Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    YES
    IMO, it's selfish to demand The Sims 4 to last forever. It's already the longest, and we all had to say goodbye to our favorite entry in the series, whether it was The Sims 2 or The Sims 3.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    YES
    I'm more than ready for TS5, if no other reason to see what it's about .... give me editable worlds, please!
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    YES
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    IMO, it's selfish to demand The Sims 4 to last forever. It's already the longest, and we all had to say goodbye to our favorite entry in the series, whether it was The Sims 2 or The Sims 3.

I agree with that but at the same time, I'm personally still enjoying Sims 4 way too much to see it end.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    YES

I agree with that but at the same time, I'm personally still enjoying Sims 4 way too much to see it end.

It doesn't have to end. There's still people here playing The Sims 2. I still play Baldur's Gate every year. There's no shelf life on the single player experience.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    YES

And also it probably won't last forever. Eventually it will become to outdated for PC's to run it most likely. A new version ensures that the franchise has a longer future. I can't understand why people wouldn't want that.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    YES
    Eventually. I still need to reach gen 10. I'm only on 4?? I enjoy the game too. Also, I want EA to add a few more things to sims4. More supernaturals, update aliens a little more, ability to choose wedding dress, online dating, traveling to the future, ability to go to school with kids/teens. Free the babies.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,739 Member
    YES
    Question for those of you who want a Sims 5 and are willing to pay the price for it.

Do you really think things will be any different then they are now in TS4?

The reason I said No was that I don't believe they will bring back the heart and soul of the Sims. The base game might start off as a Wow, but as we have seen with TS4 it all goes downhill from there.

I hope so, the sims5 could have higher system requirements and better coding. It's not uncommon for developers to switch roles around and let other people take over as well, which could lead to new creativity like we saw with simGuruConor and Nifty Knitting for example.

A better base game could make future packs feel a lot different and work much better as well.
  • Options
    YES
    Question for those of you who want a Sims 5 and are willing to pay the price for it.

Do you really think things will be any different then they are now in TS4?

The reason I said No was that I don't believe they will bring back the heart and soul of the Sims. The base game might start off as a Wow, but as we have seen with TS4 it all goes downhill from there.

Actually, the answer to your question is in your question. It's called TS4 because it is not TS1, 2 or 3. Each is different. Every game is an experiment to see what works and what doesn't. After all, if it wasn't different, it wouldn't be TS5. It would be TS4 again. So new features will be added and old ones will be taken away. The game will be all-together different but based on what works/doesn't work. So yeah, it will be different. And it will have nay-sayers and it will have die-hards but all-in-all, it will have plenty of players in the middle; players like me. I love the game but obviously accept that there are many issues and grudgingly (at first) that is not TS3.

As for the bolded part of your explanation; well, it was the opposite for me. I personally played it for about 10 minutes when I first got it. I really hated it and even uninstalled it vowing not to play again. Then, after months, I came back to it and opened my mind and now I absolutely love the game. So the bolded part is a good opinion but it is your opinion and I know that many share it. I'm glad you shared it.

Please don't think that I'm insulting or in anyway discarding your feelings about the game and the series.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited December 2020
    NO
    No because its always going too be rated pgi 12, you think what they were able too get away with in the sims 1 & 2 they wouldnt be able to now, the sims series used too push boundaries a bit, now the sims 5 will probably be more childish than the sims 4 and some people complain about that lol
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    YES
    I do. I'd like to see what they come up with. Sims 4 has its pros and cons, as do the earlier versions. I liked TS1 and TS2 and ended up skipping TS3. Although I bought TS3, I only played it for a little while, The Sims were just too ugly. The graphics were nice though.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    YES
    Sharonia wrote: »

And also it probably won't last forever. Eventually it will become to outdated for PC's to run it most likely. A new version ensures that the franchise has a longer future. I can't understand why people wouldn't want that.

I agree and I think the whole idea of starting something new is very exciting, too. I feel that way about not only The Sims, but other series like Elder Scrolls and GTA, too (the former which has announced its sequel and the latter which lots of info has leaked to show its been in development awhile now).

In the case of The Sims, I can definitely understand people who feel like rebuying the same content a fifth time is a bit ridiculous, but that's really on the developers to ensure that each theme returns with tons of improvement from the predecessors. Compare The Sims 2: Pets to The Sims 3: Pets, for instance. The Sims 3 brought back the theme with loads of new features/customizability for dogs/cats and the horses were amazing. Everything capitalized on The Sims 3's open world and advanced customization. Then you look at The Sims 4, which brought back the theme for the fourth time, but for the first time in the series' history, charged a full expansion price for solely cats and dogs and called it a day with minimal improvements. Neither of the pets really made use of any of The Sims 4's very few staple features, either, but I digress.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    NO
    I do like the idea of new things, I mean who doesn't, but the amount of money spent on these games I could of had my dream vacation to Hawaii and then some.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    NO
    I don't want to buy a new game tbh. I've spent too much time and money on the Sims 4. So I guess even if there would be a Sims 5, as long as the Sims 4 still functioned well on my computer, I'd probably just stick with that. I only got the Sims 4 since my Sims 3 game was so corrupt and slow that I couldn't even play it anymore
  • Options
    YES
    I don't want to buy a new game tbh. I've spent too much time and money on the Sims 4. So I guess even if there would be a Sims 5, as long as the Sims 4 still functioned well on my computer, I'd probably just stick with that. I only got the Sims 4 since my Sims 3 game was so corrupt and slow that I couldn't even play it anymore

So are you saying that you don't want a TS5 at all? Because it sounds more like you're saying that you're just not ready for it at the moment.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    NO

I kind of feel the same way you feel, that you spent alot of money on the sims 4, its actually more expensive than the previous games, I dont want too start this all over again ever, of course the sims 4 needs too end at somepoint but not before they really make the base game at the match of its prodessors and fix game breaking bugs before they leave it @permanentrose
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2020
    NO

So are you saying that you don't want a TS5 at all? Because it sounds more like you're saying that you're just not ready for it at the moment.

@PenguinFoop I guess it would make sense for there to be one eventually, I'm just personally not ready to start investing in a new game for a while haha! But I didn't even get the Sims 4 until a few years after it came out so bring in the Sims 5 if people are ready, I'll just be playing the Sims 4 for a while longer. I don't even own half the packs/expansions for TS4 so this game still has a lot of potential for me.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2020
    NO
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Sorry I really don’t. The time of making a good game seems to be gone. Too much time is spent on making the game unicorns and rainbows. They will never add anything interesting because someone will be triggered. The last nail in the coffin is I believe they will try to put it online again.
    Sooo yeah I am not interested in another utopian sims games and definitely not interested in an online sims game.

Exactly this. With the triggered outrage culture going on what can they even do with a sims 5 game that won't cause mass outrage?
    Abd if it's not the best of all iterations combined simmers will have a fit.

Plus the direction of games In general are changing. Everything is loot boxes, over priced dlc, online, money for ever single thing and mobile gaming. Nothing like games of old. I have given up so many because of these things. I just want them to make ts4 the best it can be before it ends. Which hopefully won't be for a long time 🙂 I don't want it.
    If it happens it happens
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    YES

@PenguinFoop I guess it would make sense for there to be one eventually, I'm just personally not ready to start investing in a new game for a while haha! But I didn't even get the Sims 4 until a few years after it came out so bring in the Sims 5 if people are ready, I'll just be playing the Sims 4 for a while longer. I don't even own half the packs/expansions for TS4 so this game still has a lot of potential for me.

I'm with you on that! I personally own only a couple packs and am slowly building it up so if Sims 5 came out tomorrow, I would not buy it right away. But if it comes out in a few years, Yes I would.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    YES
    Ideally the Sims 5 base game would have:
    - Fully fleshed out life stages from baby to elder
    - In depth personalities and relationships beyond our imaginations
    - Crazy customization options (create a world, edit world tools, colour wheels, better Build/Buy, better CAS etc.)
    - A better gallery with more sharing options (share worlds, save files, outfits, etc.)
    - Seasons and pets
    - Staple features from existing packs (clubs, holidays and calendar, lot traits, reputations, retail, etc.)
    - All lot types should be ownable businesses
    - Toggle controls for virtually every single gameplay feature

Sad to think we'll never get this game.
  • Options
    SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    YES
    The only reason I want a sims 5 is because a new sims game could be made on a different engine. If it's made on a different engine, it would more than likely be easier to implement things that a lot of simmers want, like an open world. With that being said, there isn't a guarantee that another sims game will be better than the games we have now.
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    NO
    I voted NO. I actually still play Sims 3 mostly because I like it so much better. Sims 4 is like a palate cleanser between meals, sometimes nice but not really necessary.

I've been playing since the beginning, which is a really long time, and I don't think it can be improved. I wouldn't be interested in an online game.

On the other hand, most games tend to discount or ignore the female players of the world, as is evident in the overwhelming number of EA games that center around racing, shooting, racing and shooting. I've been an EA Play member for several months and have yet to find anything I want to play long-term, because it's all the same. Perhaps they should take the time and energy they would expend on TS5 and apply it to a new type of game that would appeal to girls...maybe actually talk to us and find out what we like.
  • Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    NO
    Sharonia wrote: »

As someone who has played The Sims since the beginning, I've seen favorite characters and games disappear with the arrival of new ones. TS2 replaced TS1 fairly easily as it offered so much versatility and much better graphics. TS3 was a little harder sell, mostly because of what I said previously - I had so many games and characters that I enjoyed playing with that it was hard to leave. But the lure of TS3 was too great - traveling around the neighborhood, AND the infinite possibilities with patterns and such! I have SO MANY Worlds and so many Sims and I still love playing the game. I held off on TS4 until it went on sale last year for next to nothing. I wasn't impressed. But it was shiny and new so I started making a few purchases just to see if it would improve. Sadly, it both did and did not.

I guess what I'm saying is that a further version would be something either totally different, which would distance it from the franchise, or it might be an attempt to "fix" TS4 by appropriating TS3, neither or which will have me running out to buy it.

• Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    NO
    As a general question, I'm not interested in starting completely over with a base game. There is still plenty to be done with Sims 4 and I am pretty happy with the variety of play I have so keep at it.
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 722 Member
    edited December 2020
    YES
    Sims 5 all the way! Looking forward to the open world drama lama story progression! Can't wait to see the FUN happen!

Edit: I am still hoping for story progression/life issues for the sims 4 before sims 5 comes out though, that there is enough for me when it comes to sims 4.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here