Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of work do you enjoy doing?

NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
Whether paid or not: I don't just mean what kind of employment; it could be any kind of work. Like, do you like organizing papers? Or do you prefer working with tools and materials? What would be your dream job if you could get paid doing what you most enjoy, and in daily life, what kind of work that isn't paid, is enjoyable rather than a dreaded chore, if any?
Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg

Comments

• xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    If I could get paid to do something that I enjoy, honestly, it would probably be the simple act of sorting things/organizing things alphabetically, by color, etc. It sounds ridiculous but it's so therapeutic to me and makes me feel so much better overall, and I have no idea why, ahaha.
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Everyone's different and that's why it's fun to find out. See, I hate sorting and organizing, and would rather dig actual ditches than do filing and sort paperwork. It takes all types to make the world go round, right?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    edited November 2020
    My goodness, there are so many things I would have loved to do as a job. Writing scripts, writing comedy, drawing characters, any art using non-digital materials, editing images in Photoshop, designing and making books.
    In general any creative project that allows me to go wild with my imagination without any ridiculously tight deadlines that don't even allow a minute for thinking, or constant revisions because the client couldn't decide what they wanted in the first place!
    I'd also say writing and illustrating stories as well, but am still trying to make this job a reality in the near future. 😂
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Does singing count as work? 😂 😂 😂
    If not, then maybe writing music/songs.

I also like making art tutorials.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    @DeKay Singing absolutely counts! And your art step-by-step videos are amazing, as is your art! Looks like you're living the dream, now all you need is to sign on with one of your fave bands, as a backup singer, and you're golden!

I like using my hand strength for good, so doing deep-tissue and sports massage would be great. But then, these days I get arthritic flareups, so maybe it would have been great, before?

Another thing I love is anything to do with tools, materials, machinery.

And I really enjoyed it when someone got something they had been struggling with, when I was tutoring, but that was a dangerous gig and I wouldn't sign on for that particular one again.

Have worked in restaurant kitchens and sometimes I miss the flow state, the fast pace and challenge, and yes, the dirty jokes we cracked and stories we shared...but wouldn't want to have to do that kind of work, now.

There were aspects of a gov't job I once had, that I liked. Primarily the people: it was like working with the Lone Gunmen from X-files. I still remember some of the people and their stories. But the work itself was deadly dull. And massive offices are a terrible work environment. Anything that requires those giant meetings...ugh. Love working with quirky weird people, but offices and cubicles just make me want to jump out a window.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    @PriestessBizarre so is his outdoor work something other than his music? Is he in a band, or a solo performer? Is he on Spotify? so interesting!

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Nothing, I like to do nothing. I enjoy laying on my back looking at my phone and all the interesting things that can be found online; or reading, except then I prefer laying on my side unless the book is light enough to be held up by my hands. I enjoy the quiet. I enjoy walking, fast pace, in good shoes and light clothing, with fast-paced music in my ears. I like to feel alone, unaware and untroubled by others. I used to prefer talking, dancing, looking at people, and things.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Thank you, that was very kind of you to say. I agree, there is nothing wrong with it.