March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The game will not enable Custom content since new patch

No matter how many time I enable custom content, save and exit the game, my cc is disabled when I run the game again. Does anyone else have this problem?
cc4simscomindugledv.jpg

Comments

• MightySparksMightySparks Posts: 80 Member
    It's happening for me too. I tried moving the options.ini file as that is apparently a fix but it didn't help with this. Can't play without my CC so it's very frustrating :(
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Count me in on this, RIP.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • PhilHarrisSMOPhilHarrisSMO Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having this problem too. It severely limits my gameplay.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I'm having this exact same problem. :(

I played around with the new skin tones a bit, but I can't play without my CC or Mods.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited December 2020
    This worked for another user on the forum, this is from https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Can-t-activate-my-mods-after-new-update/td-p/9560277 which has several suggestions if you have trouble enabling mods in your game.

I found how to fix this after an hour of repairing my game.
    Repairing the game did not the trick. But I realized that the GameVersion file in my Documents folder were not the same as the real game version.
    If you have the same problem, check in Documents>ElectronicArts>TheSims4 et find the GameVersion file. Open it, and see what number is written.
    Open you game. Check at the bottom of the home page of your game. If the game versions are different, change the one in the file you opened just before for it to match the one written in your game. Worked for me.

Other possible solutions:
    Try deleting options.ini in your user folder (this will reset all your game settings)
    Try a game repair (origin>right click on the game in your game library>repair)
    Check to make sure that you have full access to your user folder and that your antivirus is not blocking your changes. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screenshots/td-p/9572695
    Check to make sure that you don't have incompatible mods, try the 50/50 method where you move your mods away from your mods folder in order to find the one or several ones that need updating.
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 247 Member
    More info than "it isn't working" is required.

For instance, My game, I have lost ALL custom CAS skins and skintones.
    Years of collecting and texturing down the drain.
    Years of other creators work destroyed.

And a game that is so vanilla ordinary forced on us by "don't give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸" Corporate code Monkeys, that I am infuriated, want a war etc.