Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Thanks so much for your comments! I enjoy reading them so much. :grin:
    With your knowledge of music I didn't think you would have trouble identifying that wording. :smiley:
    I wasn't sure I would post it but the last bit went together pretty easy so I hit that post button before I crashed.
    well I first used mor..on, but it was hearted and I changed it to cre...tin and it was hearted so I gave up. I already knew Je..rk would be hearted. :grin::lol: It is kinda frustrating. I sure wasn't going to call him that sweet boy next door! duh.
    I love it when my gals ride motorcycles. My other Bekka from the Bekka and Patrick story rides a motorcycle.
    yes, you guessed it :grin:
    I'm happy that you enjoyed it and the next part will be up soon, I hope, depending on work and how tired my brain is in the evenings. I've got pictures taken and some of the writing done.

@ciane :smiley: I hope to have the next part up soon, depends on work. I'm happy you are reading.

@tamijo Thanks for reading and letting me know you are reading. :smiley: I know you said on the other thread English is not your native language so if you have any questions feel free to ask. Congrats on your member status!
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @bekkasan Aww, the kitten looks so cute on her way to the giant food bowl <3 .
    Poor Bekka, blaming at herself :/ . I'm glad we all know she'll get a chance to apologise soon :smiley: .
    I hope she's not visiting her Godmother right when Jamie tries to come over.
    Wise words from Catarina - she's doing a great job at being a Godmother :star: . Bekka really is hurting herself with all the anger she's feeling towards her ex and I hope she'll find a way to let it go.
    I wonder what happened to Bekka's parents... Sad that they are no longer around.
    Haha, I have a feeling Bekka and Jamie might meet each other right now, at Spring Manor :smiley: .
    What a moment! Bekka must feel relieved seeing Jamie smiling at her. That should make the apology quite a lot easier!
    Damien knows Jamie very well. Funny that he guesses she's the girl from the park :p .
    It's not the right situation for Bekka to say anything... I hope she'll get her chance later.
    Bekka doesn't seem to be scared of ghosts :p .
    Nice of Damien to arrange some alone time for Jamie and Bekka. Looking forward to their conversation!
    Good job with the investigation on Betty's case! Glad the husband got caught and will pay for it! I hope Betty will be able to move on now.
    edited December 2020
    @meerkattime Thanks so much for reading and your comments! :smiley::heart:
    I just love having Pets back in my game!
    Bekka is lucky to have Catarina in her life. Her story will come out a little bit later. :wink:
    Yes! I kinda wanted it to be a little public when they met again. :grin:
    Damien is a very good detective. I still want to light a fire under his tush to get him going with Mary!
    I'm glad you enjoyed the conclusion of the case. I hope Betty will be able to move on as well.
    Post edited by bekkasan on
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan : great update!
    I like the picture of Bekka riding her beast! And she wears a helmet! B)

Catarina is a good godmother. Somehow I have a very different picture of her in my mind. In my Hidden Springs she is a real snob and very arrogant. It´s a bit confusing. :D

Hearts, yess! I like the smile on Jamies face when they sit next to each other, so dreamy!

Aww, Damien´s look! So sweet! He and Mary are going along very well, it seems as if they are already together without knowing. I hope for a real happy end for all of them!

Cool picture of Damien explaining the evidence and the men listening to him!

Looking forward for the renovation!

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for reading and making comments. :smiley::heart:
    I figured you would like Bekka's riding attire. :grin:
    Catarina is still a bit of a snob and one of the town leaders but if she loves you she is your champion.
    I just love it when my sims cooperated with the terrific faces and animations I want! :love:
    Damien needs to earn a bit more money. No kaching cheat for this story! :grin: But I do know how he is going to earn a few big bucks to get going with more renovations. It will be in an upcoming update. :smirk:
    edited December 2020
    Apologies

Bekka takes measurements in the kitchen with Jamie's help and jots the numbers down in her notebook. She peeks through her lashes at Jamie as he holds his end of the tape measure. Her heart flutters just looking at him.
    Jamie leads the way to the tower, and they climb the staircase to the second floor. Jamie shows her the unfurnished rooms as well as the master bedroom that Damien is using. She looks in the bathroom. “Is this the only bathroom for the entire house?
    “Yes.” Jamie replies as he helps Bekka with the measurements.
    “That must be inconvenient at times.”
    “With six ghosts and two humans, it is absolutely a challenge.”
    Bekka blinks and stares up at Jamie. “Six ghosts!”
    Jamie nods and holds his end of the tape measure against the far wall as Bekka jots the measurements in her book.
    “I will use a laser device for accuracy if Damien hires me to manage the renovations. What’s back here?” Bekka points to a door at the back of the second floor.
    “My room.”
    “I need measurements. Is that ok?”
    “No problem.”
    50672745808_b7a0ac8b30_b.jpg
    50672745773_f83d8eb03f_b.jpg

Rebecca takes the measurements of the room admiring the old wood stove in the room. She notices his equipment on his shelves. "Are you a ghost hunter?"
    "Yes," Jamie smiles, surprised that she recognizes the equipment.
    "I’ve met a few ghost hunters and recognize the banisher. This house has a reputation for being haunted. I read the article in the paper about Mary Kendall’s death. Damien did a fantastic job with his investigation of her death and proving it was murder. Of course! The ghost I met earlier was Mary Kendall. So, she's been here all along. That is so tragic. Is that why you are here?"
    "Not completely. Damien is my best friend, and he needed help with the house and the ghosts haunting it. Damien had talked about Hidden Springs, this house and Mary’s death since we were kids. It was his destiny to buy this place and resolve what happened to Mary. Mary was from Riverview, and we grew up knowing her sad story. It felt right moving here to help him. When I crossed the bridge into town, I felt as if I was coming home, like I'm supposed to be here."
    50498344006_4212d9406a_b.jpg
    50498343956_af10e7254a_b.jpg

