Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who needs Sims4? When you have Lego!

Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
edited December 2020 in Off Topic Chat

A friend just recently completed this 'build' and gave me permission to share it here. :smiley:
My first thought was, "Sims 4!" :D

eqn5iPy.jpg
2Jmb3nt.jpg
Reticulating Splines...
9ODVlJh.png

Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Very nice!
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Very nice!

Even has people inside doing "Simmish" things. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    That is stunning. Always though Lego reminded me of Minecraft too. People make amazing homes in that game too. Should check out some of DrGluon's, James', and Deli's builds in Minecraft, they are amazing.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    With Sims 4 you don't have to worry about stepping on a stray block with your bare feet in the middle of the night... :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited December 2020
    I suppose anyone who doesn't want to buy heaps of plastic cubes to fill their house would prefer a game

keeps house clean when your worlds stay in game

but thats really good lego build though
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,183 Member
    Oh yeah, I bet your Lego doesn't get progressively worse with every update! HA HA! Oh wait....
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    With Sims 4 you don't have to worry about stepping on a stray block with your bare feet in the middle of the night... :D
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I suppose anyone who doesn't want to buy heaps of plastic cubes to fill their house would prefer a game

keeps house clean when your worlds stay in game

but thats really good lego build though

Lego has a Digital Designer application if you don't want to buy the bricks.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/help/products/themes-sets/digital-designer/about-lego-digital-designer-408100000007854

And there are some sites like this one

https://www.mecabricks.com/

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    This is so good! I want to try and recreate this in the Sims now :smiley:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Lego sets... what happened to the old days when you just had a pile of bricks and pieces and built whatever you wanted out of it?
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! I moved this thread to the OT section since it's about Lego. That's a very nice build by the way, @Admiral8Q! :)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,594 Member
    I actually played with Lego before I had The Sims. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    That looks really cool, @Admiral8Q :)
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Lego sets... what happened to the old days when you just had a pile of bricks and pieces and built whatever you wanted out of it?

I know, except I remember those days too, and...whatever we made just looked like a buncha bricks. It was virtually impossible to get any kind of detail. Everything looked like the original Minecraft. There is engineering pleasure in making something big and pixelated from just bricks, and admittedly the specialty ones quickly become something you need a system like this, to keep organized:

xPwadWdl.jpg

But I have a bit of an obsessive tendency when it comes to Lego builds. A big problem with Lego though, is the instability of them. The new blocks especially, are made from this inferior resin that's kind of slick to the feel, less dense somehow, and the builds are more wobbly, whereas old ones from my childhood snap together so tight and strong you need a special tool to get them apart again.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg