Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More packs inspired by challenges

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
When we got Tiny Living, I remember hearing one of the simgurus saying they went with that pack idea cuz our community loved playing the "build a tiny house" challenge or whatever it is called. I was thinking here, wouldn't it be lovely to have other packs inspired by our favorite game play challenges?
Maybe a Not So Berry Stuff Pack with a bunch of new hairstyles, clothing and skin colors inspired by the rainbow with neon, pastel and regular rainbow colors.
Maybe a Rotational Game Pack with a new game play feature to help us manage our rotations, maybe a feature to manage our townies/npcs jobs, etc...
Or a Decades Legacy EP with a new "decades" feature, where when you start a new game it will ask if you want to play a regular sims game or a Decades Challenge setting which will lock some technologies and clothing. This pack could also introduce new objects, clothing, and maybe even time travel machine where your sims could go back to an specific decade that has passed already.
What are your thoughts about it? Also, what are your ideas on how the devs could translate our challenges into actual gameplay features?

Comments

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I would definitely buy a rotational pack! I’m not sure what the gameplay would be like though.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    edited December 2020
    How about an asylum pack? The Sims 4: Get Institutionalized.

This is why I'm not allowed to have ideas.
  • Options
    @Rouensims maybe we could think about ideas together?! Maybe a toggle system where you can be sure your sims, their skills or relationships don't get culled ever. Or a full on set of toggles like the ones we have in MCCC, cuz its really useful to play rotationally. Then, the other gameplay could focus on adding things like spend a vacation at your grandparents house and some "generation" stuff.

@Flikka_Flikka hahaha omg. Would be useful for the challenge, but probably controversial.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Or a Decades Legacy EP with a new "decades" feature, where when you start a new game it will ask if you want to play a regular sims game or a Decades Challenge setting which will lock some technologies and clothing. This pack could also introduce new objects, clothing, and maybe even time travel machine where your sims could go back to an specific decade that has passed already.
    Not a bad idea.
    Could be interesting on the tech side, if all phone calls were redirected through a home phone, rather than to the sims current phones.
    And applying for jobs was done via a type writer, or hand written, and posted.

It's be nice if we could have clothing and furnishings from the two world wars. Or maybe they could be included in a modernism and deco stuff pack, then there could also be a 80's and 90's stuff pack, and maybe a 60's and 70's one too.
    Eras stuff packs would make so much sense!
    Have an EP for the decades, and the stuff packs to flesh them out further.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    @Rouensims maybe we could think about ideas together?! Maybe a toggle system where you can be sure your sims, their skills or relationships don't get culled ever. Or a full on set of toggles like the ones we have in MCCC, cuz its really useful to play rotationally. Then, the other gameplay could focus on adding things like spend a vacation at your grandparents house and some "generation" stuff.

@Flikka_Flikka hahaha omg. Would be useful for the challenge, but probably controversial.

Great ideas! :)

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I have no interest in challenges so I don’t like I would get much use from a pack like this.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I would love to not have to have a cell phone attached to my sims hip! I used to love when the phone rang and I'd forget where it was in the house and by the time I found it, it would stop ringing.

Applying for jobs and correspondence could be done thru the newspaper and snail mail.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I have no interest in challenges so I don’t like I would get much use from a pack like this.

@Sharonia yes you would. You don't need to play the challenges to get use out of it. You don't need to be building tinyhouses to use all of Tiny Living assets. You could use the new settings to play the challenge, or you could jsut play a normal game with your new objects, clothing and new interactive objects or whatever they are called (the brand new types of objects with new interactions).

