Now I find it a wonderful source of information and inspiration for my watercolours.

One of many problems with YouTube, and my channel suffers from it greatly, is that if people start watching a video and then stop after a few minutes the YouTube algorithm marks that video as one to be buried and not offered to others to watch. Some of my best videos only ever get a small number of views for this reason.

Apparently it's the first hour after a video is posted that is critical. If it gets a few hundred views during that time and most people watch to the end then YouTube will promote it to others.

The problem with my videos is people often start watching and then stop and come back to it and watch a little more and come back to it eventually getting through the video, but YouTube wants the videos to keep people glued to them for a long time, even beyond that particular video.

Even if someone watches a video for an hour and then stops watching YouTube, that video gets a bad mark because it should have inspired the viewer to move on and watch another video, and another and another and never leave YouTube. When the viewer finally stops watching videos the last video they watched gets a black mark against it. It's really annoying how it all works.

I try to stick to 30 minute videos so the few who watch my videos know what to expect. But occasionally I let them go on for about an hour. I always feel nervous about making a long video - but I've noticed YouTube seems to mark them as better videos and they get more exposure to other possible viewers.

I often wonder why I bother, then I tell myself I enjoy the process of making the videos and I am learning something. But I think my days as a maker of Sims 3 videos are limited. I know some people love to watch them and want to see more. So I keep going, trying to complete a few stories, but I keep wondering if I should just find a better use of my time. For the moment I'll keep up the videos. I am currently motivated to get the 30 Grandchildren Challenge series of videos completed.

I enjoyed seeing your alien abduction. I have started eliminating them from my games though as I found them happening every night and my male sims were getting pregnant constantly. There is a limit to the number of alien babies I could cope with in one household. I had 4 in one household before I decided I absolutely had to put an end to them.

@DivaDoodle more fun updates I see. I'm left wondering what's going to happen next. They are all having so much fun in so many different ways.

@Sorak4 your posts are always very entertaining to read and the pictures are great. I love the look you gave Ashes. I don't usually have vampires in my games but you are obviously having fun.

I did try to have vampires. My first vampire had suicidal tendencies. He kept dying and he wasn't unlucky so he just died. And he had a wife and children to look after. I kept shutting down and restarting and he'd find a new death each time. He was hungry, The fridge was in the kitchen. He died walking to the fridge. I put plasma fruit in his inventory. He died walking to the fridge because he decided to cook something instead of eating the plasma fruit. I moved the fridge next to his bed. He ate his plasma fruit. I was relieved. He walked to the fireplace and burned himself to death. I gave up.

I have the image in my head of a vampire pic someone posted a few years ago. The Vampire had got to the top of the criminal career. He was Emperor of Evil. It was all blackness except for the massive red throbbing and glowing heart and the huge red aura emanating from all around his body. It was a truly awesome sight. I think it was a combination of vampire and criminal career effects.

Happy Simming all.
    edited December 2020

@emorrill thanx so so much for the comments you are making me laugh! love it!

Yes his name is Cabana Boi, :D

Oh but he wasn't MY heart throb hahaha those songs don't ring a bell. lets see my early 70's <3 that would be oh lawd So many: Jim Morrison, Elvis Presley, David Bowie, Jimmy Hendrix, All of the Led Zeplin guys especially Jimmy Page, Neil Young, Richard Wright & Roger Waters and well let's face it All those Pink Floyd guys. and probably more!

If the music and lyrics got into my very bones then I was in love! and if they had long hair I loved them more hahaha I really liked their music into the 80's too (those that didn't die ) Then I turned into the disco queen and my silver fox was my Disco King :D that man still has the moves too!

of the 70's girls I liked and wanted to BE: Janis Joplin, Ann Wilson & Nancy Wilson of Heart. Grace Slick, and Janis Ian. yep all rolled into One. then in the mid 70's I only wanted to be ME. finally lol

Nope I don't know it it sorry emorrill I did know his Name and I do remember he had a show with his sister (but didn't watch it.)

"In Tula's defense I was thinking about marriage as early as 12 years old so... :p (I was super boy crazy!)" LOL I can so relate! I wanted to be married before kindergarten but Mom said NO! choose someone on TV and you can pretend....hey I think I already told this old story! anyway I wanted to choose Superman but my big sister said she was already married to him so I couldn't, so then I chose Mighty Mouse

@MadIris I like your update and pictures!

