Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Public affection between strangers: It is disgusting. A bug or new trend?

So, since the last update I noticed that my sims are getting public affection from completely strangers like kissing hands, kissing on the lips, and in the neck. I find it disgusting, but I am not sure if this is a bug or something new from that update. If so, I completely reject it. For example, two of my sims got married and out of the blue comes this another sim and kissed on of my sims in the mouth without the other one getting upset about it. Then, my sims met a new neighbor and this neighbor takes her hands and began kissing. What is that?

Comments

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I like stuff like that---I'm all for anything that adds unpredictability to an otherwise predictable game
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Do you have Eco Lifestyle? Sounds like maybe it’s the Free Love NAP.
  • Options
    Zagatta7Zagatta7 Posts: 229 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    Do you have Eco Lifestyle? Sounds like maybe it’s the Free Love NAP.

Yes, I have the Eco Lifestyle. Is there a way to fix that?
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I love the Free Love NAP.

Turn off NPC Voting in settings if you don't want random NAP's to be voted forth. Repeal the ones that have. You will see which ones if you check Neighborhood Action Plans on a mailbox or NAP board at a Community Space lot. Your sim has to live in the neighborhood they want to repeal a NAP in.
  • Options
    I love the Free Love NAP.

Turn off NPC Voting in settings if you don't want random NAP's to be voted forth. Repeal the ones that have. You will see which ones if you check Neighborhood Action Plans on a mailbox or NAP board at a Community Space lot. Your sim has to live in the neighborhood they want to repeal a NAP in.

Thank you!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The Free Love Nap is the only one that I like 💖
  • Options
    Lol I guess I am more on the unflirty side.
  • Options
    I think some of them are funny, and it is a great idea. I hope they continue to develop it to make it more worth while to enact most of them, as it is the Free Love is the most thought through one.

It would be nice with some sort of combination of the NAP's and the Global Policies from the conservationist career.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I have definitely noticed more variety in the autonomy since the last update! I'm enjoying my sims behaviors a lot more. I don't use NAPs so I can't comment on how those are going.
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Free Love NAP is so awesome!! I was blow away when Moose Dubros went to Travis Scott home and kissed him at the front door ❤️ (to be honest, the only NAP I repeal it is sharing is caring)
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I had that the other day, my sim kissed her friend on the lips just like that, and then two minutes after she kisses her friend's sister on the lips too, I was like "What the.....?!" :lol:

There was the romance channel on a tv nearby, maybe it's why she did that ? Still, that's kinda weird.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Yes, I think Sharing is Caring needs to be reflected upon a bit; when sims nab the required items from lots it can create problems, and I spend too much time on my builds to allow any quick fingers to ruin them. I have Free Love in almost every neighborhood though, it is a great way of overcoming the innate jealousy sims otherwise are displaying.

I will also try to have each of the others in one neighborhood at least, to create some political differentiation in my world.
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I had that the other day, my sim kissed her friend on the lips just like that, and then two minutes after she kisses her friend's sister on the lips too, I was like "What the.....?!" :lol:

There was the romance channel on a tv nearby, maybe it's why she did that ? Still, that's kinda weird.

Hahaha I can see that. Gross :D
  • Options
    RoboticHatRoboticHat Posts: 35 Member
    It is weird. The bartender at my sims wedding was flirting with the bride lol