Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They should do a stuff pack for men.

With how they neglect men so much, maybe a stuff pack just for men could be an idea?

It could come with a free update that adds body hair, the stuff pack could add some additional body hair options and a large selection of facial hair, some new hairstyles too including several balding hairstyles.

And the clothing selection could be chosen by regular men, men who don't care for dumb fashion trends, weird pants, etc. Just regular clothes that regular men like to wear.
Like some normal jeans in various colours without weird stripes, weird lengths, ripped everywhere or other weird stuff. Maybe some worn old sport shoes, old jackets, some new shirts with prints, and maybe some nice suits.
Maybe some new hats and sunglasses too, some gloves, maybe tattoos.

For objects maybe a furniture set fit for a bachelor pad, I think sims 3 had something like that in the Diesel pack.

Plenty of it could of course still be used for women but for this stuff pack men could be the focus for once, to finally get them some descent clothes and more beard and hair options.

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    While I agree that the traditionally masculine cosmetics feel neglected and could use addressing, I doubt that they would want to openly acknowledge anything too close to a gender dichotomy with this. They have put a fair bit of effort into unisex CAS assets, even if more have obviously been tagged as feminine.

It would probably be easier to get things based around your desired themes, rather than a blanket masculinity pack. Kind of like the Diesel pack you mentioned. Then again, I cannot really decisively name those themes either.

Ruggedness? We already have camping with OR; Adventures/ruin exploration with JA; off the grid was introduced around IL.

Grunge? We do not have a lot here. Some came with EL and CL, but not much to write home about.

Some stereotypical avenues would be sports or cars. The former being drip fed piece by piece in various packs and the latter currently stuck as decor. I am not sure this would be the right route anyway.

Honestly, a male apparel brand pack is probably the best thing that could happen for this, the more that I think about it. I am not sure what they would do for the gameplay part, but there has to be something.
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    it is hard to create a pack for men without stereotyping so that's probably why they haven't made this. Hopefully they keep both in mind when creating packs, that's the best way they can introduce all different styles for both genders. I find in real life it's hard to find many clothes etc for men as well!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Men's grooming stuff pack.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I might like that if they include a sims Jon Bon Jovi, Hugh Jackman, Joe Lando, Jonathan Frakes & Scott Bacula.
    Oops I just mentioned my crushes, lol. :D<3
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited December 2020
    I can already hear the commercial

The Sims 4 MANLY STUFF
    This is a pack for true manly man
    doing man things looking manly in manly clothes manning his way thru life

to get really good perspective on manly manliness we went to a bar and asked Man Manly what he would like to see and we hope that this is enough cause no one wants to do that girly nitpick survey stuff right.

So here we have about 20 cas items that all look really manly (mediocre at best) and this random machine cause don't we all know manly manliness is all about machines

we also added new bar for manly men to gather at and few nice looking beers (juice)

and new arm wrestling table so you can show off those muscles.

okay jokes aside
    if i wasn't already completely sick of stuff packs i suppose this could be better than the inevitable croptops sp 18

i don't personally really vibe with sports clothing or like the casual jeans stuff but i would like better suits, formal shirts, hairs, beards and mustaches and body hair

and i do think that some stereotypical man activities could be fun to have for a change
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,178 Member
    Just as long as it doesn't include 20 different Manbun hairstyles like every other Sims pack adds I'll be happy. Seriously, why does the Sims team think we only wear manbuns today? I've literally met one man with a manbun in my life.....and he got rid of it back in 2016, so no I haven't even seen a man with a manbun in the last four years!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    This is a pack I'd buy sick if they actually made new meshes for the clothing. Sick and tired of the skin tight flamboyant above the ankle pants overly colorful clothing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    There's nothing that men can do, that women can't.
    So I don't see the point of a gendered pack.

Perhaps what you really mean is that you want a butch pack.
    arts-united-states-tara-584.jpg
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited December 2020
    Just as long as it doesn't include 20 different Manbun hairstyles like every other Sims pack adds I'll be happy. Seriously, why does the Sims team think we only wear manbuns today? I've literally met one man with a manbun in my life.....and he got rid of it back in 2016, so no I haven't even seen a man with a manbun in the last four years!

2016??!

*runs into bathroom frantically looking for shavers.*

and new arm wrestling table so you can show off those muscles.
    But I would love an arm wrestling table. It could be part of the gaming table interactions:

Play cards with...
    Play that llama game with...
    Play sabacc with...
    Armwrestle with...
    Throw Table...

Anyway. I don’t think we need a Man Stuff pack. Just make those pants look less awkward on our sims in the next 30 packs and give the boys a bit more in general. And don’t bejewel them pants. None of that now.
    Just Plain. Comfy. Classy.

