Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Babies Update Possible Hint!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @comicsforlife What sort of aging bug?

@TheIntrovertSimmer That’s okay. If they really are paying attention to the survey results now, maybe we’ll get an update next year. :)

no one could age up babies and now you can't age up kids @AyKooChao

I think you might be onto something. I have tried to age up my sim's kittens with the vet treats but with no luck. I remember that before we got platforms my sims would randomly climb atop tables and counters and were able to walk on them and talk to other sims around them. Maybe these aging bugs mean that they are indeed working on some aging related updates.
  • Options
    Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    This may not be a baby thing. I the past I have build small houses without tubs and realized I had no way to clean my super gross toddler since there is no option to clean them in the shower. Possible this was to solve this issue, especially after the tiny house update.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »
    This may not be a baby thing. I the past I have build small houses without tubs and realized I had no way to clean my super gross toddler since there is no option to clean them in the shower. Possible this was to solve this issue, especially after the tiny house update.

not likely it doesn't get them that clean
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited December 2020

They took it out with the latest patch so it wasn’t for the toddlers...

“We noticed we had added the option to Clean Up Toddler on kitchen and bathroom sinks for both Toddlers and Children by mistake, so we removed it for both age groups from the sink… but how would have they fit? Like… how? These are the questions that keep me up at night.“
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

“We noticed we had added the option to Clean Up Toddler on kitchen and bathroom sinks for both Toddlers and Children by mistake, so we removed it for both age groups from the sink… but how would have they fit? Like… how? These are the questions that keep me up at night.“
    So they say they created a animation though a horribly lazy one to clean up a child in the sink and accidently added it to toddlers and children but removed it, yeah that's not suspicious at all.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited December 2020

Edit
    I wanted to double check this first.

The interaction to clean up toddlers on sinks is still there. What they pulled was the ability for Children and Toddlers to clean up toddlers at sinks. Teens and adults can still take a toddler to the sink for a quick clean up.

Wait, did they take the option to clean up Toddlers away, or did they take the option away from children and toddlers to clean up toddlers? Because that was clearly a (kinda funny) glitch. I'm going to have to check that tonight since I have a toddler and children in my current household.

Not saying that they're not planning a baby update, just trying to see if they actually took it out entirely, or just the glitchy broken part where kids and toddlers could do the interaction.
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    They can do what they want. The babies are going to be staying in their darn cribs in my game, just as I try to do in 2/3.
    yeah but I heard there is a new interaction where the baby 🐸🐸🐸🐸 all over the basinet and you can't clean it unless you remove the baby from it
    so I guess you will have to break your own rule
  • Options
    CaitiplaysgamesCaitiplaysgames Posts: 21 Member
    > @ChadSims2 said:
    > I really hope that also ends up being it hint otherwise pretty rude of them showing how great babies could be sitting up and petting the dog one activity that can be done if they create the babies to play as new born - first year who gradually learn going from rolling sitting to full on crawling and with that the life stage gap would almost be complete besides not having preteens.

I KNOW I WOULD LOVE TO TEACH THEM TO WALKKKK
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    With updated babies it will actually be worthwhile having actual babies in-game
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    They can do what they want. The babies are going to be staying in their darn cribs in my game, just as I try to do in 2/3.
    yeah but I heard there is a new interaction where the baby ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all over the basinet and you can't clean it unless you remove the baby from it

Taking the smelly little spitball out for a quick cleaning is only rule breaking by letter, not in spirit.

Not that the question would concern me, I'm a step worse and skip both baby stage and pregnancy (at least in normal gameplay, challenges sometimes make it impossible to skip).
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    yeah but I heard there is a new interaction where the baby ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all over the basinet and you can't clean it unless you remove the baby from it

Taking the smelly little spitball out for a quick cleaning is only rule breaking by letter, not in spirit.

Not that the question would concern me, I'm a step worse and skip both baby stage and pregnancy (at least in normal gameplay, challenges sometimes make it impossible to skip).

You remind me of the time my Male Sim came back from being Alien-napped as pregnant (WAY before gender-crazy options). So we went to Granite Falls to have the baby there and abandon it, except he went into labour for like, a WEEK before I realised you couldn't give birth there.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    SimGuruConor said something interesting on twitter! What do you think of this? Will it be a clue for a possible update of real babies?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No ghost babies, but you can always make real babies with our new Stuff Pack Sims...</p>— SimGuruConor (@SimGuruConor) <a href="https://twitter.com/SimGuruConor/status/1349782236078374912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    > @ChocoSulSul said:
    > SimGuruConor said something interesting on twitter! What do you think of this? Will it be a clue for a possible update of real babies?

SimGuruConor
    @SimGuruConor
    @xamira_99
    No ghost babies, but you can always make real babies with our new Stuff Pack Sims...
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    > @ChocoSulSul said:
    > SimGuruConor said something interesting on twitter! What do you think of this? Will it be a clue for a possible update of real babies?

SimGuruConor
    @SimGuruConor
    @xamira_99
    No ghost babies, but you can always make real babies with our new Stuff Pack Sims...

I think the real babies he's talking about is the regular babies we currently have in the game. Sims believe they're real, so they are real babies.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    > @ChocoSulSul said:

SimGuruConor
    @SimGuruConor
    @xamira_99

I think the real babies he's talking about is the regular babies we currently have in the game. Sims believe they're real, so they are real babies.
    Conor should know better those are not real babies they are bassinets
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    bluehydrengaebluehydrengae Posts: 29 Member
    yes!! the sink update makes sense
  • Options
    lesometalesometa Posts: 14 New Member
    I want to be able to carry babies around, show them off to other sims. Baby shower/wedding shower party types would be fun too.