Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time for a revamp of game menues

I was playing scientist career the other day and one of my work tasks was a specific dialogue option with a co-worker. I went through the sequences of clicking on the sim, going to friendly, and clicking through 6 "show me more" buttons and not finding the dialogue I needed. I am thinking that we need the conversation wheels revamped and re-organized. The more packs we get the bigger the problem gets.

One way would be to add sub-categories within the main dialogue options. They would be INQUIRY, ACTION, DISCUSS
For example friendly would go:

INQUIRY
  • Ask about day?
  • Ask about salary?
  • Get to Know

ACTION
  • Hug
  • Hip bump

DISCUSS
  • Share Ideas
  • Declare weather preference
  • complain about rainy weather
  • Discuss cooking techniques
  • Brighten Day

Then we are at work we can add a CAREER dialogue wheel to add any actions required to do the job. Scientist does not have one. If I want to ask for a metal or crystal I have to scan through friendly and hope I find it. Mind control has it's own wheel, and freeze ray is separate still. They should all fall under Scientist or Career.

Or we can dump the wheel entirely and move into a list type menu.

Comments

• Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I agree with you, I really dislike how "ask if single?" is a romantic interaction... sometimes you just want to know if the sim you're talking to has a family or smth.
  • Options
    MwnbemeMwnbeme Posts: 26 Member
    I would also like it if they reorganized the build buy catalogues. It takes forever to find anything. Also, I want scroll buttons!!!
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited December 2020
    I want all of this.

The names and descriptions in BB mode are cute and funny, and I think the non-direct way they are presented adds to gameplay, replayability and entertainment; but I often spend a lot of time looking for a specific object, which isn't really fun while building. Since the game is geared in some way towards building, perhaps some way of making that easier could be a middle ground.

I also think the Ask If Single could be non-romantic; while it is a bit forward in real life to ask such a thing, I like my sims to get to know their friends, and since households are such a dominant feature in the game, that would include any partners. It would be nice if the option was made to reveal the household, instead of the romantic affiliations, although that is useful too. So if they live with anyone, perhaps a friendly interaction; and if their partner does not share their house; a romantic. It is excluding in both instances, but it would be nice to know anyway.

It's just a wish though, for the sims I have no romance in mind I just ask that one question, and then go back to friendly interactions.
  • Options
    MwnbemeMwnbeme Posts: 26 Member
    I think it would be great if they took the debug items and the items in the live item objects and rename then release many of them from behind the cheat. That way we could use the search box to find the things we need. They could keep the items that are locked for game play reasons like work incentives, plants in seed packets, artifacts and what not behind a cheat.

Then we could add in an expand menu button if wanted that had a scroll bars to making scrolling through options, Add a filter option for colors so we can make cohesive builds with out opening and closing multiple swatches.