Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

horrible routing problem out nowhere

hi all

i have a problem in Sims 3

since this evening i notice scarry game freezing and issue when i read about stuck sim somewhere i realise that nearly every lot has totaly routing issues

most my local bar were totaly unable to enter even without any block or stairs
houses were unable to move up stairs even sims keep crying they can not reach

cats not even want to move anymore they non stop stuck dreaming about a sleeping pillow and beeing tired while the cat bed right next to them

i dunno what it is i see the "blocked route" bubble connected to a blue strange crystal which i can not recognize it to be hmm wish i can upload a screenshot here

anyone do know this issue and possible solution i do freak out on this unplayable moment

sorry bad english :)

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Could you possibly please tell what world you're having this problem in? Is it an EA world, or a user made world?
    You can also upload screenshots to external hosting sites like photobucket, imgur, or image shack, and then put a link here. If you're not a full member it might not be a clickable link, but we can still paste it into our browsers and see what's going on. Screenshots would be helpful...
    Though, @Igazor seems to be fairly good at discerning problems without pics, so hopefully he might be along in a little while to try and help.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • ZvitatzkiZvitatzki Posts: 27 Member
    edited August 2015
    hii ty the reply :)

my world is the pet expansion one Appaloosa Plains

it has work all fine and suddenly everyone stuck can not even pass stairs or goes arround the localbar (door is front but sim goes to back side to cry on a wall he can not get inside)
    same one i ask to swim together my sim goes to the pool the one i ask to join can not find the way

more and more those issues and here on screenshot

ttp://postimg.org/image/r4plrvlz5/

im not allowed to post links it say
    You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links

ssoo the link is above "ttp" just change into http :)

i can not understand this blue crystal they crying about but this appear by every route fail
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    You may have to go into Edit Town and evict your family, then move them back in (and if you go into testingcheatsenabled freerealestate, you won't have to pay for your house again).
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
    hmm but this is happen in every household including community
    as the screenshot there is on a friends party home all those living sims there on the picture are complainning about no route those are not my family but the same story happen at my home too
    edited August 2015
    Screenshot_40.jpg

Here, I posted it for you, thanks for uploading it :)
    I... don't think I've ever seen a town in its entirety have complete and utter route fail like you're describing. Do you use mods at all? Like the NRASS suit of mods?
    I think that blue crystal thing is some kind of pet bed or blanket, though I don't see why it would be affecting the entire town.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    You could try resetting them all maybe?
    Here's the cheat: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=451.0

You'd probably want to reset everybody, which is the cheat found at the bottom of the post. Whether this will fix it or they all get stuck again... I don't know.
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
    hmmm i see the problem when i use nraas to reset everything there are spawned black balls on every single road block including indoor they was invisible on the pic but are invisible yet after the action and those sims are unable to pass over those black balls

mysterios what they be i can upload again^^

ttp://postimg.org/image/myavbczuv/

again ttp into http :)

ty all the help i must try remove those black balls via shift and delete object x_x

big mess :)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    That's odd :o I wonder what those are. Never seen them before.

TS3_W_2015_08_11_01_13_52_604.jpg
    5JZ57S6.png
    Here's the black ball picture. I've heard of those once before I think. I can't remember where though.

TS3_W_2015_08_11_01_13_52_604.jpg
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
    there are many blocks invisible object which not appear by reset but unable to pass by

is there any mod to place this object elminate block like we had in sims 2?

it really be needed here to place and elminate those invisible objects on every block the stairs are still unable to pass
  • ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    Oh I had a white block in front of all my stairs once. It didn't bother them though, they could still use the staircase. I deleted it and placed a new one later though because it was bugging me. It's probably different than what you're talking about though as it didn't interfere with my game.
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2015
    The black balls you are seeing are unwanted, usually invisible and non-selectable objects that can indeed block routing. A common example would be abandoned social jigs, but that's a lot of those to be seeing at once. Resetting will not flush them out.

On one such infested lot, click on the ground and use MasterController to help identify them further and get rid of them.
    NRaas > MC > Object Stats > Non-Inventory (MC Cheats add-on module required)

Do you see anything showing up in the list of all non-inventory objects that looks like these black balls? If so, what are they? If they have the name "jig" in them of any kind, select them to flush all at once. Be very careful not to flush something really important, like your actual sims or their plumbobs.

If you repeat the above by clicking on the ground of the World Lot (that is, a place that isn't really on any other lot such as a road or sidewalk), you should be able to use Non-Inventory, Local or Global, one of those, after a long pause to get a very long list of all objects in your world and flush the rest of them all at once.

