Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A curious question about werewolves

Comments

• Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I don't really care.
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Yes, 100%. But I'd like it if they added a toggle for the non-occult players, and also I want them to have a power ranking system like Spellcasters and Vampires do, not just pre-set powers like Mermaids and Aliens.

And it'd be great if they could weave in some interconnection with the vampires pack, with rivalries and such. They won't, though.

But why would you buy a pack for werewolves if you dont want them, my guess is, if they are going too bring werewolves it will be a pack with just them in it, it's the same with vampires, yet some people bought that pack not wanting vampires then ruined the gameplay for people that wanted them by complaining

Because it's apparently "unfair" to lock really cool B/B and CaS items behind a focused pack don't cha know? I mean the whole intentioned idea behind the occult specific packs is so that the people who were strict realism players, could keep their games occult free. But of course, like always the plan backfired when people brought said specialized packs because they wanted said pretty B/B and CaS items, only to then turn around and be all "waaaah! I dun want vampires in muh realistic game!! waaaaaah!" which ended up defeating the purpose of the occult focused packs, because they then got nerfed into the ground that it rendered them pointless. But hey, as long as the vocal minority is happy, I guess everything is fine /s.

Sorry, didn't mean to go on a rant there.

Makes me rant too, I'm still sour about this 🤣, its titled vampires, what did they expect too be in it lol, buying a game pack or expansion packs just for items and cas is rather expensive, that's what stuff packs are for

It is indeed tilting, like the occult state is separated from an Expansion Pack so they could be fleshed out and optional, but because some people have nos effing self-control we still end up with people complaining about having Vampires in their game when they paid for it as a feature. Honestly makes me wish the Guru's had ignored the people who had complained.

Exactly well they bought the pack, it's their fault 😂, I can understand people complaining about mermaids and aliens in the sims 4 but vampires and spellcasters, no you bought them and nobody forced you to @halloweenchild
  • Options
    carpekatcarpekat Posts: 6 New Member
    I don't really care.
    I don't really have strong feelings one way or the other. I don't typically play with occult Sims, but I feel like werewolves would fit in nicely with the witches, vampires, and mermaids we already have in game.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Yes!
    Oooh, I so need well made werewolves, yesyesyes.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yes!
    Yes, 100%. But I'd like it if they added a toggle for the non-occult players, and also I want them to have a power ranking system like Spellcasters and Vampires do, not just pre-set powers like Mermaids and Aliens.

And it'd be great if they could weave in some interconnection with the vampires pack, with rivalries and such. They won't, though.

But why would you buy a pack for werewolves if you dont want them, my guess is, if they are going too bring werewolves it will be a pack with just them in it, it's the same with vampires, yet some people bought that pack not wanting vampires then ruined the gameplay for people that wanted them by complaining

Because it's apparently "unfair" to lock really cool B/B and CaS items behind a focused pack don't cha know? I mean the whole intentioned idea behind the occult specific packs is so that the people who were strict realism players, could keep their games occult free. But of course, like always the plan backfired when people brought said specialized packs because they wanted said pretty B/B and CaS items, only to then turn around and be all "waaaah! I dun want vampires in muh realistic game!! waaaaaah!" which ended up defeating the purpose of the occult focused packs, because they then got nerfed into the ground that it rendered them pointless. But hey, as long as the vocal minority is happy, I guess everything is fine /s.

Sorry, didn't mean to go on a rant there.

Makes me rant too, I'm still sour about this 🤣, its titled vampires, what did they expect too be in it lol, buying a game pack or expansion packs just for items and cas is rather expensive, that's what stuff packs are for

It is indeed tilting, like the occult state is separated from an Expansion Pack so they could be fleshed out and optional, but because some people have nos effing self-control we still end up with people complaining about having Vampires in their game when they paid for it as a feature. Honestly makes me wish the Guru's had ignored the people who had complained.

Exactly well they bought the pack, it's their fault 😂, I can understand people complaining about mermaids and aliens in the sims 4 but vampires and spellcasters, no you bought them and nobody forced you to @halloweenchild

Exactly! It's like standing in a fire and then complaining that it's hot...Some people just can't logic. XD
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes!
    They are my most-wanted Occult lifestate.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Yes!
    My Vampires need the Werewolves!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Yes!
    I'd love werewolves.

