Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot types are pointless. Change it and offer new LOT TRAITS

DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
edited December 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
First off, about Lot Assignments:

1. I propose making the list of required object be optional (recommendations): what player defines a lounge, nightclub or bar is up to their interpretation. Also, players want freedom/sandbox.

2. Each lot type should respectively affect Sims motive and advertise specific behavior, both of which encourage a Sim to do:
setting it up as a restaurant Sims come with half hunger depleted meter, therefor eating is advertised; nightclub for fun and social, hangout social, lounge - energy (only resting allowed) and social, hotels/campground - energy (sleep). If not, remove lot types altogether (if not modt) and replace jt with another lot name system where you can add the second name to the lot that has a character name (basically "customized lot types" but in a form of 2nd lot name). The lot type would be editable String where players can change it to a "Bar", "NightClub" or even include those that hadn't been in a game so far such as "graveyard" or "laundrymat"

3. Additional Lot Traits: these would set what kind of quo/personality Sims arrive to a particular lot. This would be useful like setting a gay club exclusive only to non-heteros or retiremenet home / bingo "house" for elderly). Active Sims can still come to this lot or invite someone else, but NPC would never or very unlikely come to these lots. Think of it like being TS3 entry-to-barrier system or TS2 customer selector mod. Age, gender, life state, celebrity status, animal quo, gender, sexual orientation and etc. can be set what kind of Sims will be pulled more to a lot.

If you want these idea to be seen, pester the link of this thread to devs on twitter to see it.
NNpYlHF.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    I have similar feedback, so I'll piggyback it here. I have been very frustrated lately with the interaction between lot types and lot traits, specifically, the ways that lot traits are restricted for certain lot types. Why can't my vacation rental be off-the-grid? Why can't my restaurant be cat-friendly if I choose? These restrictions seem pointless, especially in a sandbox game. While I would be happy with the restrictions simply being removed, replacing lot types with lot traits entirely would also solve the problem, so I'm happy to support your suggestion, too.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    The restrictions and required objects can be useful if you are learning (or for making sure you remembered a toilet). I do agree however, that maybe instead of making items "required" they could be just suggested. That way too, a bar isn't necessarily broken if a klepto sim takes the radio.

There shouldn't be restrictions on any of the lot traits either. Not sure why that is even a thing. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I like the lot types, and the game help of pointing out which items will make them work; and I like that there are two systems to create behaviours for sims on lots. More lot types and lot traits would be nice though.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Too late to change it all now. The only lot type I didn't find much use for was the Generic one until I stuck a church on it and found it was good for learning musical instruments etc., without being interrupted by visiting Sims. Learn the organ (from Vampires), piano, violin extra fast!. Mixology in the basement and then change to café for worship and socials with tea's and coffees after in the crypt!
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I agree. Lots traits have so much potential. Unfortunately, the only Lot Traits we have are incredibly boring. Some of the ones from City Living are OK, but I don't think any of the Lot Traits make a huge amount of difference.

I would love Lot Traits like the ones you suggested, like "Elder" to make an elderly center, "Children" could be like a play center for kids, or "Gay/LGBTQI" to make a club or hangout spot for them. I would also love if the "Teen Hangout" lot trait actually had teens come to the lot, instead of just walking by. Traits like "Teen ONLY", "Adults ONLY", or "Elder ONLY" would be much appreciated too. I'm also sick of teens going to nightclubs and bars, there should be some way to keep them out.

I also think we should just have multipurpose lots by now, so a restaurant and bowling alley in one building. We do need more lot types too, like Graveyard, laundromat. I would also love just a Community Center, Hangout spot that doesn't revolve around drinking, something kids or teens could do.
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I would like a system where we choose the main object Sims will use. I tried making an ice skating rink and set it to generic, but the place was empty, so I changed it to a nightclub, but not many Sims will use the ice skating rink.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I have been very frustrated lately with the interaction between lot types and lot traits, specifically, the ways that lot traits are restricted for certain lot types. Why can't my vacation rental be off-the-grid? Why can't my restaurant be cat-friendly if I choose? These restrictions seem pointless, especially in a sandbox game.

I'm not happy with those restrictions either. I wanted to make a rental lot where my Sims can experience off-the-grid living while on holiday, but I can't do that and I don't see any reason why not. Also I want to be able to make any lot near the ocean an oceanic paradise, but that lot trait isn't even an option for any lot types.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos