The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need BETTER MEMORIES in 2021

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited December 2020
    Who are they though? I don't listen to youtubers saying the game needs something I will listen to them when a patch will break the game. Also that is the same person that hates Snowy Escape.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Who are they though? I don't listen to youtubers saying the game needs something I will listen to them when a patch will break the game. Also that is the same person that hates Snowy Escape.

Huh? So youtubers aren't allowed to have opinions?
    And, also, a lot of people didn't like Snowy Escape, and that's OK. Not everyone needs to like the same thing. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.
    I totally agree with the video.
    Memories could be so much more. They have a basic framework that they completely ignored. Most people don't even know this feature exists.
    I know there are concerns about Memories causing Save Corruption, but as long as they give the player the ability to turn on or off memories, or to choose which memories they want to save, this shouldn't be an issue.
    Just having a notification saying "Your sim gained a memory of getting married, do you want to save this memory?" is an easy fix.
    Being able to choose the the emotion and the sims who have the memory would be great as well.
    edited December 2020
    bixters wrote: »

And, also, a lot of people didn't like Snowy Escape, and that's OK. Not everyone needs to like the same thing. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

They can but I as a consumer I don't like what she has to say. She is to negative about the game. Of course she can have her own opinion I just won't listen to it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Memories could be so much more. They have a basic framework that they completely ignored. Most people don't even know this feature exists.
    I know there are concerns about Memories causing Save Corruption, but as long as they give the player the ability to turn on or off memories, or to choose which memories they want to save, this shouldn't be an issue.
    Just having a notification saying "Your sim gained a memory of getting married, do you want to save this memory?" is an easy fix.
    Being able to choose the the emotion and the sims who have the memory would be great as well.

But what if I have memories on and I forget to turn it off. And I have a specific memory saved for two sisters Melissa and Sarah . Then using cheats I decide to make Melissa and Sarah's neighbor their older brother, cheat their relationships to max then delete Sarah after deciding I no longer want two sister? How would memories be effected without corruption?

I used that scenario because I do stuff like that ALL the time. And I just don't know if that would be possible with memories.
    If there is a away around this with causing problems I would love to have memories. I really don't like the screenshot system we have now. It's very weird and impractical.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited December 2020

They can but I as a consumer I don't like what she has to say. She is to negative about the game. Of course she can have her own opinion I just won't listen to it.

She actually just posted a thing about the 20 things she likes about the sims 4.

I find it interesting that earlier you asked who she is and then all of a sudden you know she's "negative" about the game. Which is it?

Just because someone finds something they don't like about a pack or is giving constructive criticism about the game in general, which she does a great job with if you actually watch her videos, doesn't mean they're negative. The sims 4 has A LOT of faults, but it also has GREAT features as well.

If you have nothing constructive to add to a discussion and don't want to listen to the opinions of another simmer (Youtuber or not), who is also a consumer may I add (She spends her own hard-earned money on the game as well as we all do), then why comment at all?

@Karon I'm going to take a look at this one as I saw it but was watching something else at the time. I'm sure it something that I can agree on, as memories should be reworked. (This is me going on without watching) I think sentiments and lifestyles are a step in the right direction. and I feel like they can expand with memories from there since we have sentiments that are permanent. But I'll be back after I watch the video

Edit: Coming back from the video. I agree. I remember how the memory system worked when the game first came out and I actually liked it. In a way, it kind of reminded me of how screenshots and the making stories in the sims 2 was. I still believe sentiments and this system could work together really well. It's been a while since I've visited memories of the sims 4, so I had no idea they changed, but yea would love a revamp of it.
    Post edited by Noree_Doree on
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I agree, too!
    Please and Thank You
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    edited December 2020
    I personally woul prefer if they made the memory system similar to like it was in TS2. That one was a system that would not break your game when playing more than one household in a save. TS3 and TS4 had servere lagging issues caused by their respective memory systems.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    edited December 2020

She actually just posted a thing about the 20 things she likes about the sims 4.