The white cube that @ARRensch mentions is something different. That would indicate an EA store item that is not loading correctly at the time it is needed or perhaps got uninstalled and the game cannot find a reasonable substitute.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited August 2015
    hmm i did not hear about this MC cheats before

i do have plenty nraas additions but there is no MC in my list
    where can i find this ? if possible
    maybe i must download and add first :)
    aah nvm it means master controller i must look into my game in a bit :)
    edited August 2015
    problem is my nraas show in german language
    i not see the same line master controller - object stats not even as translated it look different by me

i see "inventarobject verkaufen" which means like sell inventory object in english and inventar sortieren which mean sort inventory but both show value 0

here is another screenshot on the issue
    if see the mouse curose on right picture is lower i can click walk here
    on left side the mouse cursor a bit above it have those road blocks

ttp://postimg.org/image/4d59z5uuf/

change the ttp into http on the link adress :)
    edited August 2015
    MasterController Cheats is one of several optional add-on modules for MasterController. "MC" is just an abbreviation. The module adds more commands to the ones that come with MasterController base. You must have the module to use the commands I described; make sure the versions match/are compatible with your game's patch level.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited August 2015
    more i find out on those black balls they are caused by pets i read on google something about "pets laid down" this lead to the knowedge this problem is pet related

indeed i keep watching out a cat that only stand arround doing nothing
    when i do try speak her she do turn but my sim does a big bow arround her first
    notice that everywhere this cat has been standing is unable to click
    trying to make her move and she teleport step to step not even walking animation
    i suspect it is one my anti run mods as i truely hate this ugly fast walking and this childish run out house as adult acting like 8 years old

yet i remove my anti fast walk mod and will see again
    Correct, if they are pet-related jigs. They can also be caused by teaching toddlers to walk, any kinds of sims being reset while they were doing something social, at a party that failed, or going through a door at the time, or the game saved and reloaded in, what is to the sims, an unexpected place.

Have you been able to get MasterController Cheats loaded to get rid of the ones you do have so you have a cleaner starting point? There really isn't any other way (that I know of) to get rid of them once they have appeared, besides bulldozing all the affected lots and replacing them with copies which can be far more complicated.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    not directly a cleaner yet but i use nraas lot reset if i see too many sims / pets in one household or i notice sims too long in one place on overview map i reset too this usualy give a more smooth gameplay :)

about those balls they can be removed via testingcheatsenabled and shift key and if debug buy/build turn on moveobjects can sell too but they will reappear

removing the mod file called "WalkDontRun" solved the black ball problem :)
    the existing ones are still there but they will not be back after delete and the cats / other pets can move again the way they used to be

sadly i have to accept those ugly fast walk and adult > childish run out home but atleast less bugs :)
    seem all those walk mods are not pet combitable hmm

maybe this help in future if one has similiar problems
    walking animation mods which are not pet combitable will cause big issues
    like my first one caused horses and other animals to morhping and scale like humans mod file name

"hryniuk-NoFootTappingOnWaitForClearRoute" and "WalkDontRun" is not pet combitable :/

ty very all the help :)
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    I would go to Town Edit, save a copy of your favourite household/s to library and then start a new game in a new world, and put your saved household/s into that. Because it looks like it's way too much hassle to fix that .. mod this cheat that do this do that .. sometimes it's easier to let it go
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    edited August 2015
    I would go to Town Edit, save a copy of your favourite household/s to library and then start a new game in a new world, and put your saved household/s into that. Because it looks like it's way too much hassle to fix that .. mod this cheat that do this do that .. sometimes it's easier to let it go
    Except in this case the player already had MasterController in place and was only missing an add-on extension for the cleanup task. The issue for them was actually caused by a different mod that was not updated to work with or beyond the Pets EP, so had they just moved everyone to another world with their pets the problem would have started building up again almost immediately.

We get that not everyone wants to use mods to fix issues in their games. But for those who already are (as in this case) or those who wish to try, the support is there if they seek it out.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    We get that not everyone wants to use mods to fix issues in their games. But for those who already are (as in this case) or those who wish to try, the support is there if they seek it out.

Not to stray off topic, @igazor, but speaking as someone who has generally tried to avoid mods, this attitude and approach makes me much more confident of NRass products. Thanks for being here on the scene to help. :)
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Not to stray off topic, @igazor, but speaking as someone who has generally tried to avoid mods, this attitude and approach makes me much more confident of NRass products. Thanks for being here on the scene to help. :)
    I think my colleagues and I have learned more about how this game operates by supporting other users than we have by actually playing it ourselves (slight exaggeration). Wish more would come to our site for support when needed as that's kind of what we are there for, but ah well can't have everything.

And thanks for the kind words. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    > @DivinylsFan said:
    > I would go to Town Edit, save a copy of your favourite household/s to library and then start a new game in a new world, and put your saved household/s into that. Because it looks like it's way too much hassle to fix that .. mod this cheat that do this do that .. sometimes it's easier to let it go

changing family i not think will even have solved that as this been on near every lot which had a cat at home
    the animals caused this by unable to move due to a no fast walk mod which were not pet combitable there it had no pet animation in the modded package which caused all animals to stuck but the route they plan walk keep beeing in use

my issue iss solved yet by removing the 2 walk style packages :)
  • lisabest131lisabest131 Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank you!!!!! I had exactly the same issue and as soon as you said “walk dont run” i knew it was that!!! So annoying, I hate how they run everywhere, this was a great mod, but cant keep it if it causes this much trouble!!
    Thanks for sussing this out for me!!!!