Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More representation of indigenous cultures?

124...Next

Comments

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Tammors wrote: »
    > @Karon said:
    > It would be like making a "asian" themed pack instead of a "japanese" or "south korean" themed packs, but...

That sounds good, but it's typical American thinking to assume that all Asian cultures are the same. Japan and Korea are right next to each other, but their cultures are quite different. The same goes for the other Asian countries. To be honest, the uproar would have been worse if they merged Asian cultures together, because then people would be saying "our culture doesn't do that!"

Of course, after the big stink Koreans put up about having Japanese elements in the game, the developers are probably gonna shy away from ever having any other expansions set in non-white countries.

yep, thats why I made the correlation. I think making an "generic indigenous" themed pack would be as bad as that.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2020
    @Ancaryvan Star Wars pack was actually voted worst pack and that was based on USA modern culture theme park that the Gurus personally visited for reference too at Disneyland and poll was in this forum too and had the worst backlash yet.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984260/worst-sims-pack-of-all-time/

So for making people happy, sorry that has been proven wrong already and Sims 4 being American only is one of the biggest complaints of the Sims 4 especially by those that don't even play this iteration anyways. Seems like bad business to cater to a tiny minority of the world that refuse to be customers even six years later.

Shows that a Candyland pack even will sell better than an American franchise pack. LOL Thanks to the real political zealots wanting to keep the Sims games American showing that it doesn't appeal to them either. I love how they proved themselves wrong.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller