Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store Item Not showing up in game

I have been having this issue for a while with one of my store bought items, the 'Braided, Bundled and Beaded' child's hair style. This item is not showing up in the game no matter how many times I uninstall and re-install it.

I have recently re-installed the game, no mods or CC, and downloaded only that store item. However, even though It shows as installed in the launcher and on the in game dashboard, it does not show up in CAS. Any help will be appreciated!

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    MAYBE, just maybe, you don't have the later store patch. Some items created after the later store patch need that store patch, which isn't available in the store any more. If you are on the latest patch (1.69), which requires Origin, then this shouldn't affect you. BUT if you are on an older version of the game, as am I, then, you need to find that later store patch and update it.

@ZeeGee shared an archive of the latest store patch (since the "download" on the store patch update page is no longer active):

http://simfileshare.net/download/462061/
  • meme009meme009 Posts: 46 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    MAYBE, just maybe, you don't have the later store patch. Some items created after the later store patch need that store patch, which isn't available in the store any more. If you are on the latest patch (1.69), which requires Origin, then this shouldn't affect you. BUT if you are on an older version of the game, as am I, then, you need to find that later store patch and update it.

@ZeeGee shared an archive of the latest store patch (since the "download" on the store patch update page is no longer active):

http://simfileshare.net/download/462061/

@ciane, thanks for yor help. Sorry for the late reply.. You are right, I am on patch 1.67 so will have to update the store patch. However, I think I will just do without the hair as I found the process updating the store patch too complicated

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    You should just have to download the file and put it in the contentPatch folder in the sims3 folder. That is all there is to it.