Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They should do a sequel to Sims Medieval.

I'm rather surprised they only ever did one expansion for it, then again they did make the scope rather small from the start. Still, the game sold well, good good reviews and was popular. Would be neat to see it get a sequel that could expand a little on what the original offered and make some improvements.

I don't mind them sticking to the more adventurous formula to separate it from the regular series, with more focus on quests and less on daily life and raising a family. It makes for a very different experience after all, they simply could improve it a bit further in the following ways:

-Kingdom customisation.
To start with, you could pick the heraldry of your Kingdom: The symbol and colours for the flag. This would be displayed all over on banners and flags. While building remains very limited, you can now select the exterior of each hero's building from several choices. Interior could remain the same shape. So if you want an evil kingdom, all buildings can look it. Or maybe just your wizard tower if you want an evil wizard in your good kingdom. Outside of this, you can also customise some other stuff like the city walls and general architecture.
And the standard uniform of your soldiers. Whenever soldiers are spawned, they wear that outfit by default.

-New heroes and changes to existing heroes.
I'd combine the two different priest heroes together and instead would give them more flexibility. You can instil fear or be nice.
Druid becomes a new hero, and is also capable of converting people to faith, the old faith. So instead of allegories for protestantism and Catholicism, now it's Christianity and paganism.
The druid has nature related spells, a different and smaller spell list than what the wizard gets and has some religious and nature related duties.
Archer is the second new hero, using the new archery skill. The archer's quests are related to hunting, archery tournaments and some peace keeping.
The third new hero is the admiral, who has a house at the docks and can upgrade and improve the nations ship which helps with their many sea related quests.

-Horses.
Naturally there should be horses, found at the new stables. Some heroes like the knight and monarch get their own horse right away, some other heroes can be rewarded one by obtaining a quest. There's quests for special horses too like a flaming nightmare horse or a unicorn.
Horse riding is a new skill that horse owners can learn, knights and monarchs get the new jousting skill, there's various quests involving tournaments.
Horses can be named and customised, can be outfitted with barding, armour, different saddles and such too and relationship is build with them.

-Other locations.
Like in the first game, I'd keep a similar kingdom set up that's all one area. It would now have a few more buildings and a bit more going on like you can upgrade the roads from dirt to stone and can generally customise more.
But outside of this I'd add a few small areas that can be visited which would trigger a brief loading screen. This could add a lot to quest possibilities.
You can't build on these places, but some allow for a tent to be set up and a small temporary camp.
Deep in the forest would be a location, several islands would be as well. Also several dungeons and several other kingdoms could be partially visited.

-New weapons and revised combat.
Sword fights should remain, but I think it could be expanded a little. Animations could be improved a lot, but I'd like to see a little choice in weaponry. Could just be three things, I'd just want one to be sword and shield. Animations used could change if need be depending on what the opponent uses, so you'd instantly get some more variety when watching a fight.
Expansions could add a fourth weapon or more. It would give small benefits, like sword and shield gives more defence while a two handed sword would be more offence. And maybe some quests could require the use of a specific weapon so only heroes that can use it. What's available could differ per hero type.

-Child quests.
There could be a few quests available for children, some for specific professions, doing some work for their parent but also general child quests where they get to play, or maybe they are dealing with a bully.

-More clothing and furniture options.
Sims medieval has beautiful costumes and furniture, but sadly not much options sometimes. I'd like to see maybe some magical things added too, which could add some convenience but could only be available as quest rewards.
In fact, some outfits and other unique furniture could be quest rewards.
Like win a jousting tournament to win a special gold champion armour, make your way through a dungeon and find a never ending portable source of food, etc. How good the reward is should be in relation to the difficulty to obtain it.

I might think of more later but it's getting late.

