Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is imgur unreliable for you?

2...Next

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I've never had any issues with it and I just used it today a few minutes ago and it was fine. I wonder if it has to do with your physical location or ISP Provider
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I'm having problems with it right now. Every time I try to upload an image it says create_album_fail
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Just upload one at a time.
    Keep in mind imgur is mainly for memes and animated gifs to be spammed on social media. Not for storing and sharing pics. So it's no wonder it gets overloaded.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I've been using Imgur ever since Photobucket started charging exorbitant prices and hijacked all my images there. I have hundreds of images on my Imgur account and any problems I've ever had were usually due to a slow connection on my end. However, like others have said, don't try to upload big batches of large png images at a time. Imgur will sometimes have a problem with that and you'll get the 'uh oh, something went wrong' message and have to try again with half of them. I have the best luck uploading around 3-5, maybe up to 7 images at a time.

I've used the Postimage site in the past, but I think I stopped going there since they didn't have an album option. Maybe they do now, I have no idea. Wow, @PriestessBizarre I had no idea Imageshack was still around. I loved them back in TS2 days when my Proboards forum was open. Our members could upload images straight from their computers because Proboards had a partnership with them or something. Unfortunately, it was dropped at some point. I thought Imageshack had closed, but I see that's not the case. It would be fabulous if this forum offered something like that too, eh?

I've also used my Flickr and Google accounts to store/post images in the past as well. :)
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    I've never used Imgur because I'd heard there were problems with it. Instead I use Postimg.org, which I've had no problems with in the 3 or so years I've been using it.

Just tried going there and got this message:

ERROR
    The requested URL could not be retrieved
    The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: http://postimg.org/

Unable to determine IP address from host name postimg.org

The DNS server returned:

No DNS records
    This means that the cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL. Check if the address is correct.

@catmando830 oops, my bad. Try postimages.org; though I'd swear the link I originally posted was the one I bookmarked, will need to check in morning. Btw the one I just gave is what I got searching "postimge".
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I don't have any problems with it. I used to use Photobucket til they changed everything.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited December 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    It's been buggy for me recently. It started taking ages to upload images and not working most the time when I try to upload more then one, and recently it's been making me watch an ad every time I want to upload anything. I've moved to imgbb now.

That was exactly the problem I had. One image takes a long time, uploading a group of images doesn't work. The whole "watch an ad" thing really isn't a problem with me, as I use an ad blocker.
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I had trouble loading Imgur a few days ago. I checked a down detector website and a few other people had also reported problems. When I tried the next day, it was back to normal and working fine.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png