@Tamijo Oh that is such a good story! Great update!

Thank you for the comments I appreciate it! Yes I followed Karritz tips and also I did
    some re-arranging. I think my laptop, not the game, wants only 8 per household, I played all day
    today and saved very frequently and after several saves then I would save-as and then quit
    and loaded her back up! not one crash! I am soo happy! YAY!

@GraceyManor Awesome Update! Oh Delilah is so pretty in that amazing dress!

Their expressions are the Best!

WOW that last pic!!! <3

@Lucy_Henley it sounds great I will go over and read it!

@permanentrose I like your update! I had a lot of fun in Twinbrook! I look forward to reading

more!

@Karritz I was hoping you would come post! I wanted to tell you I didn't have one crash today! so
    all the tips worked great and I just left the families as I had separated them for the library. I think I
    will just keep it 8 per house hold, just in case that was also influencing the crash. I saved like Crazy!
    and was sure to restart as well! so far it's fantastic!
    If I miss more than 8 in a house I will go re-watch one of your videos! :)

Well I'll tell you one thing about the future of the family, I will need
    to bounce back and forth a bit better! When the party ended, I saw that Amelina had her baby boy
    and the game had the audacity to name him Chin-Han :#
    that doesn't go with the last name McGraw!

Your update was a pleasure to read! Oh so that's how youtube works! well then I am guilty, sometimes I do stop because i need to see your funny sim do what ever he was doing that is so funny, I need to see it 3 times.

also I don't go to another vid. so from now on I will watch more videos and end on someone's video I don't happen to find interesting, so it won't be just watching yours then closing youtube down. '

I appreciate the explanation.

I loved all of your pictures! your sims are so very different from each other I really like their looks!

@DivaDoodle Im glad your game is now behaving itself. Once you work out how to make it run smoothly on your computer you can relax into playing the game. I just have a habit of finding the limits and then keep trying to push beyond them. I think I need a quantum computer.

Just enjoy the videos. I
    My channel is so tiny and insignificant that YouTube isn’t likely to encourage it to grow.

They keep changing the rules but what they are really after is channels with thousands of subscribers and millions of views so YouTube can make money out of the ads.
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@GraceyManor
    Ohh...so beautiful.

NB: Always on the lookout for improvements to my game so, it is a setup you made or is there an DLC including an advanced wedding.
    In general what GC to get in relation to better story/gameplay (only sims don't care to much afterlife stuff).
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
    edited December 2020
    @Karritz: No way I would start an argument, just what i was thinking reading your long an insightful post about Youtube.

If you spilt your updates into say 10 min parts, and in the comments or where you can link to other updates (know little about it just did some 1-3 minutes tubes, related to another game) you might benefit from viewers moving on to you next video if they had time, or at least finish without stopping and reloading. 30 min to 1 hour is a lot of time in the modern world, compared to reading text updates (guess 3-5 min max even for someone not having eng as mother language), just a suggestion and of course others may well prefer a 30 min format.

NB: Comments related to other peoples updates and your pictures in my next update.

My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
    Tamijo wrote: »
    @Karritz: No way I would start an argument, just what i was thinking reading your long an insightful post about Youtube.

If you spilt your updates into say 10 min parts, and in the comments or where you can link to other updates (know little about it just did some 1-3 minutes tubes, related to another game) you might benefit from viewers moving on to you next video if they had time, or at least finish without stopping and reloading. 30 min to 1 hour is a lot of time in the modern world, compared to reading text updates (guess 3-5 min max even for someone not having eng as mother language), just a suggestion and of course others may well prefer a 30 min format.

NB: Comments related to other peoples updates and your pictures in my next update.

Thanks. I did try 10 to 15 minute videos for some of my series for a while but that didn't work too well. I actually got complaints from people that they weren't long enough. They were just getting into enjoying the story and it was over. And the people who had asked for shorter videos didn't seem to watch them when I made shorter videos.

I still do think about doing shorter videos though, but for the moment I'll probably just keep going for a while longer and gradually phase them all out.

I have already completed one series which I was planning to put away for good but have had requests for it to continue with another playlist meaning different story but same sims. I've found people seem to binge watch that series. The videos languish unwatched for a few months and then suddenly, at different times, a variety of people start watching again and they work through all of them until they get to the last one I posted.

I've got too many different series on the go and as a result there is too much of a gap between episodes. For example, when I got back to work on my 30 Grandchildren series it was about a year since I'd posted the previous episode of that series. That's why I think I'll stick with this series until I get the grandchildren. If the badge isn't awarded then I might get back to it again in a year or two if I'm still making videos.

And I can never predict how each video will do. The two most recent approximately 30 minute videos have average watch times of around 51 minutes for one of them and around 11 minutes for the other. Someone, or a few someones was/were obviously enjoying one of them sufficiently to keep rewinding or something. Otherwise I think YouTube mathematics might be having a bit of a fit as I can't otherwise see how a 30 minute video could have an average watch time of over 50 minutes and average percentage viewed of 160%. It is all a bit beyond me.

The problem I have is with YouTube. But that's common to most small YouTubers.

Funnily enough, the hour long videos have a higher percentage watched than most of my shorter videos. People seemed to watch them all the way through in one go. I was expecting them to get no views because they were too long, but people watched all the way through.

I don't make long videos often so the type of video they were probably is what kept people watching. One of them was me trying to find out how many sims I could add to one household before the game crashed. The answer was 98 so it took quite a while to add them all, even though I did add them in batches. The game didn't actually crash but the house started to disintegrate and I couldn't save it any more so I had to stop. The test to see if it was running in an acceptable manner was I had to send them across the road to ride the roller coaster. Only 2 at a time could ride but others had plenty of other activities to enjoy.

I know when I'm watching videos about art I find most are around 30 minutes. Occasionally someone will do a tutorial that goes for over an hour and I will make a note of it and watch it all the way through when I am in the right frame of mind to do that.

But as far as views on my videos go, I'm lucky to get between 20 and 30 views. YouTube doesn't seem to push them out to many people so only subscribers or people who see my posts with links get to know about them.

Right now I'm just trying to get this 30 Grandchildren Badge video series completed.

I think my biggest problem is the time it takes me to make the videos and I keep thinking I should be doing something else with that time. Like art. I just spent a couple of hours watching TV and working on a watercolour so I'm happy to do a bit more work on my next video now.

Thanks for your feedback and Happy Simming.

I just thought - I usually try to do something silly for Christmas New Year and have been talking about making a video containing all of the Plant Sims I've ever had in my games. Maybe I ought to try to do that once I've got this current video I'm working on completed. I have no idea how many Plant Sims I have but most of them are children or toddlers with a few teens and maybe 3 or 4 young adults. It should be interesting.
    @DivaDoodle I hope you took control and had Amelina rename her baby son. I'm sure you had a much more appropriate name in mind for the poor child. I usually try to go with whatever the game throws at me, but I do have my limits and I think a name of Chin-Han McGraw might be a bit much to take. It'd be different if the entire family had similar names, but he would probably stand out a bit. Poor little boy.

Happy Simming
    @BrandonTaylor thank you. I'm glad you're able to find work and are doing well. I hope one day you will have time to start watching the videos again. I don't plan to take them down so if YouTube leaves them where they are you will be able to watch whenever you are ready.

Happy Simming.

@Karritz - as you took all that time to reply, I will promise that i will see the entire video and make a full comment on it.
    (I did not say today :) )
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    It has been a busy few hours since we celebrate Christmas in Sweden
    tomorrow December 24.
    Tonight will be busy playing bingo on TV too.

@DivaDoodle

I have enjoyed all the updates recently,
    you have such a great save going on.

@emorrill

No luck with those yet sadly hehe.
    @Karritz - as you took all that time to reply, I will promise that i will see the entire video and make a full comment on it.
    (I did not say today :) )

Thanks for the thought - it hadn't occurred to me you might want to do that. I look forward to your comment. Right now I'm off to have a sleep. It's almost midnight here and I'm tired.
    edited December 2020
    @Karritz

First of all, congratulations with the picture and sound, running it at a large screen in full screen mode and the quality is great, running the sound via a stereo and both your commentary and the “background” is perfectly mixed. Worked a lot with sound and music so I know stuff like that is not as easy as in may seem.

