Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    You can use the 'modifyrelationship' cheat to add/remove sentiments. Good to know if the game pulls something weird on you.
    Article about it here:
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/12/10/the-sims-4-sentiment-cheats-base-game/
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    You can use the 'modifyrelationship' cheat to add/remove sentiments. Good to know if the game pulls something weird on you.
    Article about it here:
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/12/10/the-sims-4-sentiment-cheats-base-game/

I was wondering about "sentiments". When was that added? I honestly thought it was an update to a relationship Mod I was using. :o:p
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    It was added with the pre Snowy Escape patch, @Admiral8Q
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    83bienchen wrote: »
    It was added with the pre Snowy Escape patch, @Admiral8Q

Ok, like platforms. B)
    I like it! "Sentiments" adds more character to the Sims.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Yeah, with the stairs again... :D

I never thought of it, actually figured this out by accident when I didn't line up the stairs right with the upstairs.
    Instead of stretching them, you can put two (or more) sets of stairs right next to each-other to get railings in the middle.

g1fdj96.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Discover University:

If a Sim is in the bathroom stalls crying you can click on it and the option to console comes up. I thought that was just a trick of the trailer not an actual thing lol.
    I didn't know until fairly recently that photos in a character's inventory are stacked from the highest quality on the top, to the worse at the bottom. So instead of putting them all out on a wall, looking through them all one by one and only keeping to best, just take them out on a wall until the quality hits "normal" or worse. Then sell off the stack all at once to get rid of the krappy ones.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I didn't know until fairly recently that photos in a character's inventory are stacked from the highest quality on the top, to the worse at the bottom. So instead of putting them all out on a wall, looking through them all one by one and only keeping to best, just take them out on a wall until the quality hits "normal" or worse. Then sell off the stack all at once to get rid of the krappy ones.

I had no idea they were sorted this way, thanks for the tip!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Thanks for the tip @Admiral8Q but it doesn't work that way in my game, they're all mixed up. Did your Sim use a cell phone for those? Mine did last night and she had, in order of quality; 8, 9, 10, 9, 9. Perhaps it's different depending on what kind of camera your Sim uses?
    edited December 2020
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip @Admiral8Q but it doesn't work that way in my game, they're all mixed up. Did your Sim use a cell phone for those? Mine did last night and she had, in order of quality; 8, 9, 10, 9, 9. Perhaps it's different depending on what kind of camera your Sim uses?

I'm not sure if it's that exact. More like Outstanding first, then Normal, then Poor.

On a side note, I noticed kids can use a camera instead of the phone. Though they don't gain any photography skill. Nice thing though is being able to get large photos.

EDIT: It doesn't make a difference if it's the phone or any of the cameras. It's the quality of the photo. ;)
    Good question though
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited December 2020
    @Admiral8Q Right, I was talking about their value in simoleans. All those numbers I gave were the value of normal quality photos, none of them were poor or outstanding. So, perhaps if all their photos are the same quality, you might want to keep the one with the highest value. In my mind, that would be the one that's considered the best and it wouldn't necessarily be last in the stack. Now, if you had a mix of poor, normal and outstanding, then what you're sharing is most likely true. The poor would be first in the stack, outstanding last or vice versa in your experience. :)

Thanks for answering my question too about the type of camera your Sim used.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    @Karababy52 I often tend to take 5 photos 3 times in a row with a sim if they don't have good photography skill to hope for at least one "Outstanding" to keep. Sometimes a few times doing the 3 takes of 5 each. :D;)
    Builds up the photography skill quite quickly too.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

I feel like it's a bug but apparently taking pics of a Sim raises the relationship bar quickly. Like from complete strangers to best friends in a manner of seconds.
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I feel like it's a bug but apparently taking pics of a Sim raises the relationship bar quickly. Like from complete strangers to best friends in a manner of seconds.