"I suppose that sounds strange to you feeling a rapport with a town. I sense things sometimes. I'm not sure why or how, I just do." Jamie feels like he is babbling and shuts up not sure why he feels the need to explain things to Bekka. He looks over towards her wishing they had never had that argument in the park. He doesn't like the strain he experiences trying not to distress her. “Shall we go to the attic?”
    They turn to leave the room when suddenly Bekka wheels around facing Jamie. He almost bumps into her and takes a step backward to prevent crashing into her. She nibbles her lips nervously. Her soft brown eyes are anguished and tense. Jamie looks at her quizzically. He watches as she takes a deep breath and slowly lets it out. She looks him straight in the eyes and the words come in a rush like a river spilling over a dam.
    "Thank you for sharing that, Jamie. I do understand about your feelings. Most people don't listen to their feelings when the Fates try to guide them. I'm listening to mine now. I can’t bear this tension inside me any longer. You are being extremely nice and instead of throwing me out the door and telling Damien not to hire me, you are leading me around the house and treating me like nothing happened the other day. I know this is not very professional of me, but I just have to get this off my chest. I can't keep ignoring what I did the other day as if it doesn't matter to me. It does, and I'm so embarrassed and ashamed of my actions and words. I'm truly sorry about the other day. I know you must be upset with me and don't blame you a bit. I’m upset with myself! I jumped to some awful conclusions without thought. I said terrible things to you and about you that had no basis in fact. I'm really very sorry. I'd like to explain further, but this does not seem to be the right time to go into it other than to apologize."
    50497630673_ea6ee3d83b_b.jpg

Jamie smiles reassuringly at her. He realizes she is extremely distraught. Jamie would love to console her and give her a hug. He is worried that a natural reaction for him like hugging a friend might be misunderstood. He knows he will need to take his time with her and get to know her better which he definitely wants to do. "I accept your apology and apologize for not allowing you a chance to explain the other day.”
    “Thank you! Would you..." Her voice breaks a little with nerves and she clears her throat and tries again. "Are you willing to come to dinner this evening if you don’t already have plans? I'm sure you have other plans though so that's ok, maybe another night. I'm a pretty good cook, and promise I'll explain." She looks at him hoping he will say yes. “I had no idea you lived here but I was planning on finding out where you lived from Francesca later today and trying to contact you."
    Jamie smiles broadly. “I was going to call Francesca after this appointment to find out where you lived. I wanted to talk to you again. Great minds think alike. I'd love to have dinner with you. I don't have other plans. I may get called in for work, but I go later in the evening after dark."
    50497630538_fbd3f241bc_b.jpg

Bekka smiles at Jamie happier since he has accepted her apology and invitation to dinner. She feels less tense and nervous now too. Maybe she can relax and enjoy the tour of the house without the tenseness from before. Jamie moves a little closer. “Feel better now?”
    “Yes! When I walked in and saw you, I asked the Fates to just open the floor and drop me in. I feel much better now. I was startled and yes very nervous. I couldn't keep going on without saying something to you.”
    50498492147_ae306ff68b_b.jpg

Mary pops into the room and invites Rebecca up to the third floor to see her space. Jamie trails behind them and plays with the skeleton while Mary and Rebecca talk about the room.
    "This is remarkable. You have so much in this little attic. I'm happy to meet you Mary."
    Mary laughs. "I actually have a few things crammed in the space above as well."
    "Damien's notes tell me to include an area for your science experiments. Can you show me the other area? I'll need to see what you have to plan the space."
    Sherlock squawks and takes a pass around the room while Jamie is still playing with the skeleton. He abandons the skeleton to play with Sherlock once he lands back on his tree.
    50498343841_c4005a86f2_b.jpg
    50498343766_74da076519_b.jpg
    50497630268_e64f9ae4ab_b.jpg

“There is no entrance to the upper attic. It was blocked off many years ago by one of the tenants who thought that would stop me from haunting them.”
    Bekka giggles. "I expect the tenant found out all his work was for nothing."
    Mary tries to smother her laugh as she notices Jamie watching and listening with interest.
    "It was a complete waste of time and energy since I can float through walls and teleport if I choose."
    “Silly humans. That won’t be a problem for me. Once you are in the room, I can teleport to you.”
    Mary is surprised “What! How can you do that?"
    "I am a genie."
    Mary laughs with delight. "You go, girl! No wonder you were not freaked out to meet me."
    Jamie looks over at Bekka in amazement. 'A genie! She's a freaking genie!' (Remember Jamie is a supernatural fan.)
    Just as he is about to come over and ask her about it, Mary teleports out of the room and Bekka instantly follows her.
    50671843773_099566cabe_b.jpg
    50671843673_014c986785_b.jpg

Jamie is dismayed that they both disappeared so fast. "Hey, no fair!" He can hear the faint sound of laughter from the room above. He is actually pleased rather than perturbed. He knows Mary needs friends and he loves the sound of Becka's laughter.
    50671843748_3011788f1d_b.jpg
    50672406017_6ce67245eb_b.jpg

While talking with Mary and measuring the space, Daniel Romero floats in. Mary introduces her to Daniel. He only stays a moment on his way to find his wife. "I think I saw her out back playing in the snow." Mary tells him. The ladies chat a few more minutes after he leaves.
    "I think we can fix this area once we get the blockage taken care of. You don't need to hide anymore." Bekka inspects the walls and feels it can be safely opened back up.
    "No, I'm not hiding anymore. I don't know what is going to happen in the future, but I'm not going to keep hiding. We are trying to find a way to turn me human. Liam has a method but he is concerned it would not work on me. I'm a different kind of ghost than the others. Damien knows unless I can be turned human again that I'll be popping up most every winter and he seems to be ok with that."
    "Considering the way he looked at you when we were talking downstairs, I'd say he is more than ok with it. How do you feel about him?"
    Mary feels an unusual warmth filling her face. "I admire him very much, maybe too much considering what I am. I could fall in love with him so easy. I think about him all the time and want to be with him. I dream about him at night." But, I am cursed to be a ghost in winter and gone the rest of the year. Mary sighs heavily.
    Bekka hugs her. "Don't give up a chance on love because you are a ghost. Love is a blessing and we all need love. It will work out. I know it seems like the Fates have cursed you, but there is usually a reason for what they do."
    "Is everything ok up there? Ladies, do I need to find a mallet and start bashing away at the walls?"
    "I think he misses us," Mary tells Bekka. "You teleport to Jamie, and I'll come after you."
    50672406202_88206d29b4_b.jpg
    50672406067_f9c86d84fa_b.jpg
    50672405977_b9055134a6_b.jpg
    @bekkasan : what a great update!
    I love everything about it!
    The pictures are so fitting to the story, the mimic of Jamie and Bekka is on point, the story is written so good!
    So sweet how Bekka and Jamie say sorry to each other. I love his foolish expressions when looking at Bekka! <3
    Bekka is a genie, what a plot! Now I wonder how this will affect their future!
    So good that Mary and Bekka get along so good! That helps when Bekka moves in, right?!?! B)
    Perhaps Bekka can help to transform Mary?
    So many new opportunities!
    Can´t wait for more!

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for reading and commenting. :smiley::heart:
    I struggled a little with this part so I'm happy to hear you liked the writing. I liked the way it finally worked out.
    hehe, Jamie just watches her so intensely and when the girls popped up to the attic he was really sad about not being able to see her.
    Actually Bekka has her own house in town. Jamie might have to move out. :grin:
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @bekkasan YAY! You didn't tell me you had a new chapter posted already on purpose to surprise me huh? :smirk::mrgreen:
    Alrighty! Let's see how their convo goes! :grin:
    There's only one bathroom in the ENTIRE manor? :open_mouth: I'm with Bekka that must be horribly inconvenient. But...another one could be put in whenever there's money. ;) (additions like that are SO pricey in real life! It stinks! :flushed: )
    Jamie be like, "Yeah that's my room..." *blush* *blush* :p
    Did I miss that Damien and Jamie knew about Mary's tragic story since they were kids? That's cool. :)
    I see that Moogle! :grin: Jamie is a Final Fantasy fan! Right on! :star:
    "I suppose that sounds strange to you feeling a rapport with a town. I sense things sometimes. I'm not sure why or how, I just do."
    ^Sounds like Jamie carries the gift of insight. Like me. :blush: Those last 2 sentences I've said to a few people over the years.
    They turn to leave the room when suddenly Bekka wheels around facing Jamie. He almost bumps into her and takes a step backward to prevent crashing into her. She nibbles her lips nervously. Her soft brown eyes are anguished and tense. Jamie looks at her quizzically. He watches as she takes a deep breath and slowly lets it out. She looks him straight in the eyes and the words come in a rush like a river spilling over a dam.
    ^This was written so dang well. :star: I could totally picture it!
    Awww, what a beautiful apology from her. <3 I could really feel the pain she was feeling and how much it was eating her up inside. (Been there before...)
    I agree with Jamie that it's probably best to take things slow with Bekka as she's been pretty hurt before, and that's okay. :) The right man will wait. :blush:
    I like how you slowly and realistically led them into their apologies. It made it all the more meaningful. <3
    She invites him over to dinner huh? :smirk: And it was cute of them to both discover they planned on finding each other through Francesca. :blush: Just...awwww!
    And that smile he gives her when he leans in closer... Adorable! <3
    Lol! Jamie just farting around with the skeleton and Sherlock while the girls are chatting. :lol: He's so cute! :blush:
    Woah! Bekka's a Genie!? :open_mouth::grin: I'm just as surprised as Jamie! (I love his surprised expression you captured there. :lol: ) I'll bet that turns him on to her even more with his love and interest in the Supernatural. :smirk:
    And then she and Mary ditch him and teleport into the attic. :joy: Poor Jamie... ;)
    I'm looking forward to learning about Daniel and his wife's case. :)
    Nice to see the two gals getting to know each other and become friends. :)
    Jamie's like, "Uhh ladies...you gonna leave me in the lurch like this forever?" :lol:
    This chapter was so heartwarming and cute! A great read! :mrgreen: I can't wait for more as usual! :kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

@emorrill Thanks so much for reading and commenting! :smiley::heart: I actually wasn't sure I was going to post it and then I read it once more and I was like that's as good as it gets. :grin:
    Yes, needs at least one more bathroom!
    I guess I didn't make it clear but did allude to it in Damien's first chapter that Mary was from his hometown and they grew up hearing her story. That is how he became interested in solving her mystery.
    Of course Jamie is a FF fan! :grin:
    Dinner I hope is a good idea. She doesn't want an audience for the conversation and I can understand that.
    hehe, Jamie is like a kid sometimes. :grin:
    Yes, he was surprised at the genie thing. But, it got his wish to meet a supernatural met!
    He got the wish after he met Mary so meeting her didn't count.
    I think Mary and Bekka could become best friends.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Sorry I’ve gotten so far behind with reading and commenting @bekkasan. :# Life’s been crazy-busy and more so than usual, but I have enjoyed taking a bit of a break from it to catch up on your story. <3 So much has happened!

I knew I’d enjoy seeing Jamie ghost-busting for the Vanderburg’s; such a fun career to play. Nice work Jamie! And Damien and Mary hanging out together—his nervousness was adorable. But how relieving for him to learn she wants to stay and try to live again. I love that they’re communicating so well now. And with Damien, Jamie and Liam all working together, they should be able to come up with a plan to help Mary. :smiley:

Mary is such an imp... scaring Jamie like that! :joy: But he was so good about it. I like that he can take a joke, and that really seems to put Mary at ease and bring out her more playful side. I’m glad she and Jamie are becoming friends. Interesting about her feeling “warmer” thinking of Damien as well—a step in the right direction!

