Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How To Install Store Items

1121314151618...Next

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @SimLibby I think I remember one of the tech experts saying that a small drive like that wouldn't run Sims 3, but I don't remember when or where. I think the big thing is maybe you could install and run the base game but all your other stuff wouldn't fit!
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    I'm inclined to agree with you @ZeeGee. Like I said in my previous post, my SSD already uses over 60 GB and my current TS3 install is over 20 GB (without store items and so on). All my TS3 stuff would probably fit, barely, but that leaves no space for Windows updates an software that needs to be installed/updated on my SSD. The whole reason I moved my documents and such to D was to create space on my SSD so it's counterproductive to fill that up with a TS3 installation. It's cool though you can run all that on your SSD. :smiley:
    edited December 2020
    Woot woot, I'm done. Finally I did it and finished it. I got 22 .EBC files. Most are between 201.754 (only 1 EBC is this size, the rest is a little bigger but not bigger than 204.751) and 204.751 kB. Number 21 is just 176.049 kB and number 22 is 91.076. I wanted to fill up number 21 a bit more but then my registration rewards would be split between 21 and 22 so I decided to put my rewards in 22. Just in case I want to add to that since I don't have all rewards from pets installed. It's more convenient if all my rewards are in 1 file. Festival lots, the two old mill lots, the two featured looks and the pet store, I all have installed as lot only in my library folder. So for the pet store I don't need to have Pets installed. I do have it next to Seasons and Island Paradise but out of the three I prefer to have one EP (Seasons at the moment) run at the time (in addition to my default EP's Late Night, WA and Ambitions) so my game won't get to slow.

I put all the EBC files back in a clean TS3 folder + the Installed Worlds + Library + ccmerged. I wanted to see if it all would show as installed in the Launcher even though I haven't put the packages back in DCBackup. And it did. Each EBC file has an accompanied folder where I put the DCBackup packages in but it is my understanding I don't have to put those packages back, right? (except of course ccmerged).

The Launcher did became slower again after having all my material back and the annoying tmp files appeared when the Launcher was loading (except for EBC 1, 2 and 3 which I didn't get). Luckily I can still start my game directly, I just wanted to see if everything showed in my Launcher since I never had a TS3 folder without the packages in DCBackup.

My EBC files are probably not as tidy/precise as Ciane's or Jodi's but I don't care. I think it's good enough. :smiley:

What about you @ZeeGee? Are you done as well?
    Post edited by SimLibby on
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2020
    Woot! @SimLibby - I'm so glad you have all your stuff installed. I keep my dcBackup folder empty except the ccmerged file. The only reason I know that dcBackup files are needed are so that cc can upload with a lot or sim, which we usually don't want to happen; but those that love cc would want to happen. And YOUR way is the BEST way for you!

Also, those dcbackup files can be placed in a mods/package folder and used that way if/when the launcher won't work for reinstalling stuff at a later date!
    edited December 2020
    Thank you very much @ciane for your helping hand and information you made available so I, and many others, could do this.

Edit.
    ciane, just to check:
    Nothing I do in-game can add to changing the sizes of my (current) EBC files? (like saving games or items to my in-game library) The only thing that could resize is me installing stuff through the Launcher, right?

Edit II
    I can finally place items again by selecting a set and grabbing the items that way. That function never worked for me so I always had to search the menu's for the item I wanted to place (so many items to look through). But now it works again. I suspect it's because I installed sets and not compilations (well I installed only two, most is set). I'm very happy I can use this function.

At the moment I'm trying to answer my first edit by playing around and saving a bunch of stuff in-game. After that, I'm going to fix that missing stencils stuff.