Yeah, feels like a 'cheat'. But I just use that now instead of modifyrelationships cheat when I'm in a hurry to raise the relationship. If for some reason I don't want the relationship to be maxed after taking photos, I would actually use the cheat to bring it down.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    That you could alt place shelves. Don't know why I thought it was limited to wall decorations (and doors/windows with that patch) but now I know better!
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    That you could alt place shelves. Don't know why I thought it was limited to wall decorations (and doors/windows with that patch) but now I know better!

I've tried to reduce the need for enormous kitchens wrapped around in acres of counterspace and useless, purely decorative upper and lower cabinetry (because you need an entire counter/cabinet unit for each and every applicance to take up, on its own) by putting in open shelves, only to find to my dismay, that about the only things that can go on them, are candles or oil lamps, and the kava bowl. And dirty plates: Sims love to stack dirty dishes on those otherwise-useless shelves, then complain they can't reach them, to wash them.

Is there a way to USE the shelves we place on walls?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

I've tried to reduce the need for enormous kitchens wrapped around in acres of counterspace and useless, purely decorative upper and lower cabinetry (because you need an entire counter/cabinet unit for each and every applicance to take up, on its own) by putting in open shelves, only to find to my dismay, that about the only things that can go on them, are candles or oil lamps, and the kava bowl. And dirty plates: Sims love to stack dirty dishes on those otherwise-useless shelves, then complain they can't reach them, to wash them.

I use them to display collectibles. You just have to be sure to pick a deep enough shelf.
    @Admiral8Q I've used that method too. Unfortunately it quickly fills up the screenshot folder with unwanted duplicates I have to remove to avoid lag. If you have numerous screenshots, Sims, lots or even saves in their respective folders, it's a known fact it can/will cause lag in your game. Especially if your rig doesn't have the greatest specs. Only some of my Rags to Riches Sims use that method to get some quick simoleans. Most of my photography Sims buy the skill books to study instead. It's much more efficient doing it that way in my opinion. :)
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @Admiral8Q I've used that method too. Unfortunately it quickly fills up the screenshot folder with unwanted duplicates I have to remove to avoid lag. If you have numerous screenshots, Sims, lots or even saves in their respective folders, it's a known fact it can/will cause lag in your game. Especially if your rig doesn't have the greatest specs. Only some of my Rags to Riches Sims use that method to get some quick simoleans. Most of my photography Sims buy the skill books to study instead. It's much more efficient doing it that way in my opinion. :)

True. I have to go in and delete all that in the Screenshots folder. I wish there was a way to disable that.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member

Sure. Photos sometimes go on them, I use them for the Accolades and other awards that are given in game. I tend to use and abuse the Underrated Underwater Shelf myself. 3 slots per shelf.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2020
    I actually learned some new things today, probably stuff that everyone else already knew and I'm just discovering though haha.

First, I didn't realize that your sim can check stuff on their phone while using the toilet, super realistic we are all guilty of this LOL

NbDXIgm.png

Second, since I only recently got Seasons, I'm still learning a lot about the features, but I didn't realize that lightning strikes sometimes generate rare objects.

V4qnkxD.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    During Harvest fest when you call sims to a grand meal and have more than one dish on the table, sims will grab a different dish to eat that's placed on a table. I thought this was a nice detail as sims won't always go for the grand meal. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @Karababy52 I often tend to take 5 photos 3 times in a row with a sim if they don't have good photography skill to hope for at least one "Outstanding" to keep. Sometimes a few times doing the 3 takes of 5 each. :D;)
    Builds up the photography skill quite quickly too.

Did you know that photos taken with the tripod from Moschino stuff are never blurry or plagued by gnomes. I use it a lot since I discovered this. I also like the fact that I can take 10 pictures this way.
    take0nme wrote: »
    I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.

So one of the very first Did You Knows was about the scooting on a double bed that was against the wall. Here is an updated version of that;

Assign one of your Sims to the far side of the bed by the wall. When you click on the sleep icon in needs and you auto solve that need the Sim will get on the bed, scoot over and then tuck themselves in. If they aren't tired enough they will just nap on their side of the bed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top