Love how you first tell us about the “quest” and your new load, then suddenly shift focus to the in-game stories, that poor man losing out on the gambling machine. The lonely lady in the bar not knowing a man is waiting in your library, and a bit later the focus couple trying to find each other at their vacation. Really a joy to see the two of them going from the sad TV scenery to a full romantic night at the roller coaster site.

NB: I do not know how much you are interfering, as I don’t know the idea of the challenge, guess could be even better if I had checked out before I saw the video – but anyway I was fully entertained and did not think it was too long, now that I know what you are doing. Such high quality at every level.
    Post edited by Tamijo on
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited December 2020
    @GraceyManor
    Ohh...so

NB: Always on the lookout for improvements to my game so, it is a setup you made or is there an DLC including an advanced wedding.
    In general what GC to get in relation to better story/gameplay (only sims don't care to much afterlife stuff).

I’m afraid I don’t understand your question.What is an advanced wedding? I never heard of that before? I never heard of afterlife stuff are you referring to sims 4? I don’t play that game.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Random piece of trivia before I get on with my update. So I mentioned before that I never remembered Elvira being in the medical career. Turns out I even had a screenshot before with the two on an outing a while back. Ashes was a bit younger back then to say the least.
    fFWpd0M.jpg

This ladies been playing music outside the house for a while, so she's the new Ebenzer? This house already has someone practicing music for something essential. We don't need more sound ontop of the stereo. It'll sound like a nightmare soon
    TWzf9et.jpeg
    You'll know what I mean by something essential later hopefully, it'll be neccessary.

Had Alice age up earlier. And I'm afraid her smug levels are completely off the charts
    fMItzNr.jpg
    You'll most likely hear her nickname for a while longer though.

True family fashion the day you become a teen is the day you get a fast car. Until then it's learning to drive... Although maybe it's better to not teach someone how to drive in a car that could easily hit its top speed so quick.
    YLqEo5n.jpg
    Sounds like a safety hazard in the making.

I'm deathly afraid when Elvira proceeds to break the 4th wall with the most horrifying Sim expression I've seen
    L8NVTKV.jpg

Ashes got an updated formal outfit too, something seems a lot more intimidating when you keep the cape though
    G6L7Puh.jpg

Turns out Morrigans like the best darts player around. Impressive.
    Lkvph75.jpeg

...Is he blowtorching her drink? I'm not a mixologist, but that just seems dangerous
    41XqAK1.jpeg

I suppose Elv scaring her younger sisters supposed to be training on how to deal with other vampires.
    zFEkvu4.jpg
    You know, if Elvira's clone is herself, does that make her sister a daughter too? I'm confused, and probably looking at this too deeply.

Poor Morrigan had to leave midway through the family night out
    JmrMMrD.jpeg
    She did have a nice nap though so all was well.

Really cannot wait to see Bumble turn up when the families out and about. I've got my events planned out in advance. It'll be great. Perhaps my magnum opus.
    L9q8VGi.png
    edited December 2020
    @GraceyManor
    Ohh...so

I’m afraid I don’t understand your question.What is an advanced wedding? I never heard of that before? I never heard of afterlife stuff are you referring to sims 4? I don’t play that game.

By advanced wedding i ment having people attend in a church (did you do that or is it a game thing) , the wedding cake - none of that in my game.

By afterlife stuff I was thinking about Vampires, Werewolves, Witches, Fairies other fantasy creatures you won't meet on you daily shopping.
    Chapter 4.7 Childhood's End / The Dreaming

The spring exhibition farther and David planned was postpone to the first weeks of summer. It was fine, although there were no very unusual high sales prices, as he had last time with “View of a summit” selling at 2.233$

yPWiJze.jpg

Marylin had her baby, a cute boy she named Leif. She named him after a Norse explorer from Iceland , who is thought to be the first European setting foot on North America about 500 years before Christopher Columbus, well that is what she told me, she is into all that Viking stuff.

The farther was Emilia’s farther Mario. I asked her “Now what, you expect to continue to date Mario and become his wife maybe” It not supposed to come out that hard, anyway she did not seem offended. “No, I don’t want to marry him, it was just a bit of fun. I am in love with Jimmy Queensland, but guess will be a lot harder now getting him to drop his girlfriend Carol Funke. Oh Grace, I guess you was right from the start, now I messed up everything.” She took a short moment and then said more cheerful “At least I got a wonderful son now”

M2n8eEf.jpg

Gregg trained very hard and his physical form improved fast, sadly there is more to road racing that just power, but he slowly advanced inside the team, still amongst the domestics as that call it, but now allowed to do a little bit on his own. His paycheck also slightly better.

qwAS2FZ.jpg

One evening while Gregg was still at the centre pounding his bike trainer. I watched an episode of Rescue 911 where this firefighter Brian, saved several people on a single work day. I thought to myself that with a military background that might just be what I was looking for.

I quit the military and started as a footwoman at the fire station, and I liked it. Lots of new people to get to know and even Gregg’s father and mother were hanging out there sometimes. It was long working hours but with Gregg also working a lot it was fine.

GmMjyko.jpg

Knowing that Vallari might be a bit jealous or at least angry with Janis. Robert took time out to visit her from time to time, just as to say don’t worry it is only natural good friends can meet and have fun without anything dirty going on. At the same time also to convince her to not feel old and encourage her to dress up, feel good and maybe get a nice hair colour or cut if she liked.

After a few times where Robert thought she was still a bit down, she started to look more confidence, smile more and seemingly feel much better. Robert though to himself that it was time to invite them both over and hope for a great reunion.

i8gahW9.jpg

End of chapter 4

Comments

@DivaDoodle: Great update.
    I like Leelu but have to say not overly impressed with are painting.
    Ivy with some funny faces at the first meeting, later looking very cool.
    No! Daydream you are not marrying Cabana! He doesn't want to marry a teenager! Why do you want to marry an older man? Oh. no. no. yes seems to be no limits to what is on the mind of those “sims” surely born shameless.
    He will fulfill a wish today cleaning! don’t think I have every had that one myself.

@permanentrose
    Nothing seems to stop little Bunny when her mind is set.

Grace reading technical manuals form the Woo Woo 4000 fire truck
    rkb7cYy.jpg

@Silverofdreams30 Happy Christmas on the 24th in beautiful Sweden!

Thank you for commenting on my game I am so happy you are enjoying it! <3

@Karritz yes! I will write that in today, I was too tired to do much more last night, I was

surprised at my mismanagement of time and mad at the naming!

my husband thinks the name is hilarious and thinks I should keep the name! He is so silly! :D

@Tamijo Thank you so for the lovely comments! Yes I agree they're shameless wild heathens! :D

Ah poor Leelu is only at level one painting, if even that!

I share that with you, Tamijo! I never actually wish, nor have a longing to clean ha ha ha