@Movotti you have such cool ideais, better work for EA or Paralives. ;)
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    Would be fun to have a game pack focused on the Build a City Challenge, and that I could unlock different venus as I progressed in the tasks I have to make. Maybe it could even be tied to a Create a World too (idk, maybe it would be too big and would be an ep instead of a gp).
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    On the game play option in the game already, there is the legacy challenge and off the grid. Maybe they will do a 100 baby challenge or another one?
    I would love to have a rational challenge, or maybe a challenge that branches off of the Legacy challenge. Like choosing the heirs could be a branched off of the legacy challenge.
    I don't really play challenges, because I like to do my own thing, but it would still be an interesting idea.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Forgeron wrote: »
    Would be fun to have a game pack focused on the Build a City Challenge, and that I could unlock different venus as I progressed in the tasks I have to make. Maybe it could even be tied to a Create a World too (idk, maybe it would be too big and would be an ep instead of a gp).

Now that's a gameplay challenge I would really enjoy (and would actually finish!). I would also like a real estate or house flipper type career where you buy a cheap run down house and fix it up and make a profit when you sell.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited December 2020
    When we got Tiny Living, I remember hearing one of the simgurus saying they went with that pack idea cuz our community loved playing the "build a tiny house" challenge or whatever it is called. I was thinking here, wouldn't it be lovely to have other packs inspired by our favorite game play challenges?
    Maybe a Not So Berry Stuff Pack with a bunch of new hairstyles, clothing and skin colors inspired by the rainbow with neon, pastel and regular rainbow colors.
    Maybe a Rotational Game Pack with a new game play feature to help us manage our rotations, maybe a feature to manage our townies/npcs jobs, etc...
    What are your thoughts about it? Also, what are your ideas on how the devs could translate our challenges into actual gameplay features?

I'd get this one on release :)

I'd also welcome a pack intended for video makers and story tellers.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited December 2020
    The only challenge I have ever enjoyed playing is Pinstar's Legacy Challenge. He's created one for Sims 2-4. I found out that in playing (without mods or cheats) I had things occur in my game that I had never experienced before. Got my very first Alien Abduction in Sims2. That half-alien Sim went onto University and managed (I don't know how) to get into the Secret Society. That was a hoot. I don't need in-game challenges, at least nothing more than the goals for an Event, that is. I prefer to tell my own stories. :)

@Simmerville, I would welcome a Decades game, too. With the hope it goes far enough back in time, say to the 18th century? Yeah, I'm a little obsessed about that century.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    edited December 2020
    Forgeron wrote: »

Now that's a gameplay challenge I would really enjoy (and would actually finish!). I would also like a real estate or house flipper type career where you buy a cheap run down house and fix it up and make a profit when you sell.

@Chicklet453681 yeah, would be fun to have those careers in this "Build-A-City Challenge" expansion pack.
    @Simmerville, I would welcome a Decades game, too. With the hope it goes far enough back in time, say to the 18th century? Yeah, I'm a little obsessed about that century.

They could do a "time bar" or something similar to the evolutionary bar we had in Spore. Once you completed some goals you could choose to enter the next stage, in this case the next decade.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'd like to suggest the "in depth content" challenge to the developers for a pack! :)

Joking aside, I love anything that adds challenge to the game and tiny living was a good concept so I'd be happy if they added more packs inspired by/with challenges included.
  • Options
    EmersedCrownEmersedCrown Posts: 120 Member
    I would LOVE a historical pack. As someone who plays history challenges a lot, it would be awesome to not need CC/to cheat my sims to the top of the acting career to get my hands on older style outfits.

As well as clothing, it would be great to have some more historical objects: to build your writing skill with an actual book rather than a computer; a quill; a loom...
  • Options
    smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    > @EmersedCrown said:
    > I would LOVE a historical pack. As someone who plays history challenges a lot, it would be awesome to not need CC/to cheat my sims to the top of the acting career to get my hands on older style outfits.
    >
    > As well as clothing, it would be great to have some more historical objects: to build your writing skill with an actual book rather than a computer; a quill; a loom...

I totally agree, I would love to do a decades style challenge for fun but I am cautious about CC and would hugely prefer if this was a feature in the game. Probably would make a good expansion as there are so many different time period items I would love to see!
  • Options
    SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    I’d like an historical challenge.