I find it interesting that earlier you asked who she is and then all of a sudden you know she's "negative" about the game. Which is it?

Just because someone finds something they don't like about a pack or is giving constructive criticism about the game in general, which she does a great job with if you actually watch her videos, doesn't mean they're negative. The sims 4 has A LOT of faults, but it also has GREAT features as well.

If you have nothing constructive to add to a discussion and don't want to listen to the opinions of another simmer (Youtuber or not), who is also a consumer may I add (She spends her own hard-earned money on the game as well as we all do), then why comment at all?

@Karon I'm going to take a look at this one as I saw it but was watching something else at the time. I'm sure it something that I can agree on, as memories should be reworked. (This is me going on without watching) I think sentiments and lifestyles are a step in the right direction. and I feel like they can expand with memories from there since we have sentiments that are permanent. But I'll be back after I watch the video

Edit: Coming back from the video. I agree. I remember how the memory system worked when the game first came out and I actually liked it. In a way, it kind of reminded me of how screenshots and the making stories in the sims 2 was. I still believe sentiments and this system could work together really well. It's been a while since I've visited memories of the sims 4, so I had no idea they changed, but yea would love a revamp of it.

I never asked who she is I was saying who is she to make judgments. She is negative she likes Sims 4 but it has to be how she plays and thats fine for her but I don't play like her so things she might hate in the game I don't is all and I don't listen to any youtuber about Sims 4 if I did I wouldn't be playing it. Everyone has negative things to say about the game. My only issue with the game is that there isn't enough to do for sims. Like hobbies and something they are passionate about doing that isn't a week worth of fun to keep me interested in playing all the time.
    Post edited by pepperjax1230 on
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    It always boggles my mind how backward this game has gone when it should have the technology to go forward. I also get so annoyed when we have something we have paid for and then it is taken away or changed and made worse - like this and whims and many other things. Memories in Sims 2 were awesome and I miss them a lot in this version.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    It would be nice if the sims remembered their own family members.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    They kind of do I always see my sims have a family member in there thought bubble. But that would be nice or to have better family tree titles like stepmom or uncle or even have great grandparents and have them register as that.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Exactly this!
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

I never asked who she is I was saying who is she to make judgments. She is negative she likes Sims 4 but it has to be how she plays and thats fine for her but I don't play like her so things she might hate in the game I don't is all and I don't listen to any youtuber about Sims 4 if I did I wouldn't be playing it. Everyone has negative things to say about the game. My only issue with the game is that there isn't enough to do for sims. Like hobbies and something they are passionate about doing that isn't a week worth of fun to keep me interested in playing all the time.

So just because she doesn't constantly praise Sims 4, she's not allowed to make judgements?

She's a Simmer and a person. That's all that's needed to pass judgement on how they feel Sims 4 compares to previous versions.
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I personally woul prefer if they made the memory system similar to like it was in TS2. That one was a system that would not break your game when playing more than one household in a save. TS3 and TS4 had serve lagging issues caused by their respective memory systems.

Yea, but Sims 2's memory system is far from perfect. It's why you can't move Sims from one neighborhood to the next. Because it saves memories with direct references to other Sims in the neighborhood and if you pull the Sim out, that memory becomes broken. Broken memories cause corruption and will eventually lead to an unplayable neighborhood (maybe several years in the future, it's very unpredictable how fast the corruption spreads).

If they add a memory system that's more similar to Sims 2's system, they need to do it in a way that doesn't break the game should I want to move my Sims to a new neighborhood or world or save or whatever they're calling it in the game.
  • DragonCat195DragonCat195 Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="pepperjax1230;c-17753592"][quote="Noree_Doree;c-17753461"][quote="pepperjax1230;c-17753442"][quote="bixters;c-17753434"][quote="pepperjax1230;c-17753408"]Who are they though? I don't listen to youtubers saying the game needs something I will listen to them when a patch will break the game. Also that is the same person that hates Snowy Escape.[/quote]

And, also, a lot of people didn't like Snowy Escape, and that's OK. Not everyone needs to like the same thing. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. [/quote]

They can but I as a consumer I don't like what she has to say. She is to negative about the game. Of course she can have her own opinion I just won't listen to it. [/quote]

I find it interesting that earlier you asked who she is and then all of a sudden you[b] know [/b]she's "negative" about the game. Which is it?

