Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When you wanna go to the loo, but the spiders are having a party.

MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
I guess my need isn't all that urgent when there's two of these guys hanging out in the way...
fnu296f3x1521.jpg

One was about that big, and the other was bigger.

I wonder if they were on a spider date?

My loo is spider central, there's several gangs that hang out in there... I've seen what they do to the guys who aren't in their gang. Ever seen a 4 legged spider?
AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Do you happen to live in Australia?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Oh my --
    Why did I have to click on the spoiler
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

That looked like some of the spiders I dreaded most, in Texas, too. i could never hold one. Reflex would have me flinging it far and hard while screaming, before the conscious mind knew what happened. Those guarding the loo means I go against a tree instead.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

That looked like some of the spiders I dreaded most, in Texas, too. i could never hold one. Reflex would have me flinging it far and hard while screaming, before the conscious mind knew what happened. Those guarding the loo means I go against a tree instead.

:grimace:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited December 2020
    Me a few minutes ago: "why do I live where the air hurts my face?"

Me now: "oh that's why..."

I had a spider about the size of that guys head (which is about as large as they get here) guarding my crockpot recently and ran from the kitchen and refused to cook for the rest of the day lol. I think this sucker would have me leaving the premises in an ambulance from either heart attack or burns from a flame thrower lol.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

Yep. It does seem to be one of those typical "look at the weird 🐸🐸🐸🐸 our wildlife do" kind of posts...
    Did you hear about the family that ended up with a koala in their christmas tree? That happened in my state.

Oh my --
    Why did I have to click on the spoiler

And that pic is just as an approximation of the smaller one. Same type. Wolf spider. Generally harmless, unless you annoy them. They're typically ground-dwelling, though, when they come inside, they usually climb the walls. I don't have a problem with them if they're in plain sight. It's just when they hide, and give you a heart-attack inducing surprise party that I don't like...

There were TWO of them! Lurking at the edge of the door, on the floor where they almost blend in with the flaking paint and concrete. It was a surprise party! I was ambushed!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »

Yep. It does seem to be one of those typical "look at the weird ❤️❤️❤️❤️ our wildlife do" kind of posts...
    Did you hear about the family that ended up with a koala in their christmas tree? That happened in my state.

I'm not really surprised, lol

I'd say a koala in one's Christmas tree is much cuter than (and preferable to) your situation :joy:

• Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    nope nope nope. Could not deal.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    That's insane. Here, we only have tiny black jumping spiders. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited December 2020
    Wolf Spiders can jump surprisingly far, and faster than the eye can track. Nasty devils, and aggressive too! Thankful every day I live now where it's too cold for them. I remember the largest ones in Texas had a legspan as large as my large palm. Not that I'd ever let one get close enough to measure, if I could avoid it. Their bites are terrifically painful and tend to fester.

I only thought I was getting over my arachnophobia til I saw that pic and had a visceral reaction.

This is from my hometown, Austin TX, the brave guy helping a hurt giant wolf spider. So glad he's there to do it. He obviously either doesn't have arachonophobia or his sense of mercy is borderline saintly. In a spoiler because that spider is really hard for me to look at, wanted to be kind to anyone else who might have nightmares.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited December 2020
    In Texas we get tons of wolf spiders. I might freak out trying to catch them but I always take them outside and keep the cat away.

I was cleaning the bathroom and found a whole family of this weird looking medium-sized translucent spider hiding behind the laundry bin. I kept cleaning and after I was done mopping, one by one they all crawled back into the bathroom. Cats not allowed in there anyways so no one bothered them.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I kept my curiosity in check with the latest spoiler, I'll see how long it lasts.

Once, in the desert, I saw a black widow in the boiler room next to the room we slept in; it was mostly fascinating though.
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    At least it wasn't a snake in the toilet? This time, anyway...
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