I want extended families of Werewolves were grandma and Grandpa can still keep the kids in line, even if they've given up the alpha positions to their eldest and their spouse, and weird Uncle Joe serves as the pack omega, and they embody the "no one can pick on my packmates/brothers/cousins but me" mentality, using modern knowledge about wolf pack structure to build werewolf society.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes, but...
    I would like that, for weres to be based on real wolves and wolf pack behaviour, being mild and gentle, caring and calm. No bickering or aggressiveness, just a nice little pack.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Yes!
    I want Werewolves in my game and I want whoever was product lead on Vampires to make Werewolves because Vampires is a darn good pack.

Werewolves are very suited to Sims 4 because of the moodlet based emotion system already present. Introduce moon phases and mood tendencies as the full moon approaches. Pack Leader aspirations, Lone Wolf aspirations and add a Park Ranger career or wildlife preservationist career.

I disagree with any attempt to pre-appease the jaded players that will literally complain about anything. Don't make toggles - just make the pack good.

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Yes!
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    I want Werewolves in my game and I want whoever was product lead on Vampires to make Werewolves because Vampires is a darn good pack.

Werewolves are very suited to Sims 4 because of the moodlet based emotion system already present. Introduce moon phases and mood tendencies as the full moon approaches. Pack Leader aspirations, Lone Wolf aspirations and add a Park Ranger career or wildlife preservationist career.

I disagree with any attempt to pre-appease the jaded players that will literally complain about anything. Don't make toggles - just make the pack good.

*hits Mee Too*
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Yes, but...
    I like the wildlife preservation career idea!

I don’t see the need to call others by name though. Toggles are added for the sake of profit, since a lot of players don’t buy packs if they are too pervasive on gameplay. A toggle for EL NAP NPC voting does not diminish the NAP feature, it removes the autonomous action from inactive sims in particular saves.

A wish for a toggle for vampires, which I would require before buying that pack, or in this case werewolves; is implying that the game has an on/off button for the automatic spawning of vampire sims. It has not to do with quality, but with choice. With it disabled, only the player can create vampiric sims; enabled, the game would fill the world with them.
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    I don't really care.
    I honestly love the vampires, but I'm not really huge on werewolves. They just don't interest me all that much. I don't mind if they add it. I like some weird aspects and I'd probably buy it eventually during a 50% off sale, but it's not something that I'm crazy excited about or really wanted. I'd much rather have the fae.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    No!
    IF they are integrated into a pack I otherwise would want to buy. If they came in a dedicated pack like Vampires, then I wouldn't care because I just wouldn't buy it - the way I didn't buy Vampires.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes, but...
    Make them more wolf-like and less like whatever you would call those ahem, creatures we have in Sims 3.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes!
    I would LOVE that!
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I don't really care.
    It's not in my interest and I would much rather the team prioritizes something else, but I know there are people who want them
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I don't really care.
    I love vampires in TS4, if they made werewolves as a GP with as much development as vamps, I would totally enjoy having them around. But I really hate TS3 werewolves, so they would have to be a little more scary and unpredictable than that...
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No!
    The occult just never are of interest.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    What makes me no want them that much, in the sims game is that they cant really be what there like in films they are too violent for a pgi 12 game 😂, they would be just like a human dog which is more of a joke of them lol, if they do however add them and make them even better than before than yes I'd be happy for them coming back, I personal think that supernatural isnt going too be that big on the sims 4, unfortunately, it wouldn't surprise me if werewolves and fairies dont make a return on the sims 4

I disagree with you. we have vampires that are violent and FEARSOME. And they have cool fighting animation instead of a typical loony fight cloud. It's really depends how you IMPLEMENT them, not because of a dum rating. All devs need to do is just do the same. Also, an interact to sniff out (find) a new aquintance Sim would make them much more useful.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    No!
    Not interested. Did a test in TS2 a while back out of curiosity on Daniel Pleasant. Much ado about nothing is what the whole business seems like. There are much more important things to deal with in this 'game' than adding werewolves.
  • Options
    SimmerBecca4481SimmerBecca4481 Posts: 11 New Member
    Yes!
    Yes! I miss all the supernatural stuff! In some towns I’d turn off the population of I wanted it to be more “secret” or whatever but I miss having werewolves, vampires, witches (Sims 2 and 3 style witches) and even fairies. Also I thought genies were cool with Sims 3 showtime
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Yes!
    Yes, please. I wolf love a pack like this!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Yes!
    EA/Maxis are you working on the werebeasts yet?
    Too many full moons have gone by without them....
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    No!
    Return the Aliens and add a "Option" in game settings for folks that don't want Aliens, Vampires and other odd creatures.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I don't really care.
    I never played with them in TS3, but they are perhaps the only chance to bring back body hair.