Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    If you don't own Seasons do the decorations for the Winterfest shot have to be included in the budget for the house? - they are very expensive.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Becka28 wrote: »
    If you don't own Seasons do the decorations for the Winterfest shot have to be included in the budget for the house? - they are very expensive.

Yes, sorry. You can try using debug objects to try to offset some of the cost.
    image.png
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited December 2020
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 143: Festive Bathroom
    FORUM ID: AIRIS6962
    ORIGIN ID: Airis6962
    LEVEL: Master?
    ROOM: Blanca Navidad
    GALLERY COST: 9,340
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: -
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Beautiful art work by #roseymow
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, but don´t be very hard, please.
    PICTURES:
    05-12-2020_18-58-55.png
    05-12-2020_18-59-29.png
    05-12-2020_19-00-40.png
    05-12-2020_19-02-43.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    I think Master level most definitely @AIRIS6962 :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thank you very much for your quick answer, dear @masajo <3 But I can remember that´s not which I had in my last entry. I have to use 'master' now then?
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Absolutely @AIRIS6962 :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg

I edited already to add 'master?' LOL
    Thank you dear Christine! :kissing_heart:
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    edited December 2020
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #144 - A Winterfest Miracle
    FORUM ID:KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID:KitelDesigns
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Civic Cliffs
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9C2EF91D376C11EB8F4405BB85D44FD3?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Kiteldesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 32363
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/95tnS9B
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art pics/framed art was picked from the Gallery, and was created by the following #San04071971 #Madboy6754 #lolopoppy #klary27 #abrantesli562

This mid-range cottage is a lovely home for those who are just starting out. The traditional layout of this cottage has been renovated with modern decor throughout. a large eat in kitchen, a large mastersuite, and spacious living room with attached office.

pcuahnv.png
    9svnDZx.png
    Post edited by KitelDesigns on
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 144: Teacher and Students
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    HOUSEHOLD: Ms. Owens and Students
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ZXXEV8u
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Ms. Owens is an English Teacher at Desert Winds High School. Last year, she was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer. After surgery, and months of treatment, she is now in remission. However her Medical debts forced her to sell her home. She is currently living in a Half-way Home for Cancer Survivors. Her students are ready to help Ms. Owens get a home for the Holidays.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!

aa34vGq.png
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited December 2020
    @BuildnShare - just wondering, have I completely missed the results for #141 Masters (A Small Family In Need)?
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Becka28 wrote: »

Yes, sorry. You can try using debug objects to try to offset some of the cost.

How exactly can you play the lot for several seasons and THEN include the decorations in the original price? Just wondering...

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    @iampes23 I don't believe you need to play the house in different seasons. They just need outdoor pictures of your house in summer to see the details of the yard that the snow hides in winter. If I am correct, when you go into build mode from the world menu it should always be summer.
  • EleneKEleneK Posts: 142 Member
    Hey guys, It's been a while. I still have to play test, but I just finished the build. Question: I considered myself an advanced Sims 3 builder. However, this is only my third sims 4 build. The basics are still there and, while there are fiddly bits, the learning curve isn't that steep. Can I enter as established?
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #143 - Bed and Breakfast
    Your results are now available here

GArBA5W.jpg
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    Not trying to press or anything, but when do you think we will hear back regarding the Established results for September and October's Challenges?

@BuildnShare
    @Simming_Spoonie @RachelShennan requests have been put out and these will be judged when available :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    ROOM ENTRY
    CHALLENGE – 144: Winter Festival Miracle
    FORUM ID: Jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmi1396
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A12FE31E36FD11EB8C08F8716E6D1AC6?category=rooms&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=newest&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=Christmas Bathroom (red)&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 6.698
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/WX8LoA5
    ENTRY DETAILS: Small bathroom with red and green christmas decor Arts by: #juwels64
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    PICTURES: 7WFULpj.png
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    EleneK wrote: »
    Hey guys, It's been a while. I still have to play test, but I just finished the build. Question: I considered myself an advanced Sims 3 builder. However, this is only my third sims 4 build. The basics are still there and, while there are fiddly bits, the learning curve isn't that steep. Can I enter as established?

Just leave the space blank and we'll decide where you belong.
    image.png
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    BUILD ENTRY
    CHALLENGE #144 - A Winter Festival Miracle
    FORUM ID: Jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmi1396
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Havisham House
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4F1747E03BD311EB8967D434B4652DF6?category=lots&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=downloads&amp;time=weekly&amp;searchquery=Miss Owens Home&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 32261
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/KTnWxz7
    ENTRY DETAILS: I used 1 pack: gettogether. 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom and there is a sunroom for help healing Ms. Owens. There is a little attic room, later she can design it as a guest room.
    PiCTURES:
    OCAtjUJ.png
    8OaVdPe.png
    CHALLENGE #144 - A Winter festival Miracle
    FORUM ID: becka28
    ORIGIN ID: beckablitz
    LEVEL: Estabished
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cottage Am See - Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: BNS144 Miss Owens Miracle
    LOT COST: $1,500
    GALLERY COST: $32,282
    TOTAL COST: $33, 728
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry) : I tried to limit packs - the 3 main packs were Cats and Dogs, Parenthood and the free holiday pack. One or two minor items come from Get together and Laundry Day. A lot of the objects in the living space feature the dark grey blue colour - I wanted it to look like they had painted the variety of donated objects to look uniform and belong together in the cottage. Miss Owens has a study and a beautiful window seat in the turret window to sit and read - or relax as she regains her health. I felt her favourite colour was pink (hence the exterior and bedroom colours). There are holiday decorations and as I don't own seasons - I made it a Summerfest celebration and placed Sandpals instead of Snow pals and placed some sand "snow" around them. I love the lot and feel its secluded location means the owners don't have to follow the dominant faux Tudor style of Windenburg.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

pdVnVeul.png
    O41KCVRl.png
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention Master Entrants for #143 - Bed and Breakfast

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 144: Teacher and Students
    FORUM ID: becka28
    ORIGIN ID: beckablitz
    HOUSEHOLD gallery link: Miss Owens & her Students
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow

ENTRY DETAILS: Miss Owens is a good teacher who always makes every student feel welcome and excited about her subject. She was extremely sick for several months and ended up in the hospital. She had to sell her house to pay the hospital bills, and she has been homeless ever since. Her students decided to form a committee to collect money to do something special for her and the town got behind their efforts and donated money, land and materials for a new home. Students were based on the following descriptions from the entry details: blonde and burly boy,
    red haired in the blue beanie, girl with bright pink cheeks and bubble gum pink hair and a male in a red parka. I tried to keep to the same packs as I used with Miss Owens house.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    tuzd1tD.jpg?1
    Ozj1DiGl.png

• liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    edited December 2020
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: liel88
    ORIGIN ID: Liel88
    LEVEL: Established?
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Riverside Roost
    NEW LOT LINK: A Merry New Start
    LOT COST: 2,500
    GALLERY COST: 32,307
    TOTAL COST: 34,807
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/0i2K4XD
    ENTRY DETAILS: This cozy little cottage is made out of different materials wich the students painted in warm colours suitable for Winter Festival. The furniture comes from practically everywhere, some of it is given by people who had no use for it anymore and some of it is store bought with the money the students collected. Some furniture has been repainted by the students so it would all match together.
    The students have also made holiday decoration and holiday cards.
    Since Miss Owens loves Winter Festival the students hope that she will feel right at home in her new place, surrounded by lovely holiday wishes and decorations.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please, always room for improvement.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    HvQl5jV.jpg
    8InY2Mu.jpg
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rustic Residence in Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: Christmas in the Country
    LOT COST: $2000.00
    GALLERY COST: $32,132.00
    TOTAL COST: 34,132.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS #144 - A Winter Festival Miracle
    ENTRY DETAILS: The lot that Marvin was no longer in need of just so happened to be in Windenburg. It was originally intended to be his vacation home, but as it turns out it will suit Miss. Owens quite nicely. The home has a European cottage style, with vines growing up the stone walls and a feature copper roof over the bay window. The house has two fireplaces in the home for extra warmth and a large dining space for Miss. Owens to enjoy spending Christmas with her students and friends. She is an avid knitter and so you will find many hand made items throughout the home. There is also a fishing pond on the property for Miss. Owens to enjoy during her summer holidays as well.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All nocc artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    bGGLg7g.png
    tpXlYN1.png
  • soloushensoloushen Posts: 41 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #14 - A Winter Festival Miracle
    FORUM ID: Soloushen
    ORIGIN ID: Woofhoof
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cottage Am See
    NEW LOT LINK: Lupin Cottage
    LOT COST: $1500
    GALLERY COST: $32474
    TOTAL COST: $33974
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Lupin Cottage
    ENTRY DETAILS: A small but cosy and charming cottage with everything that Miss Owens needs to get on the road to recovery. A spacious entrance hallway, a large living area, lovely kitchen, bathroom and a charming bedroom. The outdoors are perfect to relax in and enjoy the scenery and landscaping.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/louise.sutherland.9235
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Z5hs6nh.jpg
    RcTxaSE.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top