Aw, poor Betty! That would be upsetting news for anyone to find out, but I do like how effective Jamie was in dealing with her screeching. :p And Mary obviously had put Betty’s wailing to good use in the past! :lol: No wonder all the previous renters bailed and the house has the reputation it does!

It’s great how Jamie is moving in and he and Mary are both planning to pitch in financially to get the house all fixed up. It’s like they’re all practically family already. <3

And then Mary invited Damien into her attic room. :hushed: She seemed so calm and logical about it, but that had to be a huge step for her to let him into her personal space. It’s a great illustration of how well Damien has done when it comes to earning her trust.

What a nice surprise for Mary to wake up to with the house decorated so nicely for Snowflake Day. I’m glad it brought back pleasant memories for her; too many of her recollections are tragic and she could use some happiness. I hope she has made some great new memories! Damien’s introduction to the intuitive Emmaline seems to have gone well, and I’m glad she approves of him. Hopefully he will remember her gift of psychic advice when the time comes. The business card for the renovator was a nice present too.

Speaking of gifts, how cool is it to see the house ghosts opening presents?! And then getting to go to the festival! Best Snowflake Day for all of them in ages! What a sweet guy Jamie is for taking them. :) Hopefully everyone has a good time—those at the festival as well as those left home alone unchaperoned. ;)

So, now Damien and Mary are truly alone for the first time and... mistletoe kiss! :love: (But what is going on with that lone creeper ghost gnome in the background by the stove during their sweet smooch?! :o )

Ice skating on a pond deep in the woods is such a cute “first date” idea. Mary is opening up to Damien even more by sharing one of her favorite places. The two of them falling on the ice together was so funny and adorable. :mrgreen: But her admission of her jealous anger and her final momentous comprehension—that life is what you make it, and when you fall you try to learn from it and move forward as well as you can—was the absolute best. So relatable. Huge lesson and hard-won. And obviously I want her to be able to return to a full life, but if that answer has to be no—like sometimes happens no matter what we want or do to try to make it happen—then I think she will remember this lesson and, instead of retreating into bitterness again, will make the best of what time she has. She has found the strength she needs within herself and I couldn’t be more proud of her!

And that tender moment between them afterwards, with Damien’s absolute acceptance and understanding... AHHHHH! No words! <3<3<3

The ghosts seemed to enjoy themselves at the festival, although I don’t think anyone had more fun than Jamie on the halfpipe! :grin: I’m glad Mary decided to come out of her shell even more and go to the diner with them all.

As patient as Damien has been with Mary thus far, Jamie is right. In time, I think she would come to realize and possibly act on her feelings for Damien on her own, but time is something they may not have much more of if winter is ending so soon. Damien my dude, you’re gonna need to make your move! I get his hesitation though; he’s not the easy-going charmer that Jamie is, and he doesn’t want to rock the boat, especially now that Mary is finally “warming” up to him... but as shy as she is, she needs to know how he feels. And perhaps knowing that will make her understand that love is what she is feeling too.

I love Mary’s internal monologue; how she is becoming more accepting of herself and being okay with who she is, and yet willing to work on the things that she knows she needs to change. Balance! And wanting to work with Damien to help the other ghosts is such a natural progression of her trying to be more open... as well as giving herself an excuse to spend more time with Damien. :p

Not that she needs one! :grin: Damien and Mary seem like they had fun at the festival. I love how that screenshot of Mary snowboarding has the rainbow in the background, appearing to surround her... almost as though it is offering her protection or evoking some sort of future promise. Or perhaps it is just an “ordinary” rainbow, lol, but I do love seeing so many of them in your screenshots anyway.

But this chapter is more about Jamie, or rather, the mysterious young woman who is clearly attracted to him. Who are you, woman-who-keeps-her-back-to-the-camera? :lol: Hmmm, Bekka? Oh, she does have a face after all, and a pretty one at that. Jamie apparently agrees... Wait. Bekka, as in Rebecca Renovates?? :o Ooh, this could get interesting!

Oh snap! That whole igloo backstory was hilarious, and I could see how Bekka might have gotten the wrong impression of Jamie, but she really went off on him with her assumptions. :flushed: And he gave it right back and didn’t wait to hear her apology. OOF. That might make the whole home renovation thing a trifle awkward. :#

And OFC she rides a bike too; almost as though they were made for one another... :smirk: But I’m getting ahead of things again, lol. Anyway, Damien and Mary seemed like they had a nice time at the tavern; it’s good to see Mary making friends.

Good to see that things are progressing with the official investigation regarding Mary’s death as well. And funny about the newspaper wanting to interview Damien’s source for the potential future story about Betty. But the evidence Damien is uncovering concerning her case... yikes! :scream:

So, Mary’s test results confirm her differences from other ghosts, but don’t really help in determining the next steps. :/ But an ancient fae and ancient texts, as well as a brain enhancing machine? I like that Liam is pursuing leads in both science and magic for Mary. Leave no stone unturned! :+1:

Ghost banishing and breaking and entering, oh my! I hope they have enough evidence to prove Betty’s murder now, in addition to the forged signature. And Jamie opens up to Damien about what’s been bothering him; good! Because it’s apparent he is not going to forget about Bekka anytime soon. :smirk:

Bekka’s godmother is Catarina? Huh. That’s an interesting connection I would not have guessed. She gives good advice. Poor Bekka—losing her parents and then not trusting men on top of it after her cheating ex. :( No wonder she seemed so sad to Jamie. He really is an observant/intuitive man. And now she is going to her renovation job and seeing Jamie again... And then a POV jump and you left me hanging, lol. But excellent work by Damien in presenting the evidence for Betty’s case! I hope LE catches up to that Billy/Bob! :angry:

Great chapter with Jamie and Bekka’s apology. It started out so professionally that a bystander might never have guessed about the underlying tension, but then suddenly he was babbling and she just blurted out everything, lol. But Bekka is a genie?! :o I didn’t see that coming! Now there are even more new possible directions to consider! :love:

