Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any good mod for finish party option?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hi, I want to have the option that my sim can finish the party any time. Because it takes ages in my game. Usually, the party starts about at 3 pm and then it continues up to 7 am next morning. I'm afraid of throwing parties in the sims 3. It takes toooo long. 5 or 6 hours of party time is just right.

Also the guests complain about less party food even though they rarely take the food my sims made. So I placed only the party table which I can pay 250? to summon food on table. Then the guests complain about lack of food. I have my sims make food without party table, then they also complain about lack of food. After the party, all perfect quality of food went bad and unable to eat which is wasting food. This is another reason I'm afraid of throwing parties. Is this happening only in my game?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2020
    The length of an actively thrown party is supposed to depend on the party type and the time the guests actually get counted as having arrived. A Birthday Party will be the shortest, kids are often involved after all, while a Slumber Party will last all night and a Bachelor(ette) Party could go on for days, or so it feels. But when you've had enough, you should be able to send the guests home (MasterController's Go Home command is one way) and after the last one leaves the party should register as having concluded. Note if you do that too soon, however too soon is measured, your guests won't think they had enough time to enjoy the party and will downgrade their impressions of it accordingly.

On the food, guests won't appreciate it if they don't realize it's there; we often have to serve it to them. Since handing over plates one at a time tends to cause collisions and full plates of food being placed on the ground instead of being eaten and enjoyed, I often use icarus' Set the Table mod for a more organized sit down dinner portion of the event (doesn't have to involve everyone there). For smaller less formal parties, I can usually manage to get some food into the guests one at a time before it all has a chance to spoil but it's true that prepared meals can't sit out unrefrigerated for unlimited hours on end without that happening. How long prepared food can last on a table will depend on how freshly/long ago it was made and the quality of the fridge it may have been stored in prior. If there's more platters than are really needed, especially if guests "helpfully" bring their own to share, then I usually put the extras away in the fridge for later or for the hosts to enjoy the next day as leftovers.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @igazor - At no party, have I ever had to serve any of the greedy Sims in any of my worlds a plate of food! These Simmies can eat (and drink) like nobody's business. They are often making double and triple visits to the food table! In the past, guests used to show up with food to share at my Sim's party. Now, these jokers just show up and devour food like it's an all-you-can-eat buffet for free.

That may (to a certain extent) be partially my fault as I am always feeding townies (I just can't let a Sim go hungry). If there is one thing my townies have learned, it's that there is a free meal to be had at the place where the little green active plumbob resides :D.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @mw1525 - Well yeah, if you make it a habit to feed strays then of course they are going to keep hanging around. come to expect it, and bring their friends and family along next time. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    The length of an actively thrown party is supposed to depend on the party type and the time the guests actually get counted as having arrived. A Birthday Party will be the shortest, kids are often involved after all, while a Slumber Party will last all night and a Bachelor(ette) Party could go on for days, or so it feels. But when you've had enough, you should be able to send the guests home (MasterController's Go Home command is one way) and after the last one leaves the party should register as having concluded. Note if you do that too soon, however too soon is measured, your guests won't think they had enough time to enjoy the party and will downgrade their impressions of it accordingly.

On the food, guests won't appreciate it if they don't realize it's there; we often have to serve it to them. Since handing over plates one at a time tends to cause collisions and full plates of food being placed on the ground instead of being eaten and enjoyed, I often use icarus' Set the Table mod for a more organized sit down dinner portion of the event (doesn't have to involve everyone there). For smaller less formal parties, I can usually manage to get some food into the guests one at a time before it all has a chance to spoil but it's true that prepared meals can't sit out unrefrigerated for unlimited hours on end without that happening. How long prepared food can last on a table will depend on how freshly/long ago it was made and the quality of the fridge it may have been stored in prior. If there's more platters than are really needed, especially if guests "helpfully" bring their own to share, then I usually put the extras away in the fridge for later or for the hosts to enjoy the next day as leftovers.

