Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a Grocery Store Game Pack?

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Only if it was optional to have to buy groceries for meals. Besides, all my sims (with very few exceptions) go fishing and have large gardens. Would only be necessary to buy meat and dairy products, probably....and eggs, flour, sugar, salt...those types of things.

But no, doesn't seem like enough content for its own pack. Maybe if its incorporated into a farming pack or something.
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Yeah,no. Just add it to the base game or something. Because I did enjoy grocery shopping in the sims 2. But I wouldn’t want it to be it’s own separate pack. Nah.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Justine Keaton
    Yeah would give gardening more purpose if we could sell to them too.
    I don’t think It would be boring like some are commenting, this community did vote for Laundry day pack, which gets bland ASAP
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    edited December 2020
    Where's the no option?
    I liked the rabbit hole options for the bookstore, grocery stores and various other venues for the Sims 3. It was an errand your sim had to run so it had a practical purpose. I sent my sims to sell things and buy trivial items or new books at the same time I sent them to the consignment stores. I said no to this though because I agree that putting in rabbit hole lots don't really need a whole pack for themselves. They could easily be given to us in an update. It would really need to be expanded a whole lot for it to be worth any kind of pack.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Where's the no option?
    I don't even want them in the game, let alone pay money for them!
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    Where's the no option?
    No in every sense of the word. We got various addons in packs that allow us to sell and buy items on top of creating our own grocery store. This is one of the few times I think Sims 4 does not need to really expand on what they already put out there.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Yes
    I use a mod by Srsly Sim that adds custom and EA recipes along with ingredients and produce to buy. You can still cook without buying stuff but the food would be more poor quality. I love it because like in real life I get my groceries delivered even before the pandemic. You can sign up for a subscription service that delivers to your mailbox each week, or order online or through your phone and it will in the next mail run. Or if you don't want to wait you can send your Sim to a rabbithole of either 3 stores. The Sim just disappears off the lot for awhile and comes back with groceries in their inventory. Then you must open all the packages and they go in the fridge. Since it would get tiring dragging everything I use a smaller mod my Little Ms Sam that transfers everything.

I just love the mod and Srsly is good about updating. I support her on Patreon but she also releases all new updates within 2 weeks. I have so many more dishes to cook and her mod includes recipes by other modders so you must have their recipes and ingredients too but that's a small part and you don't have to use third party dishes but I have used custom food long before this mod. I've used it for over a year and love it.

But it would be awesome to have an official grocery shopping service similar to TS2 where you could inside the store no rabbithole or order delivery. You also ran out of food. I also want the rabbithole option from TS3. I have used grocery stores from the gallery no mod required it uses the GTW retail system bit I prefer the mod I use.

So this is my long answer to say yes groceries would be great but since I use a mod I don't feel deprived. But not a tip priority for me.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Yes
    ldmarko wrote: »
    I think stores should be more essential. Instead of clicking on the fridge & having food magically appear, they should have to go to the store to buy ingredients.

This. The one thing I loved from TS3 on the PS2 was the ability to use ingredients to cook up meals with all sorts of side-effects, including death!
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Justine Keaton
    It annoyed me having to go shopping before, especially for clothes in Sims 2- I like the click on fridge option more.

But Justine ftw :)

But you could have the groceries delivered which was kind of cool. Maybe they could add an online version for retail clothing etc as well. Kind of like I have to do these days in my real life.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • KBsimmer79KBsimmer79 Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes
    I'd like it but only if they integrated it with produce that can be grown in the game and added some more things to harvest/raise or included it with a farm pack. That way you have to buy from an in world supplier, your produce is limited to the amount they have (for instance 5 tomato plants produce x tomatoes in certain seasons or amounts/types that would logically be grown in that climate) so your options are to either buy local and decrease the carbon footprint, while helping local farmers/fishermen, the produce is higher quality, and some other benefits (maybe something for organic can be in this too) but be limited to the local supplies, have some higher costs, and only be able to offer things in season. Or they can buy from a distribute for less but the produce has lower quality, increases the carbon footprint, may hurt local economies but it is lower in cost and has no limit for season/availability/amount. The option to go with one or attempt to balance the two (for instance there aren't many avocado farms in Brindleton Bay so you'd need to import those) could be very interesting game play. The issue with this is that it would be difficult to implement (I don't know much about games but I know that) and will need sliders and toggles for it to be really good.

That being said if anyone just wishes to go shopping then they want this mod: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175410777688/retail-overhaul-hire-certain-employeesbetter

It provides the ability to go to stores and buy every fish, fruit/veggie/herb/flower, pet toy, jungle/camping supplies, book, and baked good in the game. The fish, fruits/veggies/herbs/flowers, and books include ones added by CC too. So it makes it far easier to cook. All you need to do is go to a store and click on the appropriate objects. It's one of my must have mods for this reason and it doesn't conflict with very much. They have one for other business as well as the option to run a business out of your home. Which is epic.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Where's the no option?
    A Big "NO" for me (Not shouting Just emphasis hehe).

