Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

Comments

• PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    YES
    For me at my age, I'm not sure I want to get involved in a game that will last longer than I do. :| And I'm not sure I want to be reinvesting in the same content I bought several times over since 2000. If Sims 5 comes along, I'll watch it with interest and maybe I'll change my mind, but I'll still enjoy Sims 4; in fact, once I know there'll be no more updates I'll be free to try out CC and even more mods (I should have a computer that can handle all that by then).

I'm 50 and getting ready to go to school next fall for my BAA in Game Development. Age doesn't mean much to me. I love TS and "at my age," I want to be playing TS when 150! Lol

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    NO
    For me at my age, I'm not sure I want to get involved in a game that will last longer than I do. :| And I'm not sure I want to be reinvesting in the same content I bought several times over since 2000. If Sims 5 comes along, I'll watch it with interest and maybe I'll change my mind, but I'll still enjoy Sims 4; in fact, once I know there'll be no more updates I'll be free to try out CC and even more mods (I should have a computer that can handle all that by then).

Maybe I'm not the oldest one here ;)

at 66
  • SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    Undecided.
    What are they offering in this new game ?
    Very simple = all you have to do is vote 'yes' or 'no'.

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

Just a simple poll with an easy vote of yes or no. :)

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

@Catmando I don't think its that simple because a lot goes into a decision like that.
    A person who gets the game as a gift will think different from a person who is spending the money.
    And the person who is spending the money will want to know what they are getting for their money, while the
    person who gets it as a gift doesn't really care what the money is being spent on, they just want to play a game.
    Players who spend the money are are players too will balance out both sides of the decision and land in the middle.
    They will want both a good future game, and want to know what they are getting for their money too.
    This iteration of the game focused on the young school age children who play it, and it should, it is rated teen, but
    they are not the ones who have to spend the money on it. They are only emotionally invested while whoever buys the game
    for them maybe both financially and emotionally invested or just financially invested.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    NO
    SimzSizzle wrote: »

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

@Catmando I don't think its that simple because a lot goes into a decision like that.
    A person who gets the game as a gift will think different from a person who is spending the money.
    And the person who is spending the money will want to know what they are getting for their money, while the
    person who gets it as a gift doesn't really care what the money is being spent on, they just want to play a game.
    Players who spend the money are are players too will balance out both sides of the decision and land in the middle.
    They will want both a good future game, and want to know what they are getting for their money too.
    This iteration of the game focused on the young school age children who play it, and it should, it is rated teen, but
    they are not the ones who have to spend the money on it. They are only emotionally invested while whoever buys the game
    for them maybe both financially and emotionally invested or just financially invested.

The question isn't will you spend the money on it, it is "Do You WANT a Sims 5?"

WANT it - not Buy it, Spend Money on it - WANT it
    YES

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

I agree with @catmando830 it is a very simple question.

The problem is that when people are faced with a very simple straightforward binary question, we automatically start throwing conditions and scenarios in it. The question really is quite simple. Do you want a Sims 5? :smile:

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

The question isn't will you spend the money on it, it is "Do You WANT a Sims 5?"

WANT it - not Buy it, Spend Money on it - WANT it

oh ok. But there are some people who want things because they can buy it. lol just kidding with you. But its true. :D
    edited December 2020

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

The problem is that when people are faced with a very simple straightforward binary question, we automatically start throwing conditions and scenarios in it. The question really is quite simple. Do you want a Sims 5? :smile:

No some people make their decisions in a non binary way, they consider other things while making that decision.
    It doesn't mean one person is right and the other is wrong, it just means we are all different.

eta: Not trying to be rude but what I'm trying to say is for some, certain things factor into their decision making process, and as I stated before of course there are some who will say yes we want it regardless of what.
    They are the younger players.
    YES

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

No some people make their decisions in a non binary way, they consider other things while making that decision.
    It doesn't mean one person is right and the other is wrong, it just means we are all different.

eta: Not trying to be rude but what I'm trying to say is for some, certain things factor into their decision making process, and as I stated before of course there are some who will say yes we want it regardless of what.
    They are the younger players.

I'm sorry but maybe my post wasn't clear because I tried to say exactly what you said. The question was binary but people always come up with scenarios and other factors in their interpretation of the binary question. Which is what you said. So we're in agreement about how people respond to binary questions. :smiley:
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    YES
    I’m having fun with the Sims 4. But I want a Sims 5. I probably wouldn’t get it immediately but I’m still not done with this franchise.
  • volversevolverse Posts: 27 Member
    NO

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

No. I enjoy Sims 4 too much. The Sims are the best in my opinion. I play Sims 3 a lot and like the worlds but the Sims mannerisms and voice put me off. I am also 5 years away from completing the 100 gen legacy achievement (I play on long lol).
    Gallery ID Volverse5
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    NO
    Nope, with me probably being the oldest in this thread, or this franchise, at 72 I am perfectly happy with playing out the Sims 4. I don't even know if I'll be around for Sims 5. :p
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    YES
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Nope, with me probably being the oldest in this thread, or this franchise, at 72 I am perfectly happy with playing out the Sims 4. I don't even know if I'll be around for Sims 5. :p

I awesomed your post because you're 72 and because you love TS4. I did NOT awesome the last bit. You may have another 18 years to go or more! :fingerscrossed:
  • ValmontValmont Posts: 105 Member
    edited December 2020
    NO
    A new sims? If they dont hire a new dev team... I hope not. Gone are the times sims games aimed fun, quality and enjoyment. The last dlcs proved to be... very disapointing.

