Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the Transform feature on the Simray supposed to do?

When my scientist sim upgraded her Simray to have the "Transform" feature I assumed it would open the CAS and you'd be able to actually change the sim's appearance or maybe it would actually change them randomly but so far as much as I can tell NOTHING happens. Is this a conflict with mods maybe or has anybody seen any changes happen beyond the sim pleading for them not to shoot them with the ray? On a side note my scientist is also a part-time astronaut and she had built her ship and gotten quite a few upgrades then she went thru the wormhole and now her spaceship is gone? Was that cause she returned via the special wormhole device so now she has to build a new ship?

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    It's supposed to change their hair color and/or skintone. I couldn't tell you whether or not it's bugged though, because I've never tried to do it.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,473 Member
    Thanks. It probably is bugged. Pity. Although I always just use testingcheats and go and change random sims all the time in my game when I am bored. If I start seeing too many elders I make them young adults again or sometimes I just change their entire family dynamics like when the Pancakes had adult children and they were elders I made them children and put them in care of their adult children to "raise" so they could live their lives over again. Yes, I get bored sometimes.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it also changes eye color, though usually does all three (hair, skin and eyes) at once, it could have just 'rolled' for eyes and left the rest. i haven't used the simray in a while, so not sure it's bugged. will have to check it out later on

(also, the changes the simray gives to sims that are transformed only last two days. and give the sim a +1 happy moodlet, even though they're afraid to get zapped at first)

there's also the possibility it's a mod conflict (there are so many ways they can affect things they're technically not associated with), so we'll have to see

as for the wormhole, was the ship you used on the science lab lot, or at home? either way, the rocket should be back at the lot instead of totally gone
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,473 Member
    Oh, I noticed that the game put my astronaut sim's ship neatly into her inventory (cause that's a thing) and she didn't even have an unsightly bulge like I get if I even put my keys in my pocket.
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I haven't noticed a change either but it makes sense that it would just be hair, eyes and/or skin tone. It would be wonderful if it actually changed their life stage!!! I would totally rock that simray!
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited December 2020
    My mad scientists have only used the underwear ray & freeze ray on sims, I assumed transform ray only affected objects, for some reason. Must send Laraana off to work to test in out some willing subjects/victims.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
    My mad scientists have only used the underwear ray & freeze ray on sims, I assumed transform ray only affected objects, for some reason. Must send Laraana off to work to test in out some willing subjects/victims.

I don't have an "underwear" option on my simray. The closest I have is "change outfits" and "transform sim" is a much higher level upgrade to it. I don't think I get that one until I was at level 9 of the science career. I know it was many breakthroughs before it unlocked.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    I didn't even know you could transform a sim, that's interesting. I've only ever used the transform option on objects.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited December 2020

I don't have an "underwear" option on my simray. The closest I have is "change outfits" and "transform sim" is a much higher level upgrade to it. I don't think I get that one until I was at level 9 of the science career. I know it was many breakthroughs before it unlocked.

I just call change outfit the underwear ray, because 9 times out of 10 I use it to change some poor sim into their sleep outfit.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs

I just call change outfit the underwear ray, because 9 times out of 10 I use it to change some poor sim into their sleep outfit.

Ah, I see. I purposely deny myself from doing that because I figured it was probably the most over used outfit for the simray. So I make them change into anything else. lol
    I didn't even know you could transform a sim, that's interesting. I've only ever used the transform option on objects.

Yes you can transform sims but it's a different upgrade from transform object.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I used the transform on a sim recently and didn't notice any change. Maybe I missed it or maybe it really is bugged.
    musteni wrote: »
    I used the transform on a sim recently and didn't notice any change. Maybe I missed it or maybe it really is bugged.

Yeah, it appears that the changes are usually subtle ones like eye or hair color and possibly skin tone. Not much to really see. It's rather disappointing in my opinion.