Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blocked By Nothing?

Hi Everyone,

I've recently started up a new save, built them a house from scratch, etc. Although most of the gameplay is fun, I've run into this weird issue that I think may possibly be a bug?

There is absolutely nothing blocking either side of the bathroom door and yet 75% of the time, my sims will not exit because they say they can't reach it/ something is blocking it?

Anyone have this issue? Any solutions? I've tried deleting the door and replacing it, tried changing the direction the door opens...

Here is a pic (although I now realize the headline didn't show up in capture)... Basically, the sim complaining that they can't get to the door because it is blocked.

20LKBhL.png

Anyone have any idea what to do?
F8wHsKZ.png

Comments

• james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    testingcheats on
    then left click on sim then reset object it might say sim. Try that.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Do you have a ceiling light on the other side of the door? have had problems with that in the past. Does it happen with an arch?
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I had this problem in the Goth's bathroom until I moved things around. It made no sense. I would try moving the sink further away from the door and see if that helps.
  • ElisetomElisetom Posts: 70 Member
    @RedShoe7, I had the same problem in the Goth's insuite bath! I moved the loveseat a little further and changed the door direction. At least there, it solved the issue.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I also want to say ceiling light, those are often the culprit.
    Have you tried the "go here" interaction on the other side of the door? The door itself may not actually be blocked. I've sometimes ran into sims doing this because the place they're going to is blocked, or the patching to get there and use that object is too complex. Whereas a "go here" in front of the object they have to use works fine. As in "from my current position in the upstairs bathroom I can see that I won't be able to use the TV in the man cave in the basement. But I can get to the basement just fine and use the tv after I get there."
    Don't ask me why the game is like this, but it's just something I've run into a few times
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Sometimes I find that you just have to delete the items and then place them again and then they "reset." I did this with a set of stairs that my sims suddenly couldn't use though there was nothing blocking them, but when I deleted the the stairs and then put them in again, they could use them again
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited December 2020
    Here is the bug report for it, please click Me Too on the first post in it:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Routing-Fails-while-trying-to-leave-enter-room-Agave-Abode/td-p/8008615

On the lots mentioned in the thread it was enough for me to open BB mode and then close it, to resolve the issue. There might be more workarounds in the thread.
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    edited December 2020
    Im pretty sure the problem is happening because you have everything too close. Just imagine the green arrow where it is when you place the objects. Make the room just a little bigger and separate the sink from the door a little more. And of course, if you using the move objects cheat that causes many problems in paths and blocking issues.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I notice the room is on the edge of the house so it's also worth checking the roof isn't impeding it. Some times they can be a bit funky.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'll go with the check ceiling light placement -- also if you used MOO to place something near the door that could also be causing routing errors even if it's not really blocking anything.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    I'll go with the check ceiling light placement -- also if you used MOO to place something near the door that could also be causing routing errors even if it's not really blocking anything.

This is something I've often found to be the cause of issues! Something in a room next door, MOO'd into a place where its footprint intersects into the problem room causes routing/item use issues on occasion. Can be the ceiling light, like mentioned upthread, sometimes it's just houseplants that otherwise wouldn't sit flush.

@s33man , have you tried placing your door centrally on the wall and seeing if that helps? Looks like a 3-tile width room, and clear enough on the inside to place the door on the 2nd (middle) tile. If it works when you do that, it probably found the door placement "too close" to other objects, such as the bath.
  • RoboticHatRoboticHat Posts: 35 Member
    Have you tried deleting the entire wall? Never seen this before, but Sims loves their glitches
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Change the door to open the other way
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Have the same problem in several bathrooms in my sims houses - no ceiling light, no MOO used - only things even in the bathroom are toilet, sink and tub/shower. Even tried replacing the door with an arch and removing the door - problem continues. Have had to cheat teleport my sims out of the bathroom. Oddly enough - sometimes there is no problem (they can use the bathroom just fine) and then suddenly there is (they can't get out). Routing in generally has been getting much worse lately.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    There's been massive routing issues since the platform update, I find a lot that sims can't do things they used to be able to do and now they'll just wave their hands around
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    s33man wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I've recently started up a new save, built them a house from scratch, etc. Although most of the gameplay is fun, I've run into this weird issue that I think may possibly be a bug?

There is absolutely nothing blocking either side of the bathroom door and yet 75% of the time, my sims will not exit because they say they can't reach it/ something is blocking it?

Anyone have this issue? Any solutions? I've tried deleting the door and replacing it, tried changing the direction the door opens...

Here is a pic (although I now realize the headline didn't show up in capture)... Basically, the sim complaining that they can't get to the door because it is blocked.

20LKBhL.png

Anyone have any idea what to do?

From that pic, it looks like there is something right at the edge of the door on the other side. Try sliding the door over just a little and see if that helps.