Oh man, this post got long! :lol: I even tried keeping my babble to a minimum! Lost cause, apparently. :p But there are just too many great things to comment on. Intriguing ideas, engaging characters, beautiful scenery, excellent writing. Still loving this! <3

@starguru I'm happy you were able to get caught up on the story. :smiley::heart: Bummer about being busy! It's that time of year with so much going on in our lives.
    Damien got busy with Snowflake day and finishing up Betty's case but I'm going to light a fire under him to get busy wooing Mary! They did spend some fun time together but she does need to know how he feels.
    I'm happy you liked the igloo story. It certainly added a bit of drama to Jamie's life and introduced a new sim and side story. :grin:
    Thank you so much for reading and your comments make me smile knowing you are enjoying the story.
    edited December 2020
    Betty's Decision

Bekka teleports in front of Jamie and he turns to speak to her. Mary teleports directly behind Jamie. She is happy Bekka is speaking to him and distracting him from her. Once again she manages to startle him. Mary 2, Jamie 0. Bekka has a good laugh at Jamie's reaction. Jamie smiles sheepishly and turns and gives Mary a high five. Bekka admires Jamie's sense of humor and easy going attitude. Bekka finishes getting the measures of the upstairs rooms and captures a few pictures with her camera, so she could have before and after shots if Damien hires her.
    50672318601_81a1c12cca_b.jpg
    50671571708_c67373696f_b.jpg
    50672405837_21a1c3b3e3_b.jpg
    50671571468_f3782fe2ce_b.jpg
    50672318516_aa505b4588_b.jpg

Downstairs, Rebecca sits on the floor and designs preliminary sketches. Damien arrives back home and goes straight to Mary greeting her as if he has been gone for days. He lets her know the meeting went well and asks her to find Betty for him. Jamie picks up Lia who has wandered in and demands attention. Bekka looks over at Jamie who is smooching the cat and grins at the picture he makes. She stands up aware that sitting on the floor is not very professional. Damien thinks she looks relaxed compared to earlier. He hopes she and Jamie were able to talk. "May I see your sketches?" He looks through her sketchbook impressed with her artistry and designs. "I really like your idea for the kitchen. Do you have any questions that my notes or Jamie and Mary couldn't answer?"

Bekka beams a smile at him. "No, I think we have covered everything. I'm excited about this project and hope my ideas will be exactly what you are looking for. I will get back to you in two days with some designs and cost estimates for you."

"Thank you so much for coming. I look forward to seeing your ideas." Damien pics up Lia who is twining around his feet. "I think I am needed in the kitchen." Damien said as he recognized Jamie’s hinting hand gesture to leave the room. He swiftly goes into the kitchen to allow Jamie to talk with Bekka alone.
    50498344316_5acae63433_b.jpg
    50498491732_0cb39c0964_b.jpg

"Thank you again for being so nice to me and showing me around the house." Bekka gives Jamie her address and a time for dinner.

"You know, you don't really need to explain anything to me if you don't feel comfortable. We can start over getting to know each other and enjoy a nice dinner together." He looks into her beautiful sad eyes wishing he could make them shine with happiness.

"Oh, Jamie. That is really sweet of you to be willing to forgive and forget without an explanation. I know I owe you an explanation for my bizarre behavior."
    Jamie walks her outside and helps her stow her things in her motorcycle bags. "Nice ride! I'll see you in a few hours." He stands and watches as she rides off looking forward to seeing her again.
    50497630948_ddbc4317f1_b.jpg

Rebecca arrives home and is so excited about the project, starts drafting some designs before preparing a meal.
    50497630153_4c9971be2b_b.jpg

"Jamie, thank you for taking Rebecca around while I was gone. Was it awkward?"
    "Things were a little tense at first. We both tried to ignore what happened. When we got upstairs, she couldn't ignore it any longer. It was stressing her out. She apologized to me and I apologized to her. I'm going over to her place for dinner tonight and she said she would explain more. Please don't let what I told you affect your decision for the house. I saw her sketches and her work is phenomenal. She was great with Mary and Mary obviously liked her too. They took off to the upper attic, and I could hear them laughing and having a great time together."
    "How did she get into the attic? I thought it was blocked."
    "It still is. You are not going to believe this part. I saw it with my own eyes...twice. She teleported into the attic. She's a genie!"
    "What?" Damien looks puzzled.
    "Yep, you heard me. A genie!"
    "A genie in the lamp kind of genie?"
    "What other kind of genie is there?"
    "I don't know, occult beings are your thing! Genies are real! I'm going to make a list of what's real and what's not!" Damien shakes his head dismayed, while Jamie just smiles.
    "I've pretty much learned if there is a legend or story it is based on fact with perhaps a touch of fantasy in the story. Some occult may not exist any longer, some stay hidden away in their own lands, others live right out in the open in other towns. They are being accepted into communities and they have a council that makes laws preventing attacks from them or attacks on them. They want a peaceful coexistence with humans and are moving into communities that are accepting of them. You were not prepared to accept that knowledge before moving here and seeing for yourself that ghosts are real. Riverview has a few occult who mostly live quietly and enjoy the peaceful community."
    "I never realized that! I suppose you know who they are and what they are? No, don't answer that. I don't think I really want to know. I'm planning on asking Mary on a date tonight, that I do know. Wish me luck."
    "No luck is needed. I can't imagine her saying no. I hope you and Mary have a wonderful evening!"
    "I hope things go well for you with Rebecca."
    50679840763_f54d06b401_b.jpg
    50680673442_157632487a_b.jpg
    50679840728_d23c5db7a5_b.jpg

Betty floats into the room and Jamie excuses himself. He doesn't want to be nearby if Betty gets hysterical again. Damien tells her he has solved her case. He asks her to sit down. "You were right. He did kill you, Betty. Your memory of things is off because he drugged you with sedatives and hit you over the head to stun you before tossing you in the water to drown. I obtained the proof needed, and the police issued a warrant for his arrest. He was taken to the local jail and will go before the magistrate tomorrow. The police are notifying your children before it gets released to the press. Would you like for me to arrange it so you can see your children? Do you still want to move on or have you changed your mind and want to undergo Liam's therapy?"
    50672319126_a8ea32effa_b.jpg
    50672406282_59876261b7_b.jpg

"I don't want my children to see me this way. I'm tired Damien and appreciate everything that you did, but I want to move on. It was a marvelous life until I let the end be ruined by a con man." Damien watches Betty take the information so calmly, much calmer than he expected. She looks at peace as well. "I'll go say my goodbyes to the others. Will you ask Jamie to help me? I know he can release me."

Betty hugs him. "Thank you! I know you love Mary. She is a great girl and couldn't have a better young man than you looking out for her. I wish you both happiness." Damien hugs her back tightly, glad that he was able to help her with her unfinished business so she could move on.
    50671572008_51367c3c5c_b.jpg
    50672319006_0e798ce393_b.jpg
    50681028956_30538c034b_b.jpg

The household gathers in the yard to say a final farewell to Betty. Jamie formally asks Betty if she is ready to be released. She doesn't hesitate. "Yes, send me home, please." Jamie intones the words he learned to release spirits. "The Fates shine their light upon you and summon you home, dear Betty. Be at peace and may you roam no more."
    With a flash of light and a puff of smoke, Betty is gone.
    50681104892_34b15a7147_b.jpg
    50681104832_09ae263eac_b.jpg
    @bekkasan : great update!
    Lol, Mary 2/Jamie0! I really like how the two make fun at each other and how easy-going she is with him.
    Ah, finally I can see Bekka´s ears clearly, she has Vulcan ears! Cute!
    :D Jamie´s and Damien´s gesture talking, in my mind I see two guys gesturing like wild with everybody seeing it! ;)
    Good that Lia is there, right? :D
    Jamie is really sensitive with Bekka, I hope she is it worth!
    Aww, Betty is tired and wants to go into the light. I really had hoped for her being reunited with her children. The light ceremony was very beautiful, the words of Jamie very anguorous. <3
    So lets see how the dates will be!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Love how you got all the ghosts together and the POOF of light in that last shot!
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @bekkasan Oh goodness, I remember now you saying that Mary was from Damien's hometown. 🤦‍♀️ Gosh my brain, forgive me for forgetting things...
    Thanks for the reply comments. <3
    Yay for new chapter already! :smiley:
    "Betty's Decision" huh? Hmm... 🤔
    Hee hee. The Mary 2, Jamie 0 was cute. :lol: (Bekka laughing about it. :lol: )
    Bekka looks over at Jamie who is smooching the cat and grins at the picture he makes.
    ^Love this. <3
    We all know Bekka, and Jamie, are greatly wishing Damien offers her the job. ;) I think we know that he will. :blush:
    "I think I am needed in the kitchen." Damien said as he recognized Jamie’s hinting hand gesture to leave the room. He swiftly goes into the kitchen to allow Jamie to talk with Bekka alone.
    ^Hmm, this sounds oddly familiar to me. 🤔 :smirk:
    It's sweet that Jamie told Bekka she doesn't need to explain anything and I agree with him that they should just start all over again. :)
    Hee hee, naturally he likes her ride. :smirk: Match made in Heaven in so many ways. ;)
    Love Bekka's sewing table. <3
    Jamie and Damien's chat was so entertaining to read! :grin: I love these guys! <3
    Yep, Damien is learning more and more that Supernaturals aren't just beings from fiction novels. :p
    "I don't want my children to see me this way. I'm tired Damien and appreciate everything that you did, but I want to move on. It was a marvelous life until I let the end be ruined by a con man."
    ^Aww, I can understand how Betty would feel that way and honestly, it's the answer I could totally picture her character going with. 👍
    Such a sweet wish she gave to Damien and Mary. <3
    Seeing everyone gather together to watch her cross over to the other side was very touching. I could feel tears trying to well up in my eyes. <3 I'm so happy for Betty and that she can finally rest in peace.
    I'm really looking forward to the next Chapter if you know what I mean. ;):kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @starguru I'm happy you were able to get caught up on the story. :smiley::heart: Bummer about being busy! It's that time of year with so much going on in our lives.
    Damien got busy with Snowflake day and finishing up Betty's case but I'm going to light a fire under him to get busy wooing Mary! They did spend some fun time together but she does need to know how he feels.
    I'm happy you liked the igloo story. It certainly added a bit of drama to Jamie's life and introduced a new sim and side story. :grin:
    Thank you so much for reading and your comments make me smile knowing you are enjoying the story.
    @bekkasan – Me too! :)
    I swear, busy is all I know year round. :lol: But it's even more hectic now.

LSS, I’ve been my husband’s caregiver for the past few years after a fall injury at work rendered him quadriplegic. Fortunately the SCI was incomplete, and years of daily PT/OT have helped him regain considerable motor function, but he will always need assistance with ADLs and daily maintenance therapy. We had a good routine established. But recently, my youngest daughter (a SAHM) and her ex split up. She had nothing to her name and nowhere to go. So she moved back in with us, along with her two toddlers, bringing my family size to seven, and I take care of my grandkids now that she has found a job. I’m living in a madhouse! :lol: And then, shortly after she moved in, she had received positive results from a COVID test, so I got to throw quarantine/isolation into the mix. So it’s been a rollercoaster of crazy-busy lately! But with time I am finding my way again. :)

But my point is, when I say I enjoy your story and the break/escape it brings, I mean it! <3 And when I ramble on about certain aspects of it—like Mary and Damien’s skating scene; getting up and moving forward after a fall in life, or at least doing the best you can when you can’t manage to get up on your own—it’s because there are so many things like that in it that resonate with me. And I just thought that, as a writer, you might like to know. :)
    Glad to hear about the wooing and I am eagerly anticipating it all unfolding! And yes, all Jamie’s drama and the side story with Bekka. That’s another thing I love about this story of yours—the mix of events and interwoven plot threads that add texture and complexity.