We already have Get To Work. We can already have bookstores, Groceries, Pharmacies, Art galleries, Toy Stores, Bakeries and many more to be built with That Expansion Pack. No Need to create another one.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    No really. I didn't even really like in Sims 2 that I had to order groceries - especially since 1/2 the time I couldn't answer the door before they left and I feared my Sims would starve to death. I sort of like that the fridge always has food.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I find it creepy that Colton seems to be obsessed with a fictional character....
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Justine Keaton
    I'd like to have grocery stores, but only if they came as an update to Get to Work. There's not enough content to support its own game pack.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Where's the no option?
    I don't want it as its own pack, but I do want grocery stores/markets. I think it would work as part of a farming pack. You could sell your produce and other products at the local market. I want the canning station back. We should be able to can our produce and make jam/jelly/preserves and pasta sauces, salad dressings, or soups. It would also be cool to be able to make soap, perfume, essential oils, bath soaks, and lotions. I think we should have the option to sell to a market or run one.
  • saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 74 Member
    Yes
    I bet Linda loves went to the grocery store
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Only if it is tied to a update that makes fridges work with groceries instead of an unlimited supply of food. I would like it to be like sims 2. I liked sending my sims to the groceries in that version but in that game the fridge had a stock of food. Once the fridge was empty you had to buy groceries before you could use the fridge again to cook. They could also be delivered at home. Groceries actually had a function in that game. I would like such a system to return in sims 4.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Justine Keaton
    It sounds inyeresting but seriously, no.

I will say that there is a mod by srslysims called the "cooking overhaul" mod-or something like it- and it's pretty cool. You can send your sim to the grocers, farmers market, or seafood market and buy groceries. And I mean real groceries, like pasta boxes, cereal boxes, frozen snacks, eggs, cheese wheels, bags of sugar. When you bring your groceries home yhey are in your sims inventory and some you have to open-carton of eggs, "slice" the cheese-before storing it in your sims fridge.

A lot of thought went into this mod and honestly what I think a grocery store pack would possibly include.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited December 2020
    Where's the no option?
    Rouensims wrote: »
    So far I don't have any interest in retail stuff for The Sims.

No offense, but the concept of grocery shopping being the next expansion pack bores me. Same with farming. There is a farming sim game. If people like farming, they could play the "Harvest Moon" series instead.

I DO like many of the other expansion pack/game pack/stuff pack ideas such as an 80's expansion pack, werewolves, most different real life countries, Medieval/Renaissance, AND superhero/supervillain.

I DID suggest an Gotham style world and a James Bond styled world with NO guns and NO violence. And have the "Gotham" world and "James Bond" theme world be dark and mysterious. And an anime world.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited December 2020
    Where's the no option?
    YES but please in the base game. Cause this has no business being DLC...
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Where's the no option?
    j1z1 wrote: »
    Maybe if it were just a stuff pack with that new lot type? 'Cause other than taking our sims grocery shopping a few times (I don't see how we could make that interesting more than once), I can't imagine it would be that different from running a retail shop, gameplay-wise. Or if we wanted some supermaket-related BB items, I'd rather they come as a small part of some other pack with a family theme or something.

@j1z1 It's not about the interaction being interesting. I never understand this arguement. It's an everyday thing to do like using the bathroom, it's not interesting but it belongs in a life simulator. It makes the game more fun when you run out of groceries and everyone is hungry and you end up ordering pizza or waiting for groceries.
    Also going to the grocery store can be a great way to implement reasons in the game to leave your home lot and tons of unexpected things happen (or used to happen in the Sims 2) in community lots, so you might go grab groceries and find a new potential lover who knows.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Yes
    If it wasn't a rabbit hole and it was FREE!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited December 2020
    Yes
    I picked the second yes option because I want a farming pack with more fruits, and vegetables, with grains, chicken, beef, pork, eggs, milk ( for cooking), and butter to be sold. We should be able to buy anything we need for a meal such as flour, cornmeal, bread, cake mixes, We should also be able to buy frozen dinners. Juices, soda, etc, The pack should A vegetable stand where you can buy all vegetables, if you are playing as the owner, you could pack the stands with your own perfect fruit and vegetables. The same thing goes for indoor grocery bins.... they should have a vegetable bin showing different types of veggies, and fruit bins showing different types of fruit, you should also be able to buy canned meal, or boxed meals.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited December 2020
    Yes
    It sounds inyeresting but seriously, no.

I will say that there is a mod by srslysims called the "cooking overhaul" mod-or something like it- and it's pretty cool. You can send your sim to the grocers, farmers market, or seafood market and buy groceries. And I mean real groceries, like pasta boxes, cereal boxes, frozen snacks, eggs, cheese wheels, bags of sugar. When you bring your groceries home yhey are in your sims inventory and some you have to open-carton of eggs, "slice" the cheese-before storing it in your sims fridge.

A lot of thought went into this mod and honestly what I think a grocery store pack would possibly include.

Not all of us use mods, so we would like having the actual sims game coming out with these things to make our game more in depth.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Where's the no option?
    nah, I don't see the fun in that at all, nor the point.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat