Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Renovate My House...

Comments

• nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member
    edited November 2020
    @AlJay - The area under the house is amazing. I would have never thought to use those corbels and beams, the tears that went into keeping those were worth it. I love how you kept the safety wall but changed out the arches, it really opened the spaces. Adding those plants along the exterior of the house adds another layer to it. I hope those enough solar and windmills to keep the electricity going. The extra money will be used for college and retirement. That turquoise, orange, and brown color scheme is so bright and beautiful. How managed to get 3 rooms and a bathroom in that space is beyond me. But the girls will love it. I like the décor at the top of the stairs. All of the fans will come in handy on the hot days. Milan and Isabella will enjoy that corner of paradise you carved out for them under the canopy. The family will enjoy living here for years to come. I was in need of tropical therapy too. I have been talking with my family from the islands and just needed to feel a little closer to them. Thank you for participating.
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Thank you nali! And thank you for clarifying about the carpet, I decided to go without mats as well.
    It was an interesting build, it took me a long time to come up with the end result, a very good challenge.
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @nali272 for your kind words. Hopefully travel restrictions will be lightened soon and you can see your family <3
    edited December 2020
    AsPQsz5.jpg

The Gyles Briefing:

Background - Camron and Camryn Gyles are the Simmywood young it couple. Their new found fame is gaining much attention increasing their station and so they decided that they would need to move into an estate that would match that new station. The Gyles must keep up appearances and love to throw impromptu dinners and pool parties.

Household gallery link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7EBB2E253E6111EB898EF063F73A62CC?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Trinican&max=50&maxis=false

Gallery Lot ID: RMHGyles BUDGET: $300,000 Lot size: 50x40 Floorplan: 1 story 4bd 3ba Lot/World I used: Baily-Moon Manor, Del Sol Valley

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B46A3D7E3C1C11EB8692F063F73A62CC?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Trinican&max=50&maxis=false

Exterior style:
    Ultra-modern Mediterranean

Interior style:
    Modern, Bling and Airy. Any removed trash, plumbing, windows, doors, walls and floors do not count toward your budget. Any appliances and furniture do count towards the budget. A place to hang their 1st red carpet award pictures, other than that they are not tied to any of their pre-fame furniture.

Landscape Style:
    Modern Mediterranean, modern lighting. Add 2 fountains

Issues to resolve / things to know: (MOO is on)
    • A dining space for entertaining, we think removing that wall at the entry would be a good place.
    • Spaces around the pool for entertaining.
    • Select a minimum of 5 to 10 of the pictures hanging on the walls to display around the house. (An up and coming Simmywood photographer is gifting them for the exposure attached to our new fame.)
    • Convert half of the garage into a workout space.
    • Change out the carpet to wood or tile.
    • Change out bathroom and laundry room tiles to match the interior style.
    • Create a walk-in closet for Camryn and expand the current closet for Camron.
    • Create a chefs kitchen
    • Add more windows to the master suite and add a private patio.
    • Expand the master bath; they would prefer a 5 piece double shower.
    • For the red carpet room, create into a lux guest room suite, give it a private access to the bathroom across from it.
    • The other 2 guest rooms should share a bathroom
    • update the additional bedrooms.
    • Create a relaxing space in the front terrace, Make sure the landscaping around it is enough for privacy without blocking its beauty.
    • Change out that ridiculous mailbox!
    • Add some eco features, so we can get a write-off..ehh…we mean we can tell our fans that we are environmentally conscious.
    • Modernize the fireplace
    • Create a social media studio in the space between the house and garage - cannot keep the fans waiting.
    • Do not block the view of the city. (if you build on the same lot)

Gallery TAG: #RMHGyles - DUE 12/22
    w4OYk3C.png
    t7R48VE.png
    hVkuoLl.png
    EHozPqy.png
    ZXcUEML.png

Slide Show: https://imgur.com/a/Hkmep2r
    Post edited by nali272 on
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Another fantastic shell, @nali272!!! Let me make sure I'm understanding the bedroom situation correctly:

1 Master bedroom with attached bath and two walk-in closets
    2 regular guest bedrooms with a shared bath
    1 deluxe guest bedroom with private bathroom

Is that right?
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    @icanhassims That is correct!
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Thanks, @nali272! :)
    Origin ID: icanhassims
    Link to the gallery: Gayles Remodel
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure!
    Link to more photo/slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/gayles-remodel.html
    Leftover funds: 149,128
    Construction Notes: The entire back half of the home had mold and had to be torn down. The Gayles took advantage of this to completely rearrange the rooms. For instance, they decided that they didn't need a full laundry room taking up space and could instead place a set in the hallway. There was some landscaping overhaul as well. The outside of the building did get re-worked into a sandstone surface and some of the inner walls painted, as well as changing out the flooring for new wood and tile. All other requests by the owners were fulfilled.
    Pictures:
    12-12-20-5-28-02-pm_orig.png

All sides of the build and top down views (6 photos):
    12-12-20-5-09-20-pm.png
    12-12-20-5-09-34-pm.png
    12-12-20-5-09-41-pm.png
    12-12-20-5-09-53-pm.png
    12-12-20-5-10-14-pm.png
    12-12-20-5-10-22-pm.png

Few other screenshots (6 photos):
    12-12-20-5-01-58-pm.png
    12-12-20-5-02-42-pm.png
    12-12-20-5-02-52-pm.png
    12-12-20-5-03-47-pm.png
    12-12-20-5-04-15-pm.png
    12-12-20-5-08-36-pm.png
    @icanhassims - I cannot wait to tour this... I am glad to see the fireplace in the picture, as I do not have Snowy Escape yet. (waiting for a sale to bundle with JTBantu). So far it looks awesome. I kinda went overboard with the pictures but it looks like they worked...lol.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    lol @nali272 I didn't even use ALL the pictures!!
    @nali272 Do you think that Camron and Camryn would mind if I gave their pool and overhaul....I'm thinking maybe giving them an infinity pool if they are interested?
    Also, if you ever feel like uploading any of your families to the gallery, I would love to playtest with the actual people that I renovate the home for :)
    I’d love to play test with the families too!
    @Aljay - go for it... and @icanhassims I can upload them but I never do anything with them... they are my playtesting families...lol.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @Aljay and @icanhassims - I have added the gallery link to for the household to the brief.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Thanks @nali272 :)
    @Aljay - no problem
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Entry form
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery name & link: The Celebrity Lifestyle
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes
    Link to slideshow: RMH-Gyles
    Notes The total gallery cost of this reno came in at $271,887.00. I was able to create a large entertaining space, both inside and out, for the couple to enjoy. I removed the wall by the entry and replaced it with a fountain, adding many other fountains throughout the property as well. I gave them a workout space in the garage, which is where I also moved the laundry facilities to. I installed luxury marble tile throughout the home, updated and modified the bedrooms to fit with the couples requests. I gave each Camron & Camryn their own walk in closet, and also added a wall of fame to display their favorite pictures. They kindly agreed to my idea of giving them an infinity pool to enjoy as well.
    Pictures:
    Overhead View
    jB0UXiL.png
    Street view
    Fh2iQeS.png
    Left side
    Xc4oyhc.png
    Right side
    F7IKhrX.png
    Back
    eotiPX9.png
  • CaitiplaysgamesCaitiplaysgames Posts: 21 Member
    > @nali272 said:
    > The Pitts Briefing:
    >
    > Mandy Pitts has purchased her first home. This creative, outgoing, ambitious aspiring writer is giving you $100,000 to renovate it to her specifics.
    >
    > Lot ID: RMHPitts Lot size: 20x15 Floorplan: single story, 2bed, 1 bath
    > * Issues to resolve: Repair the foundation and add stairs to the front door (not sure how the previous owner got in the house). Please keep the front door on the side. Extend the kitchen to the edge of the back patio, may claim the area between the kitchen and second bedroom. Add a door to the back patio. Clean, paint, and fix scratches and cracks on walls, windows, and doors throughout including the 2 mouse holes.
    > * Things to know: She would like a semi-open floor plan. There is a tub in the bathroom that she would like to keep. The second bedroom must accommodate a guest and be a home office. If the budget permits, she would love a fireplace. Only 2-4 exterior lights, please. New or refurbished mailbox.
    > * Exterior style: Cottage with shiplap or siding. Re-shingle the roof, extend the roofline to cover the patios. Sitting area and potted plants on the porch by the front door. Add a small pretty fence around the property with a lush walkway to the stairs. She would also like an area to meditate at the back of the house.
    > * Interior style: Cottage, no red, no wallpaper, and no carpet.
    > * Landscape: English cottage with low maintenance
    >
    >
    > TAG: #RMHPitts
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3B6A78E5DF4D11EA882F6BCA73FEC1DB?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=trinican&max=50&maxis=false
    > Ends August 31st.

