Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Champs Les Sims

Is it possible to Champs Les Sims in CAW? Or to download it anywhere as a normal world?

Comments

• Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    edited January 2010
    No.
  • cccccccccccc Posts: 707 New Member
    edited January 2010
    @BillySim, yes it is. Ive seen it up on the Exchange before, aswell as Al Simhara and Shang Simla, but that was when the Exchange was glitched and no-one could get on so they kept on getting removed...

Im still searching for another one though :)
  • juelle_loujuelle_lou Posts: 580 Member
    edited January 2010
    I actually downloaded it from the Exchange, hoping that I would get a version 'Champs Les Sims' to work with as a neighbourhood instead of it being a vacation place.
    Well whoever thinks that that was Champs Le Sims has something wrong with them, all this person did was put in the distant terrain and do a bit of sculpting to the terrain, they didn't even bother to paint it the same colour as it is supposed to be :x
    No roads, no houses, no nothing, just a big waist of time.
    Just a warning for all those people who are thinking or trying to download it :lol:
  • cccccccccccc Posts: 707 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Really? Wow, I'm having so much trouble with distant terrain right now :)
  • juelle_loujuelle_lou Posts: 580 Member
    edited January 2010
    Only luck I've had using the distant terrain is placing first before everything else, well it's the only way I tried using it.
    I thought I'd have a go at recreating Champs Le Sims but trying to raise the terrain to the distant terrain is extremely tedious and time consuming, and I'm the sort of person if I can't get it exactly how I picture it in my head I give up on it :(
    Sad I know :oops: So I went on to something else.
    edited January 2010
    cccccc wrote:
    @BillySim, yes it is. Ive seen it up on the Exchange before, aswell as Al Simhara and Shang Simla, but that was when the Exchange was glitched and no-one could get on so they kept on getting removed...

Im still searching for another one though :)

Once again you are wrong.

So once again you cannot I repeat, you cannot put a pre existing world in CAW unless of course the creator gives you all the necessary files for it to work.
  • DaphoenyxDaphoenyx Posts: 22
    edited January 2010
    Too bad, I just loved all the Champs-les-Sims houses... :(
    And what about the families there? Can they be in some way imported to the normal game?
    edited January 2010
    Daphoenyx wrote:
    Too bad, I just loved all the Champs-les-Sims houses... :(
    And what about the families there? Can they be in some way imported to the normal game?

You can copy the sims and the sims houses in champs les sims, you just can't edit the world in CAW.

How to do it, start your game, go to edit town click on the champ les sims icon in the upper left hand corner (wait for the world to load), when it's loaded copy the lot you want to save into your bin and then you can place them in any world on your computer. Hope this helps you.
  • rae92rae92 Posts: 215 Member
    edited January 2010
    juelle_lou wrote:
    I actually downloaded it from the Exchange, hoping that I would get a version 'Champs Les Sims' to work with as a neighbourhood instead of it being a vacation place.
    Well whoever thinks that that was Champs Le Sims has something wrong with them, all this person did was put in the distant terrain and do a bit of sculpting to the terrain, they didn't even bother to paint it the same colour as it is supposed to be :x
    No roads, no houses, no nothing, just a big waist of time.
    Just a warning for all those people who are thinking or trying to download it :lol:

I downloaded the exact same World. I was so excited to have found Champs Le Sims on the Exchange because I had wanted it but found it by accident. I was extremely annoyed after I downloaded, installed and loaded my game to find a blank World. :evil:
  • CorsetcrushCorsetcrush Posts: 7 New Member
    edited January 2010
    This tool is also expandable! You will get more items to work with, every time we release an expansion pack, provided you own and install the expansion pack. -From the CAW Tutorial http://www.thesims3.com/content/global/downloads/caw/help_en.pdf

I downloaded the CAW because I also thought that we would get access to the Champs Les Sims map. I love that place so much I just want to cry and had very high hopes that I could also make it into a regular playable world. EA should be able to do something to allow areas be unlocked within the store once you register an expansion to unlock things like this for free. From the ads I saw about WA it actually looked boring, but I love it a TON and just want access to what I thought the tutorial stated that I would. I don't want access to just the stuff, I want to mod the world like you can Sunset Valley and Riverview (that you have to download in fact.)
  • SimmielciousSimmielcious Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey, does anyone know if there's a real town that looks somewhat like Champs les Sims? Thanks!
  • riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    @Simmielcious Yes, I recently found this replica of Paris! 😄

http://danjaley.tumblr.com/post/188498928398/the-sims-key-paris-world/amp

It's really detailed and romantic 😊

> @riccardouga said:
    > @Simmielcious Yes, I recently found this replica of Paris! 😄
    >
    > http://danjaley.tumblr.com/post/188498928398/the-sims-key-paris-world/amp
    >
    > It's really detailed and romantic 😊

Thanks! That's beautiful!
    I'm so glad people are keeping this game alive. Not what I was looking for, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸, yes!
    Hey, does anyone know if there's a real town that looks somewhat like Champs les Sims? Thanks!

Edit: Like, a place that actually exists and you can visit in real life. I'm basically a weeb thats wants anime irl, but for champs les sims. :D