Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genetics Patch

Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
Hello fellow simmers,
Just in case you are unaware genetics have just been patched to correct the issues with them not applying correctly with new skin tones. Super small patch but very good on them for fixing this fast :).

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,947 Member
    edited December 2020
    Oh, thank you!
    As soon as I found this post and looked up, there it is!
    December 14: Today is patch day! And what a patch this is ... 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

I'll begin updating then!
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Awesome! I’ve only played around a little bit, but I see a huge difference. I’m using the same light & dark skin combos I used yesterday when I only rolled the light skin tone of one parent. And today I am seeing the results I would expect to see, a nice range of tones in between. Hopefully this is consistent throughout the tones. I also just tested a few cool tones to see if I would get a warm-toned kid, which is another thing I heard was happening, and I am consistently coming up with cool-toned kids so that seems promising, too.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Maybe it's a good think I still haven't finished updating all my mods from last patch hahahaha *cries*
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Hello fellow simmers,
    Just in case you are unaware genetics have just been patched to correct the issues with them not applying correctly with new skin tones. Super small patch but very good on them for fixing this fast :).

You mean this:

December 14: Today is patch day! And what a patch this is ... To read the patch notes, click here!

Hello Simmers,

We have an important update for you to address the issues with Genetics, in which skin tones were not being applied appropriately. Thank you for your reports and assistance in tracking down these issues.

-SimGuruGnome
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,790 Member
    Does it mess with our mods? I just now saw the note up top. Just when all the mods I use have been cleared, too. Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Of course first look had to go in cas and see if randomizing would still make them favor one or two skins without actually blending.

F3DG8ll.png
    bwSmHER.png
    NmRq4eW.png
    RWx3qO4.png
    ZfQnL8p.png
    tetMZoV.png

....I like this patch, makes me excited for possibly giving us more pale tones and it wont be the same as a color wheel and all that blah blah but it would be nice to see if that is in the works anyways. Look how pretty they are I'll have to fix up their clothes then I'll upload them if anyone wants them...now to look for bugs.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    Maybe it's a good think I still haven't finished updating all my mods from last patch hahahaha *cries*

I literally spent all of yesterday making sure that the stuff I'd updated at the end of November was now updated to Dec 7th. Literally. I played last night to make sure it was good, copied the stuff to a USB and sent it over to my sister, who doesn't have the patience for this stuff. I'm waiting to see what's been broken before I break the news to her that we're not done!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,697 Member
    I would think the latest minipatch won't harm many mods. I mean the skins are already patched in, the change must only be some programming code re calculating skin dna. Only if I had a dna mod I might have worried. Btw, I have note even grabbed the 100+ skin patch yet, so I'll definitely fix it all in one go :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Does it mess with our mods? I just now saw the note up top. Just when all the mods I use have been cleared, too. Face/palm.

I installed it last night and played for a few hours afterwards and no mods seemed affected.
  • Options
    SeptJanOctSeptJanOct Posts: 69 Member
    Before the patch, I somehow ended up with a grandchild with the same skin tone as his grandfather. I think this was a thing before but it’s never happened to me