And another new chapter! :smiley:

There Mary goes again, scaring Jamie. :lol: Looking forward to Jamie’s dinner at Bekka’s and her plans for the home renovation.

Poor Damien has just gotten used to ghosts being real, and now he has to accept the existence of genies. :lol: But he is planning on asking Mary on a date?? :love: Can’t wait!

Aww, Betty! It’s sad to see her go, but also a relief that her case has been resolved and she can move on and be at peace, now that she is ready and the past isn’t holding her back. Her friends gave her a lovely send-off. <3

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading what you think about each chapter. :smiley::heart:
    hehe, Jamie has got to get his game on with Mary!
    She does have pointy ears, part Genie, part Elf. :love:
    hehe, Jamie was behind Bekka out of picture. They know each other so well it didn't take much for Damien to understand. Leave!
    I hope they will be good for each other. No traits match, no favorites match. I'm not even sure if their zodiac's match, they haven't checked that yet. But, they got hearts despite the differences. Hopefully that's good. :smiley:

@ciane Thanks so much for commenting. I'm happy you are reading! I thought it was cute that she waved as I got them all together and the effect worked! :grin:

@emorrill Thanks so much for reading and for commenting. :smiley::heart: I love reading folks comments to see what y'all are thinking. It's made me realize when new authors ask for reviews on their books they really mean it, so I've been leaving reviews for some things I download onto my Kindle. I actually got an invite from one author to be able to read early access on her stories. That was so cool!
    Yep, her story was well known in their town. It's ok. I have to go back and see what I've written to be sure I don't write something totally contradicting myself. :grin:
    Bekka still feels like she owes him an explanation and that it will help her with her anger management issues to talk about it. Kinda like in a 12 step program apologizing to those you've done wrong.
    LOL, the motorcycle is all they have in common. Can't believe I'm trying this to see if they will work out. I guess technically since she is a supernatural and he is a supernatural fan, they have that in common. :grin:

@starguru Thank you so much for your comments! :smiley::heart: The comments mean a lot!
    I'm sorry to hear about your husband's accident and what y'all have been going through. It's good that he has been able to regain some of his function and I sure hope your routine becomes more manageable.
    I was my hubby's caregiver for 6 years until he passed away in Feb 2019 complications related to kidney disease. It was not an easy life but we also got into a routine as well that let me work part time on a flexible schedule so I could be home when he needed me. I was out of work the first 6 months or so until he could get back in bed on his own. He could get up but couldn't manage to get back. I was terrified he would fall. We did home hemodialysis in the evenings because going to the center was just too hard on him with his other problems.
    Wow...throw all that in the mix and covid quarantine on top. The rollercoaster ride must be a wild and crazy one at times. It sounds like you have an awesome attitude. I know how much the sims helped me through my rough patches. Hubby was a gamer and actually got me Sims 3 and Supernatural way back for a birthday. I'm glad to know that the story has some meaning in your life. I do take liberties with things from my life and add to my sims. Sometimes it helps me deal with my own issues and think things through since I can't afford to pay for a therapist. Hubby was my rock and could help me deal with the stresses so now my sims do. It kinda keeps him in the mix. I always told him my addiction to the sims was his fault since he bought it for me. :grin:
    It's great to hear that folks like me mixing in the side stories as well. I worry sometimes I add too much but I get these ideas and I just have to go with it sometimes. :grin:

Yes, totally time to prioritize Mary! He needs to get busy on a faster track to her heart.
    Thanks, I was glad all the ghosts were able to say goodbye to her. The fire ghosts will be the next mystery solved.
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member
    edited December 2020
    @bekkasan I'm reading 'Betty's Decision' I have my coffee, all ready to get immersed again into the story!

I love how easy going Jamie is, giving a high five after the scare! hehe

I still can't get over Becca's hair! too lovely for words! can you please come over and dye mine just like that please!

Oh Lea is awesome looking, I always wanted a cat that looked like that! I love the pic, Jamie is cooing and smooching at her like to a baby <3

bekkasan I am just so crazy about how Jamie is so in tune with how Bekka is feeling, I just love how he can read her. I have known people like that, in tune to every detail, every shift of body movement. I love to see it in your story!

"I've pretty much learned if there is a legend or story it is based on fact with perhaps a touch of fantasy in the story.'' *nods head*
    love the interaction of Jamie and Damien, such good friends.

oh my the case Jamie just solved! oh Betty's decision! it is so good she is satisfied know what happened. what a relief it must be for her.

And as they hug we can see Lea is there watching it all, listening, exuding her catness, her cat peace, with her purrs.

"yes, send me home please" yes home. Adieu Betty. 'With a flash of light and a puff of smoke, Betty is gone.' Beautiful.

Just Wonderful Bekkasan! <3 I'm always a bit surprised when *poof* the chapter ends. It is so nice to be inside your story!

edited December 2020
    You’re most welcome! <3
    Thank you. I’m so very sorry to hear of your husband’s illness and passing. I can only imagine how difficult that must have been. Hugs!

Falls are/have been devastating for my hubby as well and it scares me too. We do our best to minimize the potential, which can be hard since his functionality can vary so much. I don’t plan to return to work anytime soon; hubby and our kids and grandkids are my priority. It’s not an easy life (I know you understand completely!), but it is ours and will be what we make of it.

I try to keep a good attitude, although I falter at times. But when I feel frustrated or overwhelmed, taking a moment to step back and remember to be grateful for what we do have instead of looking back at what we’ve lost, is the only way forward. Whatever the future brings, I will find my path through it the best way I know how.