Great Update I really enjoyed it! and your beautiful clear pictures as well!

~~~Oh the wedding cakes and wedding arches come from Generations pack. I believe the churches

and wedding venues are player created.

@Sorak4 Alice is beautiful!

"You know, if Elvira's clone is herself, does that make her sister a daughter too? I'm confused, and probably looking

at this too deeply." I am curious about this too! what does the game say is their relationship?

Elvira's expressions are the Best! :D

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @GraceyManor
    Ohh...so

By advanced wedding i ment having people attend in a church (did you do that or is it a game thing) , the wedding cake - none of that in my game.

By afterlife stuff I was thinking about Vampires, Werewolves, Witches, Fairies other fantasy creatures you won't meet on you daily shopping.

I’m sorry I’m pretty dense at the moment I’m still not getting it.😹 I’m pretty sure wedding cake came with the base game.
    edited December 2020
    @DivaDoodle: Guess i will take a deeper look at that generation pack (Christmas present for self maybe)
    Can accept the fact that my girl should marry without a cake.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story
    Is it Fate?

https://youtu.be/yyn7_u-sha8

After walking through the park, Damien and Mary sit on one of the benches. He wraps his arm around her gathering her next to him. “Are you warm enough?
    “Yes, those fires are awesome. I’ve never seen them before.”
    “I arranged for the groundskeeper to provide them. I wanted us to be comfortable and not have to hurry home because of being cold.”
    50686984348_f09f3024a2_o.jpg

“I’ve had a wonderful evening with you.” Warmth from the fires match the passion in his heart as he nestles her next to him. “I hope I don’t scare you away. I have so much I want to say to you.”
    Mary listens to Damien, hope pounding in her heart. She knows she has fallen for Damien. He is the light to her darkness. She is terrified at the same time. She does not want to burden him with this half-life she has. At the same time, she does not want to lose him. She cannot help but feel anger and resentment towards the Fates and yet, if they had not done this to her she would not have Damien in her life. Mary feels terrifyingly empty at that thought. I guess I need to consider the Fates understood what they were doing condemning me to this half-life so I could ultimately meet Damien. Perhaps, I should be thanking them, rather than ranting about them. I've heard they work in mysterious ways that only they can discern.
    50687734086_5a3f95af0d_o.jpg

"Perhaps the simplest way is to show you how I feel."
    He takes her hands and brings her to her feet. He leans forward and tenderly kisses her lips.
    He wraps his arms around her caressing her back as he deepens the kiss showing her his love and need for her with his kisses.
    Mary's arms find their way around him, and she returns his kiss with increasing passion.
    Hope and happiness flare in Damien's heart as she returns his kisses.
    Neither wants to stop kissing and Damien murmurs "I could kiss your sweet lips the rest of the night," and proceeds to do that.
    50686983458_b050049cc3_o.jpg
    50686983183_52845c5a0e_o.jpg
    50687731516_32bd740059_o.jpg

They finally come up for air. Both are breathing heavily. Mary shyly looks down a blush rushing to her cheeks. Damien captures her face in his hands wanting her eyes on him. He needs to see her face when he tells her with his words what his kisses just said.
    "Mary, I love you. You are mine. You are my heart, my soul. I cherish you and need you in my life. I think I knew that you were the one before I even met you. I feel like we are meant to be together, in this time and this place. My dearest Mary, I want to marry you. I want to have babies with you. I love you so very much. Your kisses tell me you have some feeling for me. Please give me hope."
    50686981298_b88f155bd3_o.jpg

Mary's heart is filled with happiness and joy. Damien loves her, and she knows she loves him so much. She smiles softly at him reaching out to him, wanting more of his kisses. "Damien, I love you. You are the light in my life, taking the darkness away from my soul. I want you more than anything else in the world. You want babies with me? I want babies with you too! Are you sure?" She places her hands on his face watching as happiness blooms on his face with her words.
    Damien feels on top of the world. He can't stop the smile that spreads across his face and the joy in his heart. "I've never been more positive of anything in my life!"
    50751119161_ced4a4d6fb_o.jpg
    50751119096_37507a9547_o.jpg

Mary exuberantly jumps into Damien's arms. "Yes, yes, yes," she shouts!
    He embraces her tightly, kissing her thoroughly while in his arms. He slides her back down, and the kissing goes on and on.
    50686980278_bcd24e6412_o.jpg
    50687730381_cf910d3de2_o.jpg

Holding her hand, he gives her one last kiss. He can't seem to stop kissing her. His voice husky with desire he asks her, "shall we go home?"
    Breathlessly, she whispers, "yes."
    50686978923_3333fdb04b_o.jpg
    50687809147_fae219be3e_o.jpg

They arrive back at the house and Mary slides off the back of the motorcycle reluctantly letting go of his waist. Damien helps her take off her helmet and stows it. He kisses her with so much love and passion she is surprised the snow doesn’t melt around them. He groans. “Too bad you can’t teleport us to the bedroom.”
    Mary blinks and shakes her head trying to clear her mind from wanting Damien. She grins suddenly. “I guess I didn’t tell you all the tricks I can do.”
    50751416336_b17545ebc7_o.jpg
    50751556231_a172349e3e_o.jpg
    50751662577_132c1fce95_o.jpg

In that very instant they are standing in his bedroom still in each other's arms. “Love that trick,” he exclaims! He embraces her capturing her lips for more of her addictive kisses.
