Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why so many violins??

My sims live in San Myshuno. Anyone know what's up with this collection of violins that was laying around in the street? Has this always been this way?

y4mDd0uKpkROIHWqNsi3wfX-4AAQmBmWTkO6LjTMOk-D0uPL8sxUtvMPbWmPzomxEWAFQt7tSSth0_M9PYeYqrdGLr1YmI6JFJqaI_b4vEzm3usSstYpI6tMjS8CjBQ9vlKx_zNbqIeOiIs6QPpDr9k3sp--78v_LTcQWPSgxIvPfyuaRExd0FN-8IK5y27A5_9?width=1024&height=576&cropmode=none

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    Never seen it!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sims seem to be abandoning things all over the place in my game. Instruments, bikes, clay blobs, journals and future cubes. I actually just download Bienchen's destroy objects mod earlier today so I can clean my game up a little.

Maybe this is a designated busking spot and they forget to take their instruments each time?
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I had sims playing violins out of the blue in willow creek. Like Summer Holiday was playing a violin for no reason within the street lol
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    bixters wrote: Β»
    My sims live in San Myshuno. Anyone know what's up with this collection of violins that was laying around in the street? Has this always been this way?

y4mDd0uKpkROIHWqNsi3wfX-4AAQmBmWTkO6LjTMOk-D0uPL8sxUtvMPbWmPzomxEWAFQt7tSSth0_M9PYeYqrdGLr1YmI6JFJqaI_b4vEzm3usSstYpI6tMjS8CjBQ9vlKx_zNbqIeOiIs6QPpDr9k3sp--78v_LTcQWPSgxIvPfyuaRExd0FN-8IK5y27A5_9?width=1024&height=576&cropmode=none

Get your Sims to steal them and then sell them. πŸ˜‚
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited December 2020
    San Myshuno resident are always not right in the head, they used to litter the beautiful place with coffee cups back in the day and now with expensive stuff like violins.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Do you have Eco Lifestyle installed?

Do you have NPC voting in NAPS disabled?

Because that looks like a side effect of the Support Performing Arts NAP.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Sharonia wrote: Β»
    Sims seem to be abandoning things all over the place in my game. Instruments, bikes, clay blobs, journals and future cubes. I actually just download Bienchen's destroy objects mod earlier today so I can clean my game up a little.

Maybe this is a designated busking spot and they forget to take their instruments each time?

It's possible. I've been playing the same household for a while. Maybe every busker just left their violin on the ground?
    Do you have Eco Lifestyle installed?

Do you have NPC voting in NAPS disabled?

Because that looks like a side effect of the Support Performing Arts NAP.

I actually don't even own Eco Lifestyle. It's just very strange.
    DeKay wrote: Β»
    bixters wrote: Β»

Get your Sims to steal them and then sell them. πŸ˜‚

Good idea :D At least make a little money.
  • EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    That very thing was plaguing my San Myshuno Uptown neighborhood (and to a lesser extent, the Flee Market festival area) a year ago.

y4mrWtG-8NZZBL6c2kFPq2bUiNdMiPGMe-mZSeMq3lYWbADQtJQvZ7WTcLVIQTMaWtYJTJ9uGBST8OqYNNfZnQ_UIEgJh5X-jsGBMB94Aak67R43Yvx1u4eITcRmYydVQhJJ6r9Kq8IBBLpesHyWjaConhZPE116crmCEvMGqxWt79apPGcD6KDOg9zUtLTo1c7?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    y4misZmUCbKHx1EyywdBzZvxJE3XJVGdSfH1HG1cyFdX11mB3NwKHmYVnuSDQdrsgpyHqdQ02qJEqJJo9Qk2e4BFj-bchWSs8QcyEy5w9ic3rcX_wwSpCKIBRc4idK-x1mdxC-PCpWlDFdPYFG6C1R4NQnLOm-iKJrWtUe3BJzLwZRaCV4Tt_TSJvhA2jQJ11hH?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

I used T.O.O.L to clean it up. And because I don't play the Sims living there for long periods of time anymore, I haven't seen it happen again. I only pop into that household for maybe a day or two at a time now, so the violins don't have much of a chance to build up like that anymore.
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
    Ennael wrote: Β»
    That very thing was plaguing my San Myshuno Uptown neighborhood (and to a lesser extent, the Flee Market festival area) a year ago.

y4mrWtG-8NZZBL6c2kFPq2bUiNdMiPGMe-mZSeMq3lYWbADQtJQvZ7WTcLVIQTMaWtYJTJ9uGBST8OqYNNfZnQ_UIEgJh5X-jsGBMB94Aak67R43Yvx1u4eITcRmYydVQhJJ6r9Kq8IBBLpesHyWjaConhZPE116crmCEvMGqxWt79apPGcD6KDOg9zUtLTo1c7?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    y4misZmUCbKHx1EyywdBzZvxJE3XJVGdSfH1HG1cyFdX11mB3NwKHmYVnuSDQdrsgpyHqdQ02qJEqJJo9Qk2e4BFj-bchWSs8QcyEy5w9ic3rcX_wwSpCKIBRc4idK-x1mdxC-PCpWlDFdPYFG6C1R4NQnLOm-iKJrWtUe3BJzLwZRaCV4Tt_TSJvhA2jQJ11hH?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

I used T.O.O.L to clean it up. And because I don't play the Sims living there for long periods of time anymore, I haven't seen it happen again. I only pop into that household for maybe a day or two at a time now, so the violins don't have much of a chance to build up like that anymore.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! It's so weird. I guess this is another bug in the game.
    At least my kleptomaniac sim can steal all the violins and sell them :D:D
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    I suppose it is some rich ladys art installation
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I had this bug in an old save file long before Eco Lifestyle came out. I wasn't able to put them in my inventory because I didn't own the object. The only way I could get rid of them was using the delete object cheat.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    @bixters "Why so many violins??"

Because... otherwise it could be bagpipes! :o
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m still hoping it’s a hint for a band pack. πŸ™
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    I’m still hoping it’s a hint for a band pack. πŸ™

Nice! Or maybe an awesome violin pack like this? B)

(Lol! I noticed they're all drinking glasses of water. Totally Sims4 style! :D )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    @Admiral8Q Oooh I love Lindsey Stirling!
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    You just missed a street performance of the strings section of The San Myshuno City Orchestra. B)
    @Admiral8Q Oooh I love Lindsey Stirling!
    Same.
    I talked to her a little bit when she was a newbie on youtube. I liked her videos then. It's so awesome she became such a hit over the years!

You just missed a street performance of the strings section of The San Myshuno City Orchestra. B)
    :D:D:D
    Nice! B)
    Probably went off to get some food and drinks at the vendor booths. And/or use the public toilets. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

I had this bug in an old save file long before Eco Lifestyle came out. I wasn't able to put them in my inventory because I didn't own the object. The only way I could get rid of them was using the delete object cheat.

What object cheat code did use? I tried shift clicking on the violins, but there was no option to delete them. My kleptomaniac sim couldn't even steal them :D