Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This bug is 4 years old. Why?

ValmontValmont Posts: 105 Member
So this "compel for a deep drink" queue bug is going to complete 4 years old next january... why they dont fix it? Is this beyond their means or they just care more about selling chairs?

This is no minor, hidden, circunstancial bug... it happens every time a vampire compels another sim... its the main thing vampires do and if i recall... that dlc wasnt free :D So why? Why EA?

Have they no shame?

4qbP17z.png

Comments

• Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited December 2020
    *acts surprised* EA always fix bugs ASAP!

Edited: On serious note, they really need to fix this broken game
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2020
    Selling chairs means more to them yes!

The Sims 4 has tons of bugs that are left unfixed. My sims have been eating spoiled food since the release of Island Living and before somebody steps in and tells me it’s always been like this no it hasn’t. Hugging pets has an horrific looking visual glitch with the sims arms and it’s been this way since forever, left unfixed.

Check the bug forum. It’s full of unfixed bugs and glitches that were reported over the years and still remain unfixed. There is no way they can’t know about all these bugs and glitches. They’re ignoring them. LittleMsSam had a mod fix for the spoiled food issue since within a week or two of it’s appearance. Why it’s still not been fixed by EA is questionable.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2020
    At this point it's pointless expecting anything from them, they only ever bother to fix the most complained about issues and everything else just gets put on a long list and ignored. There's so many bugs that would be easy fixes but they just can't be bothered so they just sit there being completely ignored and never getting fixed.

Could try tagging them in it on twitter, but I've been doing that for months and have been completely ignored every time. There's clearly not enough resources dedicated to bug fixes and communication from the bug fixing team is a joke. It's best to just learn to ignore the bug and just avoid it as it's probably never gonna get fixed unless there's outrage over it, same as so many other issues just shoved on their list and ignored.
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    $20 for the Bugfixes DLC.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    $20 for the Bugfixes DLC.

Don’t give them ideas. :D
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Is this the bug where your vampire "compels a deep drink" to one sim, most of the time in my game it's a stranger, but they always seem to drink from someone they know if they're near?
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @Onverser Apart from SimGuruNick, who’d be the best SimGuru to ask about bugs? I still need some kind of answer about the alien face glitch, but so far he hasn’t responded to any of my Tweets.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Ea encourages devs to tweet more on Twitter than to fix bugs :D
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Their track record clearly shows they (as in the ones who call the shots) don't care unless it's absolutely 'mission critical'. = what is the impact on the bottom line?
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Unfortunately, I don't play vampires enough to understand what the bug is you are speaking of but it seems the action gets stuck in the queue even after the action is complete? Is that right? This also happens with another action I do use a lot. I can't remember what at the moment, but I reset my sim to get rid of it.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    ValmontValmont Posts: 105 Member
    edited December 2020
    It comes to the point where the more dlcs you have the more bugs you get. Its in their best interest to fix this mess... Should potential costumers learn this truth such thing would hurt their business as well.

Theres no law defining what is a malfunctioning video game and this industry sure takes advantage of that but boy... this is beyond unscrupulous, were talking bugs that arent addressed at all after several years.

These vampires bug the queue when they feed! OMG when they feed! They bug it for 4 years, this is absurd.

How dare they waste time and resources adding ugly and weird skin tones that are pratically copy and paste witth less or more saturation of the old tones? Removing the coolest splash screen this series ever had and replacing it with something that resembles a origin page?

Do they mean to trick us into believing such things add content at all? Do they take us for complete fools?!? This is such a mockery!

I hope Paralives teaches them a lesson. Theres a new sims game coming and its made with the same love and creativity freedom the old sims games used to have. This old and decrepit monopoly is finally coming to an end and its dying with this hideous aberration called the sims 4.

The market itself is finally going to deliver some justice, this is poetic justice.

EA you have it coming!
    Post edited by Valmont on
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Hugging pets has an horrific looking visual glitch with the sims arms and it’s been this way since forever, left unfixed.

Now graphic glitches are worst. I usually never experimented more than one or two animation glitches before the latest patches (yes the hugging pets is one of them) but now, my sims constantly are stuck on poses from previous actions, after drinking or eating, even doing some gardening actions. Its not really funny when it happens...
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2020
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @Onverser Apart from SimGuruNick, who’d be the best SimGuru to ask about bugs? I still need some kind of answer about the alien face glitch, but so far he hasn’t responded to any of my Tweets.

I'd also like to know, I've been tagging him for months now and still nothing. I haven't seen anyone else that deals with bugs on twitter which is disappointing because he ignores 90% of peoples issues and there doesn't seem to be any other way of getting things noticed
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @Onverser I guess we could all become Game Changers. 🙃 Or at least get a Game Changer’s attention, but I don’t know if any of them care about aliens.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!