Comments

• irishdragon7irishdragon7 Posts: 124 Member
    I completely agree!!!! I started playing Sims Medieval again recently when I was a bit frustrated with Sims 4 and I forgot how much I had really enjoyed it in the past. I would love to see that updated and expanded upon.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    agreed, personally i think these were some of the mistakes on the sims medieval: lack of customization on cas & build, lack of caw (the realm was always the same which was quite boring), repetitive quests, too many rabbit holes, lack of stages (only adult, baby and kid), and the quests were too easy. it was a very limited game, very fun for a while but got quickly boring.

things to do to solve them: more cas options, allow ppl to build their sim's houses, have a caw just so we can change the realm (they could still give us obligatory buildings for the quests), varied quests that aren't about collecting this or talking to this, add more stages to play with, allow us to travel out of the realm without rabbit holes, and add level of difficulty just so people can have it easy or have more of a challenge!
    more heroes to play with would be cool too aside of the ones from the first sims medieval.

these spin offs have so much potential, they could do this with other eras as well
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited November 2020
    I personally feel that instead of your usual sims 5 this time they should set it in ancient time period from the start

and world should be 100% up to your customization

the eps could add in different lands, cultures, occults and technological advancements

ultimately bringing your sims from hitting 2 rocks together to living in space colony

or i guess you could stop evolving your sims world at any chosen moment though since its up to you to evolve the world or not

I have no need to start gathering same basic eps for 5th time but if they made it proper for once for all time periods it be awesome
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Personally I just get progressively worse at building houses with each Sims instalment, so I don't mind the not building exteriors part much but would like to have some choice in what it looks like on the outside.

Increased quest variety would sure help a lot, maybe more to do in free play mode too.
    What they could do with quests is provide a few more options, special rewards and maybe also letting failure open up new quests.
    Would also be nice if traits could play more a part in quests too, outside of the ones to fix a fatal flaw.

Like some quests could involve an enemy that can use some specific fatal flaws against you, making the quest harder if you have any of those particular traits. But there could also be some rare occasions where the flaw actually makes a quest easier.
    Like you have to deal with some unwashed barbarians at the gates, and your uncouth hero just speaks their language, building relation faster with them.
    Or some crime boss could negatively exploit some flaws that are their business to exploit in people. addicts of alcohol and gambling would be easy prey for them. Also fools.

Heck fools should get some unique options in quests, but could also be able to get a unique beanstalk quest perhaps.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I wouldn't want them to spoil TSM with a sequel. But I would consider another EP.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    At this point I don't think they'd release an expansion for a game that old.

If not a sequel it would have to be like a remaster, definitive edition or otherwise graphically improved edition. Which could still get some new content in that package of course.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I would like a historical expansion that would introduce a past timeline set in the medieval ages. I would like to see horses, pirates, swordfighting, the death pit and various quests. You could either work for the king or the pirates. Everything that you fo in the past that has a great historical significance will be recorded in a hisory book that will be available in the present and it will constantly be updated. They could even add an occult or dragons..
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I would love a medieval EP..... it would go great with a farming pack.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Absolutely! I think we could really use an EP that bans all technology and has a medieval/fantasy theme. A large world where Sims don't use their phones and we have a kingdom and peasants and dragons. I want the Pit Beast and references to The Watcher back too. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I wish they would do another Sims Medieval. I still play it every now and again. I love it. I also found it odd that it only got one expansion. I certainly would have bought a lot more.

Then again, I still find it odd that we have not had any real spin offs during the Sims 4 era. No stories, no castaway, no medieval, no Urbz, no MySims, etc. Just mobile games. Shame, really.

I personally do not feel a medieval pack would do that well in the main series. It does not exactly gel well with the main game. I would not mind an Into the Future style time travel pack that would try to go back into the past, but shallow packs would not cut it. It would be much better services in a sequel, like my personal favorite Castaway. I miss it desperately, but I doubt it would do well in the Sims 4 as a pack.
    Same here, a medieval expansion would not work well in the main series. Anything historic would not work with the gameplay beyond some mansion decorations.
    At most they could give us a proper making magic expansion with some medieval content instead of whatever the heck the magic realm was which didn't even give proper mage robes and hats.

Going medieval works best for a spin off and you are right, they should go back to spin offs again. Not that stupid mobile garbage, not sure anyone plays Sims on console either so no need to bother with that.

With a new Sims medieval game they could also delve into the many many IP's they are sitting on and aren't using. Like Dungeon Keeper. They could add some outfits, furniture, floor tiles, etc. from that series. The first game actually used a very similar art style that would blend right in.

• bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I love Sims Medieval. It would be cool if they did a Forge of Empires concept where you can choose different time periods to play. Each one would have its own unique world. I think that's what they were trying to do with the original, but they gave up on it early. I was disappointed that it only got one expansion and was abandoned.
    I think one time period is fine, fantasy kingdom. But they could have expanded it with different kingdom worlds. Like also get a middle eastern kingdom and also a northern kingdom.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    considering EA these days the sims medieval would just end up as a Journey to Baatu style GP for the sims 4.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I always wanted a Civilization Sims 4. Where you can start a household as the 1st Settlers.
  • AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Absolutely! I think we could really use an EP that bans all technology and has a medieval/fantasy theme. A large world where Sims don't use their phones and we have a kingdom and peasants and dragons. I want the Pit Beast and references to The Watcher back too. <3

That would be really cool. Especially if we could customize it. Like if you wanted to solely play in that world and have no modern creature comforts— you can select that from the menu. But if you wanted your Sims to have an immersive Westworld experience for a vacation.

I also think it would be sick to integrate Occult Sims into it too. I would love some dark medieval fantasy elements (not like the The Witcher or something.) but unique interactions and scenarios to do with vampires or spellcasters would be super fun!
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I really want a Medieval pack for the Sims 4 - preferably a expansion pack but I'd settle for a GP. I think it would be really great if they did something similar to how Batuu works (the townies from the homeworlds don't show up etc.) and you could either live there permanently or just have a time-travel vacation (similar to how Snowy Escape works)

There is so much they could do with this kind of theme but I hope they go for the more mystical/occult stuff. I'd love a royalty type feature too. Realm of Magic was far too modern for my taste! I wanted to build dungeons and castles for my Spellcasters to live in!
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    i would love it
    Works better as a spin off than as an expansion I think. Especially because they'd just make it a game pack. For sims 4 they waste all the best ideas on game packs, and do all the boring stuff in big expansions which could have been done in game packs.

Stuff like magic, vampires, star wars and jungle adventures should be full expansions. Same would be for medieval.

I think at most they could do like a renaissance fair with LARPing for sims 4.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    rhalius wrote: »
    Works better as a spin off than as an expansion I think. Especially because they'd just make it a game pack. For sims 4 they waste all the best ideas on game packs, and do all the boring stuff in big expansions which could have been done in game packs.

Stuff like magic, vampires, star wars and jungle adventures should be full expansions. Same would be for medieval.

I think at most they could do like a renaissance fair with LARPing for sims 4.

I agree, I wish they would flip the budget and give the "normal" stuff to GPs and go wild with the fantastical in EPs.
    #Team Occult
    Same here, they keep trying to cram big ideas into small packs yet the small ideas into big packs. Why the heck would eco stuff need to be a big expansion?
    It's like they got the idea people only want real life stuff but want to throw the fans of other stuff a small bone without really committing to it.
    Like do it proper or don't do it at all.

• IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'd love a medieval pack.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited December 2020
    rhalius wrote: »
    Same here, a medieval expansion would not work well in the main series. Anything historic would not work with the gameplay beyond some mansion decorations.
    At most they could give us a proper making magic expansion with some medieval content instead of whatever the heck the magic realm was which didn't even give proper mage robes and hats.

Going medieval works best for a spin off and you are right, they should go back to spin offs again. Not that stupid mobile garbage, not sure anyone plays Sims on console either so no need to bother with that.

With a new Sims medieval game they could also delve into the many many IP's they are sitting on and aren't using. Like Dungeon Keeper. They could add some outfits, furniture, floor tiles, etc. from that series. The first game actually used a very similar art style that would blend right in.

I agree that the mobile games are garbage but there's no need to throw console players under the bus, that said however I would be willing to pay, I would love to play as an elf this time rather then being a pointy eared human, even the elves of Effenmont treated my sim like a human, I also loved Grim's red outfit they have to bring that sexy bad@ss look back.
  • DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    If they did ANYTHING like this, I'd faint from excitement.
  • FinnleyFinnley Posts: 20 Member
    I would love this as well.