The party type is mostly bonfire party, juice keg party in the university world and house party in home world. Also I threw a party at the beach yesterday. I wanted to choose pool party but there was no option on the list. I don’t remember what type was. But it was finished just before 9 pm. I was happy with this. Oh.. I clicked on party food but I couldn’t find ‘call to eat food for guests’ at the beach. I didn’t have choice. But anyway, the guests enjoyed food themselves. I don’t have time to manage food in the party. My sims are busy enough to help other sims do juice keg. The sims keep calling my sims for help.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @igazor - At no party, have I ever had to serve any of the greedy Sims in any of my worlds a plate of food! These Simmies can eat (and drink) like nobody's business. They are often making double and triple visits to the food table! In the past, guests used to show up with food to share at my Sim's party. Now, these jokers just show up and devour food like it's an all-you-can-eat buffet for free.

@mw1525 ^I've so noticed that too! :lol: This is why you sometimes find certain townies to suddenly be fat. I have no doubt...

:p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @emorrill - Why, whatever could you mean? :D:D;)

1xs8ny5zlkxj4jl4g.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @emorrill - Why, whatever could you mean? :D:D;)

1xs8ny5zlkxj4jl4g.jpg

🤣🤣🤣 is that guy from too much food at party?
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I have found guests won't leave the food alone at parties and keep going back for more. These are from about a year ago but it has happened more recently as well.

Agnes Crumplebottom before and after :D:D:D
    29587145857_5bce6c2093_o.jpg
    42715823240_691910f75e_o.jpg
    42715820610_5db1becdee_o.jpg

As for parties ending in a timely manner I will have one of the hosts interact with one guest using the "ask everyone to leave" (may not be exact wording) option.
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    As for parties ending in a timely manner I will have one of the hosts interact with one guest using the "ask everyone to leave" (may not be exact wording) option.
    Yes, there is that way too. But I've had guests ignore that directive, not sure if their doing so is trait or type of party related. It's very difficult to impossible for them to ignore a MasterController command. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @igazor I've never had a sim ignore that directive. My town sims must be well behaved ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @igazor I've never had a sim ignore that directive. My town sims must be well behaved ;)
    I think we've covered this before. Your sims are afraid of you and would be more likely to do whatever you tell them or have the sims under your control tell them for fear of...well, something. Sometimes I think they don't know quite what to make of me. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited December 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    I think we've covered this before. Your sims are afraid of you and would be more likely to do whatever you tell them or have the sims under your control tell them for fear of...well, something. Sometimes I think they don't know quite to make of me. :)

Total Annihilation :innocent: Yeah...petrified. ~nervous tic~
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Total Annihilation :innocent: Yeah...petrified. ~nervous tic~
    To be honest, I had you in mind as well when I was thinking of sims who must be afraid of their players.

But that was more along the lines of things exploding and catching fire all around them, not Total Annihilations. I don't think anyone who has undergone a TA could by definition speak to this, but I have to imagine it doesn't really hurt very much. I mean, it's not like a lingering painful death or a means of "teaching a sim a lesson," nor would it be stressful to the surviving sims since they wouldn't be able to miss the dearly departed from not being around them any longer. TAing would just erase them from ever having existed.

Too philosophical? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Oh so eventually, I purchased 'legendary host' reward. It will help the party. I'm going to host a party at beach again while my lifeguard sim is working. I can have a look how the sims react when I leave my sims with free will without helping or serving anything the party guests. Then I will be much relaxed even though the party will go longer.
  • Options
    @jeansoo - Sorry it took so long for me to respond.

That's VJ Alvi (Sunset Valley). VJ is one of the Sims who seems to naturally have a very large appetite, no matter which save he is in. I really don't know what caused him to gain the weight in that game as I try not to put out 'fattening foods' too often for my townies. In truth, VJ may just be a Sim who easily puts the weight on. I think there are some Sims who are programmed to have a slow metabolism.

So, yeah, when the Sims pig-out at my parties, the very next day I will find some of them have gained massive amounts of weight overnight. They generally (at some point) drop by the gym to 'work it off'.

As far as getting guests to leave goes, I really enjoy the parties my Sim throws and love when they run extra long.