I think those of us who write stories do put bits of our experiences and ourselves in them. And I know writing helps me process and deal with the stresses of life too; it’s cathartic. We are all gamers as well—us, our kids, and the grandkids a bit now; even my retired parents have taken it up, lol. Hubby is less so now because his hand function will never be what it was, but we designed and built him a huge desk that would accommodate him in his power wheelchair and hold all sorts of gadgets so he could manage to get back to gaming to some degree. It is such good hand/finger coordination therapy for him! :lol:

That was so sweet of your hubby to give you the gift of Sims. It’s definitely one of those games that can help get you through tough times. And it's awesome that playing the game keeps you feeling connected to him; what a wonderful way to remember him. I love that! <3

I think side stories can enrich a plot as a whole, especially when they’re more of a subplot which ties back into the main plotline in some way. They add tension, help with pacing, and make the story even more compelling. And as I’ve mentioned before, I enjoy considering all the possibilities and various directions a story could go, and subplots can really add to that. :)

I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to Damien and Mary’s relationship progressing further. I mean, I’m enjoying the building anticipation and the slow and tender burn they share, but OTOH I keep feeling like they are running out of time. Tomorrow isn’t promised for any of us, but that’s even truer for Mary. :/ They may have to pack a lifetime of love in a very few short days or weeks. So carpe diem, Damien! Or in this case, carpe Mary! :p:joy:

I was glad that the ghosts got to say their goodbyes too. Oh yes, I remember the fire ghosts wanted to be next... Elias and Daniel and Daisy, although I don’t think you ever used Daisy’s name, or maybe you changed it? But I do remember she was a bit sassy with Damien, lol. Looking forward to hearing their backstories and what Damien can find out about their cases. :smiley:

@DivaDoodle Thanks so much for your comments and reading the story! I just got off work and I'm going to fix some hot chocolate and read the other thread shortly and catch up there too.
    yes, Jamie loves jokes and is an easy going guy...unless you make him mad! :grin: But, he gets over it quickly too and forgives easily.
    Thanks for the compliments on her hair. I really like how it turned out kinda strawberry blondish that I was going for.
    Lia was a stray that showed up and just too cute to send back to straydom! I'm so happy having pets back in my game.
    Jamie has that sensitivity to others, very intuitive. It works well with the ghost hunting too.

@starguru I like having the side stories and other characters shine. A lot of times my favorite characters in tv programs were not the 'stars' but the supporting cast, so I loved when a show revolved around them.
    I've got several ideas of which way to go and hopefully as I play further Mary and Damien will let me know what they want as well. They certainly gravitate to each other when I'm busy with one of the other sims.
    Thank you! I appreciate it and it was and still is hard at times. I just became a grandma last month for the first time. It has been a big blessing and help even though I'm limiting my close contact because of my work. (nurse) I won't go by when I've been working. I do take groceries and stuff and leave them on the table, peek at him and make funny faces. He's starting to look around at things other than nature's bottle. :grin:
    It is great that your family loves gaming and can share that together. The desk for your hubby sounds perfect. Yes, that hand finger coordination is very important! :grin:

Well, I wrote this last evening after work and apparently didn't hit the post button! Thank goodness for the save draft button. lol, so posting it this morning.
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@bekkasan TY for the added insight! I just love knowing little details!

Pets sounds amazing I'm really glad you have it so I can see!!! (I fear it is too big an EP to add in for my laptop.)
    Yes! It’s interesting to see the protagonists through the eyes of the supporting characters as well. And that’s great that you have lots of ideas, @bekkasan! I know Damien and Mary will make their wants known, as Mary has done for you in the past. :grin: How cute that they tend to sneak off together when you’re occupied with the others! :lol:
    I’m sorry. I hope you have more good days than difficult ones, and wish you the strength you need to get through those hard times. And congrats on your grandson! :smiley: I understand how much having them in your life can be a help. I hope that it won’t be necessary to limit contact with him for too long, although I understand the precautions. I’m not sure how I would manage things at home currently if I were still working (CNA/med tech), given our family’s circumstances. Big props to you!

Being a grandma is the best! <3 My daughter had her son (our first grandchild) almost exactly 10 months to the day of my husband’s injury; it was a lot to adjust to all at once, but a blessing all the same. And wanting to hold that baby with as little assistance as possible was a great motivator for hubby to push even harder in therapy to gain strength and function. Now the grandkids help pick up things for him, clamber onto his lap and help him “game.” :lol:
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @bekkasan Haha, Mary is no longer the shy girl she first was - and Jamie takes it very fine that she scared him again. I like his attitude.
    I'm sure Damien will want to hire Bekka - if not for the quality of her work, then for Jamie :p . Hopefully for both ;) .
    Loving the pictures of both guys with the cat <3 .
    Looking forward to the dinner! Bekka and Jamie have a lot to talk about :) .
    I hope the guys will have beautiful dates! The spring is coming way too soon and Damien needs to spend time with Mary as much as he can.
    Aww. I'm a bit sad Betty wants to move on instead of trying to get back to life :/ , but she has a right to chose what she wants.
    She takes the situation very well. I guess she's finally at peace with it now that she knows her husband will get caught.
    Goodbye, Betty. Beautiful ceremony and she seems to be sure of her decision.
    Congratulations on becoming a grandma! <3

@meerkattime Thanks so much for the comments! :smiley:<3 I love your new avatar!
    Mary has come out of her shell for sure. She's still a bit shy and gets that motive when she leaves the house. As she continues to grow I will change it to something else. I love having that ability to change their traits as they grow and change in their lives.
    :wink: Yes, I am sure he will be favorable impressed with her. :grin:
    I had fun playing the 'dates' and I'm still in the process of writing them up. It's been one of those weeks for me that was one step forward and two back. :grin: I'm persevering.
    Thanks you about the ceremony! She was ready.
    I hope you are having fun. It looks like your sim is standing in front of the tree in that avi picture. :smile:
    Thank you! Being a Grandma is so awesome! :heart:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top