Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Talk Fairies! (And Werewolves)

Comments

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I would 100% buy this pack! This is EXACTLY what this game needs! Some more whimsy and mischief and horror! And with the theme being based around fairytales, it would be very easy to market to the "general consumer," not just fans of the supernatural. It would be cool if it had some integration with RoM too, like a spellcaster being able to turn their house into gingerbread/candy (or, you know, just add those bits to build mode...but it would be kind of fun to be able to do it by magic...), and other sims (namely gluttons) could actually eat away sections of wall or eat the door off the door frame. Oh, the possibilities...

And to be able to set up "Strangerville"-style stories of our own to play through with our sims sounds like fun! Maybe even give us some way to share our scenarios on the gallery for other players to try out as well. I'd really like to be able to create a custom boss fight too, where applicable. I thought that bit was really interesting in "Strangerville," and I think that (with a few tweaks) that system could be something special...especially in the hands of players... >:)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • MariLxMariLx Posts: 34 Member
    I am in love with this pack ideia!
    Give us the fairytales and gives us the occults! Let us a build a story!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I still want Fairies, Genies & Werewolves as sims.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    as i player i say no to any new supernaturals ingame unless they include toggles to turn them off in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yes please!!! This sounds like an amazing idea for a pack, I'd buy it immediately.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    This would be right up my alley :)
  • Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    Bring it on! Although I think it makes more sense if they separate werewolves and fairies because honestly I can’t see them integrated in a pack. I’d like to see a synthetic meat for werewolves that are vegetarian since vampires already have one which is plasma fruit. As for what I want the werewolves to look like I’d prefer bipedal hunchbacked wolves with ripped clothing. As for fairies I can see us getting a beautiful garden looking world with maybe some tree looking houses it would look so nice. Also different elements for fairies such as choosing between light or dark, some fairies can be good and love nature and some can poison nature.
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I just hope than when they finally added these two occults they have unique interaction to other occults, because I currently I have yet to find unique interaction between vampire and spellcaster, for example vampire can drink from fairy or spellcaster and it gives them bonus perk like thirst never decays for 3 days, or gain the increased intensity to their vampiric powers. Like twice the speed of vampire run for example. Spellcaster can have unique spell only applied to vampire like casting sun illusion to vampire or fairy can curse vampire and make their thirst decay faster. Etc. That would totally improve the occult gameplay.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 370 Member
    I literally just posted this in a different thread about ideas for packs:

Ren Faire: The big draw on this would be a bunch of CAS and build mode stuff that gave you more options to make medieval up to early modern era (c. 1500 or so) houses and clothing styles. But also it would re-introduce fairies into the game (because you can't have a Ren Faire without people dressing up like fairies or elves), open up pointy ears to everyone, and also introduce horns you can put on your sims (that are just hats, not a genetic thing, or maybe they're a genetic thing). Have the Ren Faire be a separate world Sims can visit, but give us the tools to build our own fantasy settings. Create a couple of new lot types that would let us make a medieval equivalent of bars, libraries, etc. that don't need modern electronics. Also, add in a tabletop roleplaying game item: a stack of books that, if you click on them, you can send from two to six sims to a table and chairs to play a fantasy roleplaying game. It'd fulfill fun and social needs, and if it needs some more visual spice, maybe little ghostly knights and dragons and whatnot appear above the table to act out what's happening in the game.

Fairy Tale: This is 100% exactly like Ren Faire, except the neighborhood would be an enchanted forest where people could live rather than a Renaissance Festival vacation destination, and the pack would also include werewolves.
    It's Fall, time for Sims 4 to get the Werewolves & Fairies.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    It's Fall, time for Sims 4 to get the Werewolves & Fairies.

Totally! I hope they have them in the works. <3
    #Team Occult
  • CaptainCane16CaptainCane16 Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love to see some fairy tale content in the game! That is one thing I miss from Sims 3 and it irks me I spent money on a set from their store and nothing like it carried to TS4!
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    Personally, I love fairies and werewolves and they have so many lore about them out there! However knowing the sims 4, they'll be inspired by modern representations (as we saw for spellcasters)!
    But if we have the traditional fairy lore, I would love them to have "specialities" and "alignement": Specialities would be for exemple fairy Godmother (a fairy can give a special trait to a baby at birth and depending if the fairy is a good or an evil one, the trait would be a gift....or a curse; also they could take care of children, transform dolls into a real child - inspiration from Pinochio here - and the child's traits would be either "perfect" or "parents' worst nightmare"; They can also replace babies by baby fairies - inspired by the legends and tales around changelings - ; It could be great to have Cinderella's moments where the Godmother allow the sim to be more "seductive" or more competent to learn a skill/boost job performance and then at midnight the perk vanishes)
    As specialities, we could also have trickster fairies, weather fairies with seasons, animal fairies with cat and dogs (or farming?), domestic fairies (that have special interactions with handiness skills, cooking skills, cleaning), garden fairies (who unlocks special plants and fruits).
    With all of that, I really wish we can build the fairy houses ourselves.

I don't have much to say for werewolves except that I hope they have a Lycanthrope form and not just a hairy face! But if we take inspiration from tales, werewolves should be able to improve their logic skill faster as tricksters (little red ridinghood), they could hide easily thanks to a camouflage (which can cause mischief and gives advantages to kleptomaniac sims or to hide from vampires and hunters); In some tales werewolves are really great at disguising. They could also have two different "lifestyles" that give different advantages and perks depending on the simmer's choice: lone wolf or pack leader (that could be linked to aspirations).

About tales I think if they give us a "create an aspiration/story tool" we could do amazing things cause that's way it would be so much easier to link every occults in the pack (and will please realistic, supernatural and sci fi players)
    @jomilej Great ideas! I really love that you brought up Changelings because that's something I think would be AMAZING in the game. I'd love to have a Fairy or Goblin sneak in and switch out a normal Sim's infant to be a Fairy instead, and not know until they age up to Toddler and start exhibiting weird traits. <3

The story tool could even be something like the way the old Mad Libs are done, but in a game story version. There are blanks in the story where the player selects characters and outcomes and emotions and then they go through the adventure with their chosen Household. Like little versions of StrangerVille/Journey to Batuu only there's a variety of Tales to choose from and the player effects the who, where and how. Modders could add new Tales to download. A tool like that would also be really good for Storyteller players who like to set up scenarios or make videos. I just think it would be really new and innovative if it could be done. It might be too complicated but you never know.
    #Team Occult
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    I love this idea OP! I have very little hope we'll ever see anything this cool but...I'd snatch it right up if they actually did it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    2020 was pretty uneventful for occult players. I'm counting on 2021! The ideas in this thread is amazing! Whatever they do, I hope the team doesn't go for a really modern perspective. Still a bit disappointed in spellcasters.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    I just recently figured it out that the dev release occults every 2 years.
    For example:
    Aliens 2015
    Vampires 2017
    Mermaids & Spellcasters 2019
    Fairies & Werewolves 2021(Ok, that's just my wishful think on the last part)
    For example:
    Aliens 2015
    Vampires 2017

Ooh!! I hope you're right!
    #Team Occult
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    For example:
    Aliens 2015
    Vampires 2017

Ooh!! I hope you're right!

Same! I hope 2021 will be the year of the occults! Realism players have been catered to a lot this year, so I'm hoping to see the people who enjoy occults get some love in the new year. Would be fantastic!
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited December 2020
    Tiny suggestion: Any age level of regular Sim turn into Occult Fairy will shrink back to Kids Stage, or when you create an Occult Fairy in CAS, Kids Sim is the only option.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    Tiny suggestion: Any age level of regular Sim turn into Occult Fairy will shrink back to Kids Stage, or when you create an Occult Fairy in CAS, Kids Sim is the only option.

I can't say I would prefer that myself, I don't really play with kids that much and I'd really like to have adult Fairies, but child and toddler fairies should most definitely be an option!
    #Team Occult
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I personally would love to see werewolves to be still bipedal, I think werewolf in modern media adaption looks like just a regular wolf(looking at you the vampire diaries) seems pretty stupid to me.

I want werewolf that looks like the one in skyrim.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I personally would love to see werewolves to be still bipedal, I think werewolf in modern media adaption looks like just a regular wolf(looking at you the vampire diaries) seems pretty stupid to me.

I want werewolf that looks like the one in skyrim.

I agree, while I wouldn't mind the option for werewolves to look like they do Vampire Diaries and Twilight, but I would love the more traditional wolf-man Skyrim werewolf. (As long as they don't look like the teen-wolf rejects from TS3 again I'll be happy).
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »

I'm curious about your logic for this, as Fae are certainly not just children. Even if you're going with the Pretty Pixies variety. It honestly seems a bit limiting without cause.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    If fairies are added, there needs to be the possibility that if you interact with them, your baby will be swapped with a changeling.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top