Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skin tone update yay next Eyelashes!?

DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
So the new skin tone and makeup update is great but i cringed a little when watching a streamer apply eye makeup to eyelids with NO eyelashes just eyelids im gonna have to get the eyelash mod but now we have tones i feel that eyelashes need to be something in another update. What are your thoughts? Also isnt there a kijiko mod for toddler/child lashes?

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'd rather see an update to hair colours next. Don't care if they add a lot more or give us sliders for that too. I need more hair colours! I always end up using 3-4 colours only, my sims end up looking the same.

I don't use CC eyelashes. Only CAS CC I have is body hair and a skin overlay.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2020
    I use CC lashes so I'm not that fussed.

Something I've noticed about Maxis is they don't ever seem to add lashes to the bottom of the eyes. I can understand this in the Sims 4 for the obvious reason that default eyelashes are just a hideous black strip but even in the Sims 3 which has real looking lashes it seems to be the same, no lashes on the bottom of the eyes.

I actually don't think Maxis would ever make eyelashes as good as what the custom content creators have come up with but if they could that would be just lovely.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    yes please, more hair colors!
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I'd rather see an update to hair colours next. Don't care if they add a lot more or give us sliders for that too. I need more hair colours! I always end up using 3-4 colours only, my sims end up looking the same.

Yes same. Hair colors look really embarrassing now, next to 100+ skintones.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Better eyelashes in game would be awesome. I would prefer to have them as a skin detail, instead of built in to some eyes and to have separated lashes. For now I have PickyPikachu’s cc Maxis match lashes and they’re still working great with the update as is Kijiko’s EA eyelash remover. So I am a happy camper right now.
  • DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    i found the kids eyelashes yay
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I’m happy for the update on makeup. My only complaint is that they didn’t even bother to add light shades. I hope hair is next as well. I dislike that yellow blonde we currently have
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2020
    Justin wrote: »
    I’m happy for the update on makeup. My only complaint is that they didn’t even bother to add light shades. I hope hair is next as well. I dislike that yellow blonde we currently have

I hope hair is next too! Even if we could just have sliders on the current colors, that would make a world of difference. We were so spoiled with the sims 3 when we got to make custom hair colors and also change the color of the roots and highlights as well
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm not too bothered by the eyelashes really, I'm used to them as they are. I'd much rather see hue and saturation sliders for hair. Seeing how much those do for makeup, we wouldn't even need that many additional hair colours (though that would still be nice).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Yes hair colours please. I know skin tone is a much requested feature but I would really want hair colours :)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'd rather have more hair color. I don't care at all about eyelashes.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited December 2020
    Next I wish they gave us these tools for haircolors

idk how to feel about lashes atm cause i feel the changes they made to hairstyles look too alpha and I really want to stop them going that direction

but i suppose if the lashes are makeup and complete optional thats fine

don't mess with them eyes though
    I don't want all my sims suddenly have fabulous lashes
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Next body hair!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I use CC Lashes, but I would love if they gave us actual eyelashes instead of the horrid black paint strip! If they did, that would be one more piece of CC I wouldn't need to have in my mods folder.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd love to see a hair colour slider that slides from ashy to warm.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    The sims team needs to give us a proper black hair color.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    What I most want next is more baby skintones.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    What I most want next is more baby skintones.

Yes! Babies just need to be fixed in general. I want them not to be objects of course, but they REALLY look like objects which is frustrating. At least if they are objects, they should look better. They really don't fit the aesthetic of the game at all
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »

Agree,they could have made the sliders for the hair colours as well. B)

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    A hair colour update would be wonderful especially if it meant we could a have less blue black hair and no more weird yellow blond hair.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love the weird yellow hair color for certain Sims, so I just hope they add lots of more natural colors, including combinations like streaked blonde/brown. And more unnatural colors too!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited December 2020
    if they update the lashes to make them look a bit more realistic then i guess they could also implement body hair without it looking like the sim spread itself some clay, pretty sure we'll have more cas updates. like some users mentioned we could use a color wheel for any hair, it could be for hairstyles, beard, eyebrows, body hair and lashes cuz why not lol
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 455 Member
    Body hair, beards, or something for men please.

And in that make up update it would have been handy if they had an option to just copy the make up of one outfit to all. I'm sure women might like doing that for each individual outfit differently and all but I'm a guy. I throw something neutral on them and give them the same for every outfit save for swimming and sleeping, athletic depending on personality.

• SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I don’t like the fact that after skintones update, everyone want to have another update and due to that we will not be so loud and visible again. I hope that counters will be next updated thing but honestly I will support any improvement.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I always loved the CAS in Sims 3 where I was able to give my sims streaks, lengthen their eyelashes, give them claws, put tattoos anywhere on their limbs & torsos. Change the colors of their clothing & accessories. And really go crazy with decorating their home. I hope the devs bring everything that was good in Sims 3 into Sims 4. So far, the skintones are a nice beginning.