    50751556066_ee98455ca4_o.jpg
    50751662447_cac3dfa071_o.jpg
    @Tamijo thanks for the feedback on the video. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I am totally self taught with making the videos so I'm surprised and pleased you thought the technical quality was above your expectations. I have improved a lot over the years. I use Adobe Premier Elements to make the videos.

I have experience with music but not with recording or using it in videos. I have been known to load a video to YouTube and watch it and not like the music so make changes and reload before making it public. I just do all the adjustments in Premier Elements. While I'm happy with the results I'm getting I probably won't try to do any tutorials on the subject to do more with it. I'm hoping to get the sound right before loading to YouTube - the latest video didn't need to be replaced. I do struggle with my microphone still. I got a new one a few months ago but it needs a much better pop filter.

I had been hoping my son would record some of his classical guitar music for me to use and that might have taken some more work getting it into the videos but he is never happy with the technical aspects of his recordings so I eventually gave up on that idea and now use music I've downloaded from the YouTube archive.

I enjoyed your story. Loved the reference to Queensland and the Australian flag.

@Sorak4 as usual I am intrigued with your vampires.

@bekkasan nice update with Mary and Damien.

@DivaDoodle I understand being too tired to deal with a name change. I agree with your husband - it's hilarious - but I agree with you it might be hilarious but much easier to manage posting the story with a name you choose yourself.

I'm going to do a bit more on my next video now.

Happy Simming all.
    edited December 2020
    @Tamijo I forgot you mentioned that you didn't know the basis of my 30 Grandchildren Badge story.

As you may know, there are badges you can achieve while playing The Sims 3. I have found these badges very helpful over the years whenever I get to a point where I don't know what different things I could do with the game. I started looking at the badges and they are full of challenges to get you using aspects of the game that you may not be aware of existing. Plus, for the first few badges you get an award to add to your game, such as a new toddler outfit, a book case and a computer and a bar-b-que plus a few other things.

The 30 Grandchildren (Head of the Household Badge) follows on (in my mind) from the badge that requires you to have a sim have 15 children. Neither of those badges are easy to get.

It took me years to finally get the badge for my sim having 15 children.

I've never managed to get the Head of the Household badge, and I've never tried to do it before. It is notoriously difficult to get. But it is possible.

From my research it seems you must never activate a different household while the grandchildren are being born. So I'll be staying with Gerri, alone in her house, while the grandchildren are being born.

If there are any grandchildren born while I'm moving her children out to their own homes those grandchildren won't be included in the count. I know there will be a few that won't count as at least one has already been born. The game will make it happen and I don't plan to turn that off with a mod.

Once everyone has their own home I will go back to Gerri, log into the website and start using a mod to pollinate all 15 of the new couples. Hopefully I'll only need to do this twice since there will be 15 couples and we only need 30 grandchildren.

Then, while still logged into the site Gerri needs to have another child. Once that happens the badge should be awarded.

I used a mod to give Gerri the 15 children to start with. And I used Tony McLean as the donor sim to produce the babies. It all happened on one sim day. Gerri and Tony are both still young adults so there shouldn't be a problem getting one more baby for them using a mod. Or apparently Gerri can just adopt a child. I've read that works too.

Happy Simming

EDIT: Using a mod, I could have done all of this in one or two sim days - but I decided to make a game out of it and actually play with them before trying for the grandchildren.
    edited December 2020
    DivaDoodle wrote: »

Oh but he wasn't MY heart throb hahaha those songs don't ring a bell. lets see my early 70's <3 that would be oh lawd So many: Jim Morrison, Elvis Presley, David Bowie, Jimmy Hendrix, All of the Led Zeplin guys especially Jimmy Page, Neil Young, Richard Wright & Roger Waters and well let's face it All those Pink Floyd guys. and probably more!

If the music and lyrics got into my very bones then I was in love! and if they had long hair I loved them more hahaha I really liked their music into the 80's too (those that didn't die ) Then I turned into the disco queen and my silver fox was my Disco King :D that man still has the moves too!

of the 70's girls I liked and wanted to BE: Janis Joplin, Ann Wilson & Nancy Wilson of Heart. Grace Slick, and Janis Ian. yep all rolled into One. then in the mid 70's I only wanted to be ME. finally lol

Funny, that you mention all that "around the 70's" music. As my story is full of clues to that period in rock music.

Janis Joplin of course and Grace (called Slick) Robert Fripp is (said to be ) the founder of progressive/symphonic rock. Forming King Crimson in 1969, David surname in the game is Bowie (just not sure it was mentioned in the story), also the Led Zeppelin song as chapter title.
    The last chapter Childhood's End / The Dreaming: "Childhoods End" is a track from Pink Floyd album Obscured by Clouds, "The Dreaming" a Kate Bush album from 1982. Chapters Book Paintings etc. very often with music hints, mainly from that period

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top