New players might think this is nonsense but back in the days of the other sims games each dlc was fully fleshed out adding tons of content, tons of details, it was truly amazing stuff... the depth this game had... it felt like it was developed by The Sims players since it had so much love.

We do get new and pretty worlds nowadays but... this game has lost its soul.

Even if somehow they hire new devs with passion and love for this game, I doubt EA would give them the same freedom to be as creative as the old devs. Of course Id really really love to see a new the sims games that turns out to be amazing like before but... I find that something so unlikely to happen.

Im 100% sure if EA plans on releasing a new sims game its going to be another multiplayer rubish game since they think "all single player games are dead" (besides cyberpunk proving them completely wrong :D ) And if you think "multiplayer games" you sure they gonna add tons of microtransactions. Its a given, this is the future.

No offense but nowadays the player base has no standards. Its going to be a success no matter how awful and lame such a "new the sims game" turns out to be. For that reason Im also 100% sure its going to suck. If they make money sellin junk why polish it at all? Its against common sense, in what concerns business practices...

I think the future is grim for this franchise but you know what... theres competition coming. Maybe that will change things. Who knows?
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    NO
    Sims 4 has so many problems not to mention it is clear the franchise is a shell of what it used to be. Gameplay has been phased out for what amounts to pretty set dressing. Builders and CAS players have so much available to them, but what about the storytellers? Mods are needed for basic things that were previously in the original games or in reasonably full packs. I see Sims 5 being microtransaction central and having even more of what made the sims great stripped away. I personally do not intend to invest in Sims 5.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    YES
    There should've been an 'Other' or "It Depends" option.

I wanna see a Sims 5, but only if it's gonna be an actual improvement from Sims 4... which means EA will learn from every mistake they made in Sims 4 and WON'T repeat it all in Sims 5... however, I see very little to no chance of this actually happening. The route The Sims franchise is headed truly worries me. It's slowly becoming a microtransaction game with promotional gimmicks (like the Star Wars cringe pack). Also, they're aiming the game at obnoxious tweens, which is becoming more and more annoying with every pack. The game is becoming out of touch with its actual base... and it's truly irritating. EA is trying so hard to stay "mainstream" and "cool", despite the fact that most players don't want that. Keeping up with the latest trends is NOT always a good thing!

Either way, the franchise is clearly going downhill... yes, I personally do enjoy The Sims 4, but disagree with MANY of the choices EA has made with it! I can't imagine Sims 5 being much better if THIS is how the franchise is gonna be from now on... which is why I'm excited and looking forward to Paralives, honestly. It looks very promising and could end up being a great substitute for The Sims once EA milks it to death and eventually has it experience the same fate as SimCity.

Cities Skylines took the city simulator crown from SimCity... here's hoping Paralives destroys The Sims!

Also, before anyone tries to shame or guilt me for saying this kind of thing, save it! EA literally put this on themselves! If their biggest cash cow actually gets destroyed by Paralives, they'll literally have nobody but themselves to blame. EA can easily keep The Sims alive by simply listening to their fans, but refuse to do so... they'd rather just keep creating things THEY want, while ignoring everything the fans have been asking for since the beginning! EA is literally doing this to themselves.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    YES
    Of course. I have been here since the very first day and that's all that matters for me to want a Sims game despite how much they have ruined this franchise and game making the passed 10 years.
    Saying that The Sims 5 shouldn't come, because The Sims 4 is terrible is not a sacrifice I will make. They ruined it, but I still want a good game. Now, will that happen? Doubt it.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    NO
    No. At least, not yet. 4 has so much potential, if they’d only fix it and add certain things.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    YES
    Yeah, I want to see what they'll bring to the table with Sims 5 and whether it will be worth buying. I wouldn't necessarily say I forget Sims 4 exists but it's not on my mind like Sims 3 and Sims 2 are and that's odd for me, especially considering it's the current one.

If I'm not playing The Sims, I want to be playing The Sims. Even if I'm playing another game and I'm enjoying it, there's always that craving or that little voice in the back of my mind going 'Let's play Sims 3' or 'Work on that CC folder and let's play Sims 2'. I've rarely if ever had that feeling with Sims 4 and I hope that feeling returns for me with Sims 5.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    NO
    Under EA? No.

If a different company took over, possibly.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »

I awesomed your post because you're 72 and because you love TS4. I did NOT awesome the last bit. You may have another 18 years to go or more! :fingerscrossed:
    Yeah I think the world record is a 90 year old gamer now. There is I think she's 84 year old grandmother that plays Animal Crossing too. I think gaming is great for keeping the mind and memory going.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A5XlyF7UY8
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    YES
    That's awesome! I have a record to beat! Hey Grandma, wait up!!!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    NO
    No. I'll stick to Sims 4 as long as I'm able to, before it's shelved and forgotten. I'm too old to start again and like this iteration.