We could use a new body hair menu though. Make them count at least.
    And more man buns.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Arm wrestling would be a fun interaction...for everyone. Kids, too.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • xenotaxenota Posts: 1 New Member
    What do you think if Harpae (pocket mirror) were a character in the sims 3 or 4, what kind should she have traits? (my English isn’t that good)
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I’m all for this! & to make it fair, let’s only add 3 new CAS for female sims. Let the tables turn
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i agree, men need a bit more. even if it isnt a "men stuff pack" and comes with something else traditionally masculine theme.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Maybe they could just start adding more male clothing and hair options with each pack - but decent stuff please!
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    But I would love an arm wrestling table. It could be part of the gaming table interactions

yeah I would actually really love it back
    we had one in urbz gasoline row and it was fun ;)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Anyway. I don’t think we need a Man Stuff pack. Just make those pants look less awkward on our sims in the next 30 packs and give the boys a bit more in general. And don’t bejewel them pants. None of that now.
    Just Plain. Comfy. Classy.

To be honest, I'd like to see more of this for all genders.

Maybe they should do a Normcore pack. :D
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

Oh my sweet summer child! You need to get out more. I know, hard to do during a pandemic, so perhaps you could watch some Chinese historical or fantasy dramas at home, they have loads of fancy manbuns.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Should be a common & basic base game thing, doesn't it?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Although I see the idea of an male pack would add something to the game, I would probably skip such a pack. And - I think it would be hard coming up with enough content branded male, without offending females. The sexes are not as split as they used to be, male stuff might appeal also to a lot of females - and ack, EA has become oh-so-political correct and will avoid offending a gener.

What I really think this game lacks, both in CAS and BB, is content for the everyday, poor or ugly. Look at those hairstyles, they are mostly trendy. A balding male has two(?) options??? There are hardly any hairstyle that is plain ugly in the i-could-not-care-less manner. I mean, although some ppl visit a hairdresser regularly for fanciness, there are plenty of ppl not doing so, not just because they want to put their money elsewhere, but lots of ppl actually live happy and "unfancy". I remember in TS2 there was a wacko hairstyle which was actually the random result by a poorly skilled hairdresser - I used that as a standard with lots of poor sims, LOL.

Also, there could be more clothes for poor sims. There are a few simple items, but unless you want plain tee, most items still look too costy for real poor families. We got a hiking set with OR, but even the repaired outfits from ECO looks more cool than poor. Again, I'm not necessarily talking about filthy slobs, that is something else, but simpleness. They don't need to be dirty, just with less decor and jewelry. For furniture I think we have options, but even in that department there could be more options. Hardly any beds are very cheap, instead they look designer or very comfy. Cheap furniture don't need to be totally worn, although I'd love to see a few swatches where simple design has a worn version. And by cheap, the comfort/room/skill values should also be lower. I think there were more cheap furniture in TS3.

I guess EA knows that 99% of simmers prefer playing royalty or fashion, though, so my poor dream might never be realized. It's the disadvantage of online games, the developer can track what items we actually use, and then they give us more of that rather than seeing that we use the glitzy stuff because we actually have no simple stuff.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited December 2020
    I play mostly male sims, so a SP for men would interest me, but ideally I would just prefer all packs to give male sims more love and attention in CAS. It really frustrates me when female sims get so much more focus and I would much prefer packs to be more balanced. I just want a wider variety of clothing styles, hairstyles, facial/body hair, and accessories for my male sims. Some more full-length bottoms would be nice at least!
    I hope for the next packs they start to be more inclusive to male sims.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    I'm not saying they should call it the men's pack or something, just that it should for once focus on men. Could still add some stuff for women, but just be the very first of all expansions, game packs and stuff packs to give more to men than to women.
    Quite a lot more, and women can still use quite a bit of that of course.

But it feels like all stuff for men is always just tossed in as an afterthought and rarely is anything that real life men wear. Like the game is made by women who never interacted with men.

They could do something like the diesel accesoires pack of sims 3 or such, some branded pack focused mostly on men's wear. Of a brand that a lot of men actually wear, and not some lame high fashion garbage.

Male sims just need a little attention, they already interact in a very feminine way because all sims move the same. In previous sims games this was not so much as I recall.

rhalius wrote: »
    I'm not saying they should call it the men's pack or something, just that it should for once focus on men. Could still add some stuff for women, but just be the very first of all expansions, game packs and stuff packs to give more to men than to women.
    Quite a lot more, and women can still use quite a bit of that of course.

But it feels like all stuff for men is always just tossed in as an afterthought and rarely is anything that real life men wear. Like the game is made by women who never interacted with men.

They could do something like the diesel accesoires pack of sims 3 or such, some branded pack focused mostly on men's wear. Of a brand that a lot of men actually wear, and not some lame high fashion garbage.

Male sims just need a little attention, they already interact in a very feminine way because all sims move the same. In previous sims games this was not so much as I recall.

I agree with the diesel pack, for me it's a must have stuff packs because it contains many normal looking cas items for male sims, here hoping the next pack male sims will get more love.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    It wouldn’t sell.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    We need body hair for men and trousers and Jean's past their ankles 😂, I personally dont think we need a full stuff pack for men, although I understand this thread