Edit III.
    Wow, the game exited quickly. No black screen for a while. Awesome. In regards to my firs edit, it looks like nothing gets added to the size of the EBC files when saving Sims, saves or houses. Of course they're added to the library, saved Sims, saves when saving but not to the ebc files and not extra packages are made in DCBackup.
    Post edited by SimLibby on
    Nothing is added to the dcCache files as long as you don't install something else. Make a back-up though and keep it in a safe place.
    So I also installed the missing stencils, finally. I used your lot. Only I had to disconnect from internet because the lot wouldn't install, the Launcher kept saying I missed the latest software update. Maybe it wanted me to update to 1.69 which is not going to happen. After I disconnect I could install the 'Ode to .. " lot. I don't have all missing stencils saved but I'm good. Thanks @ciane for all your help. I appreciate it.
    You do have the updated store patch, don't you?
    @ZeeGee shared it here:
    http://simfileshare.net/download/462061/

Look in your contentPatch folder in the sims 3 folder in my documents. It should have a package file that is 7,976kb in size.
    When we create new sims 3 folders, this file is not reproduced. You can copy it from an older sims 3 folder or get ZeeGee's shared file.

When people create new sims 3 folders, I always say to copy in the .ebc files, ccmerged file, installedWorld files, and any library and saved sims files desired, but I forget to mention copying over that patch file. It is key to lots of newer store content installing!
    I already have that patch. Thanks @ciane.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    edited December 2020
    SimLibby wrote: »
    What about you @ZeeGee? Are you done as well?

@SimLibby Congrats! I'm not even done with my downloads! Got distracted with real life there for awhile. I'm a bit annoyed as I tried to transfer my downloads from another back up and they wouldn't work. :angry: So now I have to download everything from the site again.
    That's to bad, re-downloading everything. Hopefully all goes smootly. Happy New Year.
    Someone was having problems reinstalling worlds bought through Origin, so here are the direct DL codes:

Complete Barnacle Bay Adventure!
    Old Version (without Buccaneer's Bounty 23566)
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:23962
    Standard - Origin/Retail
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:33768
    Standard - Store
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:33767

Hidden Springs
    Standard - Origin/Retail
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:45097
    Standard - Store
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:38987

Lunar Lakes
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:47840

Lucky Palms
    Standard - Store
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:52139
    Gold - Store
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:52137

Sunlit Tides
    Standard - Store
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:55556
    Gold - Store
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:55555

Monte Vista
    Standard - Origin/Retail
    Standard - Store
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:58421

Aurora Skies
    Standard - Store
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:60806
    Gold - Store
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:60807

Dragon Valley (Celtic Lands: 65137)
    Standard - Origin/Retail
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:65376
    Standard - Store
    Gold - Store
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:64951

Midnight Hollow
    Standard - Store
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:68672
    Gold - Store
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:68671

Roaring Heights (Boardwalk Attire: 71059)
    Standard - Origin/Retail
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:70813
    Standard - Store
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:70767
    Gold - Store
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:70765
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited January 2021
    Good Morning Ciane, today I am going to embark on the task of reinstalling some, not all of my store content.. I would like to install Worlds, Venues and only some sets.. I would like to know if there is an order to installing the worlds and venues, that would be best?

I used the list you give on the first page of the forum I already installed most of the worlds and I am working on the venues.. I appreciate the worksheet you created!

I am not going to install any items with patterns..
    Post edited by LMC6255 on
    edited January 2021
    Hello again, I saw the list on page one of the worlds and venues, is that the order I should use? Thank you for your help!!

I already was able to install all the worlds and venues.. I am hoping to work on sets next.. Since it's less daunting I am only going to install the most popular sets..
    Post edited by LMC6255 on
    Sorry, I don't always stop by the forums (or my page) and, even when I do, I don't always log in. I'm glad you took the plunge and just starting installing.
    edited February 2021
    @ciane No worries, what I did was follow your instructions at the beginning of the forum, which are really well explained, thank you for doing a thorough job of explaining what to include first! I already installed some items, not all.. If I need to install more, I will do that later on.. I appreciate this forum, it has helped me a lot! I hope you have a wonderful week!! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top