This is a fun challenge!
  • KOman45KOman45 Posts: 6 New Member
    Wowza, stunning renovation AlJay! I have been trying to figure out how to get the floorplan flow properly - you did an amazing job!
    Thank you @KOman45 :)
    @AlJay - will tour soon, looking at the pictures, um... wait is that a stage!
    @Caitiplaysgames - I am glad you had fun with it... join us if you would like. It is just for fun!
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @icanhassims - The side fountain is gorgeous, and it frames the terrace lovely. The rearrangement of the beds and adding a dual office is awesome. The guest of the Gyles will be fighting over that large guest suite. The master suite is a relaxing getaway from the rest of the house, the stone choice in the bathroom transforms it into a spa-like atmosphere. And the both will use the make-up desk for their careers, nice touch. The 2 guest rooms with the jack and jill bathroom will make the other guest still feel pampered. The chef kitchen is just what they need to host all of the parties and celebrity friends they have, not to mention the ability to create their own brand of fizz just elevated their stardom! The wall of fame over the fireplace is the muse they need to keep them limelight. The living and dining room has a Zen feel to it that flows out to the back yard and around to the side patio. The solar panel will be put to great use. All of their fans will enjoy the on-time and early access the social media studio provides, to the Gyles workout and drama of their lives. Great job on the landscaping. What was your inspiration for the renovation? Thank you for participating!
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @AlJay - I will have to revisit this lot when I get Snowy escape and JTB 25 items were removed/replaced so I know I am not getting the full effects. But it is beautiful none the less. That infinite pool is to die for. All of the guests can spread out across the property then retire to their luxury bedrooms. The color scheme is very light and airy. The office/guest room is a beautiful design. The master suite, 5 piece bathroom, double walk-in closet with a walkout to a side patio is a great escape from the world around them. It is awesome that you gave access to the beautiful terrace from the guest room suite, the guest can use that privately or with their hosts. The social media room turned out great, the fans thank you. The bookcase / fish tank is not something I would have thought to do and I will be stealing it at some point. The chef kitchen will be used often, the colors are soothing. The living room and dining room are good-looking and the fireplace surround takes it to the next level. Loving how you used the picture throughout the house. What was your inspiration for the renovation? Thank you for participating!
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Thank you for your kind comments @nali272
    I'm sorry, I forgot you didn't have those packs and I got carried away with the snowy Escape and JTB items. They finally let me build a bundle (I refuse to pay full price for the packs) so I was able to try out the new items.
    Hmmmm, I don't know what my inspiration would have been. When I think modern, I think not to much clutter and lots of glass; but when you add Mediterranean to it, it changes things. So I added more soft colors and light woods. I don't know if I I achieved that, lol! That was my thought process anyway :)
    Thank you @nali272 I have no idea what inspired me! lol I knew I wanted to try and keep the common areas airy but comfortable and the living quarters some sense of calm. Your builds are always inspiring though, even if I can't put exact words to it.