Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA got a kpop singer to make a TS4 music video

2...Next

Comments

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    The video used the singing animations from city living. It had people sitting in what looks like a school setting, which we can not do in-game. As soon as I saw that, It did not matter, as the "collab" just became a video of lies.

Yeah, it was pretty deceptive. They showed a classroom at a school, which isn't in game. They also had a concert venue shown with screaming fans, probably more than 20 sims in the crowd. Everything is reused to advertise the game with features that it doesn't have.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    EA seriously has to be the one company that puts more money into their marketing than the development. I would say Activision was the champ at this considering there was a while where every Call of Duty commercial would feature whatever A-List star they could focus on.....But even then Activision was pouring money into the development of Call of Duty at the same time. Whereas EA throws all their money at their marketing team and gives the developers about a thousand dollars and says "Try and do something with this."
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    There is this video that came out this year too:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTpYD0yf81o&feature=youtu.be
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited December 2020
    K-Pop Collab...
    giphy.gif
    This is my reaction but...

tumblr_myazrr9z5I1s391qwo1_400.gif
    The kitty's reaction is MORE persuasive...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    edited December 2020
    EA want to promote worldwide for obvious reasons, so this doesn't really surprise me.

Personally, I used to be a k-pop fan back in the day (TVXQ are still my favourite group ever <3 see my sig...), and I still like listening to those old albums - Super Junior, Girls Generation, Big Bang, 2ne1 etc. So I wouldn't mind a bit of k-pop in the Sims, though I'm not familiar with a lot of the groups around currently. An idol career path would be fun too.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    The collab makes sense k-pop is very popular at the moment in the age demographic ea aim at. I wonder if it may be linked to the next stuff or game pack as it would be a big seller for ea and would make more sense then the Star Wars collab and even moschino. Personally I don’t get the hype with k-pop it sounds like normal pop music and some of it sounds awful. Most current music to me sounds awful so it’s not just k-pop I think it’s because I’m getting older. The fan base on social media reminds me a lot of when one direction were big and everyone was a stan and way ott with everything and any criticism.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    It's a nice song, but it's a shame it's ruined by The Sims 4's glitching backdrops at center focus.

oh so im not the only one completely distracted by the background glitch like huh really u wanted to have that in official vid good going
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    As long as this collab doesn’t take over the ENTIRE THEME of a pack, I’m not bothered. I wasn’t bothered by the free Star Wars stuff. I even used the costumes for Spooky Day sometimes. But ever since JtB, I pretend they don’t exist.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Glitchy background. Weirdly low budget production imo. Don’t like the song, but I’m not a fan of kpop. The visuals are subpar compared to the other ads they make for this game. It looks like a fan made it.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    Saw on twitter that they did another collab with another k-pop person that I really don't care about. It is like they are trying to appeal to a new audience. Fixing core issues with gameplay features instead would be a better way to gain more players, but that would just be common sense.

As much as I love J-Pop K-Pop etc I agree fixing issues in the game will win over more players. Fix what is broken first then worry about adding in content for a niche crowd. I really love K-Pop and J-Pop but it should have been something in the "Get Famous" pack that cost too much for so very little. I could rant on but I won't.

Wait...so you're saying you think this should have been behind a paywall instead of being in a free patch? :open_mouth: Now I've heard everything.

When people start saying Sims 4 content shouldn't be free, things stop making sense.
    #Team Occult
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2020
    bixters wrote: »
    The video used the singing animations from city living. It had people sitting in what looks like a school setting, which we can not do in-game. As soon as I saw that, It did not matter, as the "collab" just became a video of lies.

Yeah, it was pretty deceptive. They showed a classroom at a school, which isn't in game. They also had a concert venue shown with screaming fans, probably more than 20 sims in the crowd. Everything is reused to advertise the game with features that it doesn't have.

It is all possible just exaggerated.(like all ads) I have classrooms in the highschool I built and I use clubs to make it into a class.
    The platforms act as stages and I manually bring in tons of sims to get more crowds.

But yes I can see as someone who doesn't know about sims and are buying based on the ad may be a bit dissapointed it doesn't happen as effortlessly as they show it lol 😅
    But also It's definitely not like those other ads like the underwater one where it doesn't exist at all so I give it a pass 😌

Though I still think the fact that they linked it to a high school student in uniform sitting in class is a hint 🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    LiELF wrote: »
    Saw on twitter that they did another collab with another k-pop person that I really don't care about. It is like they are trying to appeal to a new audience. Fixing core issues with gameplay features instead would be a better way to gain more players, but that would just be common sense.

As much as I love J-Pop K-Pop etc I agree fixing issues in the game will win over more players. Fix what is broken first then worry about adding in content for a niche crowd. I really love K-Pop and J-Pop but it should have been something in the "Get Famous" pack that cost too much for so very little. I could rant on but I won't.

Wait...so you're saying you think this should have been behind a paywall instead of being in a free patch? :open_mouth: Now I've heard everything.

When people start saying Sims 4 content shouldn't be free, things stop making sense.
    I mean it is in both. Sims 4 City Living is full of K-Pop songs and a super popular pack.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited December 2020
    babajayne wrote: »
    As long as this collab doesn’t take over the ENTIRE THEME of a pack, I’m not bothered. I wasn’t bothered by the free Star Wars stuff. I even used the costumes for Spooky Day sometimes. But ever since JtB, I pretend they don’t exist.

exactly.

update?

don't care could be useful out of context like say that black star wars costume i often used for other means

whole pack about kpop?

please no there is loads of other much more useful and cool pack themes we could have instead and if you make pack out of this i will just die of annoyance and haunt the forums as vengeful ghost until next actually useful or wanted pack
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

I mean it is in both. Sims 4 City Living is full of K-Pop songs and a super popular pack.

Oh, of course. But to say that something offered for free should have been in a pack that people have to pay for is kind of odd to me. I don't understand "looking a gift horse in the mouth", so to speak. If something is offered for free, what's the complaint? When something is patched in for free that I don't care for, I just don't use it, unless it's a game-altering mechanic that can't be avoided. This doesn't seem to be the case so I don't see the issue.
    #Team Occult
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    There is this video that came out this year too:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTpYD0yf81o&amp;feature=youtu.be

As curous data, this singer, born just hours before than The Sims 1 release at USA (or later? no sure about time azone differences)

Benee: January 30, 2000 - New Zeland
    TS1: January 31, 2000 - California
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    edited December 2020
    Now I get why EA was quick to get rid of the shrine at Korean player's request. They are actively targeting Korean player by using this kpop idol and it would put all of the marketing down the drain if they kept the shrine and got them upset.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    Now I get why EA was quick to get rid of the shrine at Korean player's request. They are actively targeting Korean player by using this kpop idol and it would put all of the marketing down the drain if they kept the shrine and got them upset.

Yep I thought this too.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    edited December 2020
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    Well targeting customers the USA which I think is a great thing including Korea. They are focusing on stories outside people's comfort zones according to the podcast:
    https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/waypoint-radio/bonus-the-sims-20th-cyVs_6kuJYL/

Personally I don't support idol worshipping, so I am ok with the change. They want the game to resonate globally with everyone. They even have programs and resources inside EA about bringing culture to many of their games even their non-Sims ones.

Was fun with the woman conducting the interview saying how going to college helped her explore outside where she grew up. Something I think people who have never traveled or talked to people different from themselves is not having that reference on how to make a more rounded and less flat and shallow game. Sadly some people go through life in 2D vision only realizing the extremes in life when life is more complicated than that with that third dimension. Sims has been 3D for three iterations now and I think gameplay and representation should continue to reflect that too.