Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parents mad at University Sims for cooking and showering at home.This is inappropriate, please stop!

KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
edited December 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Does anyone else think that if a university sim visits home their parents shouldn't get mad when they cook or shower? They yell at you and then eventually kick you out! I get it if you're over at a random persons house, but your family home?! Anyone know of any work arounds for this?

(CM: Thread title updated to be more specific. Please ensure the thread title matches the topic of the thread)
Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    The always welcome reward.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    The always welcome reward.

It shouldn't really be needed though to visit your own family home and cook food. It's bad design.

I agree completely but they did ask for a workaround which is why I mentioned the reward. :)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    it's just generic coding, they probably gave a reaction preset for any sim. but it's good to give feedback about these small details as devs may be able to give them a quick fix. i think there was a mod for this but it hasn't been updated
  • Options
    SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    That also happened in my game when a mother visited her daughter's new home and started cooking :/
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited December 2020
    I shouldn't be the only person that get offended to my Sims parents asking him to behave when he decided to take a nap in his old room. He chose to visit them out of the goodness of his heart its as if they disowned him.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Maybe that's the reason they gave us the always welcome reward?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Sims should definitely react differently when their own child gets "too" house warm, rather then when a stranger does it. It's no big deal to me though, as my students never visit their family during a term. But this also counts for relatives, like adult siblings or old parents visiting your home. In RL I might think to myself that a sister could kind of ask before roaming my fridge, but if she did starts cooking without asking me beforehand, it would any way harm our relation way less than if a stranger did the same.

Maybe the easy solution would be to have the option to simply ask permission to cook, sleep and all that other familiar stuff. Then, the house owner would more likely accept if the one asking is a close relative or a close friend. Both relation, mood and traits could affect whether permission was given or not. It's a bit more technical than normal family life would be, but this is a game after all. And - a chance of a challenge would just add to the fun.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I felt so bad when it happened to the first time (and still do). Imagine your own mother throwing you out from your own house for making some food. So heartbreaking.
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    Does anyone else think that if a university sim visits home their parents shouldn't get mad when they cook or shower? They yell at you and then eventually kick you out! I get it if you're over at a random persons house, but your family home?! Anyone know of any work arounds for this?

I used to have that problem a lot. I sent my university student back home for a one day visit. I was expecting her mom to kick her out or tell her to stop as usual while she was making a cake, but nothing happened this time. Things are looking up, I guess lol
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »
    it's just generic coding, they probably gave a reaction preset for any sim. but it's good to give feedback about these small details as devs may be able to give them a quick fix. i think there was a mod for this but it hasn't been updated

There still is a mod for it.
    morewelcome
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/sonstige-mods-misc-mods/

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    It’s because once a sim goes to live on campus while attending university the game labels them as a household separate from their parents household, and the game is programmed for that reaction when an “outside household” is making themselves too at home in someone else’s house. What I don’t understand is making food and taking a nap is a no no, but busting into someone’s bedroom to play blick block is cool? It would be nice if it were relationship level based. So that if you have high friendship/romance levels with a sim they don’t freak out if you cook for them or take a nap.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Or perhaps an interaction where you can ask the owner's permission to make a meal or nap.

To the original point though, we do have a family tree in sims 4 so relationships are noted and established so that should count for something other than answering the question "mama, where did I come from?"
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    bella_goth wrote: »

There still is a mod for it.
    morewelcome
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/sonstige-mods-misc-mods/

sweet, thank you Bienchen <3
  • Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    I think it's weird that Sims don't mind if you go into their fridge and take their food, but get offended if you try to cook something for them.
  • Options
    I had a problem with a Sim that refused to cook anything, and kept eating quick meals. Then he got all stressed out from not eating good meals, but still wouldn't cook. So I logged into a different character, had him visit, and tried to cook up a bunch of food for the Sim that wouldn't cook. But the Sim that wouldn't cook got upset and made him stop~ !
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Lol they dont mind you stealing their crops, but they will lash at you for cooking a meal for them with your own money.

the logic.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Yeah, it's strange that Sims will go to sleep with somebody else in their home, even a total stranger, and that other Sim can do anything they want. At least, most of the time. I did have a female Sim that would not let my level 10 cooking skill Sim cook for her, and when he tried to do it while she was sleeping, she woke up to tell him to stop. lol Most Sims won't wake up to stop you though. She just REALLY didn't want good food!

I guess I could have my high skill level Sims do the "always welcome" reward, but I always thought that was best for vampires and bad Sims. Most Sims are welcome anywhere anyways.

I have found that gardening makes pretty good money. My outdoors-loving Ojibwe stud has never even had a job, because he makes so much money off fishing, gardening, and collecting that he doesn't need one. He's the richest character I have right now, and he's never had a job. Maybe he'd like one, but then he'd have less time for his hobbies and all the girls that are "so in love with" him.
  • Options
    Do you know what my brother does when his Sims need more money? He goes into household manager, moves his Sims into the house of some npc Sims; then he moves them out and takes all their money. Then he moves them into another npc household, and does the same thing. He can easily make his new Sims rich super fast.

I haven't done that though. I like my Sims to make their own money (or move in with their friends).
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I had worse, lol! My Sim was getting married at their parent's house. (Had everything needed for a wedding) The cake made by the hired cook, that was supposed to be the wedding cake, quickly had a piece taken from it by one of the guests. Happened a second time after I had my Sim who was getting married make the cake themself. So I tried to make another cake, but my Sim got kicked out of their own wedding. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Unrelated but... I had a npc sim come visit me once. I invited him in and went to take a shower. I literally watched him steal something from me! I don't leave unaccompanied npc's roam my house anymore.

P.S. I don't remember what he stole. It was a long time ago.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Ha, I just recalled one of my off-the-grid sims visited her next door sister to make a cake for her child's birthday. I thought it would be the quickest way to get the cake needed. But her sister got very upset and threw my sim out of the house before she even got that cake into the oven ;) I think she took her child to a restaurant instead to bring-out-cake even if it was in the middle of the night.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg