Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still have hope/interest in TS5?

Comments

• Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    Yes, I plan to purchase / but I will wait after a release
    I used to be super excited and wanting TS5 to happen ..... NOW!

But, after the last year and seeing how much more lackluster and non-full, fleshed out packs are becoming for the same price as they used to be in previous iterations, I don't ever see that changing. So, I'm not excited at all any more.

If they are truly going with a multiplayer version (even if they have a single player version along with it) we're once again going to have a limited engine and dummied down AI ..... why would they need a robust, intuitive and smart AI if it's multiplayer? The "players" will essentially be the AI.

The engine will be basic again because if it's multiplayer, they will need it to perform well on servers with millions of people on it at the same time.

I'm know I will buy it, but definitely not at release.

But if it doesn't have at bare minimum:
    • Open neighborhoods without loading screens ...... where I can walk freely into community lots and visit my neighbors or surrounding neighborhood areas until I choose to go to another world.
    • CAW or the ability to place my own lot sizes, design my own world with world objects that I want in MY game
    • Colorwheel and CASt for everything from CAS items to Build/Buy
    • Ability to build functional Apartments in any world I choose
    • Ability to paint the darn ceiling
    • Configurable stairs
    • Pools (with actual diving boards)
    • More variety of community lots besides .... bar/lounge/nightclub (which are essentially the exact same thing), libraries, museums
    • Ability to create Multi-functional lots ..... I want to create MY lots how I want them, if I want a laundromat/bar/daycare as a community lot, then that's what I should have the ability to create
    • Expansion packs that actually "expand" the base game ..... objects, systems, and game play should be able to be used in any world I chose to use them in
    • Wants/Fears
    • Attraction System (Turn Ons/Turn Offs)
    • Traits that actually influence the sims behavior ..... I don't want a loner sim to be unhappy because they haven't socialized recently
    • TOGGLES! Lots and lots of toggles for everything, so players can truly customize their game the way they want .... I'm not an occult player but did buy ROM and Vampires even though I don't really play them, but I didn't mind them doing their "occulty" things in my game, removing that was wrong on the Devs part, they should have implemented a toggle for those players who didn't want that in their game
    • All ages, fully fleshed out from release

I could go on and on, but those are my major must haves for me to actually invest any more time and money into another iteration of The Sims.

Its a big quote LOL. But yes! This would be awesome.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I'd buy it as long as it has all the features I want such as 1) open world with CAW and in-built travel among worlds, 2) colorwheel, CASt, basically ability of complete customization of everything including gameplay, 3)gameplay and other features not released piecemeal like with TS4 - each pack must have something for everyone like with previous iterations 4) NOT online multiplayer - savegame is local with optional only cloud saving.

What would you want the expansions to be like?

I'm pretty flexible on what they want for the expansions, but the things I listed are absolutely essential.

....Well, okay....I also want scuba diving and all the water activities from the Island Paradise EP and expand on it:
    1. Ability for mermaids to live underwater as they should. This means furniture and other assets specifically for merfolks to live underwater.
    2. Merfolk should have more powers.
    3. Ability for human sims to live underwater - great for scuba divers and scientists. This means walls and other assets so structures can be built under water. Should include a depressurize/pressurize room to fill up with water or empty as sims leave or enter the facility. Etc.
    4. Dolphins as pets that sims can ride or train to find treasure, shells, and fish. Can also protect sims from sharks and other danger.
    5. More dangerous marine life to add more challenge and interest.
    6. Hotel/Resort mix of those in Sims 3 and Sims 2.

I've also been asking for the ability to fly in all forms and the abililty to live in the sky/clouds:
    1. Supernatural power (superheroes)
    2. Wings (but not just fly around in a lot, what I want is actual flight through a world)
    3. All kinds of aircraft: airplanes, helicopters, hang-gliding, even paragliding with a boat
    4. Pets you can ride through the air: dragons and pegasys
    5. As mentioned before, the ability to build lots in the sky somehow

We can build them now, but I'd like an ability/feature to easily build more elaborate treehouses.

So yeah, they can do whatever expansions they want, but these are what I'd really love to see.

• SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited November 2020
    No, and I dont plan on purchasing.
    I originally got into TS4 because they did a really good job with vampires and added toddlers and Parenthood that year, so I thought the game was going to keep on getting better. But ever since then they keep dropping the ball with both occult and family gameplay, which is the two things I use the most in my gameplay. I don't want to give up on Sims 4 because I already spent so much money on it, but with the Sims Team's current priorities, I don't think Sims 5 is going to be of any interest to me. So, I'll stick with Sims 3 and 4 for all of my simming needs. When I want good gameplay, I'll go to TS3. When I want pretty CAS, I'll go to TS4.
  • stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    And why or why not?

What do you think the team needs to focus on the most? What should be the priority/ aim of the next game?

Id say right now what the team constantly says is inclusitivity. What is one word/theme youd want EA to focus on in the next game?

I would prefer an additional option. I would have to see the trailer and things to see if I will or will not buy the Sims 5.

The big buzzword for me would be: comprehensive.
    I want a full base game. As I said in a different post, I want a base game with seasons, kids and pets in it. Maybe 6 careers (four of which are non-rabbit hole).
    Then create different expansion packs with additional careers and aspirations.
    The world would exist but would be empty lots. You would then pick a theme (snowy, sandy, grassy, urban, etc) and your world would transform into that theme. There would be various lots available on the gallery (from Maxis and other simmers) to download into your game.

Example: University pack.
    Teacher, janitor, cook could all be new careers without rabbitholes. They are all needed in the university.
    New world. Nothing in it but the option to download (for free) various university lots from the gallery or you could make your own. The lot would require certain things in order to work as a university lot.

As I said in the other thread, I would have extra build-buy and CAS stuff in the stuff packs. I would get rid of the game pack as I find them surplus to requirements.
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I've spent too much time with this latest iteration headbanging, and too much money on headache pills just trying to deal with it.

So... no.

Because it's too hard and too expensive.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,178 Member
    If EA could at least stop being EA for five minutes and give the Sims team a nice healthy budget (Considering how barebone Sims 4 and its expansions are I wouldn't be surprised if EA had been giving the Sims team the same budget they had when making Sims 2.....Without the inflation as well.) and not rush it out to market when the game isn't even close to being presented yet......I'd gladly buy it.

But unfortunately this is 2020 EA, while other game companies go in and give their games plenty of money and time, yes even the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 companies. EA will still be sitting there thinking that minimal effort = maximum reward is the only way forward in this industry. If even ACTIVISION (That's right EA, mentioning your ultimate rival!) at least knows that you need to put in some money and effort to make good games because while I don't like Call of Duty.......Holy Hell is that new Call of Duty looking sharp, it looks like it actually had a budget!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    If they continue this art-style into the next iteration. I'm hoping that they bring back "minor pets" in TS5. Snakes, Lizards, Turtles, Birds, etc.

Also I'd like to see a new death, where you get a bright lime-green ghost - Death by Envenomation.

Who was the twisted soul who decided in Sims 3 that a Malayan Krait was a "minor pet"? Were they insane?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    Neither of the options, I'll purchase it that's without a doubt but I have low expectations for the game. They aren't gonna suddenly start spending twice as long on packs (which is what they need to do) because they're making money just fine at the moment on their bare minimum. It'll still be the case of five rushed out half baked packs every single year which will lack quality and depth because EA only cares about one thing and spoiler alert it sure as heck aint the players.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I've spent too much time with this latest iteration headbanging, and too much money on headache pills just trying to deal with it.

So... no.

Because it's too hard and too expensive.

Buy and play The Sims 3. It has so much gameplay and customization and so much stuff for your sims to do! It is <3 AMAZING! <3

• keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    I have a little hope that they'll be able to make a competent engine with TS5. However, it's worrying that the devs consider the current standards of Sims 4 to be acceptable. I don't know what happened to their judgment but it's disappeared these these last six years.

I have a lot of hope and excitment for Paralives though. After the insulting stain that is Journey to Batuu, I made a Patreon account and supported development because I have more faith in a small team indie studio then a AAA company with millions of dollars at their disposal. That's just sad.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't plan on purchasing, but not because I don't have "hope" for it. It's more because I love Sims 4 too much to want to switch to a new game and start over again. I've been playing since 1 and it's been fun, but Sims 4 is (almost) the perfect game for me and I love it too much to give it up for another. (Let's face it, I don't have time for more than one sims game at a time. I barely have enough time to play this one! )

• TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I plan on purchasing after release. I purchased TS4 too early and was disappointed by the base game. When new expansions were added I had some hope but as more get added I find that features I really enjoyed keep ending up broken and take a long time to fix or don't get fixed at all.

The new build mode features were good to begin with but as I got better at my builds I started to find that there were some things that I wanted to do that build mode just couldn't do, and as much as the new updates have helped it's just felt limited and like they didn't really take a concept to it's full potential (for example the platforms are good but they missed an opportunity to make a floating platform). There's also been a lot that should have been in the game that wasn't there from the beginning and is still missing (cars... like not even personal cars but carpool cars)

TS4 has lost a lot of good faith from me so I'd be hesitant to invest more money into the franchise until seeing other peoples playthroughs of the finished base game, and I wouldn't even buy it unless it a) delivered the product that the advertising promised and b) the product was good and a considerable advancement on TS3/4.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited November 2020
    Seeing how the Sims has changed ever since I began with 1 countless years ago has set me on a very adamant nope. Unless it returns to more serious roots I feel playing new Sims games is over for me.

I just wanted a realistic life simulator without any over the top elements as the main focus, and seeing 4s (and Journey to Bateu) tone and art isn't my interests.

I'd like to compare how it should've been done to 1/2 where it's primarily a difficult life simulator with wacky elements here and there. Whereas 4 went full wacky with the occasional serious element.

5 could be good... In its own way if it's actually learnt from 4s errors. But as long as it isn't a life simulator I'm not buying it.

Especially if it sells us the most basic features like seasons for the FOURTH game in a row. I may like realism. But nothings worth paying £40 to get a part of the experience.. or pets. Another basic that would require a lot of waiting time and money just to get as a watered down variant of what 2/3 did. Leave the crazy out of world experiences to expansions so I can skip them
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited November 2020
    The game manufacturers will try to get away with the "least amount of work for the greatest amount of reward". What it all boils down to is looking in the mirror, directly at yourself (the consumer). If you want conditions to improve, you set the bar. You refuse to buy the game as it stands now thereby denying the game manufacturer the funds because YOU as the consumer are dissatisfied with the current situation as it stands now. The simple fact is: if any game manufacturer goes by that business model of doing less work then shoving out half-done packs expecting people to purchase them "just because they'll buy anything we produce", then they DESERVE to go out of business.

Complaining about how lacking a game is while still rewarding the gaming manufacturer with sales "just because" doesn't get us anywhere. Time to bite the bullet and withhold your money.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    I'm having a great time with Sims 4 so yes, barring an inescapable online component or Story Progression, I plan to buy it.

Even a completely open world situation or color wheels for everything would only delay my purchase for a while - I'd need to see what this means in-game, no mods first. I'd maybe wait a few months and see if I could find a good, non-annoying gameplay video to watch. As long as it met my play style checklist, I'd be happy to spend money on it.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I will only purchase if the game is an actual upgrade of previous installments with new features I care about and reflect the time period of its release (so the 2020s).
    If we get another game with no depth, no improvement from the previous games, features missing and graphics that look a decade old then I won't buy it.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • LeosimsLeosims Posts: 47 Member
    it wont happen,But if it were to happen,I WOuld Plan to purchase.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I think they will have learned some valuable lessons from Sims 4 and 5 is going to be great.
  • indigo_snap45indigo_snap45 Posts: 45 Member
    Have been researching Paralives and like what I see. They seem to have found the soul that TS4 lost.

It will be really interesting to see what happens when Paralives releases. The only reason I believe the Sims has continued to do "so well" is that it has never had any competition. Another reason I believe they have become complacent and cash grabbers.

But when a new game that gives us what we ask for comes to town... like I said it will be interesting.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Still NO!!
    My Sims 3 is good & Sims 4 is still developing.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    The bar's been set super-high for long-lifespan games, especially sequels.

I bought Crusader Kings III not long ago. It's a sequel to a game that had an eight-year lifespan and 15 (!) DLC, each at minimum the size of a Game Pack and usually more like the size of a full Expansion Pack in Sims terms...and all of them priced at $15 USD or less.

The game comes, out of the box, with just about everything that CK2 had, because Paradox wasn't going to convince anyone to upgrade if the game people were already playing was better in every way than the new game. It is a fantastic, fully realized experience and a worthy sequel.

EA's not going to be able to get away with putting out Sims 5 and having it be like previous Sims games were at launch, feeling like badly stripped-down versions and missing essential features of the games that came before them.

If they make it a fully open world, it's got to be at least as good as Sims 3 fully expanded.

If they make it a more restricted world, it has to be substantially better than Sims 4.

Because DLC is expensive in EA's world—"highway robbery" is more to the point compared to other long-running games' DLC price points—and your customers will only be willing to pay so much for an experience when they already have that experience in a previous game they already own.

It's not 2004 or even 2009 anymore. It's time for The Sims to evolve for the new reality of the long-runner "lifestyle game" marketplace in 2021.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Nope. TS4 is the end for me.
  • saladprincess92saladprincess92 Posts: 6 New Member
    I think they should make the world online and you can create your own family but you can invite people online into your own world and share things. And Hopefully have loads of XP Like horses,Hamsters, and of course have an XP just for story making instead.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Yes, I still have interest and I still have hope. We are all aware of the mess behind The Sims 4 and I think we just need to let that go, no matter how much we complain, it won't change the fact that the original launch for this game was beyond help.

I know EA have a bit of a reputation, my partner plays FIFA and watches streams and I hear a lot of complaints from their side too. I'm just hoping they won't make the same mistake twice.
  • EmersedCrownEmersedCrown Posts: 120 Member
    I echo @Oldeseadogge. Paralives, even without being released, has shown me what Sims could have been. The level of customisation that comes in that game is a standard that Sims 4 only 70% reaches thanks to mods.

It is possible that dreams can come true. I was ready to give up on Assassin's Creed after years of Ubisoft churning out low-quality games. Then, they learned their lesson and came back significantly stronger. It is possible that Sims could follow a similar path. I live in hope.