Edit: Coming back from the video. I agree. I remember how the memory system worked when the game first came out and I actually liked it. In a way, it kind of reminded me of how screenshots and the making stories in the sims 2 was. I still believe sentiments and this system could work together really well. It's been a while since I've visited memories of the sims 4, so I had no idea they changed, but yea would love a revamp of it.[/quote]

I never asked who she is I was saying who is she to make judgments. She is negative she likes Sims 4 but it has to be how she plays and thats fine for her but I don't play like her so things she might hate in the game I don't is all and I don't listen to any youtuber about Sims 4 if I did I wouldn't be playing it. Everyone has negative things to say about the game. My only issue with the game is that there isn't enough to do for sims. Like hobbies and something they are passionate about doing that isn't a week worth of fun to keep me interested in playing all the time. [/quote]

Can we stop using it the word 'hate' for once? This imply she hasn't said a nice thing or bashes a game without constructive points to highlights why she dislikes a particular feature/pack of the game. Also, it been far better to just say "I'll admit, I didn't watch the video and gonna disregard the whole thread because its from s youtuber I don't like so don't care" instead of leaving a snarky comment "who is she (to judge)?". You don't have to comment if you don't wanna engage with an issue that you're not bothered by :) Much like how I reply to your unrelated/irrelavant complaint you posted with:

[quote="pepperjax1230;c-17753592"]My only issue with the game is that there isn't enough to do for sims. Like hobbies and something they are passionate about doing that isn't a week worth of fun to keep me interested in playing all the time. [/quote]
    Who are you? You're so negative abour / hate the complaint. Thanks for your opinion, but we aren't gonna listen

Now, not to keep track and get thread close over someone's rudeness: I [b]agree[/b] with PleasantSims about the memory system. She has valid points and facts that the memories aren't automatically and I too think they could be implemented better.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited December 2020
    ^^^^ My apology for posting my old account. Can I have mods dekete that account? I mistaken it and no longer use it (created it cause couldn't retrieve this one until I found it)

Rewriting the comment:
    They kind of do I always see my sims have a family member in there thought bubble. But that would be nice or to have better family tree titles like stepmom or uncle or even have great grandparents and have them register as that.

Can we stop using it the word 'hate' for once? This imply she hasn't said a nice thing or bashes a game without constructive points to highlights why she dislikes a particular feature/pack of the game. Also, it been far better to just say "I'll admit, I didn't watch the video and gonna disregard the whole thread because its from s youtuber I don't like so don't care" instead of leaving a snarky comment "who is she (to judge)?". You don't have to comment if you don't wanna engage with an issue that you're not bothered by :) Much like how I reply to your unrelated/irrelavant complaint you posted with:
    My only issue with the game is that there isn't enough to do for sims. Like hobbies and something they are passionate about doing that isn't a week worth of fun to keep me interested in playing all the time.
    Who are you? You're so negative abour / hate the complaint. Thanks for your opinion, but we aren't gonna listen

Now, not to keep track and get thread close over someone's rudeness: I agree with PleasantSims about the memory system. She has valid points and facts that the memories aren't automatically and I too think they could be implemented better.

NNpYlHF.jpg
    edited December 2020

@DragonCat159 Can I ask you were I said hate in that comment? I was discussing something else not that I hated the youtubers opinion and I really don’t care what she says she can have an opinion. I personally don’t tend to listen to youtubers about the sims 4 unless they are telling you patches ruin the game then I will. That is all I don’t hate her.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited December 2020
    I absolutely agree with the video, I follow Cindy for a long time and she was the one who made me realize that there are some memories in TS4... I had no idea... It is mindblowing to me that they took out some of the features from the memory system and then completely abandoned them... Majority of people doesn't even know they exist, so it is no surprise they aren't using it. I really hope we will get some sort of update/fix for this system as it is such a shame. I love creating memories for my sims, but this system is just useless and very annyoing to use. I play rotationally and I play about 40 households and I take tons of screenshots, I don't understand that the memories aren't at least just tied to your current household. Makes no sense... It would be great if they fixed it in a patch that would be tied to a pre-release of some kind of Generations pack...Oh well, one can dream, right :/

But what if I have memories on and I forget to turn it off. And I have a specific memory saved for two sisters Melissa and Sarah . Then using cheats I decide to make Melissa and Sarah's neighbor their older brother, cheat their relationships to max then delete Sarah after deciding I no longer want two sister? How would memories be effected without corruption?

I used that scenario because I do stuff like that ALL the time. And I just don't know if that would be possible with memories.
    If there is a away around this with causing problems I would love to have memories. I really don't like the screenshot system we have now. It's very weird and impractical.

I would say if you want to have that much control over your game, you should just turn off Memories from the start. That's why there should be a switch to turn it ON or OFF. If you forget you to turn Memories OFF, unfortunately EA/ Maxis isn't responsible.
    Similar to NAPS, you can turn them off before you start playing the game.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I liked the memories from Sims 2. Something like that in 4 would be good, but this time each memory could be associated with an emotion instead of just good or bad. But even a direct copy of the memories system from 2 would be better than what we currently have.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member

Yeah, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but they shouldn't tell others what to do or think. That particular video was titled "don't buy Snowy Escape" which comes across as telling others what to do. I didn't watch that one cause Snowy Escape is a pack that I have always wanted and I didn't want to see someone hating on a pack that I really like (which is what the title implies the video is about). It's ok to say things like "I don't like this pack" or "I won't buy this pack", but it's another to tell people "don't buy this pack".
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited December 2020
    Can we stop using it the word 'hate' for once?

@DragonCat159 Can I ask you were I said hate in that comment?

Certaintly. Here's where you said it:
    Also that is the same person that hates Snowy Escape.

My comment was highlighting how it irks me people misuse that word. And people overall should stop using that word if somebody provides customize constructive criticism. Loathing a ggame and disliking something in the game are two different things.

And what do memories have to do with her liking or disliking snowy escape? Why disregard entire feedback over something she said something about something else? Those two different mechanic have nothing in common about the discussed feature.
    That is all I don’t hate her.
    Neither did I imply that you did. I presume and claim that you may dislike (which, again - different meaning) her, from the tone. My apology if I did indeed misinterpret it.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

Yeah, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but they shouldn't tell others what to do or think. That particular video was titled "don't buy Snowy Escape" which comes across as telling others what to do. I didn't watch that one cause Snowy Escape is a pack that I have always wanted and I didn't want to see someone hating on a pack that I really like (which is what the title implies the video is about). It's ok to say things like "I don't like this pack" or "I won't buy this pack", but it's another to tell people "don't buy this pack".

But would it be offensive to title it "Buy Snowy Escape!"? Its really not forcing someone to take a view with that title. Its just meant to be eye-catching, not a replacement for your personal conscience
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I think Cindy was a bit harsh on Snowy Escape but I completely understand why because I felt the same way after Island Living. Sometimes I’m just feeling done with the game, that’s the vibe I got from her in that video, and sometimes that passes. She’s not always negative about TS4, she has started a TS4 Lets Play in her streams, there are mods she feels are essential and that makes it playable for her. I personally can play without mods but I am a fan of hers. I like her suggestions and I think if someone has watched the videos they would have heard her say she knows not everyone plays like she does or needs to play that way.